Why did Obama turn Iraq over to Al Qaeda?

CrusaderFrank

Diamond Member
May 20, 2009
Far from leaving a "sovereign, stable and self-reliant" Iraq, Obama has succeeded in giving AQ what it had prior to the GWOT: State sponsorship.

What was the plan? Did Obama intend to leave Iraq for the Jihadists?

Did Obama intend to throw away and waste the sacrifices of our troops?

Obama's not stupid, so we know this wasn't a blunder. We have to ask, what was his intent?

Obama has had NO experiences to prepare him for issues like you described.
Again... those of us that had closely studied Obama's background tried to tell people this quitter was ill-prepared to be President!

Far from leaving a "sovereign, stable and self-reliant" Iraq, Obama has succeeded in giving AQ what it had prior to the GWOT: State sponsorship.

Obama's not stupid, so we know this wasn't a blunder. We have to ask, what was his intent?

They bought it for a reasonable price..they(Sunnis) seem to have the balls the Shiites do not..

Show me a time in the history of the area known as Iraq, that has ever had a long stable history....

Last edited:
The neo-con vision failed, as it would.

It is flawed and cannot be fixed.

This was inevitable. Iraq is breaking apart. It is a nation that cannot exist as is under anything other than autocratic control. The same would happen to Syria if Assad fell. These are relatively tribal-thinking people who hate each other far more than they do the US. Mix into that oil revenue that is being unevenly shared, and no US President or outside influence could prevent this. Any association with AQ, as weak as the connections are already, is really just branding themselves to be scarier than they are to drive away resistance, and seems to be working.

I think it takes almost 2 decades of training before the Army entrusts a Commander with a division. Obama gave the ISF about 2 weeks before he turned the entire country over to them.

And then, like at Benghazi, he refused to give help when asked.

Again, I ask, why did Obama do that?

Obama has had NO experiences to prepare him for issues like you described.
Again... those of us that had closely studied Obama's background tried to tell people this quitter was ill-prepared to be President!

The only way to help is to take sides, and have more Americans die for something the Iraqi will not..

Last edited:
I think it takes almost 2 decades of training before the Army entrusts a Commander with a division. Obama gave the ISF about 2 weeks before he turned the entire country over to them.

Look at our infant nation.....we did it alone and beat the world's greatest military power, twice..

shusssss !! do not let this out, it is privileged info..., O' Bummer Hussein is a muslime and so to speak....., one of them, he even admitted he IS a muslime, TRUE, look it up.

oooooh, let'snot discuss the meaning of............., "IS" :lmao: ..... :lmao:

Barry Hussein's foreign policy is incoherent and dumb ass John Kerry only makes it worse. He is mired in about a dozen scandals and to top it off he doesn't give a shit. The freaking A-hole thought the war was over when Navy Seals killed Bin Laden.

You've just got all the answers, for somebody that has so much bias you lean to the right when you walk..it should be really good advice...

Look at our infant nation.....we did it alone and beat the world's greatest military power, twice..

I'm sure you think you made a point. Nobody is sure what it is

Barry Hussein's foreign policy is incoherent and dumb ass John Kerry only makes it worse. He is mired in about a dozen scandals and to top it off he doesn't give a shit. The freaking A-hole thought the war was over when Navy Seals killed Bin Laden.

Are ready to go into Iraq and help the Shiites defend their country?

I'm sure you think you made a point. Nobody is sure what it is

A nods as good as a wink to a blind bat....

Why did we stay in Iraq when it was apparent that there were no WMD's. War is a business these days and business is good. Iraq, the pot of gold for bush/cheney, halliburton, blackwater while Americans become poorer and poorer.

Should we have made Iraq a commonwealth, like Puerto Rico?

And had ourselves some brand new citizens able to travel all through the US?

That's a bold plan, CF.

This was inevitable. Iraq is breaking apart. It is a nation that cannot exist as is under anything other than autocratic control. The same would happen to Syria if Assad fell. These are relatively tribal-thinking people who hate each other far more than they do the US. Mix into that oil revenue that is being unevenly shared, and no US President or outside influence could prevent this. Any association with AQ, as weak as the connections are already, is really just branding themselves to be scarier than they are to drive away resistance, and seems to be working.

Al Qaeda considers thm fellows to be too extreme...

Last edited:

Should we have made Iraq a commonwealth, like Puerto Rico?

And had ourselves some brand new citizens able to travel all through the US?

That's a bold plan, CF.

Remember how we totally abandoned Germany and Japan in 1946 and pulled out all our troops?

Forum List

Back