🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Why did President Reagan wait 4 days before responding to Korean Airlines Flight 007?

I wasn't there but the person who said it was.

Nothing but revisionist history.

See how easy that is? A rock solid debate point.

What's not in debate is that it took Reagan 4 days to address it. Why did it take so long? Because his handlers had to convince him, against his will, to get his ass up and out of his ranch in California to fly back to Washington to address the nation.

"That's the point I was going to make, Brian, I was covering Ronald Reagan at that time, he was in Santa Barbara at his ranch when this happened and quite frankly, he didn't want to leave and his advisors realized how terrible this looked and eventually persuaded him he had to fly back to Washington, and had to make this speech to the nation but it did take him 4 days and among other things, they were trying to figure out was, what happened? Because it wasn't clear right away what happened, so let's see what Obama does." ~ Chris Wallace, on Fox News

So, rightwingers have been worshiping an insane "Alzheimer's-addled" Reagan? Now it makes sense.

Fuck Reagan! That prick was a disaster!

And other than let himself get talked into flying back to Washington to give a speech 4 days later about an atrocity which cost America 61 lives, what did Reagan do in response to the downing of KAL007?

.......... nothing.

If Reagan was "Alzheimer's-addled" - why wasn't Vice President Bush sworn in as President? Did Reagan's enablers protect him and deceive the country?

Those with Alzheimer's can go years before the disease reaches the stage of incapacity, Reagan showed signs but functioned at a moderate level, says his son, and a few experts.

In Reagan's day capabilities were much different from today, speed of information was much slower. But what he did do is immediately, upon satisfying information make strong statements and not head off to fund raise and joke. Obama's opening that day was just ridiculous. How does this guy have so much time for fund raising, as well as golf all the time? Seriously. I have tried to not dog on that fact, but I just can't stop myself any more.

Another USMB RWnut tests ODS positive.

Anybody notice in this thread the arguing about presidents flying off to fundraisers? It's beside the point of the story but this is what politicians do. Fund raise. Both reagan and obama using taxpayer money (airplanes, fuel, etc.) to mooch money from the wealthy class. Time to get money out of politics.

Ronald Reagan's 30-Year Time Bombs

The time element of “30 years” keeps slipping into American official reports and news stories about the origins of crises – the latest in “The Financial Crisis Inquiry Report” – but rarely is the relevance of the three-decade span explained, and there is a reason.

The failure to close the circle in saying who started the nation off on the path toward these disasters is because nearly everyone shies away from blaming Ronald Reagan for almost anything.

The overpowering consensus in Washington is that it’s political suicide to criticize the 40th president of the United States, whose centennial birthday on Feb. 6 will be celebrated elaborately.

It’s much safer to behave like MSNBC’s “Hardball” host Chris Matthews and simply accept that Reagan was “one of the all-time greats.”

But the truth is that Reagan’s current historical reputation rests more on the effectiveness of the Republican propaganda machine – and the timidity of many Democrats and media personalities – than on his actual record of accomplishments.

Indeed, many of today’s worst national and international problems can be traced to misjudgments and malfeasance from the Reagan years – from the swelling national debt to out-of-control banks, from the decline of the U.S. middle class to the inaction on energy independence, from the rise of Islamic fundamentalism to Pakistan’s nuclear arsenal.

All of these disasters are part of the Reagan Legacy. Yet, possibly the most insidious residue from the Reagan Years was the concept of manipulating information – what some Reagan officials liked to call “perception management” – as a means of societal control.

MUCH MORE: Ronald Reagan's 30-Year Time Bombs

Reagan was a disaster for America - especially the poor and middle class. Because of him, I switched from Republican to Democrat - and I've never regretted that decision.

This desperation is hilarious. The loons are falling all over themselves to deflect away from the disastrous Boy Blunder. The race card is worn out. Blaming Bush has become ridiculous even for lefties. So now, they're going back to the 80's and trying to run down Reagan in order to deflect away form their disaster-in-chief.

This is almost as damning for Oblunder than his actual record of screwing up everything he touches.

When children make mistakes, they blame others. Adults own up to their short comings. We are witnessing childish temper tantrums of child-minded loons trying to defend the indefensible. What a legacy for Oblunder. Carter can sleep well at night knowing he won't go down in history as the most incompetent president in U.S. history.

Can't brag? Then blame. It's what a three-year-old would do. That fits Obamabots.

Why are we dredging up stuff from 31 years ago? No wait, why did it take you 31 years to bring this up?

Why?

Because everyone and his brother is playing Reagan's response to the downed Korean Airliner.

And the wondrous thing is? Reagan prattled on and on about how civilized nations don't shoot down Civilian airliners even if they stray into their territory.

Then, a few short years later? The US shot down a civilian airliner while they were in Foreign waters.

Think Reagan even bother with a speech then?

Gotta love it.

Last edited:
Just as I suspected.

Lakhota had no interest in a reasonable discussion but instead only desired to open the door to bash Reagan and Republicans.

Hack.

So, rightwingers have been worshiping an insane "Alzheimer's-addled" Reagan? Now it makes sense.

And Obama has been worshiped by insane left wingers who don't even have the excuse of Alzheimer's.

I'll just say Washington, Jefferson, Adams, and FDR are not in jeopardy of being replaced, at the top.

In Reagan's day capabilities were much different from today, speed of information was much slower. But what he did do is immediately, upon satisfying information make strong statements and not head off to fund raise and joke. Obama's opening that day was just ridiculous. How does this guy have so much time for fund raising, as well as golf all the time? Seriously. I have tried to not dog on that fact, but I just can't stop myself any more.

Another USMB RWnut tests ODS positive.

Care to dispute what I said, or just continue to deflect?

And Obama has been worshiped by insane left wingers who don't even have the excuse of Alzheimer's.

Reagan was an unmitigated disaster as a President.

He blew up the deficit, spent like a drunken sailor, cut taxes on the rich and then raised taxes on the poor and middle class. He cut regulations and starved regulators, reintroducing the boom/bust economies of yore.

Not only that? He supported folks like Osama Bin Laden and the Contras.

Which has led to some pretty catastrophic outcomes.

Forum List

Back