Why do Americans feel like taxes are somehow the government robbing them of money?

The liberal clown-faced idiots will never understand this, but conservatives are not against appropriate taxation. Some of us are even okay with a moderately progressive tax system. However when 40+ percent of the citizens don't pay income tax, the entire burden is placed on the rest of us.

Worse yet, when we write that big a$$ check to Uncle Sam every quarter, we know that much of our hard-earned money isn't going to pay for military, or roads, or NASA, but rather stupid $hit like this:

Wastebook 2014 Sen. Coburn highlights questionable wasteful government spending - CBS News
If forty percent don't pay income taxes due to a lack of wealth; why not simply ask the wealthiest to make up any shortfalls?

Or, is asking for better public policies too much to ask alleged conservatives.

I will try to type slowly so you can understand it.

Most of us are okay with a moderately progressive tax system. If that sentence is difficult for you to understand because you've been brainwashed, just read it over and over again. It might just sink in.

Our problem isn't that we don't tax the rich enough, it's because we spend too much on stupid shit....like $914,000 the NEA spent on studying "romance".
Then why blame the least wealthy for not paying taxes under our form of Capitalism. That was what I was responding to. Why the non sequitur; are you on the Right?

A drop in the bucket when compared to our socialized wars on crime, drugs, poverty, and terror, that wealthy Capitalists can invest in and still make money on unearned income and at a lower tax rate than that of the least wealthy who may work by the "sweat of their brow".

I don't blame the least wealthy for not paying taxes, nor do I blame the wealthy for using every legal method there is to avoid paying taxes I blame the politicians for setting up a system where so few pay income tax. This is the same system that allows all of the tax breaks & such that the "wealthy" use to avoid the exorbitant tax rates imposed on them.

Our federal government is way to bloated and expensive. I mean, now the FEDERAL government will be tracking the racial make-up of every neighborhood in the country so that they can impose punitive measures on local governments and businesses for not being diverse enough. (Attention America s Suburbs You Have Just Been Annexed National Review Online I doubt anyone can tell you how much this program costs the taxpayer, how many low-, mid-, and upper-level bureaucrats will be hired to run this program and, of course, the minions of lawyers needed to sue all of the local governments and businesses.

And yet nobody steps back and asks where the federal government gets the authority to do such things.

READ THE CONSTITUTION. It was supposed to limit the power of the federal government and form a republic of states. The republic is dead, replaced by the bureaucratical behemoth of a federal government.
We have a Commerce Clause that the Right loves to appeal to ignorance of, merely so the least wealthy can Only receive the least benefit under our form of Capitalism.

It sounds like the right is just upset that the least wealthy know how to avoid taxes without having to lobby Congress for tax loopholes large enough to drive a yacht through.

The liberal clown-faced idiots will never understand this, but conservatives are not against appropriate taxation. Some of us are even okay with a moderately progressive tax system. However when 40+ percent of the citizens don't pay income tax, the entire burden is placed on the rest of us.

Worse yet, when we write that big a$$ check to Uncle Sam every quarter, we know that much of our hard-earned money isn't going to pay for military, or roads, or NASA, but rather stupid $hit like this:

Wastebook 2014 Sen. Coburn highlights questionable wasteful government spending - CBS News
If forty percent don't pay income taxes due to a lack of wealth; why not simply ask the wealthiest to make up any shortfalls?

Or, is asking for better public policies too much to ask alleged conservatives.

I will try to type slowly so you can understand it.

Most of us are okay with a moderately progressive tax system. If that sentence is difficult for you to understand because you've been brainwashed, just read it over and over again. It might just sink in.

Our problem isn't that we don't tax the rich enough, it's because we spend too much on stupid shit....like $914,000 the NEA spent on studying "romance".
Then why blame the least wealthy for not paying taxes under our form of Capitalism. That was what I was responding to. Why the non sequitur; are you on the Right?

A drop in the bucket when compared to our socialized wars on crime, drugs, poverty, and terror, that wealthy Capitalists can invest in and still make money on unearned income and at a lower tax rate than that of the least wealthy who may work by the "sweat of their brow".

I don't blame the least wealthy for not paying taxes, nor do I blame the wealthy for using every legal method there is to avoid paying taxes I blame the politicians for setting up a system where so few pay income tax. This is the same system that allows all of the tax breaks & such that the "wealthy" use to avoid the exorbitant tax rates imposed on them.

Our federal government is way to bloated and expensive. I mean, now the FEDERAL government will be tracking the racial make-up of every neighborhood in the country so that they can impose punitive measures on local governments and businesses for not being diverse enough. (Attention America s Suburbs You Have Just Been Annexed National Review Online I doubt anyone can tell you how much this program costs the taxpayer, how many low-, mid-, and upper-level bureaucrats will be hired to run this program and, of course, the minions of lawyers needed to sue all of the local governments and businesses.

And yet nobody steps back and asks where the federal government gets the authority to do such things.

READ THE CONSTITUTION. It was supposed to limit the power of the federal government and form a republic of states. The republic is dead, replaced by the bureaucratical behemoth of a federal government.
We have a Commerce Clause that the Right loves to appeal to ignorance of, merely so the least wealthy can Only receive the least benefit under our form of Capitalism.

Really? please elaborate

For almost 50%, their "fair share" is NOTHING!!!!

Are you trying to say the poor pay no taxes? That is an old talking point, and has been disproven many times. Are the poor exempt from taxes on food, clothing, gas, or anything else they buy? No. Your statement is and has ben a lie since the first time it was told.

Most poor pay no income taxes and get welfare through the tax code in the from of unearned income tax credits. Prove that statement wrong.

If that is supposed to mean they pay no taxes, it's wrong on it's face. They do pay taxes. What you wrote is just a diversion. You can't get past the fact that everybody pays taxes.

Ok, so you can't prove the statement wrong. Just the same old BS, BTW most food is not taxed in my state and we have no state income tax.

Property taxes in Texas are some of the highest in the nation. Much higher than normal fuel Tax, sales tax, and other taxes that everybody has to pay make up the difference. Everybody pays taxes.

Very few poor people own property, our overall fuel cost is lower than most states, our state sales tax is lower than most blue states at 6.25% and local sales taxes are limited to 2%. Sure everyone pays some tax, the poor pay far less, in dollars, than most and gets many more benefits than most.

Because they are either idiots that don't understand that roads and fire departments are a good thing, or creeps that don't want to pay their fair share.

Define "fair share".

Are you trying to say the poor pay no taxes? That is an old talking point, and has been disproven many times. Are the poor exempt from taxes on food, clothing, gas, or anything else they buy? No. Your statement is and has ben a lie since the first time it was told.

Most poor pay no income taxes and get welfare through the tax code in the from of unearned income tax credits. Prove that statement wrong.
Income taxes are not the Only taxes; it is just special pleading on the part of the socially less responsible Right.

Don't reply to my posts, I won't reply to your gibberish.

Government should have a 100% efficiency rating like other business' or companies that has not existed ever. And once they have 100% efficiency they will stop saying its robbery.

Also pigs have to take flight and find the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow

The question should be rephrased thusly: "Should the public be forced to pay for goods that only a few people enjoy?".
You mean like socialized bailouts for the wealthiest who can enjoy it the most.
"Is it right to force the entire country to pay for this?" should be asked of EVERY government expenditure.
Like our alleged wars on crime, drugs, poverty and terror?
You certainly have to ask the question, "are they working?". If they are not, perhaps there's a better way that would actually work without society putting a stamp of approval on what's being fought.
We have a Commerce Clause that the Right loves to appeal to ignorance of, merely so the least wealthy can Only receive the least benefit under our form of Capitalism with any social programs.
And you have to ask if we can afford it. The fact that we will owe $20 trillion after Obama leaves office means we can really afford very little new anything.

We have a Commerce Clause that the Right loves to appeal to ignorance of, merely so the least wealthy can Only receive the least benefit under our form of Capitalism with any social programs.

Again, read the constitution. The Commerce Clause was written to LIMIT the power of the federal government. Unfortunately, with Wickard v. Filburn ruling, there is NOTHING that the federal government cannot regulate now.

Nothing.

If that is supposed to mean they pay no taxes, it's wrong on it's face. They do pay taxes. What you wrote is just a diversion. You can't get past the fact that everybody pays taxes.

Ok, so you can't prove the statement wrong. Just the same old BS, BTW most food is not taxed in my state and we have no state income tax.

Property taxes in Texas are some of the highest in the nation. Much higher than normal fuel Tax, sales tax, and other taxes that everybody has to pay make up the difference. Everybody pays taxes.

Very few poor people own property, our overall fuel cost is lower than most states, our state sales tax is lower than most blue states at 6.25% and local sales taxes are limited to 2%. Sure everyone pays some tax, the poor pay far less, in dollars, than most and gets many more benefits than most.

So you're finally ready to admit that old crap about half the country pays no taxes is utter bullshit?

Government should have a 100% efficiency rating like other business' or companies that has not existed ever. And once they have 100% efficiency they will stop saying its robbery.

Also pigs have to take flight and find the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow

The difference is that private businesses don't force you to give them your money at gunpoint.

Again, read the constitution. The Commerce Clause was written to LIMIT the power of the federal government. Unfortunately, with Wickard v. Filburn ruling, there is NOTHING that the federal government cannot regulate now.

Nothing.
The commerce clause is the most abused section of the Constitution

The difference is that private businesses don't force you to give them your money at gunpoint.

Good point, So when the Government is 100% efficient and asks for Taxes nicely then and ONLY THEN will republicans stop complaining about taxes being robbery.

Is the picture getting clearer now?

The electric company is damn close to that.

So you're finally ready to admit that old crap about half the country pays no taxes is utter bullshit?

Pleas feel free to point to where I made that statement, I said they pay no income taxes and get welfare through the tax code and you have yet to prove that wrong. I never said there are people who pay no taxes and as pointed out many times the discussion is on income taxes. Sorry you lack the ability to keep up.

Good point, So when the Government is 100% efficient and asks for Taxes nicely then and ONLY THEN will republicans stop complaining about taxes being robbery.

I never said anything about 100% efficient but we should now every last thing our tax money is spent on.

When the fucking government collects for example 100 billion in taxes a year that are supposed to be earmarked for roads and then cries that the highway trust fund has no money then we should have an accounting to the penny of where all that money went.

And if anyone in the private sector handled money like the idiots in the fucking government they would either be out of a job or in jail

The electric company is damn close to that.

So save your pennies and go off the gird, you can't do that with income taxes.

I never said anything about 100% efficient but we should now every last thing our tax money is spent on.

Yeah I know, thats why I didnt say you did.

When the fucking government collects for example 100 billion in taxes a year that are supposed to be earmarked for roads and then cries that the highway trust fund has no money then we should have an accounting to the penny of where all that money went.

And if anyone in the private sector handled money like the idiots in the fucking government they would either be out of a job or in jail

So what percentage would you say is acceptable efficiency and how would this volunteer tax plan be implemented and enforced?

Yeah I know, thats why I didnt say you did.

So what percentage would you say is acceptable efficiency and how would this volunteer tax plan be implemented and enforced?

I never said all taxes were theft I said unfairly applied taxes are theft. Especially the income tax and the death tax

Because they are either idiots that don't understand that roads and fire departments are a good thing, or creeps that don't want to pay their fair share.

Define "fair share".

Are you trying to say the poor pay no taxes? That is an old talking point, and has been disproven many times.....

No, yours is the hackneyed old talking point that remains as disingenuous now as ever. Some dimwitted and uncreative lefty always tries to drag that old saw out whenever someone is clearly talking about income tax.

It is because righties have only fallacy to work with.

Income taxes are not the Only taxes; it is just special pleading on the part of the socially less responsible Right.

ah, so being a jerk is your gig. now we get it. that's about the FIFTH time you've said that since you and your jerk buddies has OVER taken this thread with your all's continuous spew in post after post. go outside and play or something. You're making a fool out of yourself

Forum List

Back