Why do big cities vote Democrat?

You offered a constitutional opinion. I just asked to show me where scotus agrees with you

I can show you that Medicare exists and is presumed constitutional. Why has it not been overturned?
If you want to argue over court rulings go to a law class.

You make claims it's up to you to support them. You claim that tax rates can be whatever you decide and used however you please, cite the constitutional authority for same.

You can start looking in article 1 Section 8.

If you want to argue over court rulings go to a law class.

You make claims it's up to you to support them. You claim that tax rates can be whatever you decide and used however you please, cite the constitutional authority for same.

You can start looking in article 1 Section 8.
General welfare of the united states. The general welfare of this country includes keeping its citizens healthy.

Article I, Section 8, Clause 1: The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States; . .

I have been hearing about this since Reagan and the sky has not fallen yet. Lol
Nobody but yourself mentioned "the sky is falling". The subject being discussed is inflation.

To get the same value for 100.00 1985 dollars today you have to spend over 270.00.

That's inflation.

General welfare of the united states. The general welfare of this country includes keeping its citizens healthy.

Article I, Section 8, Clause 1: The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States; . .
Which is spelled out in detail below. Keep reading.

Which is spelled out in detail below. Keep reading.
Congress is charged by the Constitution with providing for the general welfare of the country's citizens. Historically, this has meant improving transportation, promoting agriculture and industry, protecting health and the environment, and seeking ways to solve social and economic problems.

Congress is charged by the Constitution with providing for the general welfare of the country's citizens. Historically, this has meant improving transportation, promoting agriculture and industry, protecting health and the environment, and seeking ways to solve social and economic problems.

That isn't what it says under Article 1 Section 8.

They list the legitimate areas of spending in detail.

No they don't, what drives that economic growth are the people who actually produce things to be sold.
Yes. People who live in the cities. Commerce locates in cities because of the availability of infrastructure and resources. The wealth generated by those people drives commerce and investment throughout the state.

Yes. People who live in the cities. Commerce locates in cities because of the availability of infrastructure and resources. The wealth generated by those people drives commerce and investment throughout the state.
They aren't generating any wealth, they aren't creating anything at all, they are simply shuffling money from one hand to another.

Forum List

Back