Why do big cities vote Democrat?

Ok you're done. You hot cornered and you are running now

Your claim is EVERY SOCIAL PROGRAM in the US is unconstitutional

And that is just flat out laughable

You are dismissed
I'm not running anywhere. I'm asking you to support your claim which you cannot and we both know it.

They aren't generating any wealth, they aren't creating anything at all, they are simply shuffling money from one hand to another.
“Shuffling money from one hand to another” is called commerce.
Uh huh. No new Suburban sprawl generated by wealth and demand anywhere. :cuckoo:

Is every social program in the US unconstitutional?

I'll just keep asking while you run
Yes, I realize you're going to do everything humanly possible to dodge the original question which is where under the spending clause such spending is authorized because it isn't there.

We both know that don't we?

Yes, I realize you're going to do everything humanly possible to dodge the original question which is where under the spending clause such spending is authorized because it isn't there.

We both know that don't we?
Man they know how to run in texas

Look how scared you are of my question

HAHAHAHAHA

Dismissed

Cause 1 is a full and complete clause. Each clause is independent. So spending on the general welfare is WELL ESTABLISHED to mean spending on social programs

“Shuffling money from one hand to another” is called commerce.
Uh huh. No new Suburban sprawl generated by wealth and demand anywhere. :cuckoo:
You don't understand the difference in creating wealth and spreading it around.

Would you like some example?

A farmer raises produce on his farm and takes it to the local farmers market.

People pay him for that produce, thus he has just created wealth by the utilization of natural resources.

The same is true of oil and gas producers pharmaceutical manufacturers or anyone else that utilized natural resources to create goods of ever greater wealth.

A man owns land, digs from it coal, sells coal to people in the city to heat their homes,

A farmer raises and butchers his own meat for sale in the family meat market.

I lease water rights on my property to the city so they can pump water for the citizens.

I sell gravel by the ton mined off my property for the city to build roads and parking lots with.

These are examples of wealth creation.

That is how America became the richest nation on earth and why we're steadily moving backwards in wealth creation as we move away from that type of economy.

A ton of gravel in a hole on my property has little to no value but when it is utilized as described above it becomes a source of wealth creation.

In the US we used to mine, process, and fabricate products from our own Iron ore mined in the US. At each step in processing that iron gains value, jobs are created, and tax revenues were generated all the way from the ground to the screws you use in the home or the cars we drove manufactured in Michigan.

That's why the old industrial center of the US and the cities like Chicago, Pittsburgh etc. is rotting from the neck down. The means by which their great wealth was generated is gone.

You are now fabricating.

It isn't there.
  • Clause 1
  • The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

General welfare.....right there

Clause one is a full and complete clause. It states spending on general welfare.

You are done
No, the entire clause is one long running sentence spelling out both the overall authority and specific areas of legitimate spending.

There's a reason it was constructed in that manner, to limit federal spending to those specifically listed items.

Section 8. The Congress shall have Power to lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

To borrow Money on the credit of the United States;

To regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian Tribes;

To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization, and uniform Laws on the subject of Bankruptcies throughout the United States;

To coin Money, regulate the Value thereof, and of foreign Coin, and fix the Standard of Weights and Measures;

To provide for the Punishment of counterfeiting the Securities and current Coin of the United States;

To establish Post Offices and Post Roads;

To promote the Progress of Science and useful Arts, by securing for limited Times to Authors and Inventors the exclusive Right to their respective Writings and Discoveries;

To constitute Tribunals inferior to the supreme Court;

To define and punish Piracies and Felonies committed on the high Seas, and Offenses against the Law of Nations;

To declare War, grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal, and make Rules concerning Captures on Land and Water;

To raise and support Armies, but no Appropriation of Money to that Use shall be for a longer term than two Years;

To provide and maintain a Navy;

To make Rules for the Government and Regulation of the land and naval Forces;

To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions;

To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the Militia, and for governing such Part of them as may be employed in the Service of the United States, reserving to the States respectively, the Appointment of the Officers, and the Authority of training the militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress;

To exercise exclusive Legislation in all Cases whatsoever, over such District (not exceeding ten Miles square) as may, by Cession of particular States, and the Acceptance of Congress,become the Seat of the Government of the United States, and to exercise like Authority over all Places purchased by the Consent of the Legislature of the State in which the Same shall be, for the Erection of Forts, Magazines, Arsenals, Dockyards, and other needful Buildings;—And

To make all Laws which shall be necessary and proper for carrying into Execution the foregoing Powers, and all other Powers vested by this Constitution in the Government of the United States, or in any Department or Officer thereof... .

No, the entire clause is one long running sentence spelling out both the overall authority and specific areas of legitimate spending.

There's a reason it was constructed in that manner, to limit federal spending to those specifically listed items.
Each clause is a independent power of congress.

You may have a different opinion but no jurist in the land believes you and you woukd be laughed out of court

Each clause is a independent power of congress.

You may have a different opinion but no jurist in the land believes you and you woukd be laughed out of court
They can't be independent since they are all listed in the same sentence.

The entire purpose of our constitution was to organize the structure of and limit the scope and powers of the Federal Gov't.

If authority is not specifically granted to the Federal Gov't, it remains the purview of the states and individuals.

A court can rule tomorrow that a dog is a butterfly and a cat is a pig but everyone who looks at them knows it isn't true.

They can't be independent since they are all listed in the same sentence.

The entire purpose of our constitution was to organize the structure of and limit the scope and powers of the Federal Gov't.

If authority is not specifically granted to the Federal Gov't, it remains the purview of the states and individuals.

A court can rule tomorrow that a dog is a butterfly and a cat is a pig but everyone who looks at them knows it isn't true.
And yet NO ONE BELIEVES YOU

You cant find a jurist in the country that believes all social programs are unconstitutional

You would have judges on their knees laughing at you for that opinion.

And yet NO ONE BELIEVES YOU

You cant find a jurist in the country that believes all social programs are unconstitutional

You would have judges on their knees laughing at you for that opinion.
Yet I'm not the one having to fabricate things that are not there to bolster my argument, you are.

Yet I'm not the one having to fabricate things that are not there to bolster my argument, you are.
Fabricate? It's right here

• Clause 1
  • The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

Forum List

Back