Why do democrats think that the purpose of government is to go into debt?

ask Greece if govt debt and deficit spending creates prosperity, or you could ask Spain, Portugal, France, North Korea, Cuba, Russia, the UK, Germany, Italy.

when and where has govt debt created prosperity?

Government debt has created great prosperity in the United States of America. Do you need more examples?

This Pink Flounder posing as a Red Phish reminds me of the right wingers and anti regulation people of the 1970s who founded the Federalist Society in the 1982 used both Hamilton and Madison in their logo and printing...they are expert at misrepresenting themselves and the history of American federalism

your juvenile attempt at humorous insults is noted.

A limited amount of govt debt is necessary to run the country, but the debt payments should be included in the annual budget and more debt should not be created to pay the interest on previous debt---------what we are doing now is even worse, we are paying only the interest and borrowing money to do that.

its fiscal lunacy. I am amazed that you cannot see that.

ask Greece if govt debt and deficit spending creates prosperity, or you could ask Spain, Portugal, France, North Korea, Cuba, Russia, the UK, Germany, Italy.

when and where has govt debt created prosperity?

Government debt has created great prosperity in the United States of America. Do you need more examples?

bullshit, free enterprise and capitalism have created great prosperity in the USA. Govt debt is the antithesis of prosperity. are you a complete loon?

in other words "Fuck facts" :clap2:

This Pink Flounder posing as a Red Phish reminds me of the right wingers and anti regulation people of the 1970s who founded the Federalist Society in the 1982 used both Hamilton and Madison in their logo and printing...they are expert at misrepresenting themselves and the history of American federalism

your juvenile attempt at humorous insults is noted.

A limited amount of govt debt is necessary to run the country, but the debt payments should be included in the annual budget and more debt should not be created to pay the interest on previous debt---------what we are doing now is even worse, we are paying only the interest and borrowing money to do that.

its fiscal lunacy. I am amazed that you cannot see that.

your opinions posing as facts are duly noted.

Guess what, though? When you decrease federal spending, the economy subsequently goes into recession.

How do we get out of recessions?

We increase federal spending. EVERY DAMNED TIME.

It works!!

Only in the sense that the market is attempting to correct itself from the malinvestment created by the government spending in the first place. In other words, it's not cutting spending that causes the recession, but the spending in the first place by creating false and unsustainable demand.

This is "echo chamber" thinking. There is NO EVIDENCE AT ALL to support your statement--it is pure ideological bullshit.

I especially liked the part about "malinvestment."

LOL

This post can essentially be boiled down to, "Nuh uh."

Guess what, though? When you decrease federal spending, the economy subsequently goes into recession.

How do we get out of recessions?

We increase federal spending. EVERY DAMNED TIME.

It works!!

Only in the sense that the market is attempting to correct itself from the malinvestment created by the government spending in the first place. In other words, it's not cutting spending that causes the recession, but the spending in the first place by creating false and unsustainable demand.
:cuckoo:

I thought Alan Greenspan taught you people MARKETS do not actually DO anything.

Markets do not correct themselves.

You'll have to forgive me for not trusting the judgment of the man responsible for the housing bubble.

bullshit, free enterprise and capitalism have created great prosperity in the USA. Govt debt is the antithesis of prosperity. are you a complete loon?

[youtube]bAH-o7oEiyY[/youtube]

Greenspan's Mea Culpa - NYTimes.com

Updated at 4 p.m.

Here’s a fascinating exchange between Alan Greenspan and Representative Henry A. Waxman from today’s hearing on Capitol Hill (as reported by Michael Grynbaum):

Referring to his free-market ideology, Mr. Greenspan added: “I have found a flaw. I don’t know how significant or permanent it is. But I have been very distressed by that fact.”

Mr. Waxman pressed the former Fed chair to clarify his words. “In other words, you found that your view of the world, your ideology, was not right, it was not working,” Mr. Waxman said.

“Absolutely, precisely,” Mr. Greenspan replied. “You know, that’s precisely the reason I was shocked, because I have been going for 40 years or more with very considerable evidence that it was working exceptionally well.”​

Over the last 30 years or so years, the world has been deeply influenced by a laissez-faire economic philosophy, which has shifted the world toward an embrace of markets. And markets certainly do many things very well. (Can you name a country that has prospered without relying to a great extent on an open, market-based economy? Or at least moving toward one?)

But it certainly seems as if this country, at least, went too far toward laissez-faire economics.
and where the author veers off into right field with Greenspan is in believing markets actually DO anything. They don't. They are tools. Screw drivers and hammers don't actually do anything, and neither do markets

Hilarious. Alan Greenspan, Chairman of the Federal Reserve (aka the chief central planner of the economy), is somehow a proponent of free markets.

Uhh, no.

:cuckoo:

I thought Alan Greenspan taught you people MARKETS do not actually DO anything.

Markets do not correct themselves.

You'll have to forgive me for not trusting the judgment of the man responsible for the housing bubble.

you don't have to. You trust the likes of loons like the Freak Family Paul

Updated at 4 p.m.

Here’s a fascinating exchange between Alan Greenspan and Representative Henry A. Waxman from today’s hearing on Capitol Hill (as reported by Michael Grynbaum):

Referring to his free-market ideology, Mr. Greenspan added: “I have found a flaw. I don’t know how significant or permanent it is. But I have been very distressed by that fact.”

Mr. Waxman pressed the former Fed chair to clarify his words. “In other words, you found that your view of the world, your ideology, was not right, it was not working,” Mr. Waxman said.

“Absolutely, precisely,” Mr. Greenspan replied. “You know, that’s precisely the reason I was shocked, because I have been going for 40 years or more with very considerable evidence that it was working exceptionally well.”​

Over the last 30 years or so years, the world has been deeply influenced by a laissez-faire economic philosophy, which has shifted the world toward an embrace of markets. And markets certainly do many things very well. (Can you name a country that has prospered without relying to a great extent on an open, market-based economy? Or at least moving toward one?)

But it certainly seems as if this country, at least, went too far toward laissez-faire economics.
and where the author veers off into right field with Greenspan is in believing markets actually DO anything. They don't. They are tools. Screw drivers and hammers don't actually do anything, and neither do markets

Hilarious. Alan Greenspan, Chairman of the Federal Reserve (aka the chief central planner of the economy), is somehow a proponent of free markets.

Uhh, no.

In the real world Alan Greenspan was an advocate of free market principles. You can take that to the bank

Uhh, no.

In the real world Alan Greenspan was an advocate of free market principles. You can take that to the bank

Free market means without government meddling. The Federal Reserve is the greatest example of government meddling. The Chairman of the Fed does not advocate free market principles by definition.

Uhh, no.

Free market means without government meddling. The Federal Reserve is the greatest example of government meddling. The Chairman of the Fed does not advocate free market principles by definition.

ideologues like you will never get it

ideologues like you will never get it

I don't think it makes me an ideologue to say that something cannot be it's opposite, but maybe I'm too much of an ideologue to see it clearly. Regardless, we're all ideologues, so calling someone an ideologue is pointless.

point counter point on a similar thread.

Why do you on the left think that the government should continually spend more than it takes in and then borrow the shortfall from countries that view us an enemies?

where does the borrowing and debt end? Is 17 trillion enough? Should the country be 30 trillion in debt?

BTW, if you took every penny from the evil rich it would not come close to paying off our national debt.

Stupid post. Truly moronic.

Updated at 4 p.m.

Uhh, no.

He knew EXACTLY what was going on. He's evil incarnate. And oh yes, a BIG fan of Ayn Rand. In fact when she was alive he was her bitch.

point counter point on a similar thread.

Why do you on the left think that the government should continually spend more than it takes in and then borrow the shortfall from countries that view us an enemies?

where does the borrowing and debt end? Is 17 trillion enough? Should the country be 30 trillion in debt?

BTW, if you took every penny from the evil rich it would not come close to paying off our national debt.

Stupid post. Truly moronic.

Why?

If we're borrowing it from China how is this a stupid post? We're not spending it on science, technology or infrastructure. SO we're not spending it to our own betterment.

Uhh, no.

He knew EXACTLY what was going on. He's evil incarnate. And oh yes, a BIG fan of Ayn Rand. In fact when she was alive he was her bitch.

So you don't believe in capitalism and free markets?

Uhh, no.

Really? Evil incarnate? Hyperbole much?

Regardless, he was indeed a part of Rand's circle at one point. However, he betrayed those principles he once had, or pretended to have, when he began to make exceptions for central economic planning, which led to him becoming the chief central planner, the Chairman of the Fed. As I've said, you cannot be Chairman of the Fed and a supporter of free markets. The purpose of the Fed is to plan the economy, which is the opposite of free markets.

Forum List

Back