Why do democrats think that the purpose of government is to go into debt?

At least spend it on improving our country with infrastructure and science...No more bail-outs.

Absolutely, I agree. I think this is largely why our economy is still langushing.

If they truly want the economy to instantly recover and florish, simply forgive student loan debt--or at least treat interest payments as tax credits. This would (1) greatly increase consumer demand, and (2) support a strong educational system. On the other hand, though, we need to enforce standards that allow only academically qualifying students to enter college and receive loans.

Guess what, though? When you decrease federal spending, the economy subsequently goes into recession.

How do we get out of recessions?

We increase federal spending. EVERY DAMNED TIME.

It works!!

Only in the sense that the market is attempting to correct itself from the malinvestment created by the government spending in the first place. In other words, it's not cutting spending that causes the recession, but the spending in the first place by creating false and unsustainable demand.

Guess what, though? When you decrease federal spending, the economy subsequently goes into recession.

It works!!

bullshit, some federal spending does create jobs---military spending for instance. But much of it does nothing to increase jobs or the "national wealth". Does welfare create jobs? do food stamps create jobs? does bailing out banks and car companies create jobs?

No, none of those create jobs------that kind of spending creates govt dependency, which creates the need for more govt spending and more dependency.

let the federal govt protect the country and manage a court system. It is not needed for anything else.

It works!!

Only in the sense that the market is attempting to correct itself from the malinvestment created by the government spending in the first place. In other words, it's not cutting spending that causes the recession, but the spending in the first place by creating false and unsustainable demand.

well said, harry.

It works!!

well said, harry.

Thanks, Hagrid.

It works!!

This is "echo chamber" thinking. There is NO EVIDENCE AT ALL to support your statement--it is pure ideological bullshit.

I especially liked the part about "malinvestment."

LOL

It works!!

This is "echo chamber" thinking. There is NO EVIDENCE AT ALL to support your statement--it is pure ideological bullshit.

LOL

ask Greece if govt debt and deficit spending creates prosperity, or you could ask Spain, Portugal, France, North Korea, Cuba, Russia, the UK, Germany, Italy.

when and where has govt debt created prosperity?

It works!!

:cuckoo:

I thought Alan Greenspan taught you people MARKETS do not actually DO anything.

Markets do not correct themselves.

LOL

ask Greece if govt debt and deficit spending creates prosperity, or you could ask Spain, Portugal, France, North Korea, Cuba, Russia, the UK, Germany, Italy.

Government debt has created great prosperity in the United States of America. Do you need more examples?

Why do democrats think that the purpose of government is to go into debt?

Because debt is how America gained her freedom and it is debt that helped America be great..

whatever you are smoking, can I have some? :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

1st
In 1791, The first Bank of the United States was brought into being as one of the three major financial innovations proposed and supported by Hamilton, first Secretary of the Treasury. In addition to the national bank, the other two measures were establishment of a mint and imposition of a federal excise tax. Three goals of Hamilton's three measures were to[citation needed]:

Establish financial order, clarity and precedence in and of the newly formed United States.
Establish credit—both in country and overseas—for the new nation.
To resolve the issue of the fiat currency, issued by the Continental Congress immediately prior to and during the United States Revolutionary War—the "Continental".

2nd
Political support for the revival of a national banking system was rooted in the early 19th Century transformation of the country from simple Jeffersonian agrarianism towards one interdependent with industrialization and finance.[22][23][24] In the aftermath of the War of 1812 the federal government suffered from the disarray of an unregulated currency and a lack of fiscal order; business interests sought security for their government bonds.[2][25] A national alliance arose to legislate a central bank to address these needs.

then follow when America was driving ahead and correlate it to debt and national banks

History of central banking in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It works!!

:cuckoo:

I thought Alan Greenspan taught you people MARKETS do not actually DO anything.

Markets do not correct themselves.

KK is right, you are wrong. give it up, you are looking more foolish with each new post.

LOL

Government debt has created great prosperity in the United States of America. Do you need more examples?

bullshit, free enterprise and capitalism have created great prosperity in the USA. Govt debt is the antithesis of prosperity. are you a complete loon?

LOL

This Pink Flounder posing as a Red Phish reminds me of the right wingers and anti regulation people of the 1970s who founded the Federalist Society in the 1982 used both Hamilton and Madison in their logo and printing...they are expert at misrepresenting themselves and the history of American federalism

bullshit, free enterprise and capitalism have created great prosperity in the USA. Govt debt is the antithesis of prosperity. are you a complete loon?

[youtube]bAH-o7oEiyY[/youtube]

Greenspan's Mea Culpa - NYTimes.com

Updated at 4 p.m.

Here’s a fascinating exchange between Alan Greenspan and Representative Henry A. Waxman from today’s hearing on Capitol Hill (as reported by Michael Grynbaum):

Referring to his free-market ideology, Mr. Greenspan added: “I have found a flaw. I don’t know how significant or permanent it is. But I have been very distressed by that fact.”

Mr. Waxman pressed the former Fed chair to clarify his words. “In other words, you found that your view of the world, your ideology, was not right, it was not working,” Mr. Waxman said.

“Absolutely, precisely,” Mr. Greenspan replied. “You know, that’s precisely the reason I was shocked, because I have been going for 40 years or more with very considerable evidence that it was working exceptionally well.”​

Over the last 30 years or so years, the world has been deeply influenced by a laissez-faire economic philosophy, which has shifted the world toward an embrace of markets. And markets certainly do many things very well. (Can you name a country that has prospered without relying to a great extent on an open, market-based economy? Or at least moving toward one?)

But it certainly seems as if this country, at least, went too far toward laissez-faire economics.
and where the author veers off into right field with Greenspan is in believing markets actually DO anything. They don't. They are tools. Screw drivers and hammers don't actually do anything, and neither do markets

Last edited:

Forum List

Back