Why do liberals tend to have abysmal positive ratios compared to conservatives?

Pinky Binky

Dec 23, 2017
Not all of course. But the 80/20 rule seems to apply..
I mean here to clarify on this.

Mindful has near 20,000 plus points compared to 7000 posts. Any reason for that whacked out ratio?

Liberals seem to be around 30%.

Is my initial 100 post observation correct? Crap, I ain't even at 90%.

Mindful has near 20,000 plus points compared to 7000 posts. Any reason for that whacked out ratio?

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

But just promise me that you won't tell him how much I am paying you for all the positive rep.

In general Pinky Binky
I find that conservative RW sound bytes work better for radio and verbal one way msgs. You can cite Christian, Constitutional and conservative values in short selling points.

But for liberal analysis, that is relative and tries to he comprehensive and inclusive, this takes volumes. You can't explain the solutions and process in 30 second sound bytes like RW radio hosts. That's partially why liberals depend on written media and don't fare so well on radio.

That's why Democrats resort to cries of racism and BLM to find ways to make statements in short time spans. The REAL progressive solutions and platforms don't fit in a simple one way message, or hit and run tweets as Trump uses.

The longer conversations aren't going to get a lot of likes. It takes work to spell out and debate and argue through this all to reach an understanding or conclusion. It's not a pretty process.

I'm lucky to get 33%. I identify as a Constitutionalist , universalist and progressive Green Democrat . I work very hard at building mutual respectful supportive relations with posters here. I try to post positive feedback to encourage whenever someone makes a good point or corrects something. And I find ppl reciprocate.

So just be as supportive as you can especially with posters who challenge you the most. And as you build understanding relations, they will acknowledge when you post something that works too!

It does appear that there are more conservative posters than liberal, by a margin of at least 100-1, I'd say. Even if you count all the profoundly illiberal leftists who wouldn't recognize a liberal idea if it smacked them along side their conformist little head, I'd say the ratio is still probably at least 2:1.

I'm not sure how the matter of sock puppets relates to that because this site supports leftists having them, so who knows -- the ratio may be even greater.

Most people thank the posts of those who are on their own team. Sometimes I play for team right and sometimes I play on team left (I guess that makes me "versatile") so I tend to get them from all sorts of different people.

In general Pinky Binky
I find that conservative RW sound bytes work better for radio and verbal one way msgs. You can cite Christian, Constitutional and conservative values in short selling points.

But for liberal analysis, that is relative and tries to he comprehensive and inclusive, this takes volumes. You can't explain the solutions and process in 30 second sound bytes like RW radio hosts. That's partially why liberals depend on written media and don't fare so well on radio.

That's why Democrats resort to cries of racism and BLM to find ways to make statements in short time spans. The REAL progressive solutions and platforms don't fit in a simple one way message, or hit and run tweets as Trump uses.

The longer conversations aren't going to get a lot of likes. It takes work to spell out and debate and argue through this all to reach an understanding or conclusion. It's not a pretty process.

I'm lucky to get 33%. I identify as a Constitutionalist , universalist and progressive Green Democrat . I work very hard at building mutual respectful supportive relations with posters here. I try to post positive feedback to encourage whenever someone makes a good point or corrects something. And I find ppl reciprocate.

So just be as supportive as you can especially with posters who challenge you the most. And as you build understanding relations, they will acknowledge when you post something that works too!

Don’t listen to a word he said. He is a liberal butt hurt lib who is desperately trying to be significant. He’s not.

It does appear that there are more conservative posters than liberal, by a margin of at least 100-1, I'd say. Even if you count all the profoundly illiberal leftists who wouldn't recognize a liberal idea if it smacked them along side their conformist little head, I'd say the ratio is still probably at least 2:1.

I'm not sure how the matter of sock puppets relates to that because this site supports leftists having them, so who knows -- the ratio may be even greater.

Most people thank the posts of those who are on their own team. Sometimes I play for team right and sometimes I play on team left (I guess that makes me "versatile") so I tend to get them from all sorts of different people.

I rate any post that amuses me or that I agree with, either side. I am an EOR.

Nobody knows what those numbers mean. They have less significance than the stars on the Playboy logo or the words you hear when you play The Supremes records backward.

Forum List

Back