CDZ Why do people hate Gays ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gay Pride parades, like most parades, are unique unto themselves.
Then support them fully. I think they hurt more than they help.
It has been my experience that extremists see even the slightest derivation from their rigid views as being equally extreme in the opposite direction. It isn't enough that you do support gay rights, here, as you are being required to support any and all behavior a person engages in because they are gay.

The authoritarian left had simply invested the old systems of privilege by creating new ones where a persons identity now provides an exemption when it comes to expectations for acceptable behavior.
I truly am growing tired of this simplistic, shallow, binary thought. You're either 100% this, or 100% that, and that's it.

Interestingly, I'm not sure if this is done on purpose or whether it's because ideology distorts perceptions.

Whichever, I just exit the conversations at this point, not worth the effort.
When dealing with the hive mind, I always remind myself that I am just one man dealing with an entire swarm of drones.

Because gays dont go about their business. They feel compelled to demand overt endorsement and support in every setting and from every group, and they think they should be able to dictate the terms of faith to people. Live your own lives. I dont particularly care what you do...but don't do it in public, then insist everybody applaud.

It is very difficult to "go about your business" when you are forced to conceal major aspects of your life. They do not demand overt endorsement, they just want what everyone else has: the freedom to be themselves without prejudice.

I had to be a stand-in wife for an exec at State Farm for many years until the laws started to change and he could come out of the closet. Do you have to have anyone stand in for you in order to conceal your sexual orientation from anyone, such as an employer?

I'm pro-gay marriage, but understanding what conservatives are talking about doesn't require much intellectual elasticity.

A screamingly obvious example are gay pride parades, where it's not terribly difficult to understand that decency laws are being (at least) stretched just to shove a person's sexuality in the face of an opponent.

An honest conversation on this topic does require honesty.

My hope is that, once time has gone by and gays have access to marriage, they'll calm down and stop behaving like this.
pride-3.jpg

2625425700_85917b9fb1_o.jpg
Ok, there are some flamboyant gays....but are you going to ignore the flamboyant straights?

Yeah, like this guy:

djt-hair.jpg

Or this guy:

BN-MC113_DUCKDY_G_20160113155504.jpg

And let's not forget this guy:

PutinHorse.jpg

I'm pro-gay marriage. My point was that the gay movement goes too far at times and gives the anti-gay movement a target. And other pro-gay marriage posters agreed with me.

Whether you are pro-gay marriage or not, and whether anyone agrees with you or not is:
  1. not germane to anything discussed here
  2. inconsequential as goes whether you are accurate in implying that the intent of the behavior you've observed in Gay Pride parades constitutes gay folks "shoving a [their] sexuality in the face of an opponent."
FWIW, I'm not pro-marriage of any sort, so it follows that I'm also not pro gay marriage. I am very much in favor of people forming substantive and loving bonds as befits their circumstances, but I don't much care for those bonds needing to be sanctioned by a state in order to be recognized as valid.

One can engage in all manners of contractual relationships without those relationships being called a marriage. Such contracts need not even have any quality of love and caring between/among the parties to it. A child is still one's child, thus being due the care and attention from its parents, regardless of whether its parents be married.

If you think that barely-dressed men carrying massive artificial dicks down a public street is emblematic of that person's "identity", great.

No more than I think the costume and visage a school mascot or costumed person in any other parade, entertainment or celebratory event is emblematic of their identity. Folks dress up as vampires and kings and march in Halloween parades. That they do doesn't lead me to think they actually are indeed pagans, sanguisuges or royalty, or that they even identify with them in any meaningful way, much less to generalize about their character or what be or not their identity.

gay people are NOT like those who gleefully carry big dicks down the street

In what material ways are "gay people not like those [gay people] who gleefully carry" caricaturized images and representations of "anything" in a Gay Pride parade? It seems to me that they are all gay and that's about the beginning and end of any parallel one can rationally draw between the gay folks who are in the parade and those gays folks who are not in the parade.

Gay Pride parades, like most parades, are unique unto themselves. That the imagery one sees depicted in Gay Pride parades is sometimes hypersexualized and/or body-/body part focused is just what makes them different from the other kinds of parades that exist. That they occur in June is why folks, in the Northern Hemisphere at least, aren't wearing a lot clothing. (Remember that Gay Pride originated to commemorate/celebrate an event -- Stonewall Riots -- that occurred at the end of June.) Gay Pride events in the Southern Hemisphere happen during a warm time of year too.

Were you to consider Gay Pride events with awareness of the context in which they occur instead of the context in which you want to put them, or the context in which you want them to fit/conform, you may not have as much of an issue with them.

I have seldom seen anybody so determined to piss on the wrong target. You read nothing he actually says, and imagine him to be something he isn't.

I have had many gay friends and employees over the year, and whereas you have never actually known any gay people or else you would know how outspoken so many are against this same behavior, my actual experience tells me otherwise.

Instead of jousting at wind mills like you are doing here, why not try talking to some real, live gay people to find out what they think? If, upon hearing so many tell you the same things that Mac has said, you still wish to respond to them with the same diatribes, then feel free to do so. Otherwise, perhaps you can try actually listening to them, instead.

I'm pro-gay marriage. My point was that the gay movement goes too far at times and gives the anti-gay movement a target. And other pro-gay marriage posters agreed with me.

Whether you are pro-gay marriage or not, and whether anyone agrees with you or not is:
  2. inconsequential as goes whether you are accurate in implying that the intent of the behavior you've observed in Gay Pride parades constitutes gay folks "shoving a [their] sexuality in the face of an opponent."
FWIW, I'm not pro-marriage of any sort, so it follows that I'm also not pro gay marriage. I am very much in favor of people forming substantive and loving bonds as befits their circumstances, but I don't much care for those bonds needing to be sanctioned by a state in order to be recognized as valid.

One can engage in all manners of contractual relationships without those relationships being called a marriage. Such contracts need not even have any quality of love and caring between/among the parties to it. A child is still one's child, thus being due the care and attention from its parents, regardless of whether its parents be married.

If you think that barely-dressed men carrying massive artificial dicks down a public street is emblematic of that person's "identity", great.

No more than I think the costume and visage a school mascot or costumed person in any other parade, entertainment or celebratory event is emblematic of their identity. Folks dress up as vampires and kings and march in Halloween parades. That they do doesn't lead me to think they actually are indeed pagans, sanguisuges or royalty, or that they even identify with them in any meaningful way, much less to generalize about their character or what be or not their identity.

In what material ways are "gay people not like those [gay people] who gleefully carry" caricaturized images and representations of "anything" in a Gay Pride parade? It seems to me that they are all gay and that's about the beginning and end of any parallel one can rationally draw between the gay folks who are in the parade and those gays folks who are not in the parade.

Gay Pride parades, like most parades, are unique unto themselves. That the imagery one sees depicted in Gay Pride parades is sometimes hypersexualized and/or body-/body part focused is just what makes them different from the other kinds of parades that exist. That they occur in June is why folks, in the Northern Hemisphere at least, aren't wearing a lot clothing. (Remember that Gay Pride originated to commemorate/celebrate an event -- Stonewall Riots -- that occurred at the end of June.) Gay Pride events in the Southern Hemisphere happen during a warm time of year too.

Were you to consider Gay Pride events with awareness of the context in which they occur instead of the context in which you want to put them, or the context in which you want them to fit/conform, you may not have as much of an issue with them.

I have seldom seen anybody so determined to piss on the wrong target. You read nothing he actually says, and imagine him to be something he isn't.

I have had many gay friends and employees over the year, and whereas you have never actually known any gay people or else you would know how outspoken so many are against this same behavior, my actual experience tells me otherwise.

Instead of jousting at wind mills like you are doing here, why not try talking to some real, live gay people to find out what they think? If, upon hearing so many tell you the same things that Mac has said, you still wish to respond to them with the same diatribes, then feel free to do so. Otherwise, perhaps you can try actually listening to them, instead.
It's the binary argument: "You're either with us or against us".

I can remember a certain President saying that kind of thing in 2001.

Its like an obsession with some. Why is it so important to deny this small group of people rights that the rest of us take for granted.

Live,love and go about your business in peace.

The rhetoric is cruel,dehumanizing, hateful and tends to mark out the hater for what they are.

I can think of several reasons, fear,ignorance, inherent character flaws, selective religious intolerance.

But it still doesnt explain it to me fully.

Why do people hate Gays ?

I don't hate attractive gay women, only

1. Gay men
2. Unattractive Gay Women

It's the binary argument: "You're either with us or against us".

I can remember a certain President saying that kind of thing in 2001.
Yep.

.....and unfortunately, WAY too many among the low-functioning left took the bait, dug in their heels and took the position "o.k. , in that case, I'm against, then"

Just seeing how many take a reflexively pro-Islamist stance says worlds about the issue.

whereas you have never actually known any gay people

You would do well to refrain from asserting whom I know or don't know or the nature of the relationship I have with the folks whom I do know.

you would know how outspoken so many are against this same behavior

I haven't the least problem with folks being opposed to the behaviors discussed here and observed in myriad Gay Pride parades.

I do have a problem with folks inaccurately ascribing to the observed behavior causality and motivations that are not the ones that indeed do motivate and underpin that behavior.

I also have a problem with folks asserting something and then denying they did so.
A screamingly obvious example are gay pride parades, where it's not terribly difficult to understand that decency laws are being (at least) stretched just to shove a person's sexuality in the face of an opponent.

In the post from which the statement above is taken, the quoted statement is the only one that isn't an assertion of Mac's personal opinion and that is put forth to support his opinion.

To that I responded:
You may feel like gays are "shoving [their] sexuality in [your] face" as a consequence of observing a gay pride parade, but I suspect that for most gays who participate in those events, you and your ilk are the farthest things from their minds. It's incredibly arrogant of you to think that the goings on in a gay pride celebration have a damn thing to do with any so-called "opponents."

To which Mac1958 replied:
Quite a diatribe over an overall point I didn't make.

And yet has he established via anything other than argumentum ad populum that:
  1. laws have been stretched, and
  2. that the reason for said "stretch" is "to shove a person's sexuality in the face of an opponent" are indeed both true statements, and
  3. that said "shoving" is in fact the intent of not just the one dude he pictured but also of the parade's organizers and supporters?
No. He didn't then, and he still has not done so.

Instead of jousting at wind mills like you are doing here

And at just windmill do you think I'm tilting?

If, upon hearing so many tell you the same things that Mac has said, you still wish to respond to them with the same diatribes, then feel free to do so.

I really don't care how many people -- gay or straight -- say "whatever" for the likelihood is very low that enough of them can do so that it becomes representative of enough of the whole of "gay-dom" who attend or participate in Gay Pride parades. It's very low because I am certainly not going to develop a statistically valid survey to find out, and I certainly will not and cannot encounter or canvas the entire population of gay folks in any city, county, state, or nation. Moreover, short of their asserting that they:
  1. intentionally were "stretching" the law, (very unlikely because behavior that is within the law is, well, within the law...no stretching of the law is needed)
  2. deliberately aiming to shove their sexuality in the face of an opponent, and
  3. that they attend and or organize Gay Pride parades for the purpose of doing so, ...
...whatever they say isn't going to support Mac's assertions to that effect. However, if the comparatively small number of gay folks whom I literally can encounter attest to the three statements above a being so for them, I'm more than willing to say they are true for those specific individuals. That's still not going to make those statements be rationally applicable to entire populations of gay folks. If on the other hand, someone who has been accepted (by gay folks) as a speaker on behalf of huge quantities of the gay population were to attest to the verity of those statements, sure, I'll accept them as being so for the gay population, or at least a majority of it.

Last edited:
whereas you have never actually known any gay people

You would do well to refrain from asserting whom I know or don't know or the nature of the relationship I have with the folks whom I do know.

you would know how outspoken so many are against this same behavior

I haven't the least problem with folks being opposed to the behaviors discussed here and observed in myriad Gay Pride parades.

I do have a problem with folks inaccurately ascribing to the observed behavior causality and motivations that are not the ones that indeed do motivate and underpin that behavior.

I also have a problem with folks asserting something and then denying they did so.

In the post from which the statement above is taken, the quoted statement is the only one that isn't an assertion of Mac's personal opinion and that is put forth to support his opinion.

To that I responded:
You may feel like gays are "shoving [their] sexuality in [your] face" as a consequence of observing a gay pride parade, but I suspect that for most gays who participate in those events, you and your ilk are the farthest things from their minds. It's incredibly arrogant of you to think that the goings on in a gay pride celebration have a damn thing to do with any so-called "opponents."

To which Mac1958 replied:
Quite a diatribe over an overall point I didn't make.

And yet has he established via anything other than argumentum ad populum that:
  1. laws have been stretched, and
  2. that the reason for said "stretch" is "to shove a person's sexuality in the face of an opponent" are indeed both true statements, and
  3. that said "shoving" is in fact the intent of not just the one dude he pictured but also of the parade's organizers and supporters?
No. He didn't then, and he still has not done so.

Instead of jousting at wind mills like you are doing here

And at just windmill do you think I'm tilting?

If, upon hearing so many tell you the same things that Mac has said, you still wish to respond to them with the same diatribes, then feel free to do so.

I really don't care how many people -- gay or straight -- say "whatever" for the likelihood is very low that enough of them can do so that it becomes representative of enough of the whole of "gay-dom" who attend or participate in Gay Pride parades. It's very low because I am certainly not going to develop a statistically valid survey to find out, and I certainly will not and cannot encounter or canvas the entire population of gay folks in any city, county, state, or nation. Moreover, short of their asserting that they:
  1. intentionally were "stretching" the law, (very unlikely because behavior that is within the law is, well, within the law...no stretching of the law is needed)
  2. deliberately aiming to shove their sexuality in the face of an opponent, and
  3. that they attend and or organize Gay Pride parades for the purpose of doing so, ...
...whatever they say isn't going to support Mac's assertions to that effect. However, if the comparatively small number of gay folks whom I literally can encounter attest to the three statements above a being so for them, I'm more than willing to say they are true for those specific individuals. That's still not going to make those statements be rationally applicable to entire populations of gay folks. If on the other hand, someone who has been accepted (by gay folks) as a speaker on behalf of huge quantities of the gay population were to attest to the verity of those statements, sure, I'll accept them as being so for the gay population, or at least a majority of it.

Is being as tiresome as possible your actual goal here? You get personal with people and then issue petulant little warnings if they dare to act in similar ways as you.

I await your long-winded dissertations in regards to the number of angels that can dance on the head of a pin, however.

Until then, I will see if I can find somebody with which to be "ilk".

It's not that complicated. Ignorant people hate anything they don't understand. Calculatedly ignorant people hate anything they're afraid to even learn about because Reasons.

Is being as tiresome as possible your actual goal here?
No.

You get personal with people and then issue petulant little warnings if they dare to act in similar ways as you.

I bid you go look at my posts. In then you will not find any statements I made asserting anything as a fact about Mac or you. You will note that I routinely ask questions or make statements qualified by something akin to "I suppose," "I suspect," "I guess," etc. to make it clear that I'm not accusing someone of something. Contrast that with your own remarks about me, they even as you don't know a thing about me other than what I've shared in the forum. To refresh your memory of exactly what you asserted without knowing me:
The fact of the matter is that it is you who make assertions about others and don't know whether they are true or not. Mac1958 didn't do that. I didn't do that. You are the one who "gets personal" with their remarks, and the three quotes above are evidence of that fact.

No.

You get personal with people and then issue petulant little warnings if they dare to act in similar ways as you.

I bid you go look at my posts. In then you will not find any statements I made asserting anything as a fact about Mac or you. You will note that I routinely ask questions or make statements qualified by something akin to "I suppose," "I suspect," "I guess," etc. to make it clear that I'm not accusing someone of something. Contrast that with your own remarks about me, they even as you don't know a thing about me other than what I've shared in the forum. To refresh your memory of exactly what you asserted without knowing me:
The fact of the matter is that it is you who make assertions about others and don't know whether they are true or not. Mac1958 didn't do that. I didn't do that. You are the one who "gets personal" with their remarks, and the three quotes above are evidence of that fact.
Ugh. Against my better judgement, I'll wade back into this tedious conversation temporarily.

In post 73, you said the following:
  • ...you and your ilk...
  • If you were able to see the verity of human existence from any standpoint other than your own...
  • ...you really need to get out more.
  • Do you understand anything at all about identity groups and identity politics?
  • Have you ever attempted, as a part of an objective effort to examine your own views on identity groups, bothered to get such an understanding?
  • I know ignorance is at times blissful, perhaps even comforting and vindicating, and that can make one feel "in the right,"...
All in one post.

I have no doubt that you will not admit those comments are a mixture of condescension and thinly veiled insults. Dogmaphobe has it right, you're arguing with (and insulting) a ghost, and I'm under no obligation to enable such behavior. You're certainly welcome to try it on someone else

No.

Ugh. Against my better judgement, I'll wade back into this tedious conversation temporarily.

In post 73, you said the following:
  • ...you and your ilk...
  • If you were able to see the verity of human existence from any standpoint other than your own...
  • Do you understand anything at all about identity groups and identity politics?
  • Have you ever attempted, as a part of an objective effort to examine your own views on identity groups, bothered to get such an understanding?
  • I know ignorance is at times blissful, perhaps even comforting and vindicating, and that can make one feel "in the right,"...
All in one post.

I have no doubt that you will not admit those comments are a mixture of condescension and thinly veiled insults. Dogmaphobe has it right, you're arguing with (and insulting) a ghost, and I'm under no obligation to enable such behavior. You're certainly welcome to try it on someone else

LHFM....read this:
As go the specific citations you made:
  • .you and your ilk...
    Object of the verb -- True, I used the words "you" and "your" -- Read the rest of the sentence...doing so, you'll see that what I wrote is that the folks in the parade aren't thinking about "you and your ilk." That is not at all making a personal assertion about you; indeed, it isn't about you in any way, shape or form. It's an assertion about what Gay Pride parade participants think, or don't, namely that you aren't among the thing they are thinking while they are parading and enjoying the parade.
    Subjunctive mood + conditional mood -- the mood that expresses doubt or uncertainty about that which is stated.
    Conditional mood.
    A question, not an assertion. (interrogative mood)
  • A question, not an assertion. (interrogative mood)
    No reference to you or anyone at all. I deliberately used the impersonal pronoun "one" so as not to make it a personal affront.
I'm beginning to believe that what you and Dogmaphobe have been writing may not even be indicative of what you actually hold as your stances on the matter. I am beginning to believe that because by your citing the things you have above, it is clear that you don't comprehend the full meaning that is implicit, in conjunction with the literal word meanings, in the mood(s) of the statements I made.

Believe it or not, I, on this forum, read and write in standard English and I do so with the assumption that the other party(s) to the conversation/discussion has completed high school English, that is, they have either graduated from high school or passed the GED. If someone tells me they have not, I will accord them the benefit of the doubt as goes mastery of the skills and conventions of English reading and writing that are taught in American schools. Absent their making that revelation, I read and write with the assumption as noted, and, among other things, that means I assume readers and writers here, being adults, understand mood, subjects and objects, and pronouns.

I can't read one's mind and know what they mean, but I can read their words and know what they mean as presented and in accordance with standard English grammar. I even made a recent post wherein I could tell that another member likely made a simple typo, but even there, I made a point to confirm that my interpretation in that regard was accurate.

[I presume you meant "grade school" not "grad school?" I adjusted your statement accordingly in this post.]

I can do that and will, but I cannot do that for the entire meanings of whole sentences and posts.

Last edited:
Its like an obsession with some. Why is it so important to deny this small group of people rights that the rest of us take for granted.

Live,love and go about your business in peace.

The rhetoric is cruel,dehumanizing, hateful and tends to mark out the hater for what they are.

I can think of several reasons, fear,ignorance, inherent character flaws, selective religious intolerance.

But it still doesnt explain it to me fully.

Why do people hate Gays ?
Correct.

It’s ignorance, which gives rise to fear, resulting in hate and bigotry.

Because gays dont go about their business. They feel compelled to demand overt endorsement and support in every setting and from every group, and they think they should be able to dictate the terms of faith to people. Live your own lives. I dont particularly care what you do...but don't do it in public, then insist everybody applaud.
As if on cue…

This is an example of the ignorance and stupidity common to those with an unwarranted hatred of gays.

As if on cue…

This is an example of the ignorance and stupidity common to those with an unwarranted hatred of gays.

We don't hate them. just feel sorry for them. Kind of like looking at a homeless person or someone hooked on drugs

-Geaux

Could you give examples of this. I dont see it.

Baker forced to make gay wedding cakes, undergo sensitivity training, after losing lawsuit | Fox News

Gay Group Demands Christian Churches Be SHUT DOWN for Opposing Same-Sex Marriage | Restoring Liberty

“California Exodus” Takes Aim at Public Schools - Research - Chalcedon

Btw, in the cdc a modicom of honesty is expected.
These are example of the ignorance and stupidity that foments hatred of gays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back