Why do people hate Liberals?

Actually it's liberals who use the word "hate" in a political sense more than anyone else. Most people don't hate liberals, they just laugh at them.

I just can't imagine the arrogance a person would have to have to feel they can laugh at half of the human race.

Honestly, I wonder if the reason the US struggles these days is that people have become too closed minded to listen to any idea they didn't have themselves.

All countries should be listening and looking for solutions in everything from energy to healthcare to transport without thinking they know it all and can sit back and laugh at how other people think.

I'll give you a hint. No budget in almost four years. The ones offered by Obama were shot down unanimously. And that is just a taste of this administrations failure in the fiscal/economic realm.

Liberalism is more than the Obama administration, about whom your criticism are valid.

Go back to Truman, Clinton, even Wilson...are you going to claim they were all fiscally irresponsible?

Wilson passed the federal reserve act. So not only was his administration fiscally/monetarily irresponsible, they were downright unconstitutional and stupid. He sold our countries economic prosperity into never ending debt slavery.

Clinton borrowed money to pass off budget shortfalls as surplus. People still buy that hunk of shit accounting smear job. Truman took the fourth term (fucking fourth term??? Talk about boikings) of FDR. Truman was a stand in man. He did not much. But FDR was a fucking HORRIBLE president. After Wilson, the second worst president for our constitution of all time. Hands down.

I'll give you a hint. No budget in almost four years. The ones offered by Obama were shot down unanimously. And that is just a taste of this administrations failure in the fiscal/economic realm.

Liberalism is more than the Obama administration, about whom your criticism are valid.

Go back to Truman, Clinton, even Wilson...are you going to claim they were all fiscally irresponsible?

Clinton would not have gone down that road if the Republicans had not taken over the congress.

During Truman and Wilson administration there were more fiscal conservative Dem's.

I realize the media, historians and political parasites put these ass clowns on pedestals. They also put Abe Lincoln on one for "saving the union".

it's worth thinking about anyway........

I realize the media, historians and political parasites put these ass clowns on pedestals. They also put Abe Lincoln on one for "saving the union".

it's worth thinking about anyway........

Not being in the US, I'm not too up on the earlier presidents and who did what to whom.

I've always found the extent to which the founding fathers are considered miraculous angels slightly off-putting...they were just mortal human beings, and some fairly faulted ones from what I've read.

So I don't know who is good and who bad, but a list that has Truman up at #7 sounds right to me...

(And having just been to Monrovia, I do have a soft spot for Monroe, as well!)

Is it a popularity contest, or is it a contest based on constitutional merits?

That's the question. And in that question when the homework is done, the top of the list presidents mostly account for those that took the law into their own hands and side stepped our system. that is truly what progressives are about. Taking the law to be it what they deem right or step on the system to get their way. This is the LOLberal doctrine. It was in my public school, it is in them now and it was in my university as well. Some of us just aren't that blind and numb to historical facts.

I don't hate liberals. BTW they are progressives. They just stole the liberal moniker when people realized how nuts progressives were.

I just want them to stop taking my money and interfering in my life. That's all.

Glenn, none of those monikers mean anything, least of all coming from you.

Snap out of it!
REALITY_SLAP_L.jpg

The one thing about this board that most baffles me is the incredible depth of hatred and contempt for liberals.

The amount of comments from people suggesting all liberals are stupid, anti-patriotic, dumb...you name it. One even suggested liberals don't know what paragraphs are.

I don't get it. And I don't see anything the like the contempt expressed by liberals towards conservatives.

Firstly, the term "liberal" could be used to describe about half of the planet. Like "leftist", it's a fairly cliched catch-all adjective that have little real meaning. It's just too general to be much use.

Secondly, I've met extremely intelligent people from right across the political spectrum - and as many idiots. I've talked to brilliant facists, idiotic conservatives, intelligent communists and brain-dead centrists. I don't see a pattern there at all.

And lastly, why hate liberals when many of the most successful and celebrated administrations have been liberal ones? Were the governments if Clinton, Wilson, FDR, JFK and Truman really so much worse than conservative governments of similar eras?

The constant attacks on liberals seems to me (as an outsider) just a sign of incredible arrogance and conceit - and I would consider attacks on conservatives the same way.

If there is a REAL reason, with facts, for hating liberals - let's hear about it.

It is simpler to say why the hatred for liberalism than it is to define a liberal.

Liberal principles encourage the taking of a man's earnings to give to another.

It is necessary in a modern society that infrastructure to benefit all of society be built and maintained by way of funds originating from the society's treasury. Taxation serves this purpose. This is the taking of a man's money to give to society...for the common good. I have no problem with that if the taxes are fairly distributed among all people and not excessively applied to anyone nor forgiven completely on account simply of a person objecting to being taxed. Taxes have to be mandatory. They can be graduated of course, in accordance with income, but there should not be anyone in the society that gets off free.

It is where the liberals try to take earnings from one man and give to a second man where the second man merely chooses without justification to receive earnings without work that I come to butt heads with liberalism.

Not all liberals are against capitalism and free enterprise but it does seem that liberals tend to favor equalizing income by punishing hard work and rewarding laziness. That just ain't my idea of true PROGRESS!

Even the moniker progressive does not fit the liberal well.

Liberalism is a mental disorder.

StepBack -

I'm looking at a ranking of best and worst US presidents that has FDR ranked the 2nd best president of all time.

Truman ranks #7.

Wilson ranks #6.

Andrew Johnson is in #8.

Historical rankings of Presidents of the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It's worth thinking about, anyway....

FDR was hands down the worst president in US history. New studies are beginning to wash away the myth of his presidency. This is a man that took a nation largely built around values of self-sufficiency and sold the idea that government (his of course) was the solution to all problems. He would provide “a chicken in every pot”, while seizing all the gold. A phony who had no empathy for the average man, yet could spin a tale during his “fireside chats” that conned a nation into believing that he was one of them. This is a man that lied to Allies, promising to support their independence after the war, and without care handed them to Stalin. This man was in fact the very model on which the modern day US politician was created.

StepBack -

I'm looking at a ranking of best and worst US presidents that has FDR ranked the 2nd best president of all time.

Truman ranks #7.

Wilson ranks #6.

Andrew Johnson is in #8.

Historical rankings of Presidents of the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

FDR was hands down the worst president in US history. New studies are beginning to wash away the myth of his presidency. This is a man that took a nation largely built around values of self-sufficiency and sold the idea that government (his of course) was the solution to all problems. He would provide “a chicken in every pot”, while seizing all the gold. A phony who had no empathy for the average man, yet could spin a tale during his “fireside chats” that conned a nation into believing that he was one of them. This is a man that lied to Allies, promising to support their independence after the war, and without care handed them to Stalin. This man was in fact the very model on which the modern day US politician was created.

It's a real toss up between FDR and Wilson.Had Wilson not passed the federal reserve act, it is likely FDR would have never been able to push his schemes in the first place. Needless to say, every progressive LOLberal president since the beginning of the 1900s was a piss poor lousy excuse for an American. No tthat many of the republican ones did better. But these critters were the vile filth of them all.

The one thing about this board that most baffles me is the incredible depth of hatred and contempt for liberals.

The amount of comments from people suggesting all liberals are stupid, anti-patriotic, dumb...you name it. One even suggested liberals don't know what paragraphs are.

I don't get it. And I don't see anything the like the contempt expressed by liberals towards conservatives.

Firstly, the term "liberal" could be used to describe about half of the planet. Like "leftist", it's a fairly cliched catch-all adjective that have little real meaning. It's just too general to be much use.

Secondly, I've met extremely intelligent people from right across the political spectrum - and as many idiots. I've talked to brilliant facists, idiotic conservatives, intelligent communists and brain-dead centrists. I don't see a pattern there at all.

And lastly, why hate liberals when many of the most successful and celebrated administrations have been liberal ones? Were the governments if Clinton, Wilson, FDR, JFK and Truman really so much worse than conservative governments of similar eras?

The constant attacks on liberals seems to me (as an outsider) just a sign of incredible arrogance and conceit - and I would consider attacks on conservatives the same way.

If there is a REAL reason, with facts, for hating liberals - let's hear about it.

Im guilty.......Something about the left attacking my family for participating in the draft. As if Uncle Sam gave them a choice.....So while a member of the family dies in combat, all we here from the left is how my uncle killed babies, cut off ears...

Fuck liberals they deserve everything they have ever dished. The left just shot a guard.....

Will I care if that favor is returned...Not in the slightest...

Hate? :lol::lol::lol: Hyperbole much?

What did liberals do that was so offensive to the Republican Party? I’ll tell you what they did. Liberals got women the right to vote. Liberals got African-Americans the right to vote. Liberals created Social Security and lifted millions of elderly people out of poverty. Liberals ended segregation. Liberals passed the Civil Rights Act, the Voting Rights Act. Liberals created Medicare. Liberals passed the Clean Air Act, the Clean Water Act.What did Conservatives do? They opposed them on every one of those things, every one. So when you try to hurl that label at my feet, ‘Liberal,’ as if it were something to be ashamed of, something dirty, something to run away from, it won’t work, because I will pick up that label and I will wear it as a badge of honor.

-Lawrence O’Donnell Jr.

StepBack -

Truman ranks #7.

Wilson ranks #6.

Andrew Johnson is in #8.

It's a real toss up between FDR and Wilson.Had Wilson not passed the federal reserve act, it is likely FDR would have never been able to push his schemes in the first place. Needless to say, every progressive LOLberal president since the beginning of the 1900s was a piss poor lousy excuse for an American. No tthat many of the republican ones did better. But these critters were the vile filth of them all.

I have to respectfully disagree and say that it is not even close. FDR's ability to con the nation gave him four terms in office. Even if Wilson had stayed healthy, he couldn't have matched that level of artistry. Wilson was more manipulated than manipulator.

The American people voted for FDR four times, count em, four times, and that record may last for as long as America lasts. This historians have always rated FDR in the top three presidents and in the last poll rated FDR first, top American president, none better. So both the people recognized a great president and so have the historians. But that has been a thorn in conservative and Repubublican behinds ever since, so Republicans have created histories and had other experts that disagree with the American people and the noted historians, but to no avail. In a 1982 poll of conservatives, the conservatives rated FDR third best president behind Lincoln and Washington.
The Republicans trotted out their biggest gun against FDR, calling Social Security, communistic and even that didn't change things.

Well, let's see....

Liberals use the race card to win elections, claiming the GOP is the KKK.
Liberals use the age card to win elections, claiming the GOP is going to kill granny.
Liberals claim the GOP wants dirty water, air, etc.
Liberals run election ads claiming Romney killed some woman with cancer.
Liberals support all forms of abortion and even promote abortion.
Liberals are typically anti-military.
Liberals like to tax working people and give that money to lazy ass people.
Liberals believe being against gay marriage makes one a homophobe.

Liberals are just scum or stupid people, your pick.

FBR benefitted from a media that force fed the uneducated voter bullshit, from WWII and from the Great Depression making people reliant on the Govt.

He actually dragged out the economic recovery from the Great Depression but people were content with "daddy" taking care of them because they were a lazy society that ignored world wide threats until too late.

The American people voted for FDR four times, count em, four times, and that record may last for as long as America lasts. This historians have always rated FDR in the top three presidents and in the last poll rated FDR first, top American president, none better. So both the people recognized a great president and so have the historians. But that has been a thorn in conservative and Repubublican behinds ever since, so Republicans have created histories and had other experts that disagree with the American people and the noted historians, but to no avail. In a 1982 poll of conservatives, the conservatives rated FDR third best president behind Lincoln and Washington.
The Republicans trotted out their biggest gun against FDR, calling Social Security, communistic and even that didn't change things.

What did liberals do that was so offensive to the Republican Party? I’ll tell you what they did. Liberals got women the right to vote. Liberals got African-Americans the right to vote. Liberals created Social Security and lifted millions of elderly people out of poverty. Liberals ended segregation. Liberals passed the Civil Rights Act, the Voting Rights Act. Liberals created Medicare. Liberals passed the Clean Air Act, the Clean Water Act.What did Conservatives do? They opposed them on every one of those things, every one. So when you try to hurl that label at my feet, ‘Liberal,’ as if it were something to be ashamed of, something dirty, something to run away from, it won’t work, because I will pick up that label and I will wear it as a badge of honor.

-Lawrence O’Donnell Jr.

That would be republicans. But you knew that already.

And FDR was still the worst president for the constitution of all time.

Stacking the deck in the SCOTUS to pass his unconstitutional legislation as one example of his dictator style roughshod he ran over the constitution and our system.

Most Americans dont even follow government. This board is a prime example. People read soundbites and then repeat them. So whether the american public believes it or not, they were duped by FDR.

Forum List

Back