Why do so many people deny climate change

Actually NOT ignorance. Which is why he and I maintain mutual respect.

These problems stem from poor choices of internet research material. Some of the folks who have peddled these "scientific conspiracies" are quite brilliant, but too arrogant and stubborn to engage in debate.

Yeah, you too. Ignorant and arrogant.

And still believing this is caused by sines and cosines?

Sure, correlation doesn't prove anything. Sure it don't. You should get a hammer and prove that the correlation between hitting yourself and the pain doesn't prove anything.

Sure it don't.

How about consumer credit, unemployment and deflation. No causality in that correlation.

Maybe you can prove that the correlation between gravity and falling doesn't prove anything. Sure......

These problems stem from poor choices of internet research material. Some of the folks who have peddled these "scientific conspiracies" are quite brilliant, but too arrogant and stubborn to engage in debate.

Sure, correlation doesn't prove anything. Sure it don't. You should get a hammer and prove that the correlation between hitting yourself and the pain doesn't prove anything.

Sure it don't.

How about consumer credit, unemployment and deflation. No causality in that correlation.

Maybe you can prove that the correlation between gravity and falling doesn't prove anything. Sure......

Conservatives have extrapolated from correlation doesn't prove causation to correlation disproves causation. And they have no idea that they're different.

I just can't figure out why they work so hard at being wrong. It just makes no sense.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Climatology Sees One Of The Greatest Scientific Reversals Of All Time – The Rise And Fall Of The Hockey Stick Charts

The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) was created in November 1988 by the United Nations Environment Program (UNEP) and the World Organization for Meteorology (WMO). The main task of the UN Climate Framework Convention (UNFCCC) was to assess the risks of global warming and to draw up mitigation strategies. One important role was to determine the global climate development over the last 1000 years in order to see if the warming of the last century was “unique” and to see if today’s supposed manmade warming was a threat.

An examination of the five IPCC reports published thus far reveals a remarkable scientific reversal. What follows is the evolution of the 1000-year temperature curve: from double hump (1990) - to hockey stick 2001) – and back again to double hump (2013).

See more at: Climatology Sees One Of The Greatest Scientific Reversals Of All Time ? The Rise And Fall Of The Hockey Stick Charts

Avid environmentalist challenges climate change alarmists - book event at Florey's

About 10 years ago, while working to restore watershed and wildlife habitat, Steele said it became clear that landscape changes and natural cycles had a much greater impact on wildlife than climate change. The initial plan was to write on the subject for various magazines and websites, but he realized only a book could tell the whole story. This Sunday, Steele will be at Florey's to sign and discuss the book which developed from these earlier musings — "Landscapes & Cycles" (An Environmentalist's Journey to Climate Skepticism).

"The more I researched the causes of change in wildlife populations and local climates, the more I became appalled by the amount of bad science that was too easily published simply because it agreed with the prevailing bias of climate catastrophes," Steele said. "Every other chapter of the book highlights different species whose decline was mistakenly blamed on rising CO2."

Avid environmentalist challenges climate change alarmists - book event at Florey's - San Jose Mercury News

Now, what were you saying blind boy?

Your point being what? That Pierre L. Gosselin is also working really hard to help you deny reality?

Or that your going to drop $20 bucks of a book by Jim Steele?

Cuz so far, you haven't explained anything except your own gullibility.

Excuse me blind boy but those are YOUR sources turning on you. Take up your whining with them...

My observation was that periodic zero mean climate cycles like amo pdo ao etc approximate sines and that by combining those it is very plausible that even with a very few components---- one can expect to see funcs approximating ramps and even hockey sticks. Fact is - I, ve seen the results for just the addition of oceanic cycles. Done by misguided skeptics who also believe that climate models are the same as curve fitting. Like u do.......

u have a problem with that assertion? On what math basis do u object Mr. SNOWjob?

Here ya go grasshopper..

2n8rmuh.jpg

So in 2030 or so, when you and yours have sold the world that AGW wasn't real and never presented a threat to humanity, we're going to be in deep kim-chee (and sea water).

My observation was that periodic zero mean climate cycles like amo pdo ao etc approximate sines and that by combining those it is very plausible that even with a very few components---- one can expect to see funcs approximating ramps and even hockey sticks. Fact is - I, ve seen the results for just the addition of oceanic cycles. Done by misguided skeptics who also believe that climate models are the same as curve fitting. Like u do.......

u have a problem with that assertion? On what math basis do u object Mr. SNOWjob?

yah Ive seen those combinations of the PDO and AMO. cannot really be done because they are measured differently. and 'correcting' for ENSO is just as bad, or worse.

When assignable cause variability enters the picture, random (inexplicable) variability doesn't go away. They merely randomly add and subtract at different unpredictable times.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Climatology Sees One Of The Greatest Scientific Reversals Of All Time – The Rise And Fall Of The Hockey Stick Charts

The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) was created in November 1988 by the United Nations Environment Program (UNEP) and the World Organization for Meteorology (WMO). The main task of the UN Climate Framework Convention (UNFCCC) was to assess the risks of global warming and to draw up mitigation strategies. One important role was to determine the global climate development over the last 1000 years in order to see if the warming of the last century was “unique” and to see if today’s supposed manmade warming was a threat.

An examination of the five IPCC reports published thus far reveals a remarkable scientific reversal. What follows is the evolution of the 1000-year temperature curve: from double hump (1990) - to hockey stick 2001) – and back again to double hump (2013).

See more at: Climatology Sees One Of The Greatest Scientific Reversals Of All Time ? The Rise And Fall Of The Hockey Stick Charts

Avid environmentalist challenges climate change alarmists - book event at Florey's

About 10 years ago, while working to restore watershed and wildlife habitat, Steele said it became clear that landscape changes and natural cycles had a much greater impact on wildlife than climate change. The initial plan was to write on the subject for various magazines and websites, but he realized only a book could tell the whole story. This Sunday, Steele will be at Florey's to sign and discuss the book which developed from these earlier musings — "Landscapes & Cycles" (An Environmentalist's Journey to Climate Skepticism).

"The more I researched the causes of change in wildlife populations and local climates, the more I became appalled by the amount of bad science that was too easily published simply because it agreed with the prevailing bias of climate catastrophes," Steele said. "Every other chapter of the book highlights different species whose decline was mistakenly blamed on rising CO2."

Avid environmentalist challenges climate change alarmists - book event at Florey's - San Jose Mercury News

Now, what were you saying blind boy?

Your point being what? That Pierre L. Gosselin is also working really hard to help you deny reality?

Or that your going to drop $20 bucks of a book by Jim Steele?

Cuz so far, you haven't explained anything except your own gullibility.

Excuse me blind boy but those are YOUR sources turning on you. Take up your whining with them...

There is that magical thinking of yours. My sourses are the global mean temperature readings, the USGS, the CO2 measures, Mauna Loa, and the sun, TSI data from the University of Colorado.

You appear to be the one that believes that what you think and what your denialist buddies think somehow magically affects the global temperature. Physics doesn't care what you think about it. It doesn't care who thinks what about it.

yah Ive seen those combinations of the PDO and AMO. cannot really be done because they are measured differently. and 'correcting' for ENSO is just as bad, or worse.

Based on what, that you don't understand it? Cuz last I looked, nature doesn't really care if you don't like the constant. Even Einstein knew that.

The goal of denialists is to defeat the political implications of AGW.

Their chosen tactic is to disprove AGW as an assignable and predictable cause of climate variability, by focusing on random variability.

Their downfall? Knowledge once gained is persistent. It doesn't go away.

I can't imagine trying to get through life without the certain guidance of science.

Which just further demonstrates that you have no idea what you are talking about. A Fourier series is an infinite series and your not going to get any thing close to the temp record out of two or three naturally occuring ocean cycles. You are welcome to try it if you can. We will be thrilled to see how that works.

Oh, yeah, that's right... You don't actually follow up on your bs with real work. You believe thay just clicling your heals together and saying "Sines and cosines make saw tooth waves" three times will magically make AWG go away.

Good luck with that.

Dude, every same person gets that the CO2, TSI, PDO, and AMO measures aren't just arbitrary curves. They are real measurements.

You stupidly believe that correlating an infinit series of arbitrary cosines and sines is somehow going to explain thing away. That is curve fitting, coming up with arbitrary curves of sines and cosines to fit.

The IPCF climate models are far more complex than the basic analysis I've done. IPCC climate models are detailed, gridded, finite element models run on super computers. I've just done a basic global mean average model.

That you can't tell the difference between these two and arbitrary Fourier transform curve fitting just demonstrates your stupidity. All you have managed to do so far is called "word salad", memorizing a bunch of terminology, like Fourier transformation, and posted then with no substance to back them up.

Do you really believe that TSI isn't a driver of climate and that made up simes and cosines is real?

Last edited:

Why would you be stupid enough to "just combine them"? The temperature readings from thousands of individual USGS and other air temperature readings around the globe are not "just combined" to get the global mean temperature. The individual readings from hundreds of sea surface temperature readings are not "just combined" to get the average sea surface temperature od AMO and PDO.

So, what are you talking about? That you do really stupid things and have no clue that everyone else isn't that stupid? Really?

You would measure the temperature in all the rooms of your house, add them all up, and call that the temperature of your house? You are really that dumb?

It is pretty obvious, at this point, that theae clowns really have no scientific grounds or actual evidence for there position. All they have is made up "well it could be"s. And whem their bs doesn't fly, all they have is name calling.

What we haven't seen from them is any meaningfull presentation of the drivers of global mean temperature and climate change. I'm open to anything. But all they have is arbitrary sines and cosines and misunderstanding of thermodynamics.

What is the saying? Oh yeah.

Put up or shut up!

In practice, because of the silly global avg benchmark, they ARE being added in some fashion.
Perhaps these cycles need to be extracted from the raw data for each ocean basin.

What I ffind interesting about these compound synths is that all these cyclics are moving in freq and phase wrt each other. So theoretically, if they not combining to a hockey stick this century, a few millenium down the road, they likely will.

How ya been man? YOUVE MISSED SO MUCH progress on our "backrad is not a commie plot" campaign. NOT

Last edited:
Here ya go grasshopper..

2n8rmuh.jpg

Your point being what? That including PDO and AMO gives

Which accounts for some of the cyclical aspect? Yeah, we get that, AMO and PDO are cyclical. CO2 ramps.

Hopeless. Just told you basically the opposite of that. That multiple cyclic funcs create NON cyclic results. Or more rigorously, non cyclic results defined over a range related to the slowest func.

Climate scientists used to dismiss all these cyclical functs. Largely because INDIVIDUALLY,
they didnt look like the curve they were attempting to fit. AND being zero mean, they assumed all combos of these would be zero mean as well.

Forum List

Back