Why do some take belief in Global Warming as a political issue?

Never said they did, did I?

I said that man has the ability to alter his environment. On a grand scale. Doesn't he?

But, man has no left a footprint with the environment with light pollution.

Footprint?

What do you mean by footprint? I am unsure how you are comparing a "footprint" to our ability to light the planet.

Dude, you really don't have a clue, do you? I'm not here to teach you what your government funded schooling failed to do. Have a good day, Sweet Thang'

But, man has no left a footprint with the environment with light pollution.

Footprint?

What do you mean by footprint? I am unsure how you are comparing a "footprint" to our ability to light the planet.

Dude, you really don't have a clue, do you? I'm not here to teach you what your government funded schooling failed to do. Have a good day, Sweet Thang'

Are you telling me that YOU believe in this "foot print" stuff that has been brought into vernacular by the very people you guys claim to not believe? But you believe enough that you have adopted their climate speak?

You mean like "carbon footprint"? Or do you mean foot print as in, evidence of the action? If so.... can you not see the picture? That isn't something we can call a footprint?

What do you MEAN? Are you throwing "green speak" at me?

You guys don't know what you mean. That is the problem here. If it falls outside of the normal and defined talking points of one political view or another, you guys get lost. You can't stop and focus on something like the network of lighting we have constructed. You have to make some giant leap that leads to the neat little baskets of either:

A: This is a liberal thought = must be bad = reach for all negative response.

B: This is a conservative thought = good = pat poster on back

You guys are not capable of just discussing the scale of these lights, how long it took, the man power it took, the massive change to the Earths environment. You leap over this in order to avoid acknowledging it. Cause it threatens a whole nother belief that is quite unrelated, but still this demonstrates an ability you guys want to deny.

Don't look now, but man has an incredible capacity to alter his environment.

9f678_north-amerika-lights.jpg

Aside from the nice picture, let's not forget that the sun does not get cold. The idea that grown men have spent so much time and energy attempting to defend the proposition is absurd.

The sun does not get cold.

And yet, streetlights don't alter the planet's climate.

I said that man has the ability to alter his environment. On a grand scale. Doesn't he?

Yes, we can light the darkness.
Still haven't seen proof we can alter the planet's climate.

Footprint?

Are you telling me that YOU believe in this "foot print" stuff that has been brought into vernacular by the very people you guys claim to not believe? But you believe enough that you have adopted their climate speak?

You mean like "carbon footprint"? Or do you mean foot print as in, evidence of the action? If so.... can you not see the picture? That isn't something we can call a footprint?

from your own words, Willy...two can play this game:
"Why do you feel the need to guess that I mean anything other than what I say?"

And yet, streetlights don't alter the planet's climate.

As in global warming? I haven't said that we are causing global warming.

Can we alter climate on a large scale? You betcha.

Dust Bowl - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ever hear of a thing called the dust bowl? Where MAN cleared the land, used up the soil, failed to rotate his crops, left the land fallow, causing massive dust storms and a well documented, well known and lasting effect on a large regions climate?

Man can alter the Earths climate. It has been done. Without mans farming impact, the dust bowl never happens.

Man can alter the Earths climate. Does this mean I believe in AGW? Didn't say that. Do I dismiss it on account of a few hacks trying to tell me about the cold sun? Not on your life. I can SEE what man is capable of. Reason tells me that if we can turn night into day, cause a few thousand square miles of soil to blow away, making for a long term climate impact over a VERY significant area of land.... then I would be a FOOL to buy into this lock stock and barrel, politically motivated stance that it is impossible for man to affect his environment on a large scale. he can and has.

from your own words, Willy...two can play this game:
"Why do you feel the need to guess that I mean anything other than what I say?"

OK... does lighting cause a footprint? Literally, no. Lighting does not leave a foot shaped impression in the dirt.

Does it leave a carbon footprint? I don't know or care. The point is, man is capable of something that a bunch of ignorant hacks would have lined up 75 years ago to deny... much like we see right here.

That's the point. Man is capable of vast undertakings to change his environment. If we can change night into day, it takes a fool, a politician or a political hack to take other possibilities off the table completely.

I am not a card carrying AGW type simply because some of that crowd too, IS in it for politcal gain, control and power. Does that mean that man hasn't the capacity to change his environment? Only a fool thinks so.

Last edited:

Ever hear of a thing called the dust bowl? Where MAN cleared the land, used up the soil, failed to rotate his crops, left the land fallow, causing massive dust storms and a well documented, well known and lasting effect on a large regions climate?

Man can alter the Earths climate. It has been done. Without mans farming impact, the dust bowl never happens.

Man can alter the Earths climate. Does this mean I believe in AGW? Didn't say that. Do I dismiss it on account of a few hacks trying to tell me about the cold sun? Not on your life. I can SEE what man is capable of. Reason tells me that if we can turn night into day, cause a few thousand square miles of soil to blow away, making for a long term climate impact over a VERY significant area of land.... then I would be a FOOL to buy into this lock stock and barrel, politically motivated stance that it is impossible for man to affect his environment on a large scale. he can and has.

Excellent!

Ever hear of a thing called the dust bowl?

You mean the thing caused by a severe drought?
What about it?

Excellent!

What about it?

Are you claiming that the prairie cleared, farmed and depleted it's soil all by itself?

You are in denial son. The dust bowl wasn't caused by a drought. Had man not cleared the vegetation, the soil never goes away. This is all plain history. Droughts happen. They don't cause dust storms and turn prairies into barren grounds incapable of supporting plants. Man dopes that. Changed an entire region into a waste land. It was a climate shift, large scale, man made.

Only a fool can deny it.

But hey... you have politics to tend to. I understand your rejection of reality.

I've never denied that the earth is slightly warmer than it was 200 years ago.

I just don't believe the predictions of cataclysm, death and destruction that all the rest of you sheep believe.

Who in this topic, recently has said any such?

The only reference to that sort of thing in this topic in the last few days are some hard heads who drug a book in here claiming that the sun was going to "hibernate" and cause the very cataclysm you speak of.

The end of the world and destruction of life as we know it is always the second part of the sermon from you sheep.

Nothing will happen if the earth is a few degrees warmer.

Excellent!

What about it?

Not only severe drought but poor farming practices that gave rise to rotating crops and better irrigation procedures.

I've never denied that the earth is slightly warmer than it was 200 years ago.

I just don't believe the predictions of cataclysm, death and destruction that all the rest of you sheep believe.

Who in this topic, recently has said any such?

The only reference to that sort of thing in this topic in the last few days are some hard heads who drug a book in here claiming that the sun was going to "hibernate" and cause the very cataclysm you speak of.

The end of the world and destruction of life as we know it is always the second part of the sermon from you sheep.

Nothing will happen if the earth is a few degrees warmer.

I didn't say the Earth was getting warmer, much less did I say what might happen if it did.

I don't know.

You don't know.

Excellent!

What about it?

Not only severe drought but poor farming practices that gave rise to rotating crops and better irrigation procedures.

Cover crops were something we learned a lot about. If you don't put something there to hold the soil down and the wind starts to blow.... it will pick it up and black out the sun with massive black clouds of dust.

We RUINED a massive chunk of farm land because we didn't know what kind of impact man was capable of. We had to ruin a nice little chunk of the planet before we decided to do anything about it and it STILL took a massive effort of Soil conservation groups to convince obstinate farmers that they could ruin our land and cause catastrophic impacts if they didn't learn to treat the land differently.

Man is capable of creating huge impacts, both negative and positive, on his environment. He can light up the night sky and he can create massive climate phenomenons, like dust storms.

:lol::lol::lol: So man altered the climate to create the drought conditions that led to the Dustbowl? Dude, you are so far out of your mind as to be sad. The only thing that man contributed to the Dust bowl was poor farming methods that made it easier for the wind to strip off the top soil.

Go read a damned book you clueless nimrod.

Excellent!

What about it?

Are you claiming that the prairie cleared, farmed and depleted it's soil all by itself?

You are in denial son. The dust bowl wasn't caused by a drought. Had man not cleared the vegetation, the soil never goes away. This is all plain history. Droughts happen. They don't cause dust storms and turn prairies into barren grounds incapable of supporting plants. Man dopes that. Changed an entire region into a waste land. It was a climate shift, large scale, man made.

Only a fool can deny it.

But hey... you have politics to tend to. I understand your rejection of reality.

I guess you've never read a history book where the immigrants had to deal with massive dust storms when they were traversing the Great plains. Decades before man put plow to soil. Your colossal ignorance is astounding.

Your damning of man for everything he does isn't. Here's a clue. You are using a computer that you clearly have no idea how much pollution is created in its creation. You need to throw every belonging you have away. Walk out into the Mexican desert and live like a hermit.

If you do anything other than that you are nothing more than a elitist blowhard.

Excellent!

What about it?

Cover crops were something we learned a lot about. If you don't put something there to hold the soil down and the wind starts to blow.... it will pick it up and black out the sun with massive black clouds of dust.

We RUINED a massive chunk of farm land because we didn't know what kind of impact man was capable of. We had to ruin a nice little chunk of the planet before we decided to do anything about it and it STILL took a massive effort of Soil conservation groups to convince obstinate farmers that they could ruin our land and cause catastrophic impacts if they didn't learn to treat the land differently.

Man is capable of creating huge impacts, both negative and positive, on his environment. He can light up the night sky and he can create massive climate phenomenons, like dust storms.

Yeppers, man has been creating dust storms in the Sahara for millenia:cuckoo::cuckoo:

Excellent!

What about it?

Son? You just continue here in this thread and don't stray anywhere else on any other boards please.

I insist you set up housekeeping here too.

Sheesh...:cuckoo:

Man's actions and direct causation of the dust storms and loss of massive amounts of soil, rendering great swaths of the plains barren is a matter of fact.

I can't and won't try to convince you otherwise, but your denials speak to your credibility and it's running awfully low there Mr. "scientist".

Forum List

Back