Why do we put up with this?

Salon owner accuses Oregon governor of retaliating for resisting lockdown orders: 'She terrorized my family' | Fox News
Glamour Salon owner Lindsey Graham reopened her salon in May and received a fine of $14,000 from the state. Graham claimed that Brown began to personally "terrorize" her family, and threatened to place her children under the care of Child Protective Services to "intimidate" her into closing her salon doors.

"She terrorized myself, she terrorized my stylists, and she terrorized my family. She took every government agency she could, and she put her full weight into intimidating me into closing, including sending Child Protective Cervices to my home and threatening the removal of my children."

Three days after publically opening her salon, Child Protective Services showed up at Graham's home and "interviewed my children without my presence," she explained.

They "opened a full-blown case against me which was completely bogus and unwarranted, and it didn't come until I shot back at them with a threat of the lawsuit," that they backed down, Graham said.

Why? This is horseshit. Our ancestors are rolling over in their graves. Everything they did was for NOTHING.
Almost certainly didn't happen that way.

Anyway, when the owner refused lawful orders to close shop for public safety they should have just arrested her, seized the shop, and been done with it.
it wasnt a lawful order because there isnt a law to force her to do it,,

The argument long has been to do what you are told and no one gets hurt. Then take it to court. So according to that logic she should have shut down and took it to court.

Right the state has infinite resources, she is shut down and barely able to survive, do you think she could afford to "take it to court"?

How do you think lawyers get paid? It usually from the proceeds when the other side loses, not from the person they work for before taking the case to court!
The government has unlimited resources pilfered from the tax payers. Citizens don’t. They drag this shit out in court requiring parties to see therapists,take classes ,pay monthly fees to lawyers,social workers etc... until you are too broke to fight the battle anymore and are forced to give up.

The argument long has been to do what you are told and no one gets hurt. Then take it to court. So according to that logic she should have shut down and took it to court.

Right the state has infinite resources, she is shut down and barely able to survive, do you think she could afford to "take it to court"?

How do you think lawyers get paid? It usually from the proceeds when the other side loses, not from the person they work for before taking the case to court!
The government has unlimited resources pilfered from the tax payers. Citizens don’t. They drag this shit out in court requiring parties to see therapists,take classes ,pay monthly fees to lawyers,social workers etc... until you are too broke to fight the battle anymore and are forced to give up.

Then why is that so often what others are told to do when faced with a violation of their rights?

WE were talking in this specific instance. Are you confused?

Then why is that so often what others are told to do when faced with a violation of their rights?
What's the alternative?
Burn down a commercial block?

I have had lawyers tell me not to pursue a suit against the local government because the case would always wind up at the bottom of the dock and the thousands I would have to pay them would ruin me financially.

What's the alternative?

Say no. Yes, protest and riot if you must.

Why should this person be held more special than others?

Anyway, when the owner refused lawful orders to close shop for public safety they should have just arrested her, seized the shop, and been done with it.

1609258212127.png

Just because someone in power gives an order doesn't make it lawful.

*****SMILE*****

:)

Salon owner accuses Oregon governor of retaliating for resisting lockdown orders: 'She terrorized my family' | Fox News
Glamour Salon owner Lindsey Graham reopened her salon in May and received a fine of $14,000 from the state. Graham claimed that Brown began to personally "terrorize" her family, and threatened to place her children under the care of Child Protective Services to "intimidate" her into closing her salon doors.

"She terrorized myself, she terrorized my stylists, and she terrorized my family. She took every government agency she could, and she put her full weight into intimidating me into closing, including sending Child Protective Cervices to my home and threatening the removal of my children."

Three days after publically opening her salon, Child Protective Services showed up at Graham's home and "interviewed my children without my presence," she explained.

They "opened a full-blown case against me which was completely bogus and unwarranted, and it didn't come until I shot back at them with a threat of the lawsuit," that they backed down, Graham said.

Why? This is horseshit. Our ancestors are rolling over in their graves. Everything they did was for NOTHING.

But at least old men perverts can use the same bathroom with little girls if they so choose....

Another BIG LIE ^^^.

STATEMENT: But at least old men perverts can use the same bathroom with little girls if they so choose....

RESPONSE: They may use the same restroom but not at the same time; these single restrooms have locks, and little girls are more likely to be accompanied by a parent. or guardian. Simple statements are misleading, and of course that is your intent.

So are my statements:

A BIG LIE

like your hissy claimed

Or what you feel is a misrepresentation?

What's the alternative?

Say no. Yes, protest and riot if you must.

Why should this person be held more special than others?
It depends on who you know and which side they are on.
Most people in my community contribute heavily to both parties so my suing either party would get me nowhere.

You assume this is different that any other case involving the government vs a citizen with limited funds.

I have had lawyers tell me not to pursue a suit against the local government because the case would always wind up at the bottom of the dock and the thousands I would have to pay them would ruin me financially.
Exactly.

You assume this is different that any other case involving the government vs a citizen with limited funds.
Yes, because it is about criminal conduct. Not policy.

Yes, because it is about criminal conduct. Not policy.

There is no criminal conduct in one insisting on their rights being respected.

Exactly.
Bottom of the dock? WTF does that mean?

The lawyers knew you would lose!

Exactly.
Bottom of the dock? WTF does that mean?

The lawyers knew you would lose!
Judges are owned by the party they are members of.
If you try to sue a politician who is in the same party as the judge, your case will be placed at the bottom of the docket.

That's how they do it in good ol China, right? Shut down her business and put her in prison for challenging the State.

The tyrant speaks. You’ll do well in our Orwellian future.
It is not tyrannical to enforce public health measures during a global pandemic.

It is a crime to ignore them.

And how long would it take a court to hear the case?

About as long as it would for the others that are told to do this.
The problem with justice in our country, is it’s difficult to obtain via the courts. The deck is stacked in favor of the government in numerous ways. The cost to litigate is just one. However, the wealthy aren’t nearly as encumbered by our corrupt judicial system. They can afford to buy justice. The rest of us often get railroaded.

Forum List

Back