Why does a law abiding citizen need to 3D print a gun instead of buying one?

but you can get good pistols for $350/etc..that's not a drop

Which is true, but you ignore the fact that I buy the printer, and then multiple people pay me to make their parts. It amortizes out PDQ.
hahahahahaha-you don't think I thought of that??
then you have to get a license/etc to sell the weapons....yes?
that's a whole different subject/aspect

Nope. If you are merely making parts, and not assembling them, there is no requirement for a license.
making or selling??
kind of hard for me to believe these printers would make reliable parts for pistols--where you have ''close'' tolerances ..it's not like you are making an umbrella
do they?

I guess you really don't know what you're talking about. 3D printing can make things with far more precision than your standard machinist can.

Rolls-Royce plans 3D printing for jet engine parts

Subscribe to read | Financial Times

we are talking about your everyday asshole like you--not premier production companies

Which is true, but you ignore the fact that I buy the printer, and then multiple people pay me to make their parts. It amortizes out PDQ.

Nope. If you are merely making parts, and not assembling them, there is no requirement for a license.
making or selling??
kind of hard for me to believe these printers would make reliable parts for pistols--where you have ''close'' tolerances ..it's not like you are making an umbrella
do they?

I guess you really don't know what you're talking about. 3D printing can make things with far more precision than your standard machinist can.

here I am trying to discuss civilly and you are being a jackass
FU
Didn't read it did ya... I highlighted the relevant part for you. I can manufacture EVERYTHING and sell it.
you said what YOU could manufacture--not Rolls Royce...get it????!!!
the printer YOU could afford would be worthless crap

You do know that people are printing guns on $200 3d Printers all the time, right?

but you can get good pistols for $350/etc..that's not a drop

making or selling??
do they?

here is the OP
Why does a law abiding citizen
a citizen--not a premier production company

making or selling??
do they?

FU
Didn't read it did ya... I highlighted the relevant part for you. I can manufacture EVERYTHING and sell it.

You do know that people are printing guns on $200 3d Printers all the time, right?

yes, I'd trust those!!!

making or selling??
do they?

FU

it still has some minor feed and extraction problems to be worked ou
hahahha
A Working Assault Rifle Made With a 3-D Printer
a $200 printer is not going to make a precision pistol/rifle

making or selling??
do they?

we are talking about your everyday asshole like you--not premier production companies

Hmm. I don't recall getting personal and calling you a name. So I guess that means the asshole in this thread is you... That seems to happen a lot when you clowns lose your so called argument. The OP asked why any non criminal would want a 3D printer. We have shown you chapter and verse why we like them, how we can pay for them, and that they are legal. So I guess the next thing for you to do, is go crying to mommy.

The link below has a 3D printed gun – yours for just $11,000.

https://3dprint.com/139537/3d-printed-guns/

Yep. That was a few years ago. Guess what...the cost of metal 3D printers has come down a bit. And they will continue to drop.

You can print a gun out of ABS though, you don't need a metal printer.

True, but I prefer quality over cheap any day of the week. My friend is buying a 3D printer for his shop now so we are already drawing up plans for some cool projects. He has a Title II manufacturing license so we are looking at designing some suppressors that are way out of the norm. Should be fun.

Last edited:
Guns are legal to buy. Why should you be able to make one using a 3D printer unless you're a criminal?
The link below has a 3D printed gun – yours for just $11,000.

https://3dprint.com/139537/3d-printed-guns/

Yeah.... that technology isn't going to ever improve...right? Did you put this on parchment with a quill pen and send it in with a messenger on horseback.... you are such a dim bulb.....

I just saw Lethal Weapon again on cable...... the scene where Murtaugh is using the Brick phone to call in to the station.....yeah phones haven't gotten better, cheaper and easier to make....

Are you really this dense clayton, or do you just pretend to be this stupid when you post online...?

Guns are legal to buy. Why should you be able to make one using a 3D printer unless you're a criminal?

Same reason why I make parts on my lathe, Bridgeport, surface grinder, use my welder...

Because it's fun and interesting to do, plus it saves money.

But you wouldn't understand that...

P.s .why do girls sew, needle point, crochet, why do people make clay pottery ect...ect ..

Forum List

Back