Why does God hide himself?

But you didn't answer the question. You dodged the question.
I didn't dodge any question. You can't read. You asked an idiotic question that I answered anyway. Telling you about my parents means nothing. You said to trust you that God cares and you never explained why I should.
If you had answered it you would have explained ways in which you showed your love to your children of your parents showed their love to you.
You have to be on dope. I said numerous times that it tells you nothing about the truth of the matter, only that I said it.
I disagree, it will show you exactly why your God is a loving, caring and a personal God.
Like I said, you are on dope. You have to have faith to believe in stories. You can't differentiate between facts and faith.
Science uses proxies all the time to better understand phenomenon they cannot directly measure.

God did not dictate the Torah to Moshe in English.
How do you know that it was god?
Because He doesn't want your money.
That doesn't even make sense.
Why am I not shocked.
You're not shocked that you make no sense? Why is that?
Good one!
I'm not shocked you don't understand that a translation leaves a world undiscoverable.

So then you don't believe God cares about us?
I have no idea.

I think that you are quite a long way down the road to finding out.
How so? Only in death will you know, if you can even know. Otherwise it is guesswork/wishful thinking.

I disagree. You demonstrate having an open mind and humility foundational to life.

Whoever told you that no one can know till after physical death introduced into your mind like malware a false teaching that blinds you to the openly expressed teaching that the very purpose for God communicating with people through messengers was that they would come to know he who truly is God while they are still alive.
Who told you that? What I said is truthful, you only have beliefs. The same god gives everyone a different answer? That makes no sense. You'd have to believe only you have accurately received god's message.

It has never been a secret that the torah means instruction, not history. Knowing this try to find and learn what the stories are actually about, what is being taught through fantastical stories of supernatural events with mythological creatures ascending and descending between opposing realms of being. If you cannot grasp what bronze age people were teaching each other about the harsh realities of life in this world, how do you expect to even know where to look for evidence of God or proof of the truth in the teaching?

If you look and look and keep on looking you will find it.

I can't do it for you. Trying to punch holes in what I say isn't going to make you feel any better for being lazy.

When you begin to discern the hidden teaching of the law, the wisdom of God will come into view. Once the wisdom of God is revealed to you then you will then see the invisible hand of the almighty actively involved in the smallest details of daily life from which no man, rich or poor, sinner or saint, Jew or Gentile, can escape in this world or the next for either good or evil.

If you want to increase your ability to perceive and understand reality as it is, you must first cleanse your mind from all that is false, all that causes your mind to stumble in thought and perception.

If you really want to see God just do it.

Last edited:
Why would God hide himself?

Why would you hide yourself , if you did?

Well , so that I could not be found.

Hello.

Hello.
Scripture clearly teaches that if you do what is right, you are accepted. If what you do or what you fail to do is offensive to God who is holy, his face will be hidden from you and sin will knock you unconscious like a dope fiend with a baseball bat lurking behind your door.

So, is God really hiding or are you just blind?

Do you not see him because he doesn't want to be seen or have you defiled and contaminated your mind, your only means of perception?

Last edited:
What is God like? The scripture gives some interesting clues. In Rev.4:2-11. John was transformed into the spirit world of God ; he actually sees God siting on a throne. So from this we know God has a throne and he " Sits on it", which implies that God may have legs and a torso of some kind. We don't know, but its implied. John then said to look at God is like looking at shinning stones; which implies that God's general appearance is bright like the Sun.

John then said he saw a rainbow that surrounded the throne room of God. He said there were 24 other throne seats that had what he said were " Elders" sitting on them. He said he heard thundering sounds like lightning that proceeded out from the throne. He said a " Sea like glass" was before the throne. And Great Beasts and beings were on the throne as well. This is a stunning peak at God, who himself must be an awesome incredible being!

No. Nobody else has seen anything like this.

What is God like? The scripture gives some interesting clues. In Rev.4:2-11. John was transformed into the spirit world of God ; he actually sees God siting on a throne. So from this we know God has a throne and he " Sits on it", which implies that God may have legs and a torso of some kind. We don't know, but its implied. John then said to look at God is like looking at shinning stones; which implies that God's general appearance is bright like the Sun.

John then said he saw a rainbow that surrounded the throne room of God. He said there were 24 other throne seats that had what he said were " Elders" sitting on them. He said he heard thundering sounds like lightning that proceeded out from the throne. He said a " Sea like glass" was before the throne. And Great Beasts and beings were on the throne as well. This is a stunning peak at God, who himself must be an awesome incredible being!

The problem with anything written in "Hebrews" or "Revelation" in the New Testament is that Eusebius tells us these two books/scrolls are counterfeit.

The problem with anything written in "Hebrews" or "Revelation" in the New Testament is that Eusebius tells us these two books/scrolls are counterfeit.
Science tells us that the rest of the book is bullshit as well.

But seriously, maybe god hides because he likes to whack off in private.

:thanks:

How can anything written about 'God' be taken for any more than metaphor at best? Is it not apparent that limiting 'God' cannot be possible? All thought of 'God' takes place in our unavoidably subjective brains. Is it other than delusion to expect different brains to perceive in exactly the same way?
Each of us, every second, is opening for him/her self Schroedinger's box. Here's hoping what you grab inside is a live pussy.

I didn't dodge any question. You can't read. You asked an idiotic question that I answered anyway. Telling you about my parents means nothing. You said to trust you that God cares and you never explained why I should.
If you had answered it you would have explained ways in which you showed your love to your children of your parents showed their love to you.
You have to be on dope. I said numerous times that it tells you nothing about the truth of the matter, only that I said it.
I disagree, it will show you exactly why your God is a loving, caring and a personal God.
Like I said, you are on dope. You have to have faith to believe in stories. You can't differentiate between facts and faith.
Science uses proxies all the time to better understand phenomenon they cannot directly measure.
Science doesn't reach conclusions based on hearsay evidence. You have no logic or reason to your thinking.

I have no idea.

I think that you are quite a long way down the road to finding out.
How so? Only in death will you know, if you can even know. Otherwise it is guesswork/wishful thinking.

I disagree. You demonstrate having an open mind and humility foundational to life.

Whoever told you that no one can know till after physical death introduced into your mind like malware a false teaching that blinds you to the openly expressed teaching that the very purpose for God communicating with people through messengers was that they would come to know he who truly is God while they are still alive.
Who told you that? What I said is truthful, you only have beliefs. The same god gives everyone a different answer? That makes no sense. You'd have to believe only you have accurately received god's message.

It has never been a secret that the torah means instruction, not history. Knowing this try to find and learn what the stories are actually about, what is being taught through fantastical stories of supernatural events with mythological creatures ascending and descending between opposing realms of being. If you cannot grasp what bronze age people were teaching each other about the harsh realities of life in this world, how do you expect to even know where to look for evidence of God or proof of the truth in the teaching?

If you look and look and keep on looking you will find it.

I can't do it for you. Trying to punch holes in what I say isn't going to make you feel any better for being lazy.

When you begin to discern the hidden teaching of the law, the wisdom of God will come into view. Once the wisdom of God is revealed to you then you will then see the invisible hand of the almighty actively involved in the smallest details of daily life from which no man, rich or poor, sinner or saint, Jew or Gentile, can escape in this world or the next for either good or evil.

If you want to increase your ability to perceive and understand reality as it is, you must first cleanse your mind from all that is false, all that causes your mind to stumble in thought and perception.

If you really want to see God just do it.
LOL. Typical religious tripe!

I can only see clearly if I suspend rational thought an accept a religious text as fact. You are brainwashed. It always amuses me when people proselytize their faith from the mountain tops while claiming they do not have any faith. That's not only hypocritical it's outright stupid. Do you believe in a faith or not? You don't even know!

Hello.
Scripture clearly teaches that if you do what is right, you are accepted. If what you do or what you fail to do is offensive to God who is holy, his face will be hidden from you and sin will knock you unconscious like a dope fiend with a baseball bat lurking behind your door.

So, is God really hiding or are you just blind?

Do you not see him because he doesn't want to be seen or have you defiled and contaminated your mind, your only means of perception?
How smug and condescending. If someone doesn't embrace your religious beliefs they have polluted their minds. What an asshole. I want nothing to do with the putrid god you worship.

What's your source? They were included in the canon so you make zero sense.

Forum List

Back