Why does God hide himself?

If you had answered it you would have explained ways in which you showed your love to your children of your parents showed their love to you.
You have to be on dope. I said numerous times that it tells you nothing about the truth of the matter, only that I said it.
I disagree, it will show you exactly why your God is a loving, caring and a personal God.
Like I said, you are on dope. You have to have faith to believe in stories. You can't differentiate between facts and faith.
Science uses proxies all the time to better understand phenomenon they cannot directly measure.
Science doesn't reach conclusions based on hearsay evidence. You have no logic or reason to your thinking.
Reason and experience tell us that what is created can be used as evidence. Scientific principles can be used to examine almost anything. The lack of logic and reasoning is yours, not mine, as you are the one who refuses to investigate or challenge your own beliefs using your experiences as a proxy. You are literally concluding that denying examination is logical and reasonable without ever investigation. It doesn't get less scientific than that. That would be like a scientist developing a hypothesis and saying he doesn't need to test it. It seems to me that you have been infected by critical theory which is the deceitful practice of criticizing what you don't believe to arrive at what you do believe without ever testing what you do believe. You should try critical thinking instead, which is to examine what you do believe to test its validity.

Last edited:
You have to be on dope. I said numerous times that it tells you nothing about the truth of the matter, only that I said it.
I disagree, it will show you exactly why your God is a loving, caring and a personal God.
Like I said, you are on dope. You have to have faith to believe in stories. You can't differentiate between facts and faith.
Science uses proxies all the time to better understand phenomenon they cannot directly measure.
Science doesn't reach conclusions based on hearsay evidence. You have no logic or reason to your thinking.
Reason and experience tell us that what is created can be used as evidence. Scientific principles can be used to examine almost anything. The lack of logic and reasoning is yours, not mine, as you are the one who refuses to investigate or challenge your own beliefs using your experiences as a proxy.
You obviously would be better off worshiping a rock. Your god turned you into a fool. You won't even admit you believe by faith. Where's your scientific evidence that god is loving and caring or that your brand of religion is the right one? And why haven'y you presented it yet.

Reason and experience tell us that what is created can be used as evidence. Scientific principles can be used to examine almost anything. The lack of logic and reasoning is yours, not mine, as you are the one who refuses to investigate or challenge your own beliefs using your experiences as a proxy.
You obviously would be better off worshiping a rock. Your god turned you into a fool. You won't even admit you believe by faith. Where's your scientific evidence that god is loving and caring or that your brand of religion is the right one? And why haven'y you presented it yet.
My indirect evidence - which has been obtained by using the scientific principle of proxy - that God cares about us are our own experiences which you refuse to discuss. I have not presented it because the witness - you - has been uncooperative. After you answer the questions, I can then show you that God does care.

My indirect evidence - which has been obtained by using the scientific principle of proxy - that God cares about us are our own experiences which you refuse to discuss. I have not presented it because the witness - you - has been uncooperative. After you answer the questions, I can then show you that God does care.
Scientists do not rely on anecdotal stories to prove their case. I've "co-operated" since you think you are running the show. But if you have to rely on someone else's experience to prove god cares about you then you have failed miserably. You can't see how flawed that is so something else is going on. Drugs, hypnosis, brainwashing, etc. Something clearly is going on with you and it sure isn't objectivity.

Scientists do not rely on anecdotal stories to prove their case. I've "co-operated" since you think you are running the show. But if you have to rely on someone else's experience to prove god cares about you then you have failed miserably. You can't see how flawed that is so something else is going on. Drugs, hypnosis, brainwashing, etc. Something clearly is going on with you and it sure isn't objectivity.
How do you propose to prove anything about a supernatural being unless you use what has been created? You can't. All we have is what has happened since space and time was created which is a great deal of information and data.

"...a proxy or proxy variable is a variable that is not in itself directly relevant, but that serves in place of an unobservable or immeasurable variable.[1] In order for a variable to be a good proxy, it must have a close correlation, not necessarily linear, with the variable of interest. This correlation might be either positive or negative.

Proxy variable must relate to unobserved variable..."

Proxy (statistics) - Wikipedia

How do you propose to prove anything about a supernatural being unless you use what has been created? You can't. All we have is what has happened since space and time was created which is a great deal of information and data.

"...a proxy or proxy variable is a variable that is not in itself directly relevant, but that serves in place of an unobservable or immeasurable variable.[1] In order for a variable to be a good proxy, it must have a close correlation, not necessarily linear, with the variable of interest. This correlation might be either positive or negative.

I believe there is a god, said so in the begining but don't know if he cares or not. You claimed he did, your version was the correct one and all you've offered so far are insults and obfuscation so far. All religions use anecdotal evidence, they can't all be right.

Why does God hide himself?

Because right now he has no time for humanity.

I believe there is a god, said so in the begining but don't know if he cares or not. You claimed he did, your version was the correct one and all you've offered so far are insults and obfuscation so far. All religions use anecdotal evidence, they can't all be right.
Great. Wonderful. So what? This conversation isn't about God's existence. It is about whether or not we can find any evidence to support the assertion that God cares.

I did not insult you or obfuscate. In fact, I have been consistent and transparent in my intentions the whole time; which is to explain to you that we can answer that question by studying the things we do to see if we see similar things in what God has done. For instance:

1. When our children are young do we give them laws to keep them safe?
2. As the grow older do we allow them to make their own mistakes.
3. Do we allow them to suffer the consequences of their mistakes so that they can learn from them?
4. Do we offer feedback on their mistakes?
5. After offering feedback do we allow them to keep making the same mistakes until they have learned from them?

Great. Wonderful. So what? This conversation isn't about God's existence. It is about whether or not we can find any evidence to support the assertion that God cares.

I did not insult you or obfuscate. In fact, I have been consistent and transparent in my intentions the whole time; which is to explain to you that we can answer that question by studying the things we do to see if we see similar things in what God has done. For instance:

3. Do we allow them to suffer the consequences of their mistakes so that they can learn from them?
5. After offering feedback do we allow them to keep making the same mistakes until they have learned from them?
You've consistently ignored the point that you cannot know god. You can only believe you do. You keep implying the answers lay in a written work but you are relying on that for evidence. You are stuck in a circular logic loop. It's true because you believe it and you believe it because it's true. One must ASSUME you pet religion is true to give it any credibility to begin with.

You've consistently ignored the point that you cannot know god. You can only believe you do. You keep implying the answers lay in a written work but you are relying on that for evidence. You are stuck in a circular logic loop. It's true because you believe it and you believe it because it's true. One must ASSUME you pet religion is true to give it any credibility to begin with.
No. I have consistently stated that we can learn about God from what He has created. I have not implied anything. I have not even mentioned the Bible. In fact, everything I have written can be proven through the Laws of Nature and what has transpired since space and time were created. I don't need my religion to prove that it is true. I can prove this all through cause and effect.

You can't see how stupid you sound. Hidden teachings above the grasp of people who do not think deeply? How is that attitude any different than a Moonie's? Or a Muslim's? All religions say that. You claim yours is the correct one but can't begin to support it.

Yes, hidden teachings above the grasp of people who do not think very deeply. No religion says that. The way that what I am saying is different from every other religion is that I am telling you to use you brain to decipher the figurative language used to even know what actually happened or what hard learned lessons of the past were taught and preserved and compelled into the future through those stories.

Does using your brain pose some difficulty for you? I am not telling you to accept anything by blind faith.

And WTF am I supposed to support? Its like you asking me to support the assertion that the story of the three pigs coveys a teaching not directly connected to the literal meaning of the words used.

Am I telling you something that you don't already know? You should have learned this in kindergarten.

Would you like a verifiable example of hidden teaching?

Again, I am not insulting you or trying to trick you.

You are embarrassing yourself.

nd I was a Christian for over twenty years, studied faithfully, had a pretty decent library of aids, etc. Been there, done that. I know your type like the back of my hand.

I see, you made an imaginary friend with a mangod that doesn't correspond to any real living being ever in existence and as a consequence died a very very long time ago, got pissed once you realized you were schnookered and never got over it.

You climbed out of the pit only to get caught in a trap.

I know all about you but you know nothing about me....

Last edited:
You can't see how stupid you sound. Hidden teachings above the grasp of people who do not think deeply? How is that attitude any different than a Moonie's? Or a Muslim's? All religions say that. You claim yours is the correct one but can't begin to support it.

Yes, hidden teachings above the grasp of people who do not think very deeply. No religion says that. The way that what I am saying is different from every other religion is that I am telling you to use you brain to decipher the figurative language used to even know what actually happened or what hard learned lessons of the past were taught and preserved and compelled into the future through those stories.

Does using your brain pose some difficulty for you? I am not telling you to accept anything by blind faith.

And WTF am I supposed to support? Its like you asking me to support the assertion that the story of the three pigs coveys a teaching not directly connected to the literal meaning of the words used.

Am I telling you something that you don't already know?

You should have known this since kindergarten.

nd I was a Christian for over twenty years, studied faithfully, had a pretty decent library of aids, etc. Been there, done that. I know your type like the back of my hand.

I see, you made an imaginary friend with a mangod that doesn't correspond to any real living being ever in existence and as a consequence died a very very long time ago, got pissed once you realized you were schnookered and never got over it.

What is wrong with you?

Wrong. You're a well oiled liar. Post after post after post. I know all about you. You made claims about me as if you were omnipresent. That stops working on people by the time they are preteens so you aren't even a good liar.

You can't back up anything except to claim it's there if they think deeply enough but use faith to buttress your position. Faith is not thinking but accepting as fact that which you cannot prove.

Wrong. You're a well oiled liar. Post after post after post. I know all about you. You made claims about me as if you were omnipresent. That stops working on people by the time they are preteens so you aren't even a good liar.

You can't back up anything except to claim it's there if they think deeply enough but use faith to buttress your position. Faith is not thinking but accepting as fact that which you cannot prove.
Ok.. so you will never be a deep thinker.

I can live with that...

I can live with that...
Agreeing with you would be the antithesis of deep thought.

[QUOTE="ding, post: 1685126
Great. Wonderful. So what? This conversation isn't about God's existence. It is about whether or not we can find any evidence to support the assertion that God cares. ?[/QUOTE]

This thread is not about support God cares; its about God hiding himself.
I am requesting that you respect that topic , please take your agenda to a new thread.

I can live with that...
Agreeing with you would be the antithesis of deep thought.[/QUOTE

]I am requesting that you start your own thread topic ; please.

I am requesting that you start your own thread please.

I can live with that...

I am requesting the three of you start your own thread please.

What is wrong with you?

I can't force you to see what your doing is wrong, I can only ask you to stop. Please go start your own thread topic , I want to finish this one ;; please.

Forum List

Back