Why does Obama boast about the results of fracking?

Amelia

Rookie
Feb 14, 2011
Packerland!
From his SOTU: "More oil produced at home than we buy from the rest of the world – the first time that’s happened in nearly twenty years."

Why did he laud that as something seemingly good? Is he a fan of fracking?

From his SOTU: "More oil produced at home than we buy from the rest of the world – the first time that’s happened in nearly twenty years."

Yes its the one thing he is right about,NG is not evil,as so many falsely try and paint it.

Obmaa needs to kick NY state in the ass and end this false moratorium on Gas drilling.

I thought fracking produces natural gas?

When you have failed in every department, the economy remains on the abyss of another dip, and you blame everyone else for what ails the country it only stands to reason one would accept credit for something he has fought so vehemently against and had nothing to do with.

it was a state of the union address...

He was to address congress and give them his evaluation of the state of the union.

It was not about what he agrees with or disagrees with...it was about the state of the union.

And yes, he was correct as it pertains to energy.

it does.

Truth is, Obama was correct as it pertains to domestic oil production....but ironically, he can not applaud his policies for it. It is based on private land production seeing as he has slowed federal land production.

However, he was correct with the statement....and smart enough to not say "despite my efforts" before he said it.

Yes its the one thing he is right about,NG is not evil,as so many falsely try and paint it.

Obmaa needs to kick NY state in the ass and end this false moratorium on Gas drilling.

Yeah lets end that moratorium on drilling in the Eastern Gulf of Mexico while were at it (and force Fla. to allow drilling in it's territorial waters too. To hell with states rights). What right does Florida have wanting clean beaches? Hell they could do what the did when tar balls started showing up on their beaches after the Horizon blow out. Just bulldoze them under the sand as soon as possible.......

:eusa_whistle:

Yeah lets end that moratorium on drilling in the Eastern Gulf of Mexico while were at it (and force Fla. to allow drilling in it's territorial waters too. To hell with states rights). What right does Florida have wanting clean beaches? Hell they could do what the did when tar balls started showing up on their beaches after the Horizon blow out. Just bulldoze them under the sand as soon as possible.......

:eusa_whistle:

The world will end,we are dooomed

Yes, who would not want to wake up on Sunday morning look out your window and see this?

TP%20-%20fracking.jpg

Also from the SOTU:

"It’s not just oil and natural gas production that’s booming; we’re becoming a global leader in solar, too."

"And even as we’ve increased energy production, we’ve partnered with businesses, builders, and local communities to reduce the energy we consume. "

"One of the reasons why is natural gas – if extracted safely, it’s the bridge fuel that can power our economy with less of the carbon pollution that causes climate change. Businesses plan to invest almost $100 billion in new factories that use natural gas. I’ll cut red tape to help states get those factories built, and this Congress can help by putting people to work building fueling stations that shift more cars and trucks from foreign oil to American natural gas. "

Are the liberals defending him going to give him credit for that little "if extracted safely"? Isn't that moot? Isn't fracking horrible? Obama should be promising to end it, not bragging about the results of it.

it does.

Truth is, Obama was correct as it pertains to domestic oil production....but ironically, he can not applaud his policies for it. It is based on private land production seeing as he has slowed federal land production.

However, he was correct with the statement....and smart enough to not say "despite my efforts" before he said it.

If what you are saying here is true, and I have not reason to think it is not, then what Obama said, and did, is a good thing. Not opening federal lands and they still found enough oil to make us independent is a great thing in my opinion. The oil under federal land will be there for the future.

Organic materials decomposed and then heated coupled with tremendous pressure produces gases or crude. Fracturing is just a conduit to allow these gases to escape.

He's a fan of taking credit for anything he had nothing to do with. Even things he opposed, like this.

Yes, who would not want to wake up on Sunday morning look out your window and see this?

TP%20-%20fracking.jpg

Its not so bad when someone owns acreage full of scrub brush and then trots down to pick up a check in the mailbox for a 100 grand each month.

TP%20-%20fracking.jpg

Its not so bad when someone owns acreage full of scrub brush and then trots down to pick up a check in the mailbox for a 100 grand each month.

Definitely a boom for those owning land in the right place. Good for farmers maybe it will help keep the price of food from skyrocketing. We own about 10 acres and already received money now we just wait until they start drilling. They are maybe 1/2 mile away and naturally I am worried about my water. But because I joined a group if they ruin my water they are suppose to replace it.

Anyway it is not hard to be jealous of people who own lots of land just because they inherited it and they do nothing with it.

TP%20-%20fracking.jpg

You live in a cave? ride a horse ,grow all the food you eat?like clothing?

The man is all fracked up.

it does.

If what you are saying here is true, and I have not reason to think it is not, then what Obama said, and did, is a good thing. Not opening federal lands and they still found enough oil to make us independent is a great thing in my opinion. The oil under federal land will be there for the future.
interesting assessment.....and I believe you may be correct.
His energy policies forced the private sector to come up with an alternative.

TP%20-%20fracking.jpg

Definitely a boom for those owning land in the right place. Good for farmers maybe it will help keep the price of food from skyrocketing. We own about 10 acres and already received money now we just wait until they start drilling. They are maybe 1/2 mile away and naturally I am worried about my water. But because I joined a group if they ruin my water they are suppose to replace it.

Anyway it is not hard to be jealous of people who own lots of land just because they inherited it and they do nothing with it.

Well, I hope everything works out for you. I work for a company that does groundwater remidiation projects and fracking has been a boon to my company with all of the groundwater monitoring from pissed off residents and municipalities.

Forum List

Back