🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Why does this happen?

Raynine

Gold Member
Oct 28, 2023
Every day when I get home from the gym I feel like I want to lie down and take a nap. I never do. I go through the ritual of getting my bike ready and then head out for a 40-50 mile ride. Should I take that nap?

Every day when I get home from the gym I feel like I want to lie down and take a nap. I never do. I go through the ritual of getting my bike ready and then head out for a 40-50 mile ride. Should I take that nap?

You do a 40-50 mile bike ride every day? No offense, but I find that hard to believe. And yeah, you better take that nap, your body is telling you to slow the fuck down.

I take an afternoon hour each day to read and it usually ends in a short nap....

I took a 20 minute catnap. I think my brain is telling me to ease off so I can reset. I did forty miles on the bike and felt good on the ride. My upper body workouts in the gym are a chore. But I do them because I need to work the whole body. It helps on the bike because I hold myself and stabilize the ride with my arms. I got my bloodwork back and just as I suspected my thyroid numbers are going in the right direction. TSH is slightly elevated. Everything else in better than normal. Anyone else have hypothyroidism?

If you’re trying to build muscle, then that’s an excessive amount of cardio to do everyday. Especially right after lifting. Muscular hypertrophy happens after lifting, when your body is resting and you’ve eaten plenty of protein.

With that said, if you’re really over 70 and really biking 40-50 miles everyday, that seems like too much in any circumstance and I’m a little skeptical that you aren’t exaggerating

If you’re trying to build muscle, then that’s an excessive amount of cardio to do everyday. Especially right after lifting. Muscular hypertrophy happens after lifting, when your body is resting and you’ve eaten plenty of protein.

With that said, if you’re really over 70 and really biking 40-50 miles everyday, that seems like too much in any circumstance and I’m a little skeptical that you aren’t exaggerating

That is a lot. Wish I could remember to use my weights more often

Keep on doing what you do. Your body will stay in good condition. You're in better shape than most 30 year Olds. People who tell you to ease back are envious.

Forum List

Back