Why doesn't Mormonism have much to say about its mother goddess?

Theosis ("deification," "divinization") is the process of a worshiper becoming free of hamartía ("missing the mark"), being united with God, beginning in this life and later consummated in bodily resurrection. For Orthodox Christians, Théōsis (see 2 Pet. 1:4) is salvation. Theosis - OrthodoxWiki

The other side of the argument can be found at Theosis - Theopedia an encyclopedia of Biblical Christianity

Remember: never let the far right social con heretical preachers tell you what is Christian doctrine. Surest way to go wrong.

No more loony than the militant atheists as well, Hollie. Sorry you guys were left out. It is good that you admitted you can't disprove the existence of God.
It's good you admitted you can't refute the disproof of your gawds.

But otherwise, it was a rare bit of honesty coming from the religiously crippled to read your comparison that "they're no more loony...."

And you we're right to do so, even though your admission was inadvertent. You also inadvertently supplied a compelling reason why your gawds fail even the most basic of proofs: no one can make a defendable case for why a book (one of dubious authorship, written by men many decades after the alleged events), in anyway supports the assertion of supernatural gawds.

So yeah, I can agree that the creation fables you were indoctrinated with, "they're no more loony...."

Theosis ("deification," "divinization") is the process of a worshiper becoming free of hamartía ("missing the mark"), being united with God, beginning in this life and later consummated in bodily resurrection. For Orthodox Christians, Théōsis (see 2 Pet. 1:4) is salvation. Theosis - OrthodoxWiki

The other side of the argument can be found at Theosis - Theopedia an encyclopedia of Biblical Christianity

Remember: never let the far right social con heretical preachers tell you what is Christian doctrine. Surest way to go wrong.
So, what is the test (the objective standards to be used to make a reasoned judgement) that separates your so-called "far right social con heretical preachers" from your militia of the far left bible thumping, hair-on-fire, brand of Benny Hinn "true Christian" charlatans?

Yup, Hollie is showing that she is as loony as any snake handling Pentecostal preacher. You can make some good showmanship money doing that. I don't have a "test". Do atheists have a test for those who claim agnosticism, tolerant atheism, and crazy atheism like yours?

Yup, Hollie is showing that she is as loony as any snake handling Pentecostal preacher. You can make some good showmanship money doing that. I don't have a "test". Do atheists have a test for those who claim agnosticism, tolerant atheism, and crazy atheism like yours?
I was certain you would shuffle off when required to support your pointless claims.

It's just comical when you extremists slam away at each other, both sides of the loony bin convinced that their version of religion, partisan gawds, dogma and interpretation of the dogma is the "true" version.

Anyone who has ever weed whacked their way through the landscape of religious extremism understands that those who refer to the competing loons as "far right social con heretical preachers" are typically just a competing version of "far left social con intellectual and emotional misfits who are similarly heretical preachers", just a more unstable and arrogant lot.

Any religion that says you Will become Gods is Satanic.

Mormons say they will become Gods.

It is in the bible as well.

Matthew 5:48
48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

John 17:20-22
20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;
21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.
22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:

1 John 3:2
2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

Last edited:
Hollie, like most militant atheist loonies, does not realize the reflection she sees in the asylum door of her brain is her own reflection.

Now to the OP. I suspect Mormons do not discuss their Mother in Heaven much is that the Rocky Mountain white pioneer patriarchy does not handle challenges well from the female side of the church. Witness Sonia Johnson or Kate Kelly. They gents would rather excommunicate than explicate.

Last edited:
Would not the God of love want the best for his children? If we are truly the Sons of God, then should we not grow up to be like our Father?

Would not the God of love want the best for his children? If we are truly the Sons of God, then should we not grow up to be like our Father?
And our Mother in Heaven, I suspect many of the LDS ladies would think.

I prefer the God Which encompasses the sacred feminine, too, since is God perfect.

Hollie, like most militant atheist loonies, does not realize the reflection she sees in the asylum door of her brain is her own reflection.
You poor, dear. I'm afraid you just get incensed when you're compared the "far right social con heretical preachers" you're so quick to criticize. What you can't fathom is that you "far left social con intellectual and emotional misfits" are simply the flip coin of intolerance, bigotry and self-hate that had come to define you christian extremists, Yet quite revealingly, you can offer not a shred of substantiation as to why your brand of religiously inspired hate and derision is any different from the very competing religionists you are compared to.

The Bible says:

John 10:34
34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?

Psalms 82:6
6 I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.

Romans 8:17
17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

Last edited:
Your insensate anger, Hollie, is beginning to show as it does every time you are corrected. :lol:

She does more damage to her cause than twenty devils do to that of God.

Last edited:

The Bible says:

John 10:34
34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?

Psalms 82:6
6 I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.
The bible doesn't 'say' anything.

It's a collection of myths written by men, consequently it's completely devoid of any 'authority.'

Your insensate anger, Hollie, is beginning to show as it does every time you are corrected. :lol:

She does more damage to her cause than twenty devils does to that of God.
I'm afraid your insensate rage leaves you too befuddled to address my earlier comments. It's a pattern with you extremists: when you're shown the ugly reflection of the hate, self-hate and derision you spew, you do tend to stutter and mumble wIth pointless banter, just as you're doing now. :)

According to revelation received in these latter days, the Lord has said:

Doctrine and Covenants 132:15-22
15 Therefore, if a man marry him a wife in the world, and he marry her not by me nor by my word, and he covenant with her so long as he is in the world and she with him, their covenant and marriage are not of force when they are dead, and when they are out of the world; therefore, they are not bound by any law when they are out of the world.

16 Therefore, when they are out of the world they neither marry nor are given in marriage; but are appointed angels in heaven, which angels are ministering servants, to minister for those who are worthy of a far more, and an exceeding, and an eternal weight of glory.

17 For these angels did not abide my law; therefore, they cannot be enlarged, but remain separately and singly, without exaltation, in their saved condition, to all eternity; and from henceforth are not gods, but are angels of God forever and ever.

18 And again, verily I say unto you, if a man marry a wife, and make a covenant with her for time and for all eternity, if that covenant is not by me or by my word, which is my law, and is not sealed by the Holy Spirit of promise, through him whom I have anointed and appointed unto this power, then it is not valid neither of force when they are out of the world, because they are not joined by me, saith the Lord, neither by my word; when they are out of the world it cannot be received there, because the angels and the gods are appointed there, by whom they cannot pass; they cannot, therefore, inherit my glory; for my house is a house of order, saith the Lord God.

19 And again, verily I say unto you, if a man marry a wife by my word, which is my law, and by the new and everlasting covenant, and it is sealed unto them by the Holy Spirit of promise, by him who is anointed, unto whom I have appointed this power and the keys of this priesthood; and it shall be said unto them—Ye shall come forth in the first resurrection; and if it be after the first resurrection, in the next resurrection; and shall inherit thrones, kingdoms, principalities, and powers, dominions, all heights and depths—then shall it be written in the Lamb’s Book of Life, that he shall commit no murder whereby to shed innocent blood, and if ye abide in my covenant, and commit no murder whereby to shed innocent blood, it shall be done unto them in all things whatsoever my servant hath put upon them, in time, and through all eternity; and shall be of full force when they are out of the world; and they shall pass by the angels, and the gods, which are set there, to their exaltation and glory in all things, as hath been sealed upon their heads, which glory shall be a fulness and a continuation of the seeds forever and ever.

20 Then shall they be gods, because they have no end; therefore shall they be from everlasting to everlasting, because they continue; then shall they be above all, because all things are subject unto them. Then shall they be gods, because they have all power, and the angels are subject unto them.

21 Verily, verily, I say unto you, except ye abide my law ye cannot attain to this glory.

22 For strait is the gate, and narrow the way that leadeth unto the exaltation and continuation of the lives, and few there be that find it, because ye receive me not in the world neither do ye know me.

She does more damage to her cause than twenty devils does to that of God.
I'm afraid your insensate rage leaves you too befuddled to address my earlier comments. It's a pattern with you extremists: when you're shown the ugly reflection of the hate, self-hate and derision you spew, you do tend to stutter and mumble wIth pointless banter, just as you're doing now. :)
Yup, you anger is getting the better of you, again. The cool people on the Board have Hollie out in atheistville and koshergrl lurking in the ruins of evangelical fundamentalism. We are surrounded. :lol:
Yup, your befuddlement leaves you dumbstruck and slack-jawed.

I understand your furious at seeing your own reflection of the hateful, religious zealot but you brought it on yourself. While it's pretty typical for you angry extremists to deride the competing religious sect as evil and not preaching to your skewed and debased version of religious extremism, you should be aware that you have long ago become the hateful, intolerant extremist you accuse others as being.

Consider yourself lucky that I'm here to guide you to the path of knowledge and wisdom. Religiously using your gawds to promote divisions and exclusion makes Jake a true christian but a lesser human. And I will acknowledge you are less than most.

Yup, your anger swells as does all your prose. Yup, you anger is getting the better of you, again. The cool people on the Board have Hollie out in atheistville and koshergrl lurking in the ruins of evangelical fundamentalism. We are surrounded.

I included the image this time you cut out.

Easter Bunnies.jpg

Yup, your anger swells as does all your prose. Yup, you anger is getting the better of you, again. The cool people on the Board have Hollie out in atheistville and koshergrl lurking in the ruins of evangelical fundamentalism. We are surrounded.

I included the image this time you cut out.

View attachment 38205
Aww. Poor emasculated Jake. She's reduced to cutting and pasting cartoons.

Forum List

Back