Why exactly are you unwilling to pay for other people's medical care?

... A healthier, better educated nation is a nation that can compete in the global marketplace. ...

The question is whether it's the job of government to make us healthier or better educated, or better at competing in the market place. I adamantly don't want government involved in those kinds of projects. I want a government that protects our freedom to pursue the levels of health, education and competitiveness that we want.
I think those questions were answered long ago

What is your answer to those questions?
Practically all state constitutions or statutes make the states responsible for public education and also regularization of healthcare. Federal health and aid to education are justified through the general welfare clause.

I'm very much NOT interested in existing statutes or constitutional interpretations. Nor do I care about predictions of what is likely or politically possible. I'm asking if you think it's a good idea to use government in this way. Do you think it's good government? Do you understand why I think it's not?
Yes, because government exists to serve the people, not the privileged few who would benefit from lower cost government.

The question is whether it's the job of government to make us healthier or better educated, or better at competing in the market place. I adamantly don't want government involved in those kinds of projects. I want a government that protects our freedom to pursue the levels of health, education and competitiveness that we want.

Practically all state constitutions or statutes make the states responsible for public education and also regularization of healthcare. Federal health and aid to education are justified through the general welfare clause.

I'm very much NOT interested in existing statutes or constitutional interpretations. Nor do I care about predictions of what is likely or politically possible. I'm asking if you think it's a good idea to use government in this way. Do you think it's good government? Do you understand why I think it's not?
Yes, because government exists to serve the people, not the privileged few who would benefit from lower cost government.

To serve them against their will?

Car insurance, seat-belt laws, traffic lights...

He means "serve" like a bad waitress in a third-rate diner, bringing you things you don't want and then demanding you pay the check anyway.

He means "serve" like a bad waitress in a third-rate diner, bringing you things you don't want and then demanding you pay the check anyway.
Has that been your experience with health insurance? You need a new insurer.

Has that been your experience with health insurance? You need a new insurer.
I had excellent health insurance, but then this happened:
obama-if-i-like-your-plan-you-can-keep-it.jpg

Wow, you guys sure do have a lot of Photoshops and carefully trimmed video clips.

The adults will be signing more people up for affordable health insurance.

Does Cecilie know what deductibles were like before the PPACA? Of course she doesn't.

Car insurance, seat-belt laws, traffic lights...

images

So we're now requiring people to have insurance just because they happen to be breathing?

Perhaps they should also be required to have a license to breed also.

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

Does Cecilie know what deductibles were like before the PPACA? Of course she doesn't.

I do. I also know that the copays have doubled since Obamacare went into effect while, prior to that, they changed very little the over 10 year time I've been there.

So we're now requiring people to have insurance just because they happen to be breathing?

And calling themselves U.S. citizens.

BTW, as a veteran, you might want to pay attention to this:

GOP Candidate Says Military Retirees Must Pay More for Health Care | Military.com

I do. I also know that the copays have doubled since Obamacare went into effect while, prior to that, they changed very little the over 10 year time I've been there.

Then you need to speak to your employer about choosing a different insurer for your group plan.

GOP Candidate Says Military Retirees Must Pay More for Health Care | Military.com

Then you need to speak to your employer about choosing a different insurer for your group plan.

It's the same with ALL of them and it didn't happen until Obamacare went into effect. Again, do you really want to keep saying you're not a Democrat?

It's the same with ALL of them...

No, it isn't. Whoever told you that is lying. Of course, you have the ability to check for yourself, but we both know you won't, so there you are.

images

It's nice to know that we now have such a free society with people like you around.

Were you going to answer the other question about obtaining a license to breed or is that next on the progressive agenda and you don't want to let the secret out quite yet?

"Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive."
C. S. Lewis

I already knew about the changes to the VA medical... Obviously the vets are going to have to start being paid more by giving them 5-10% pay increases, like a lot of the government employees not in the military think they need, to they can meet their obligations since the government wishes to keep cutting their benefits.

*****CHUCKLE*****

Were you going to answer the other question about obtaining a license to breed or is that next on the progressive agenda and you don't want to let the secret out quite yet?

Didn't realize you were serious about that. Okay, here's my opinion: Parenting classes should be taught in junior high. Not quite a "license to breed," but some valuable information that might stop kids from breeding too young. Something like this:

Baby dolls equipped to give students a realistic experience - Indiana Economic Digest

might be helpful, but only if boys have equal time with girls.

However, in an atmosphere where Christian extremists are trying their damnedest to make sure their children (and anyone else's) have absolutely NO information about reproduction, I don't see it happening, do you?

Didn't realize you were serious about that. Okay, here's my opinion: Parenting classes should be taught in junior high. Not quite a "license to breed," but some valuable information that might stop kids from breeding too young. Something like this:

Baby dolls equipped to give students a realistic experience - Indiana Economic Digest

might be helpful, but only if boys have equal time with girls.

However, in an atmosphere where Christian extremists are trying their damnedest to make sure their children (and anyone else's) have absolutely NO information about reproduction, I don't see it happening, do you?

images

Since you feel people require insurance just because they are breathing it should be easy to pass a law that requires people to get a license to breed... I believe there was a past president for a law similar to this in the past called...

Fortification Under Consent of the King.

This should be no problem for a bunch of progressives to enact... After all you have Planned Parenthood in place to enforce such a law.

"Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny."
Thomas Jefferson

*****CHUCKLE*****

Since you feel people require insurance...

No, that would be the law. Do you feel oppressed by auto insurance?

just because they are breathing...

...and living in the U.S. and calling themselves "Americans" and expecting the privileges of being Americans. You keep leaving that part out. Why?

it should be easy to pass a law that requires people to get a license to breed...

Since that's important to you, you'd better get busy.

Since you feel people require insurance...

No, that would be the law. Do you feel oppressed by auto insurance?

Then require everyone to get auto insurance also even if they don't have a vehicle.

...and living in the U.S. and calling themselves "Americans" and expecting the privileges of being Americans. You keep leaving that part out. Why?

You're the one who's bringing it up...

What privileges are they being given that concerns you so much?

it should be easy to pass a law that requires people to get a license to breed...

I expect a law like this in the making within the next decade or so therefore I can wait.

upload_2015-10-25_23-46-47.jpeg

*****CHUCKLE*****

Then require everyone to get auto insurance also even if they don't have a vehicle.
As soon as you require the noncorporeal to have health insurance.

You're the one who's bringing it up...

What privileges are they being given that concerns you so much?

The privilege of seeking healthcare from an American clinic or hospital without a concomitant ability to pay for it.

I expect a law like this in the making within the next decade or so therefore I can wait.

Fair enough!

Forum List

Back