Why haven't republicans explained their job growth strategy. Surely they had time...

Did I give the impression of being upset? Au Contraire Mademoiselle Monsieur Le Swine. You are who you are.

Nice deflection, care to answer the question? Oink Oink

What question? I'm guessing Squealer thought I objected to something? I applaud you for being who you are. Honest. How is that "objection"?

Then explain why anyone would bitch about my post? Come on cry baby you're all over the place, get your duckies in a row and try again.

Nice deflection, care to answer the question? Oink Oink

What question? I'm guessing Squealer thought I objected to something? I applaud you for being who you are. Honest. How is that "objection"?

Then explain why anyone would bitch about my post? Come on cry baby you're all over the place, get your duckies in a row and try again.

Who bitched? You keep wanting to argue and I'm applauding you for representing the right wing so very well.

If I went and looked, would the amount of money oil companies received in subsidies under Bush be more or less than the amount spent on food stamps?

And what does that have to do with job growth?

It's an example of what ails the country.

For instance:

Three million open jobs in U.S., but who's qualified? - CBS News

Nationwide, manufacturers say the lack of skilled workers is the reason for hundreds of thousands of unfilled jobs; a number Ryan Costella says is about to get bigger.

Ryan Costella: You have a massive wave of baby boomers who are leaving the workforce very soon.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WASHINGTON, D.C. | June 8, 2012 -
The Department of Labor reports 3.7 million jobs remain unfilled, despite the fact that nearly 13 million unemployed Americans are searching for work. Employers largely attribute this discrepancy to a lack of skilled workers, and many workers report the nation’s federal workforce development system is failing to provide the training and education they need to succeed.

The Fontana steel maker needs experienced electrical and mechanical technicians to help it make metal pipes and flat-roll sheets used in construction projects. The pay is good. An industrial maintenance mechanic can make $64,000 a year plus health benefits. In good years, company profit-sharing can boost pay by $5,000.

Still, California Steel is struggling to fill 18 openings.

ICYMI: Jobs for skilled workers are going unfilled | Education & the Workforce Committee

----------------------------------------------------

Recent estimates are now more than 4 million. Look at Scott Walker in Wisconsin. He cut two billion from education and then boasted that his state has a billion dollar surplus. Well of course. He cut two billion from education. So why aren't businesses moving to Wisconsin? Some businesses have said because there is a lack of skilled workers and said they don't have the funds to pay to educate workers. When he cut education, it wasn't just middle school and high school. Technical Schools and technical programs were hit very hard.

This is also why business is pushing for immigrants with degrees.

All of this could be solved if Republicans weren't blocking everything in an effort to destroy this president. And that is the single biggest problem facing the country today.

Do we ever get Republicans on the USMB to say they think education investment in technical schools and Jr. College is a "good idea"?

Don't play dumb. You and I both know that in a previous thread you argued with Faun that printing money increases GDP. A shocking display of ignorance.

I never denied that printing money increases GDP. I thought I had just backed up that point outright. What do you think GDP is? It's the value of goods and services. If the govt. prints $500 billion in money, and the benefactors produce $300 billion in goods and services with that money, then GDP has went up $300 billion. But that doesn't mean that there isn't $200 billion in waste.

That's why, GDP is a better measure when accounted inflation. A two percent increase in GDP does not mean that the economy improved two percent even on a superficial level. The inflation needs to be accounted for. Furthermore, if you've done massive borrowing/printing money, you've effectively lessened your prospects long term. The idiots who argue that the stimulus was good are making arguments akin to buying a TV on a credit card and saying that it's all good. No, you just created a non return on investment and you've racked up your debt.

Um no GDP is a measure of economic activity. Not currency itself. Get a clue.

And no inflation is already accounted for when GDP is calculated. This is pretty basic. :eusa_whistle:

Actually, as a rule GDP never accounts for inflation unless it says 'GDP adjusted with inflation' And that's why politicians point to increased GDP (without inflation) as a measure of progress. It impresses unsuspecting rubes like yourself. And that also, btw, is why GDP just goes up as a rule; regardless of whether it is a 'good economy' or 'bad economy.' So, yea. You are the one who should get a clue.

Most job openings are geared towards a higher allocation of business visas who work longer hours for less money and no benefits.
You can't tell me that Lord and Taylor can't find a cashier anywhere but India.

Who bitched? You keep wanting to argue and I'm applauding you for representing the right wing so very well.

You brought it up in post #26 and I quote "Seems like the same asswipes like Stephanie and Frank never bitch about your kind."

Now explain why they would bitch about someone using accurate terms?

...to lay out their plan in their SOTU response. Wouldn't that have been a good time?

Hmm maybe it's because they don't have one? Perhaps I missed it, Any repub want to fill me in?

Stop Obama.

That will work just fine.

Restoring the American Dream: Economy & Jobs - GOP

Job Creation: Getting Americans Back to Work (Top)

The best jobs program is economic growth. We do not offer yet another made-in-Washington package of subsidies and spending to create temporary or artificial jobs. We want much more than that. We want a roaring job market to match a roaring economy. Instead, what this Administration has given us is 42 consecutive months of unemployment above 8 percent, the longest period of high unemployment since the Great Depression. Republicans will pursue free market policies that are the surest way to boost employment and create job growth and economic prosperity for all.

In all the sections that follow, as well as elsewhere in this platform, we explain what must be done to achieve that goal. The tax system must be simplified. Government spending and regulation must be reined in. American companies must be more competitive in the world market, and we must be aggressive in promoting U.S. products abroad and securing open markets for them. A federal-State-private partnership must invest in the nation’s infrastructure: roads, bridges, airports, ports, and water systems, among others. Federal training programs have to be overhauled and made relevant for the workplace of the twenty-first century. Potential employers need certainty and predictability for their hiring decisions, and the team of a Republican President and Congress will create the confidence that will get Americans back to work.

For instance:

Nationwide, manufacturers say the lack of skilled workers is the reason for hundreds of thousands of unfilled jobs; a number Ryan Costella says is about to get bigger.

Ryan Costella: You have a massive wave of baby boomers who are leaving the workforce very soon.

The Department of Labor reports 3.7 million jobs remain unfilled, despite the fact that nearly 13 million unemployed Americans are searching for work. Employers largely attribute this discrepancy to a lack of skilled workers, and many workers report the nation’s federal workforce development system is failing to provide the training and education they need to succeed.

The Fontana steel maker needs experienced electrical and mechanical technicians to help it make metal pipes and flat-roll sheets used in construction projects. The pay is good. An industrial maintenance mechanic can make $64,000 a year plus health benefits. In good years, company profit-sharing can boost pay by $5,000.

ICYMI: Jobs for skilled workers are going unfilled | Education & the Workforce Committee

Recent estimates are now more than 4 million. Look at Scott Walker in Wisconsin. He cut two billion from education and then boasted that his state has a billion dollar surplus. Well of course. He cut two billion from education. So why aren't businesses moving to Wisconsin? Some businesses have said because there is a lack of skilled workers and said they don't have the funds to pay to educate workers. When he cut education, it wasn't just middle school and high school. Technical Schools and technical programs were hit very hard.

All of this could be solved if Republicans weren't blocking everything in an effort to destroy this president. And that is the single biggest problem facing the country today.

Do we ever get Republicans on the USMB to say they think education investment in technical schools and Jr. College is a "good idea"?

Of course it is a good idea you and your liberal friends lie with your innuendo. Have you ever told us when you plan on stop beating your dog?

Retraining is in the RNC platform I provided a link.

Billy didn't want to have a plan explained to him, he just wanted to keep perpetrating his lies on the economy and jobs.

More Americans are out of work than ever before and he keeps blathering his BS.

Job Creation: Getting Americans Back to Work (Top)

The best jobs program is economic growth. We do not offer yet another made-in-Washington package of subsidies and spending to create temporary or artificial jobs. We want much more than that. We want a roaring job market to match a roaring economy. Instead, what this Administration has given us is 42 consecutive months of unemployment above 8 percent, the longest period of high unemployment since the Great Depression. Republicans will pursue free market policies that are the surest way to boost employment and create job growth and economic prosperity for all.

In all the sections that follow, as well as elsewhere in this platform, we explain what must be done to achieve that goal. The tax system must be simplified. Government spending and regulation must be reined in. American companies must be more competitive in the world market, and we must be aggressive in promoting U.S. products abroad and securing open markets for them. A federal-State-private partnership must invest in the nation’s infrastructure: roads, bridges, airports, ports, and water systems, among others. Federal training programs have to be overhauled and made relevant for the workplace of the twenty-first century. Potential employers need certainty and predictability for their hiring decisions, and the team of a Republican President and Congress will create the confidence that will get Americans back to work.

If we weren't subject to the World Trade Organization and we didn't have a non-reciprocated Free Trade Agreement with China, I would almost take this bull seriously.

If we weren't subject to the World Trade Organization and we didn't have a non-reciprocated Free Trade Agreement with China, I would almost take this bull seriously.

I don't believe either side has anything that will work I am not sure it can be fixed. Billy implied that the RNC didn't at least have a plan and they do whether it works or will even be implemented we can only wait to see. Now Billy will say "why didn't they put that in the response to the SOTU." To that I say, the democrats have had power for 7 years and have pretty much done nothing so why does he care now and only cares about Republicans and what they are going to do?

I don't believe either side has anything that will work I am not sure it can be fixed. Billy implied that the RNC didn't at least have a plan and they do whether it works or will even be implemented we can only wait to see. Now Billy will say "why didn't they put that in the response to the SOTU." To that I say, the democrats have had power for 7 years and have pretty much done nothing so why does he care now and only cares about Republicans and what they are going to do?

Since Clinton, neither party has been doing the US any favors.
Anyone who is an absolute partisan is a blind fool.

Since Clinton, neither party has been doing the US any favors.
Anyone who is an absolute partisan is a blind fool.

We should fire them all through the ballot box. Only problem is that most people think it is every representative except their own. How else does Waxman stay in office so long?

I never denied that printing money increases GDP. I thought I had just backed up that point outright. What do you think GDP is? It's the value of goods and services. If the govt. prints $500 billion in money, and the benefactors produce $300 billion in goods and services with that money, then GDP has went up $300 billion. But that doesn't mean that there isn't $200 billion in waste.

That's why, GDP is a better measure when accounted inflation. A two percent increase in GDP does not mean that the economy improved two percent even on a superficial level. The inflation needs to be accounted for. Furthermore, if you've done massive borrowing/printing money, you've effectively lessened your prospects long term. The idiots who argue that the stimulus was good are making arguments akin to buying a TV on a credit card and saying that it's all good. No, you just created a non return on investment and you've racked up your debt.

And no inflation is already accounted for when GDP is calculated. This is pretty basic. :eusa_whistle:

Actually, as a rule GDP never accounts for inflation unless it says 'GDP adjusted with inflation' And that's why politicians point to increased GDP (without inflation) as a measure of progress. It impresses unsuspecting rubes like yourself. And that also, btw, is why GDP just goes up as a rule; regardless of whether it is a 'good economy' or 'bad economy.' So, yea. You are the one who should get a clue.

As a rule? From who? Why should people follow this rule? You are just making shit up and you know it.

Tell me why is it that NO ONE on this board can't dispute my thread with facts with sources?

For instance:

Absolutely, every state should encourage their college systems to work with employers to tailor their curriculum to local needs. The feds have no place in the process.

As a rule? From who? Why should people follow this rule? You are just making shit up and you know it.

Tell me why is it that NO ONE on this board can't dispute my thread with facts with sources?

The only thing worse than one being so ignorant; is one belligerently piling onto his ignorance with ignorant taunts. Yes, it's the focking rule (of thumb) that GDP growth does not account for inflation unless otherwise stated. Go ahead and google/google images search for US GDP by year (chart) and you will see chart after chart that is not accounted for inflation.

And building off my former counterpoints to you, billy boy. The US GDP was 293.7 billion. In 2012, it was 15,684.8 billion (15.6848 trillion). That's a 5,340 percent 'improvement' based upon your naive GDP application. Now, do you think the economy is 5,340 percent better from then to now? What would this be based upon besides your naive GDP application? So, when you come at me, saying well GDP actually went up 2 percent after Obama's 'stimulus' maybe you should know that someone who understands economics (not [MENTION=2926]Toro[/MENTION]) is not going to be impressed like some brain dead idiot like yourself and [MENTION=2926]Toro[/MENTION].

The only thing worse than one being so ignorant; is one belligerently piling onto his ignorance with ignorant taunts. Yes, it's the focking rule (of thumb) that GDP growth does not account for inflation unless otherwise stated. Go ahead and google/google images search for US GDP by year (chart) and you will see chart after chart that is not accounted for inflation.

Gasbag, you are so wrong, it's hilarious. And what makes it hilarious is that you are so ignorant yet you are calling everyone out. Everyone who knows even a smattering of economics knows that GDP is reported adjusted for inflation.

Presented only quarterly, GDP is most often presented on an annualized percent basis. Most of the individual data sets will also be given in real terms, meaning that the data is adjusted for price changes, and is therefore net of inflation.

http://www.investopedia.com/university/releases/gdp.asp

The word "real" is the first word in the BEA press release.

Real gross domestic product -- the output of goods and services produced by labor and property located in the United States -- increased at an annual rate of 3.2 percent in the fourth quarter of 2013 ... In the third quarter, real GDP increased 4.1 percent.

News Release: Gross Domestic Product

Now, notice how all these news outlets report "GDP."

USA Today reports changes in GDP in real numbers, but they don't say "real GDP." It's implied.

The U.S. economy grew at a solid 3.2% annual clip in the fourth quarter, setting the stage for significantly stronger growth in 2014.

Economy grows at 3.2% pace in fourth quarter

As does FoxNews

Consumer spending recorded its strongest gain in three years in the fourth quarter, helping to lift the economy to a 3.2 percent annual growth rate during that period.

Consumer Spending Rises, Personal Income Flat | Fox Business

As does Brietbart

The Commerce Department reported Thursday that GDP growth dropped to 3.2% in the 4th Quarter. While generally a healthy number, it is a dramatic drop from 3rd Quarter growth, which was 4.1% on an annualized basis.

Economic Growth Drops to 3.2% in 4th Quarter

As does CNN

Gross domestic product -- the broadest measure of economic activity -- grew at a 3.2% annual pace in the fourth quarter, according to a Commerce Department report. That figure beat economists' expectations, and although it's not indicative of gangbusters growth, the data seems to show the economy is moving forward modestly. GDP rose at a 4.1% clip in the third quarter.

Economy grew solidly in fourth quarter - Jan. 30, 2014

As does the Wall Street Journal

Gross domestic product, the broadest measure of goods and services churned out by the economy, grew at a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 3.2% in the fourth quarter, the Commerce Department said. That was less than the third quarter's 4.1% pace, but overall the final six months of the year delivered the strongest second half since 2003, when the economy was thriving.

U.S. GDP Advances 3.2% in 4th Quarter - WSJ.com

As does CNBC

Gross domestic product grew at a 3.2 percent annual rate, the Commerce Department said, in line with expectations. While that was a slowdown from the third-quarter's brisk 4.1 percent pace, it was a far stronger performance than earlier anticipated and was welcome news in light of a 0.3 percentage point drag from October's partial government shutdown and a much smaller contribution to growth from a restocking by businesses.

jobless claims jump, growth disappoints

See, gasbag? None of those news outlets reports "real GDP." They are reporting GDP because everyone knows that "real GDP" is implied when "GDP" is reported.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back