Why haven't republicans explained their job growth strategy. Surely they had time...

Don't play dumb. You and I both know that in a previous thread you argued with Faun that printing money increases GDP. A shocking display of ignorance.

I never denied that printing money increases GDP. I thought I had just backed up that point outright. What do you think GDP is? It's the value of goods and services. If the govt. prints $500 billion in money, and the benefactors produce $300 billion in goods and services with that money, then GDP has went up $300 billion. But that doesn't mean that there isn't $200 billion in waste.

That's why, GDP is a better measure when accounted inflation. A two percent increase in GDP does not mean that the economy improved two percent even on a superficial level. The inflation needs to be accounted for. Furthermore, if you've done massive borrowing/printing money, you've effectively lessened your prospects long term. The idiots who argue that the stimulus was good are making arguments akin to buying a TV on a credit card and saying that it's all good. No, you just created a non return on investment and you've racked up your debt.

Um no GDP is a measure of economic activity. Not currency itself. Get a clue.

And no inflation is already accounted for when GDP is calculated. This is pretty basic. :eusa_whistle:

LOL.

GDP is a measurement of economic production, as in how much an economy produces in goods, measured in value by the total amount of whatever currency in the country its being measured for.

Last edited:
Do I really need to explain this again? The economy LOST 5 million jobs. The stimulus created 2.5 million. I already made the point that the bill was TOO SMALL. Had it been bigger like it was supposed to be, we would be out of this mess and the unemployment rate would be better.

really....? ....then why is the Bureau of Labor Statistics' chart flat as a pancake from 2010 on....?

I NEVER SAID THE RECOVERY ACT IMPROVED THE UNEMPLOYMENT RATE PERCENTAGE OVER TIME. We lost more than we gained asshole but we still gained. It's just a shame the stimulus wasn't bigger.

Game over.

You just said it created or saved 2.5 million jobs. Now you're saying it didn't improve the unemployment rate "over time", which suggests that it DIDN'T create or save that amount. You suggested that it had an immediate impact from the moment it was passed. Therefore this is a contradiction.

/thread

Last edited:
Random googling. Always a classic USMB tactic.

Why am I not surprised you went against my wishes and posted biased crap like the Gateway? That graph measures GDP. It says nothing about job growth which is the topic of our conversation you idiot. Oh, and by the way. The Recovery Act increased our GDP by 2%.

what job growth.....? i don't see any of that either....

Employment-Population-Ratio-2013-425x255.png

Do I really need to explain this again? The economy LOST 5 million jobs. The stimulus created 2.5 million. I already made the point that the bill was TOO SMALL. Had it been bigger like it was supposed to be, we would be out of this mess and the unemployment rate would be better.

Not to mention total Pub obstruction the last 4 years, and every phony debt ceiling crisis and shutdown threat costing at least 0.6 per cent...great, job, a-holes...

really....? ....then why is the Bureau of Labor Statistics' chart flat as a pancake from 2010 on....?

I NEVER SAID THE RECOVERY ACT IMPROVED THE UNEMPLOYMENT RATE PERCENTAGE OVER TIME. We lost more than we gained asshole but we still gained. It's just a shame the stimulus wasn't bigger.

no matter how much hooey you can spew....it still looks to me like jobs took a dive and never recoverd....

The UE was 10.3 per cent in 10/2009, when the stimulus turned it around, as everyone but the brainwashed Rush/Beck/Hannity bots know...now 6.7. AND 8 MILLION MORE JOBS, BSBOT.

Growth the second half of 2013 was 3.2, would've been 4.2 without the shutdown thing...a-holes.

Last edited:
The UE was 10.3 per cent in 10/2009, when the stimuus turned it around, as everyone but the brainwashed Rush/Beck/Hannity bots know...now 6.7.

Growth the second half of 2013 was 3.2, would've been 4.2 without the shutdown thing...a-holes.

the 6.7% does not reflect large numbers of people who have fallen out of the employment picture for one reason or another....that's why i specifically used the chart for employment to population ratio....a bit harder to misrepresent that chart...you will notice the total working part of the population has not yet exceeded even 59%....

The UE was 10.3 per cent in 10/2009, when the stimulus turned it around, as everyone but the brainwashed Rush/Beck/Hannity bots know...now 6.7. AND 8 MILLION MORE JOBS, BSBOT.

The stimulus was passed 7 months earlier. It was designed to have an immediate impact. Not only didn't it have an impact, UE didn't drop below 9% for THE NEXT TWO YEARS.

a JOBS INFRASTRUCTURE Act is what we need. Everyone knows it, including a-hole Pubs...oh right, the dupes don't know a gd thing...investing in the country is taboo, because it'll add to the debt- a shorter sighted cult there's never been...

"( Noam Chomsky) told Radio VR during an interview posted online last week that he agreed with the conservative political analyst Norman Ornsteins' characterization of the Tea Party.

“He described them as a radical insurgency opposed to rationality, to political compromise, to participation in a parliamentary system — in fact, with no positive goals themselves."

Noam Chomsky: The Tea Party is the ?petit bourgeois? face of corporate oligarchs | The Raw Story

The stimulus was passed 7 months earlier. It was designed to have an immediate impact. Not only didn't it have an impact, UE didn't drop below 9% for THE NEXT TWO YEARS.

The stock market collapse reversed within weeks of the stimulus
Negative GDP reversed the quarter after the stimulus
Unemployment bottomed out and went positive within weeks of the stimulus

Stimulus was a success ....the only problem was it was too small

Stupid fuck....the GOP only controls the HoR. The Senate and White House are overrun with scumbags like you.

As for our economic strategy....lower taxes and get the EPA/NLRB/DOJ out of the way of companies.

Also....get rid of obamacare if you want to STIMULATE the economy, shitstain.

...to lay out their plan in their SOTU response. Wouldn't that have been a good time?

Hmm maybe it's because they don't have one? Perhaps I missed it, Any repub want to fill me in?

The UE was 10.3 per cent in 10/2009, when the stimuus turned it around, as everyone but the brainwashed Rush/Beck/Hannity bots know...now 6.7.

the 6.7% does not reflect large numbers of people who have fallen out of the employment picture for one reason or another....that's why i specifically used the chart for employment to population ratio....a bit harder to misrepresent that chart...you will notice the total working part of the population has not yet exceeded even 59%....

You mean misrepresent all the retirees and people going on disability....love the way the GOP starts a DEPRESSION, THEN screw up the recovery, and bitch about Obama's policies- which he hasn't been able to pass for four years, and call him a DICTATOR lol. Pub dupes...absolute insanity.

Game over.

You just said it created or saved 2.5 million jobs. Now you're saying it didn't improve the unemployment rate "over time", which suggests that it DIDN'T create or save that amount. You suggested that it had an immediate impact from the moment it was passed. Therefore this is a contradiction.

/thread

Yes I do realize you are terrible at math. Yes Obama can create 2.5 million jobs and more jobs be lost. I never said Obama fixed the economy. I just said it worked. 2.5 million jobs created. HAD IT BEEN BIGGER like it was meant to be, we would be out of this mess or at least a lot closer.

When are you going to pull your head out of your ass and realize the mulatto messiah has no plan to raise the standing of the US in the world, he has done every thing in his power to do just the opposite, all the while talking out of the other side of his mouth.

Seems like the same asswipes like Stephanie and Frank never bitch about your kind.

Poor baby, I thought the left was all about celebrating multiculturalism, why do you object to a term that accurately describes your dear leaders biracial heritage?

Did I give the impression of being upset? Au Contraire Mademoiselle Monsieur Le Swine. You are who you are.

...to lay out their plan in their SOTU response. Wouldn't that have been a good time?

Hmm maybe it's because they don't have one? Perhaps I missed it, Any repub want to fill me in?

Tax breaks for the wealthy job creators. Because the tax breaks they have haven't worked yet.

Poor baby, I thought the left was all about celebrating multiculturalism, why do you object to a term that accurately describes your dear leaders biracial heritage?

Because you pointing it out for no relevant reason makes you a pathetic bigot.

And see you're wrong again, a bigot has a dislike for a group of people because of a specific trait. I only have a major dislike against this one piece of marxist mulatto chicago gutter trash. Kind of like you and GWB. But me calling maobama a mulatto is no more bigoted than your kind calling Chrisite fat.

Yea, it's exactly the same. I have to admit, you represent. Good for you. Whether you are Republican or not, you are exactly how I see the majority of Republicans.

Its not really our fault that you dont want to listen to "Get the government out of the way"

If I went and looked, would the amount of money oil companies received in subsidies under Bush be more or less than the amount spent on food stamps?

What subsidies do oil companies receive? Be very specific.

You don't really expect rdean to answer that do you?

But I will:

But look at the breakdown (in 'oil subsidies). The single largest expenditure is just over $1 billion for the Strategic Petroleum Reserve, which is designed to protect the U.S. from oil shortages. The second largest category is just under $1 billion in tax exemptions for farm fuel. The justification for that tax exemption is that fuel taxes pay for roads, and the farm equipment that benefits from the tax exemption is technically not supposed to be using the roads. The third largest category? $570 million for the Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program. (This program is classified as a petroleum subsidy because it artificially reduces the price of fuel, which helps oil companies sell more of it). Those three programs account for $2.5 billion a year in “oil subsidies.”
The Surprising Reason That Oil Subsidies Persist: Even Liberals Love Them - Forbes

The rest is not in direct outlay but in the form of a tax deduction that every corporation involved in manufacturing receives in return for keeping manufacturing processes here in the USA instead of outsourcing them somewhere else.

Few industries in the USA provide more jobs than does big oil. So Democrats, where is your plan to boost big oil and more job production there?

Right wingers insist on endless posting of the same facts over and over again and still, the facts simply don't "take".

Bureaucratic Blunder helps over 100 Oil Companies Avoid Paying Royalties

America's Most Obvious Tax Reform Idea: Kill the Oil and Gas Subsidies

It reminds of Republicans who think Obama was slow bringing aid to the victims of Katrina. Or Republicans who now say Bush never tried to make a connection between al Qaeda and Iraq. Or Republicans who say the Iraq invasion was the fault of Democrats. The list is endless. Every single GOP disaster and fiasco, they refuse to take any responsibility for.

In fact, get this, the ONLY thing they will take credit for is taking out Bin Laden, someone they let go and stopped looking for.

C.I.A. Closes Unit Focused on Capture of bin Laden

When you look at the terrible debacles this country has suffered since 2001, you can't get right wingers to admit to being at fault for a single one.

Seems like the same asswipes like Stephanie and Frank never bitch about your kind.

Did I give the impression of being upset? Au Contraire Mademoiselle Monsieur Le Swine. You are who you are.

Nice deflection, care to answer the question? Oink Oink

Nice deflection, care to answer the question? Oink Oink

What question? I'm guessing Squealer thought I objected to something? I applaud you for being who you are. Honest. How is that "objection"?

Forum List

Back