🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Why haven't the conservatives in Congress cut short their vacation to deal with Iraq?

Because they know damned well that Dingy Harry is not going to bring the Senate back so anything the House might do is not effective at this time.

Let me know when you can figure out a way to get money out of politics in a capitalist nation.
Vote for public financing.

In 2008, Mr. Obama became the first major-party nominee to forgo public funding for both the nominating and general election stages. Had he participated in the public financing system, he would have been limited to spending $50.5 million during the nominating process, in addition to the $84.1 million he would have received for the general election. Apparently, he didn't like the idea of public financing.
So?

I admit that I'm late to this argument, but I don't see that he lied. In the House of Representatives, 215 Republicans voted for the resolution while 6 opposed it. 82 Democrats voted for it while 126 voted against it. In the Senate, 48 Republicans voted for it while 1 was against, and 29 Democrats voted for it while 21 voted no.

The Democrats who voted for it were: Sens. Lincoln (D-AR), Feinstein (D-CA), Dodd (D-CT), Lieberman (D-CT), Biden (D-DE), Carper (D-DE), Nelson (D-FL), Cleland (D-GA), Miller (D-GA), Bayh (D-IN), Harkin (D-IA), Breaux (D-LA), Mary Landrieu (D-LA), Kerry (D-MA), Carnahan (D-MO), Baucus (D-MT), Nelson (D-NE), Reid (D-NV), Torricelli (D-NJ), Clinton (D-NY), Schumer (D-NY), Edwards (D-NC), Dorgan (D-ND), Hollings (D-SC), Daschle (D-SD), Johnson (D-SD), Cantwell (D-WA), Rockefeller (D-WV), and Kohl (D-WI).

You can look it up, if you like.

Again, it wasn't a declaration of war. It was a resolution giving Bush the power to invade as a last resort, if all diplomatic efforts failed and if the inspectors determined there were WMDs.

It was sold at the time as a resolution to not tie the president's hands, not to go to war.

Ah, so it isn't a factual debate, it's parsing words. Ok, I understand now. Carry on.
If it was a declaration of war, then prove it.

Produce a document that declares war against Iraq.

I'll wait. :lol:

True, but the budget still has to get through the Senate, even after it's passed by the House. When was the last budget approved by the Senate before December 2013?
We're not talking about a budget.

How many continuing resolutions did the Republicans pass under Bush to keep the war money flowing, all off-book so they could dump it on the next president?

Spending bills have to ORIGINATE in the House, but do you believe that means the Senate doesn't vote to approve or reject them?
OK - where is Boehner and his House majority? Why aren't they authorizing funding for these missions in Iraq?

We're not talking about a budget.

How many continuing resolutions did the Republicans pass under Bush to keep the war money flowing, all off-book so they could dump it on the next president?

Spending bills have to ORIGINATE in the House, but do you believe that means the Senate doesn't vote to approve or reject them?
OK - where is Boehner and his House majority? Why aren't they authorizing funding for these missions in Iraq?

Get real.

The House has passed hundreds of spending bills that never get debated in the Senate because of Dingy Harry. What good would it do them to reconvene without the Senate?

:evil:

Get real.

The House has passed hundreds of spending bills that never get debated in the Senate because of Dingy Harry. What good would it do them to reconvene without the Senate?

:evil:

Bullshit. They haven't passed hundreds of any kinds of bills.

Please point to any clean bills that have been sent to the Senate.

Do you need a definition of a clean bill? It's a highway bill that sticks to highway issues and doesn't also try to also defund Planned Parenthood.

Boehner opening a bottle will not accomplish anything; US military are doing well, this a PLANNED mission. The Kurds are taking back towns, biggest assault today, we are not the servants of King Abdullah anymore, and the free world is again behind the USA! Beautiful.

Show us.. Show us ...

20,000 YAZIDIS* freed, Kurds are breaking through ISIS lines, good news is only harsh on some Americans. We put togther a WORKING coalition THIS time.

Humanitarian groups and the UN should be working to get people out.. If we want to support that mission in US dollars, fine.. I support that.. FUND it but this BULLSHIT invasion of Iraqi airspace and killing people will solve NOTHING.

The Kurds freed the Yazidis with US & UK military equipment and intelligence. I salute the brave Kurds, pray their successes continue. Though most Kurds are Muslim, unlike Yazidis, both share ethnic & cultural bonds that extend beyond religion.

Let me know when you can figure out a way to get money out of politics in a capitalist nation.

Very simple. No entity which cannot vote in an election can donate to a candidate. Donors may only donate to an individual if they are already an announced candidate for an office and may only donate $250 per office per year and may only donate to one candidate per office.

So, for a US Senate race, an individual could only donate $1500 per election cycle. Even then it would only be that large IF the donor is an eligible voter in that state for all 6 years, the candidate announces their intent to run as soon as the prior election finishes, and the donor doesn't donate anythung to a rival candidate.

How simple will it be to pass a law that states that ?

A lot simpler than preventing the Supreme Curt from brooming it!

You have reduced your contribution to this board to being nothing be a troll.

First of all it was a bipartian vote to go to war in Iraq, you know that, thus you lie.

Second, almost all the senior democrats backed the war in Iraq, you know that, thus you lie.

Thirdly it is the responsibility of the POTUS to handle thise situation at least short term. you know that, thus you lie.

Bottom line, you lie.

You keep trying to perpetuate THAT lie.

I admit that I'm late to this argument, but I don't see that he lied. In the House of Representatives, 215 Republicans voted for the resolution while 6 opposed it. 82 Democrats voted for it while 126 voted against it. In the Senate, 48 Republicans voted for it while 1 was against, and 29 Democrats voted for it while 21 voted no.

The Democrats who voted for it were: Sens. Lincoln (D-AR), Feinstein (D-CA), Dodd (D-CT), Lieberman (D-CT), Biden (D-DE), Carper (D-DE), Nelson (D-FL), Cleland (D-GA), Miller (D-GA), Bayh (D-IN), Harkin (D-IA), Breaux (D-LA), Mary Landrieu (D-LA), Kerry (D-MA), Carnahan (D-MO), Baucus (D-MT), Nelson (D-NE), Reid (D-NV), Torricelli (D-NJ), Clinton (D-NY), Schumer (D-NY), Edwards (D-NC), Dorgan (D-ND), Hollings (D-SC), Daschle (D-SD), Johnson (D-SD), Cantwell (D-WA), Rockefeller (D-WV), and Kohl (D-WI).

You can look it up, if you like.

So it looks like the majority of Democrats were against it in both houses.

You can also look up how the Bush administration said that Iraq was behind 9/11, that they had a nuclear capability and were ready to use it on America and that if you did not vote on the authorization to give Bush the use of military force, you were siding with the Terrorists.

That all really happened.

This was a Republican undertaking.

Why haven't they cut short their vacation, LIKE..SAY THE PRESIDENT.

Where are these guys??

Has ISIS attacked us?

Is anyone in the House in the military chain of command?

Is this the one time obama didn't go golfing/fundraising and you are finally calling others slackers for not doing their job and showing your constant hypocrassy?

didn't one of you phaggoted leftist tell me that the Pres can communicate from anywhere and he doesn't need to be there to lead...

ISIS has threatened the United States.

They've made it very clear they have goals outside the middle east.

When the obama bombed Syria and libya the left never mentioned congress getting involved at all. I find it quite hypoctcical of the left to do so now. Besides military action in Iraq has already been approved by Congress by a bi-partisan vote.

What is going on in Iraq is all obama's fault and all obama's responsibilty to take short term action, his action, throw a few bombs in and go on vacation.

Obama didn't bomb Syria.

And the right wanted to vote for that.

When Obama said, "Sure".

Congress said, "But we can't cut our vacation, short!"

Good thing Putin jumped in and saved everyone the trouble. How's that evil dictator Assad doing? You know--the one Obama and his pals all said needs to go ?

It was a good thing.

I liked when Kerry put out that off handed remark about destroying the chemical weapons and Putin jump in like Pavlov's dog trying to get a cookie.

:D

You can also look up how the Bush administration said that Iraq was behind 9/11, that they had a nuclear capability and were ready to use it on America and that if you did not vote on the authorization to give Bush the use of military force, you were siding with the Terrorists.

Alll of this is a lie, and you know it.

Alll of this is a lie, and you know it.

Really?

Cheney on Al Qaeda/Iraq involvement:

Bush links Al Qaeda and Iraq along with stating that Iraq has nuclear capability.

You are with us or you are with the Terrorists:

I mean this stuff is easy to find.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum List

Back