Why haven't the conservatives in Congress cut short their vacation to deal with Iraq?

This was a Republican undertaking.

Why haven't they cut short their vacation, LIKE..SAY THE PRESIDENT.

Where are these guys??

Republican undertaking ?? It was a US undertaking your ass wipe,why are people like yourself so damn dishonest?? why is that ?

Obama pulled out of Iraq to appease you Liberal assholes.
Now he's resumed bombing - i.e. didn't finish the job Bush started. Remember you idiots saying, "there's no terrorists in Iraq."
Now it's the Republican's fault?
Where's the current Commander In Chump?
Doesn't the buck stop with that asshole?

Well, it's pretty hypocritical Sallow bringing up Republicans going on vacation when OBAMA IS ON VACATION TOO! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Liberals are so laser focused on their hate for conservatives they can't see the obvious.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Where are these guys??

Republican undertaking ?? It was a US undertaking your ass wipe,why are people like yourself so damn dishonest?? why is that ?

And I posted the list of Democrats who voted for it, including JOHN KERRY AND HILLARY CLINTON!

Ooops! I bet Kerry and Hillary doesn't like that being brought up, again!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Now he's resumed bombing - i.e. didn't finish the job Bush started. Remember you idiots saying, "there's no terrorists in Iraq."

Well, it's pretty hypocritical Sallow bringing up Republicans going on vacation when OBAMA IS ON VACATION TOO! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Liberals are so laser focused on their hate for conservatives they can't see the obvious.

Here's a newsflash for ya, TP.

Obama cut his vacation short to work on this.

Republicans in Congress? Naw.

Couldn't have that.

And Obama STILL has less vacation time in than President Bush.

:D

Where are these guys??

And I posted the list of Democrats who voted for it, including JOHN KERRY AND HILLARY CLINTON!

Bring up what?

That they were lied too?

Ms. Clinton has addressed that as well and said it was a mistake to vote to give President Bush the authorization to use military force.

Couldn't have that.

Yeah nice try Sallow:

Supporters of Barack Obama tout his dedication to the responsibilities of the presidency by noting that he had taken 96 days of vacation at the point in his term that President George W. Bush had taken a reported 335.

But they admit that 51 of Bush’s trips were to his Texas ranch, while records show that Obama’s destinations have ranged from exotic European and African locales to pricey digs to Hawaii, where he’s sometimes traveled separately from his family, effectively doubling transportation costs for taxpayers.

Disturbing truth behind Obama?s travel madness

And while Bush spent more time outside of Washington than Obama, it is also worth nothing that nearly all of Bush's vacations were trips back to his Texas ranch or family vacation homes in Maine.

The Post, in 2005, conceded that Bush's vacations--unlike Obama's--were not lavish and he did not "make time for fun."

"Bush rarely takes the type of vacation one would consider exotic -- or, to some, even appealing," the Post wrote. "His notion of relaxation is chopping cedar on his ranch or mountain biking through rough terrain, all in 100-degree-plus temperatures in dusty Texas where crickets are known to roast on the summer pavement. He seems to relish the idea of exposing aides and reporters to the hothouse environment."

Obama, on the other hand, has traveled to Hawaii every winter. The Obama daughters are vacationing at the Atlantis Resort in the Bahamas this week with a full Secret Service detail, as Breitbart News reported, even as the White House claimed they could not afford to pay Secret Service agents to continue the popular White House tours for other students who are on their spring vacations in Washington, D.C.

Media Ignores Lavish Obama Vacations, Slammed Bush for Mountain Biking

And Bush's vacations at the Ranch were WORKING VACATIONS. Unlike Obama who has his family travel separate at a huge price tag for the American tax payer.

Couldn't have that.

When did he cut his vacation short? Does anybody else besides you know about this?

Couldn't have that.

When did he cut his vacation short? Does anybody else besides you know about this?
Don't feed the admitted mindless partisan bigot.

Bring up what?

That they were lied too?

Ms. Clinton has addressed that as well and said it was a mistake to vote to give President Bush the authorization to use military force.

Ms. Clinton said it was a mistake to vote to give President Bush the authorization to use military force. Ten years later! She also says she was in favor of leaving troops in Iraq. Hillary is also blasting your man Obama on his foreign policy. I don't know, it's almost as if she's going to run for president or something.

Couldn't have that.

Yeah nice try Sallow:

Supporters of Barack Obama tout his dedication to the responsibilities of the presidency by noting that he had taken 96 days of vacation at the point in his term that President George W. Bush had taken a reported 335.

But they admit that 51 of Bush’s trips were to his Texas ranch, while records show that Obama’s destinations have ranged from exotic European and African locales to pricey digs to Hawaii, where he’s sometimes traveled separately from his family, effectively doubling transportation costs for taxpayers.

Disturbing truth behind Obama?s travel madness

And while Bush spent more time outside of Washington than Obama, it is also worth nothing that nearly all of Bush's vacations were trips back to his Texas ranch or family vacation homes in Maine.

The Post, in 2005, conceded that Bush's vacations--unlike Obama's--were not lavish and he did not "make time for fun."

"Bush rarely takes the type of vacation one would consider exotic -- or, to some, even appealing," the Post wrote. "His notion of relaxation is chopping cedar on his ranch or mountain biking through rough terrain, all in 100-degree-plus temperatures in dusty Texas where crickets are known to roast on the summer pavement. He seems to relish the idea of exposing aides and reporters to the hothouse environment."

Obama, on the other hand, has traveled to Hawaii every winter. The Obama daughters are vacationing at the Atlantis Resort in the Bahamas this week with a full Secret Service detail, as Breitbart News reported, even as the White House claimed they could not afford to pay Secret Service agents to continue the popular White House tours for other students who are on their spring vacations in Washington, D.C.

Media Ignores Lavish Obama Vacations, Slammed Bush for Mountain Biking

And Bush's vacations at the Ranch were WORKING VACATIONS. Unlike Obama who has his family travel separate at a huge price tag for the American tax payer.

:lol:

Ah yes..an old chestnut and a new one.

Bush's days away were pretty costly. Mainly because he liked to fly a lot.

Bush Spent 5 Times More On Flights To Texas Than Obama?s Christmas Vacation Costs

And the working vacation thing is complete bullshit.

Bush hardly did any work at all in the first term.

Congress has no control over war??? I see, next...

Its not just RC Christian who doesn't understand the process.

zander wrote: It's not the job of congress.

WTH?

I remember these statements like they were yesterday.

It was literally when I awoke to politics.

I was in my early 20s at the beginning of the Bush Regime.

Even a non-political fun-loving party NYCer like myself snapped out of it with the DAMAGE that buffoon did to the country.

I admit that I'm late to this argument, but I don't see that he lied. In the House of Representatives, 215 Republicans voted for the resolution while 6 opposed it. 82 Democrats voted for it while 126 voted against it. In the Senate, 48 Republicans voted for it while 1 was against, and 29 Democrats voted for it while 21 voted no.

The Democrats who voted for it were: Sens. Lincoln (D-AR), Feinstein (D-CA), Dodd (D-CT), Lieberman (D-CT), Biden (D-DE), Carper (D-DE), Nelson (D-FL), Cleland (D-GA), Miller (D-GA), Bayh (D-IN), Harkin (D-IA), Breaux (D-LA), Mary Landrieu (D-LA), Kerry (D-MA), Carnahan (D-MO), Baucus (D-MT), Nelson (D-NE), Reid (D-NV), Torricelli (D-NJ), Clinton (D-NY), Schumer (D-NY), Edwards (D-NC), Dorgan (D-ND), Hollings (D-SC), Daschle (D-SD), Johnson (D-SD), Cantwell (D-WA), Rockefeller (D-WV), and Kohl (D-WI).

You can look it up, if you like.

Again, it wasn't a declaration of war. It was a resolution giving Bush the power to invade as a last resort, if all diplomatic efforts failed and if the inspectors determined there were WMDs.

It was sold at the time as a resolution to not tie the president's hands, not to go to war.

Ah, so it isn't a factual debate, it's parsing words. Ok, I understand now. Carry on.

No parsing. The entire Rightwing machine was unified in their message, 24/7, that we could not tie the Commander in Chief's hands when he is trying to fight a War On Terror. The authorization to use force is not a declaration of force. It authorized Bush to use force if he decided all other options had been exhausted.

True, but the budget still has to get through the Senate, even after it's passed by the House. When was the last budget approved by the Senate before December 2013?
We're not talking about a budget.

How many continuing resolutions did the Republicans pass under Bush to keep the war money flowing, all off-book so they could dump it on the next president?

Spending bills have to ORIGINATE in the House, but do you believe that means the Senate doesn't vote to approve or reject them?
They do. And the Senate has rejected bills which contained poison pills.

It's that simple. Want your jobs bill to come up for a vote in the Senate? Don't put a 'Personhood Amendment' in your bill.

House Republicans do that, knowing it will be rejected, so that they can tell their nitwit followers that Harry Reid is blocking their bills purely out of partisanship. And, as we see here, their followers eat that shit up, and spit it out on internet forums.

We're not talking about a budget.

How many continuing resolutions did the Republicans pass under Bush to keep the war money flowing, all off-book so they could dump it on the next president?

Spending bills have to ORIGINATE in the House, but do you believe that means the Senate doesn't vote to approve or reject them?
They do. And the Senate has rejected bills which contained poison pills.

It's that simple. Want your jobs bill to come up for a vote in the Senate? Don't put a 'Personhood Amendment' in your bill.

House Republicans do that, knowing it will be rejected, so that they can tell their nitwit followers that Harry Reid is blocking their bills purely out of partisanship. And, as we see here, their followers eat that shit up, and spit it out on internet forums.

You understanding of how government is suppose to work is jaded by your partisanship.

ALL bills are compromises by the House and Senate. If ther is a posion bill then they can be removed but that isn't even being proposed. Reid is truly the obstructionist in Congress. The claim that Republicans can't win elections then try and claim that Republcians run the country takes a special kind of stupidity.

Last edited:
Again, it wasn't a declaration of war. It was a resolution giving Bush the power to invade as a last resort, if all diplomatic efforts failed and if the inspectors determined there were WMDs.

It was sold at the time as a resolution to not tie the president's hands, not to go to war.

Ah, so it isn't a factual debate, it's parsing words. Ok, I understand now. Carry on.

No parsing. The entire Rightwing machine was unified in their message, 24/7, that we could not tie the Commander in Chief's hands when he is trying to fight a War On Terror. The authorization to use force is not a declaration of force. It authorized Bush to use force if he decided all other options had been exhausted.

And down the memory hole that goes..like it never happened.

Forum List

Back