Why I don't believe in God

And there seems to be two arguments for god. One is the generic, "there must be god" argument and then there's the "god visited our ancestors 2000 years ago of course he's real" argument.
You are the one who doesn't have a clue. Just like a little muslim woman in Afganistan doesn't. But like you she thinks she has all the answers. Its all in the koran.
I

I know it's free will. You babble much and expect to be taken serious, you need to change that
Only the most completely ignorant fool would say that there is only two arguments for the existence of God.

I think you are banging your head against the wall. Atheists these days are just too stupid to follow any complexity in an argument and have no interest to anyway.
Atheists and Theists are both dumb as dog shit. There is only one rational position, God is unknown.
God told us about Him.
You can argue the assembled books are fiction.
But statistical odds and human nature says it is not very likely fiction.
There isn't a holy book on the planet that isn't wholly fiction. That's how they work. Logos and Mythos, and you mistake one for the other. Here's am example (Eve did not yell out, Hey, Adam, where have Cain and Abel gotten to now?).

Strong's Concordance
adam: man, mankind
Original Word: אָדָם
Part of Speech: Noun Masculine
Transliteration: adam
Phonetic Spelling: (aw-dawm')
Short Definition: man

Strong's Hebrew: 120. אָדָם (adam) -- man, mankind

And there seems to be two arguments for god. One is the generic, "there must be god" argument and then there's the "god visited our ancestors 2000 years ago of course he's real" argument.
You are the one who doesn't have a clue. Just like a little muslim woman in Afganistan doesn't. But like you she thinks she has all the answers. Its all in the koran.
I

I know it's free will. You babble much and expect to be taken serious, you need to change that
Only the most completely ignorant fool would say that there is only two arguments for the existence of God.

I think you are banging your head against the wall. Atheists these days are just too stupid to follow any complexity in an argument and have no interest to anyway.
Atheists and Theists are both dumb as dog shit. There is only one rational position, God is unknown.
God told us about Him.
You can argue the assembled books are fiction.
But statistical odds and human nature says it is not very likely fiction.

God told us about what He expects from US, not about HIM.
God is unknowable.
In fact, God doesn't need us...at all.

"There are plenty of reasons to believe in a Creator"

All of which are subjective, personal, and completely devoid of objective, documented evidence, fact, or merit.

Which is fine, religion is supposed to be personal and subjective; indeed, the last thing theists would want is proof 'god' exists.
Well that would certainly end 'faith" alright. The other likely outcome, the real God wouldn't give a fuck what happened to you, didn't know you would be here actually.
We know that 'god' as perceived by theists is a creation of man, as is religion and other manifestations of faith.

There never was a 'god,' there is no 'god' now – one cannot not believe in something that never existed to begin with.

The mistake theists make is to assume 'god' to be a 'fact,' where those free from faith 'reject' that 'fact.'

This position is false, as theism is the aberration, 'god' its errant contrivance, where those free from faith aren't 'rejecting “god,”' but are instead acknowledging the fact that there is no 'god' which warrants such faith and belief.

Theists also make the mistake of attempting to propagate an appeal to ignorance fallacy – or the 'you can never know for sure' fallacy, that because there is no evidence 'god' doesn't exist, then it's perfectly 'reasonable' to assume it does exist.

God is unknowable.

God is not 100% knowable, but He is also omniscient and is capable of explaining Himself to the degree that we need to understand Him.

And, true, God does not need us, nor does He need anything at all.

But he desires us and wants us to worship Him.

that is all that is necessary as He isnt exactly on a budget of some sort and can do whatever He wants.

"There are plenty of reasons to believe in a Creator"

All of which are subjective, personal, and completely devoid of objective, documented evidence, fact, or merit.

Which is fine, religion is supposed to be personal and subjective; indeed, the last thing theists would want is proof 'god' exists.
Well that would certainly end 'faith" alright. The other likely outcome, the real God wouldn't give a fuck what happened to you, didn't know you would be here actually.
We know that 'god' as perceived by theists is a creation of man, as is religion and other manifestations of faith.

There never was a 'god,' there is no 'god' now – one cannot not believe in something that never existed to begin with.

The mistake theists make is to assume 'god' to be a 'fact,' where those free from faith 'reject' that 'fact.'

This position is false, as theism is the aberration, 'god' its errant contrivance, where those free from faith aren't 'rejecting “god,”' but are instead acknowledging the fact that there is no 'god' which warrants such faith and belief.

Theists also make the mistake of attempting to propagate an appeal to ignorance fallacy – or the 'you can never know for sure' fallacy, that because there is no evidence 'god' doesn't exist, then it's perfectly 'reasonable' to assume it does exist.

Once again, prove this. So far you have blabbered your OPINION and haven't proved any of it. You're big on talk and short on proof

God is unknowable.

God is not 100% knowable, but He is also omniscient and is capable of explaining Himself to the degree that we need to understand Him.

that is all that is necessary as He isnt exactly on a budget of some sort and can do whatever He wants.
Any being that has such a large ego it wants to be worshiped, I'll pass. It can make these for that (which is what many of you are):
BRZl-1LCAAEkSiS.jpg

God is unknowable.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Soul-Life-Complete-Ha-chayyim/dp/061569991X&tag=ff0d01-20
Based heavily on the Zohar, written in the 1700's, a brilliant, ultra documented explanation to dispel any mistaken notion's of God's relationship to His creation.
I truly feel sorry for any sincerely spiritual Christian who can't speak or read Hebrew.

You know nothing of the sort, you lying fuck. You pretend it so because you cannot stand the thought that someone is going to judge the pathetic life you have lived, idiot, and as judged by your comments here, you have had a completely purposeless and vain life at that.

There is a Creator and you tremble in your sleepless nights at the thought.

No one is assuming anything, idiot.

Atheist are fringe loons of humanity who are so self centered that they cannot abid ethe thought of being compelled to be responsible for the moral choices of their amoral lives.

No one says that, idiot.

I love reading posts like yours Clayton, as it affirms in my mind what idiots atheists truly are.

God is unknowable.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Soul-Life-Complete-Ha-chayyim/dp/061569991X&tag=ff0d01-20
Based heavily on the Zohar, written in the 1700's, a brilliant, ultra documented explanation to dispel any mistaken notion's of God's relationship to His creation.
I truly feel sorry for any sincerely spiritual Christian who can't speak or read Hebrew.
Since it's a Jewish faith, for Jews, that can be an issue...

God is unknowable.

Any being that has such a large ego it wants to be worshiped, I'll pass. It can make these for that (which is what many of you are):
BRZl-1LCAAEkSiS.jpg

I guess if the worship consists of treating all creatures the way you want God to treat you, well, fine with me.
It doesn't mean man has succeeded.

So your response an appeal to authority of a Hebrew mystic?

Roflmao, no thank you, I dont recognise either the mans authority nor the rationality of Truths uncovered in mysticism, though it can be of use to the person who experienced it, it is not persuasive to those who do not.

God is unknowable.

Since it's a Jewish faith, for Jews, that can be an issue...

Actually not.
Adam through Yaakov's children were not Jews.
God has commandments, Noachide laws, for all mankind.

I guess if the worship consists of treating all creatures the way you want God to treat you, well, fine with me.
It doesn't mean man has succeeded.
It consists of Treating all human beings as one would want to be treated and worshipping God as He deserves most of all.

So your response an appeal to authority of a Hebrew mystic?

Roflmao, no thank you, I dont recognise either the mans authority nor the rationality of Truths uncovered in mysticism, though it can be of use to the person who experienced it, it is not persuasive to those who do not.

Either one is spiritual or not.
This book is a concrete explanation of God's breathing the breathe of life into Adam and the mechanics of how man influences the spiritual entities by his actions.
The question is...why DID God breathe the of life specifically into Adam?

This book is a concrete explanation of God's breathing the breathe of life into Adam and the mechanics of how man influences the spiritual entities by his actions.

He gave Adam his soul when He did so. The early concept of soul was closely tied to posessing ones breath.

I'm just wondering how YOU know this?
From a religious authority that I do recognize. And also internally, I believe it because it has the ring of truth to my mind.

Micah 6:8
He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.

A tardigrade can survive the vaccuum of space and there more of them than us. Maybe they are gods chosen one.

Humans are such funny animals. So smart and yet so dumb. So superstitious. Wishful thinking. It's a way of coping with death.

I think a real God will reward my intelligence, if there was one.

Tardigrades cannot survive in the vacuum of space. Sorry, they just can't.
Humans are funny animals, some of them believe in magic universes and life that pop out of nothingness for no reason or purpose. It's a small number but we love them anyway.

Why do you think we need to cope with death? Why does no other life form seem to be afflicted with the handicap of having to create a security blanket to cope with death? Does the belief in something we made up from imagination make death better to cope with? Why doesn't this work to solve all our other problems? Why can't we just imagine ourselves well when we're sick? Or imagine ourselves in Tahiti to cope with our feeling sick? I wonder if I could imagine you into another universe?
What is our purpose?
To serve our fellow mankind and let them know that all of their sins in life can be forgiven by simply believing in Jesus. Plenty of reasons to when you look at the evidence honestly.

Face it, if there is no God there is no such thing as evil. We are just biological byproducts of some universal mass explosion.

You pick which scenario you like better.
That's your problem! Doesn't matter what I or you LIKE. Reality is all I'm interested in.

I choose We are just biological byproducts of some universal mass explosion.
Good for you.
Care to share with us delusional folks where it says chaos naturally evolves into order?

# 15 Complexity/Order proves god exists.

The Teleological argument, or Argument from Design, is a non sequitur. Complexity does not imply design and does not prove the existence of a god. Even if design could be established we cannot conclude anything about the nature of the designer (Aliens?). Furthermore, many biological systems have obvious defects consistent with the predictions of evolution by means of natural selection.

The appearance of complexity and order in the universe is the result of spontaneous self-organization and pattern formation, caused by chaotic feedback between simple physical laws and rules. All the complexity of the universe, all its apparent richness,even life itself, arises from simple, mindless rules repeated over and over again for billions of years. Current scientific theories are able to clearly explain how complexity and order arise in physical systems. Any lack of understanding does not imply ‘god’.

Big Bang > Cosmic Inflation > Big Bang Nucleosynthesis > Stellar Formation > Galaxy Formation > Stellar Nucleosynthesis > Solar System Formation > Earth Formation >Abiogenesis > Evolution

Note: Crystallization is one example of how matter can readily self-organize into complex, ordered shapes and structures eg. Bismuth.

See also: The Story of Everything by Carl Sagan (a must watch), BBC – The Secret Life of Chaos (a must watch), BBC – The Cell: Spark of Life (a must watch), Self-Organisation, Evolution, The Watchmaker Analogy, Ultimate 747 gambit, Junkyard Tornado [2] (Hoyle’s fallacy).

Additionally: The laryngeal nerve of the giraffe, Evolution of the Eye, Chromosome 2,Bacterial Flagellum, TalkOrigins Index to Creationist Claims.

“The universe is huge and old and rare things happen all the time, including life.” – Lawrence Krauss

Spiral patterns in Galaxies, Cyclones, Whirlpools, Broccoli, Shells, BZ Reactions, Subatomic Particles, Fractals and Archimedes Diagram. All explainable by natural processes.

He gave Adam his soul when He did so. The early concept of soul was closely tied to posessing ones breath.

God created a connection between Himself and Free Will man.
That connection, to maintain the equilibrium of the Physical Universe, is explained in the book.

I

Are you talking about believing in generic god or are you talking about believing the Moses, Jesus, Mohammad, etc? Because when it comes to the idea that god visited, I'm an atheists. But when it comes to the existence of a creator, I'm an agnostic atheist. It doesn't seem like there is a god/creator. From an intelligent mind, it seems like humans made that up to deal with death and the unknown. Superstitious. So I lean towards not believing but you are right, the only logical position is agnostic.

The only way to know there is no god is for you to be a god yourself.

Forum List

Back