Why I don't believe in God

You're thinking of God as a Supreme Person.

God is not a Supreme Person. This is a common misconception, particularly from people who lack spiritual faith in God. We wonder how God can forsake us. In fact, this is the reason many people lose spiritual faith to begin with. God didn't save my mother... God didn't protect my child... But God is not a Supreme Person.

We all have a soul connected with God and our souls are experiencing a physical reality in material bodies here on Earth. You soul is everlasting, it is beyond the constraints of physical time which is a concept we created to measure. God can always use your soul if it's any good. Your soul may go to another person here on Earth or maybe it goes in a matrix of levels, dimensions and existences we're not aware of? I can't answer what happens to your soul when it leaves your physical body here but it seems apparent your soul is being guided toward love and good for a reason.

One thing your soul should be instinctively aware of is that physical beings suffer. It is inevitable and part of being physical. We can't escape death, we're all going to die. Some of us may get 80-90 years or more, if we're lucky. Others may not even make it out of the womb. It has nothing to do with God's use of our soul.
What makes you different from a tortoise or elephant?

The ability to abstract.
A tardigrade can survive the vaccuum of space and there more of them than us. Maybe they are gods chosen one.

Humans are such funny animals. So smart and yet so dumb. So superstitious. Wishful thinking. It's a way of coping with death.

I think a real God will reward my intelligence, if there was one.

Tardigrades cannot survive in the vacuum of space. Sorry, they just can't.
Humans are funny animals, some of them believe in magic universes and life that pop out of nothingness for no reason or purpose. It's a small number but we love them anyway.

Why do you think we need to cope with death? Why does no other life form seem to be afflicted with the handicap of having to create a security blanket to cope with death? Does the belief in something we made up from imagination make death better to cope with? Why doesn't this work to solve all our other problems? Why can't we just imagine ourselves well when we're sick? Or imagine ourselves in Tahiti to cope with our feeling sick? I wonder if I could imagine you into another universe?
What is our purpose?
To serve our fellow mankind and let them know that all of their sins in life can be forgiven by simply believing in Jesus. Plenty of reasons to when you look at the evidence honestly.

Face it, if there is no God there is no such thing as evil. We are just biological byproducts of some universal mass explosion.

You pick which scenario you like better.

At least 4 dead, 14 injured in Maryland crash

"At least four people were killed and 14 others injured after a church van crashed into a pickup truck and caught fire in Hyattsville, Md. on Sunday, according to local authorities."

What's the point of a god who never prevents this sort of thing. Church vans crash all the time.

Blame free will, not God. You have no earthly clue what you're babbling about and are just seeking attention

"Why I don't believe in God"

It depends on what is meant by 'god.'

'God' clearly exists as an idea, a concept created by man, a metaphor for the collective good of humankind.

But 'god' doesn't exist as perceived by theists.

There is no omnipotent extraterrestrial deity that hears prayers, intercedes on the behalf of mortals, and issues edicts of religious dogma all must obey, lest transgressors are subject to some sort of postmortem 'punishment' – that contrivance of 'god' clearly doesn't exist.

'God' clearly exists as an idea, a concept created by man, a metaphor for the collective good of humankind.

There is no omnipotent extraterrestrial deity that hears prayers, intercedes on the behalf of mortals, and issues edicts of religious dogma all must obey, lest transgressors are subject to some sort of postmortem 'punishment' – that contrivance of 'god' clearly doesn't exist.

And you can prove this? Do so, be specific

What makes you different from a tortoise or elephant?

The ability to abstract.
A tardigrade can survive the vaccuum of space and there more of them than us. Maybe they are gods chosen one.

Humans are such funny animals. So smart and yet so dumb. So superstitious. Wishful thinking. It's a way of coping with death.

Humans are funny animals, some of them believe in magic universes and life that pop out of nothingness for no reason or purpose. It's a small number but we love them anyway.

Why do you think we need to cope with death? Why does no other life form seem to be afflicted with the handicap of having to create a security blanket to cope with death? Does the belief in something we made up from imagination make death better to cope with? Why doesn't this work to solve all our other problems? Why can't we just imagine ourselves well when we're sick? Or imagine ourselves in Tahiti to cope with our feeling sick? I wonder if I could imagine you into another universe?
What is our purpose?
To serve our fellow mankind and let them know that all of their sins in life can be forgiven by simply believing in Jesus. Plenty of reasons to when you look at the evidence honestly.

Face it, if there is no God there is no such thing as evil. We are just biological byproducts of some universal mass explosion.

That's your problem! Doesn't matter what I or you LIKE. Reality is all I'm interested in.

I choose We are just biological byproducts of some universal mass explosion.

There are plenty of reasons to believe in a Creator, for example these reasons are what led Aristotle and his followers to believe in a Creator that created time and the universe, while the rest of the polytheistic godlings were made in space and time. Later philosophers like Thomas Aquinas built on those ideas using reason and evidence to further promote the rationality of believing in the Creator. Are you familiar with the arguments that these people gave for their beliefs?

Are you familiar with the recorded cases of Near Death Experiences, where people perceive things that would have been impossible for them to perceive from their positions on the operating table, often with their eyes taped shut and their ears plugged?

I am not going to bother going into all that now, as I have a real life and have to return to it, but there is plenty of evidence if one cares to look. This is why atheism is such a fringe belief system, outnumbered in the West by people who believe in Big Foot and that the moon landings were faked. Including those outside the West and the numbers are even more lopsided.

If atheism is so rational, then why cant they convince more people? Most atheists are just people who go along because the circle of friends they have are all atheists and they cannot hold up to the thinnest scrutiny.

Atheism is a complete joke today, not at all worthy of the mantle of Bertrand Russel or even token respect any more.

to ripen our souls so the great soul eater, also known as God, can devour us while we thrive in ecstasy.
Close but our souls do not cease to exist when we unite with the Creator. We are made perfect and continue to exist in an ecstacy that surpasses anything we can imagine in this life.

"At least four people were killed and 14 others injured after a church van crashed into a pickup truck and caught fire in Hyattsville, Md. on Sunday, according to local authorities."

What's the point of a god who never prevents this sort of thing. Church vans crash all the time.

Blame free will, not God. You have no earthly clue what you're babbling about and are just seeking attention
None of us have a clue. It isn't us who suggest we have it all figured out.

And there seems to be two arguments for god. One is the generic, "there must be god" argument and then there's the "god visited our ancestors 2000 years ago of course he's real" argument.

You are the one who doesn't have a clue. Just like a little muslim woman in Afganistan doesn't. But like you she thinks she has all the answers. Its all in the koran.

I

And there seems to be two arguments for god. One is the generic, "there must be god" argument and then there's the "god visited our ancestors 2000 years ago of course he's real" argument.

You are the one who doesn't have a clue. Just like a little muslim woman in Afganistan doesn't. But like you she thinks she has all the answers. Its all in the koran.

I

I know it's free will. You babble much and expect to be taken serious, you need to change that

to ripen our souls so the great soul eater, also known as God, can devour us while we thrive in ecstasy.
Close but our souls do not cease to exist when we unite with the Creator. We are made perfect and continue to exist in an ecstacy that surpasses anything we can imagine in this life.

There are plenty of reasons to believe in a Creator, for example these reasons are what led Aristotle and his followers to believe in a Creator that created time and the universe, while the rest of the polytheistic godlings were made in space and time. Later philosophers like Thomas Aquinas built on those ideas using reason and evidence to further promote the rationality of believing in the Creator. Are you familiar with the arguments that these people gave for their beliefs?

Are you familiar with the recorded cases of Near Death Experiences, where people perceive things that would have been impossible for them to perceive from their positions on the operating table, often with their eyes taped shut and their ears plugged?

I am not going to bother going into all that now, as I have a real life and have to return to it, but there is plenty of evidence if one cares to look. This is why atheism is such a fringe belief system, outnumbered in the West by people who believe in Big Foot and that the moon landings were faked. Including those outside the West and the numbers are even more lopsided.

If atheism is so rational, then why cant they convince more people? Most atheists are just people who go along because the circle of friends they have are all atheists and they cannot hold up to the thinnest scrutiny.

Atheism is a complete joke today, not at all worthy of the mantle of Bertrand Russel or even token respect any more.
Atheism is one of the fastest growing segments of our population.

Why can't we convince someone who's been brainwashed from age 1-18? Kind of hard when religion got a 18 year head start brainwashing these people.

Why can't you convert more Muslims to Christianity? Because they know your story is full of shit. Why can't they convert you? Because you know their story is full of shit.

I

I know it's free will. You babble much and expect to be taken serious, you need to change that
You think I babble much? Ever read the bible? LOL. Yet you take that seriously.

Lets talk about babbling.

On the evening of that day, the first day of the week, the doors being locked where the disciples were for fear of the Jews, Jesus came and stood among them and said to them, “Peace be with you.” When he had said this, he showed them his hands and his side. Then the disciples were glad when they saw the Lord. Jesus said to them again, “Peace be with you. As the Father has sent me, even so I am sending you.” And when he had said this, he breathed on them and said to them, “Receive the Holy Spirit. If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven them; if you withhold forgiveness from any, it is withheld.”

When many of his disciples heard it, they said, “This is a hard saying; who can listen to it?” But Jesus, knowing in himself that his disciples were grumbling about this, said to them, “Do you take offense at this? Then what if you were to see the Son of Man ascending to where he was before? It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh is no help at all. The words that I have spoken to you are spirit and life. But there are some of you who do not believe.” (For Jesus knew from the beginning who those were who did not believe, and who it was who would betray him.)

So Jesus said to the Twelve, “Do you want to go away as well?” Simon Peter answered him, “Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life, and we have believed, and have come to know, that you are the Holy One of God.” Jesus answered them, “Did I not choose you, the Twelve? And yet one of you is a devil.” He spoke of Judas the son of Simon Iscariot, for he, one of the Twelve, was going to betray him.

"There are plenty of reasons to believe in a Creator"

All of which are subjective, personal, and completely devoid of objective, documented evidence, fact, or merit.

Which is fine, religion is supposed to be personal and subjective; indeed, the last thing theists would want is proof 'god' exists.

The ability to abstract.

What is our purpose?

That's your problem! Doesn't matter what I or you LIKE. Reality is all I'm interested in.

I choose We are just biological byproducts of some universal mass explosion.
Good for you.
Care to share with us delusional folks where it says chaos naturally evolves into order?

"There are plenty of reasons to believe in a Creator"

All of which are subjective, personal, and completely devoid of objective, documented evidence, fact, or merit.

Which is fine, religion is supposed to be personal and subjective; indeed, the last thing theists would want is proof 'god' exists.
Well that would certainly end 'faith" alright. The other likely outcome, the real God wouldn't give a fuck what happened to you, didn't know you would be here actually.

I've seen things that would make you curl up in a fetal position and wet your pants.
You're totally dishonest to say you have 100% knowledge in an unknowable issue.

Fact is, you're operating on faith.

I

Only the most completely ignorant fool would say that there is only two arguments for the existence of God.

I think you are banging your head against the wall. Atheists these days are just too stupid to follow any complexity in an argument and have no interest to anyway.

I've seen things that would make you curl up in a fetal position and wet your pants.
You're totally dishonest to say you have 100% knowledge in an unknowable issue.

Fact is, you're operating on faith.

Clayton is operating on ignorance and stupidity like he always does. Dont give him so much credit.

I

Only the most completely ignorant fool would say that there is only two arguments for the existence of God.

I think you are banging your head against the wall. Atheists these days are just too stupid to follow any complexity in an argument and have no interest to anyway.
Atheists and Theists are both dumb as dog shit. There is only one rational position, God is unknown.

I

Atheists and Theists are both dumb as dog shit. There is only one rational position, God is unknown.
God told us about Him.
You can argue the assembled books are fiction.
But statistical odds and human nature says it is not very likely fiction.

Forum List

Back