Why I don't believe in God

And there seems to be two arguments for god. One is the generic, "there must be god" argument and then there's the "god visited our ancestors 2000 years ago of course he's real" argument.
You are the one who doesn't have a clue. Just like a little muslim woman in Afganistan doesn't. But like you she thinks she has all the answers. Its all in the koran.
I

I know it's free will. You babble much and expect to be taken serious, you need to change that
Only the most completely ignorant fool would say that there is only two arguments for the existence of God.

I think you are banging your head against the wall. Atheists these days are just too stupid to follow any complexity in an argument and have no interest to anyway.
Atheists and Theists are both dumb as dog shit. There is only one rational position, God is unknown.
Are you talking about believing in generic god or are you talking about believing the Moses, Jesus, Mohammad, etc? Because when it comes to the idea that god visited, I'm an atheists. But when it comes to the existence of a creator, I'm an agnostic atheist. It doesn't seem like there is a god/creator. From an intelligent mind, it seems like humans made that up to deal with death and the unknown. Superstitious. So I lean towards not believing but you are right, the only logical position is agnostic.

The only way to know there is no god is for you to be a god yourself.

I'm talking about you providing proof of your opinion. Cease with the mumbo jumbo, it's worthless. Now, put up or shut up

"There are plenty of reasons to believe in a Creator"

All of which are subjective, personal, and completely devoid of objective, documented evidence, fact, or merit.

Which is fine, religion is supposed to be personal and subjective; indeed, the last thing theists would want is proof 'god' exists.
Well that would certainly end 'faith" alright. The other likely outcome, the real God wouldn't give a fuck what happened to you, didn't know you would be here actually.
We know that 'god' as perceived by theists is a creation of man, as is religion and other manifestations of faith.

There never was a 'god,' there is no 'god' now – one cannot not believe in something that never existed to begin with.

The mistake theists make is to assume 'god' to be a 'fact,' where those free from faith 'reject' that 'fact.'

This position is false, as theism is the aberration, 'god' its errant contrivance, where those free from faith aren't 'rejecting “god,”' but are instead acknowledging the fact that there is no 'god' which warrants such faith and belief.

Theists also make the mistake of attempting to propagate an appeal to ignorance fallacy – or the 'you can never know for sure' fallacy, that because there is no evidence 'god' doesn't exist, then it's perfectly 'reasonable' to assume it does exist.
The fact anyone spends so much time and effort in threads denying God says you want to believe and need something answered for you to take the next step.

All of which are subjective, personal, and completely devoid of objective, documented evidence, fact, or merit.

Which is fine, religion is supposed to be personal and subjective; indeed, the last thing theists would want is proof 'god' exists.
Well that would certainly end 'faith" alright. The other likely outcome, the real God wouldn't give a fuck what happened to you, didn't know you would be here actually.
We know that 'god' as perceived by theists is a creation of man, as is religion and other manifestations of faith.

There never was a 'god,' there is no 'god' now – one cannot not believe in something that never existed to begin with.

The mistake theists make is to assume 'god' to be a 'fact,' where those free from faith 'reject' that 'fact.'

This position is false, as theism is the aberration, 'god' its errant contrivance, where those free from faith aren't 'rejecting “god,”' but are instead acknowledging the fact that there is no 'god' which warrants such faith and belief.

Theists also make the mistake of attempting to propagate an appeal to ignorance fallacy – or the 'you can never know for sure' fallacy, that because there is no evidence 'god' doesn't exist, then it's perfectly 'reasonable' to assume it does exist.
The fact anyone spends so much time and effort in threads denying God says you want to believe and need something answered for you to take the next step.
Maybe he's just fucking tired of all this nonsense known as religion? I sure as hell am, and he can have faith in blue teapots dancing on the moon if he wishes, it's as valid as what you got...

Maybe he's just fucking tired of this nonsense known as religion? I sure as hell am, and he can have faith in blue teapots dancing on the moon if he wishes, it's as valid as what you got...
Yeah, the millions acting like Mother Teresa and helping the poor and needy is so pathetic it must be stopped.

Yeah, the millions acting like Mother Teresa and helping the poor and needy is so pathetic it must be stopped.
Millions is right, like two million, out of two billion, hence the damn problem. If the Christians acted like Jesus I could mostly give them a pass.
So by your estimate 2 million Christians acting like Mother Teresa helping the poor.
How many atheists?

Millions is right, like two million, out of two billion, hence the damn problem. If the Christians acted like Jesus I could mostly give them a pass.
So by your estimate 2 million Christians acting like Mother Teresa helping the poor.
How many atheists?
Since they don't depend on God to fix things, a good percentage more I would bet but it doesn't matter a damn now does it, they aren't supposed to obey the teachings of Jesus, which nearly all "Christian" completely ignore.

How many atheists?
Since they don't depend on God to fix things, a good percentage more I would bet but it doesn't matter a damn now does it, they aren't supposed to obey the teachings of Jesus, which nearly all "Christian" completely ignore.
So you know 2 million Christians are out living their lives like Mother Teresa, but not a clue as to how many atheists. I bet it's about 10, and I bet you think that too.

And you expose your lack of understanding again. I know of no one who volunteers their time because Jesus orders it. We do it because we've been changed and have a blast doing it.

How many atheists?
So you know 2 million Christians are out living their lives like Mother Teresa, but not a clue as to how many atheists. I bet it's about 10, and I bet you think that too.

And you expose your lack of understanding again. I know of no one who volunteers their time because Jesus orders it. We do it because we've been changed and have a blast doing it.
You should be doing that, and much, much more because Jesus told you to, and you don't, hence the problem I have with most Christians. That and the fact that what they believe is total fucking nonsense. Jesus was a loon, but an interesting loon BTW. A farmer, not a carpenter, that was daddy, who was a stone mason or possibly a cabinet maker. Not much wood around in Palestine.

How many atheists?

You should be doing that, and much, much more because Jesus told you to, and you don't, hence the problem I have with most Christians. That and the fact that what they believe is total fucking nonsense. Jesus was a loon, but an interesting loon BTW. A farmer, not a carpenter, that was daddy, who was a stone mason or possibly a cabinet maker. Not much wood around in Palestine.
You know nothing about me or what I do, so you make up things to fit your hatred picture.
Fact remains millions are out there acting like Mother Teresa because they were changed by Jesus and I think the world is a lot better off for it versus what atheism has done to people.

How many atheists?

You know nothing about me or what I do, so you make up things to fit your hatred picture.
Fact remains millions are out there acting like Mother Teresa because they were changed by Jesus and I think the world is a lot better off for it versus what atheism has done to people.
The world would be a better place if the Christians, who don't, acted like Jesus, when he wasn't in his full-on loon mode that is...

At least 4 dead, 14 injured in Maryland crash

"At least four people were killed and 14 others injured after a church van crashed into a pickup truck and caught fire in Hyattsville, Md. on Sunday, according to local authorities."

What's the point of a god who never prevents this sort of thing. Church vans crash all the time.

How do you know He doesn't? Perhaps God has saved thousands of people from dying in vans, and it didn't get announced on the 6 o'clock news.

How many atheists?

The world would be a better place if the Christians, who don't, acted like Jesus, when he wasn't in his full-on loon mode that is...
Nobody claims Christians are even close to perfect, you're again fabricating things to support your beliefs. In the last month I've talked to hundreds of Christians. Some I wanted to slap silly. But then I remember me 15 years ago. It's a process of change.

So what's your favorite Jesus loon moment?

Nobody claims Christians are even close to perfect, you're again fabricating things to support your beliefs. In the last month I've talked to hundreds of Christians. Some I wanted to slap silly. But then I remember me 15 years ago. It's a process of change.

So what's your favorite Jesus loon moment?
Have to go with the obvious, realizing that he was dead wrong about God while hanging from the cross dying. His God was a lie, as they all are...

45Now from the sixth hour darkness fell upon all the land until the ninth hour. 46About the ninth hour Jesus cried out with a loud voice, saying, "ELI, ELI, LAMA SABACHTHANI?" that is, "MY GOD, MY GOD, WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN ME?" 47And some of those who were standing there, when they heard it, began saying, "This man is calling for Elijah."…

That's an easy one. Scripture numbering system was not created until centuries after Christ. So guess how a Rabbi told people what to read - he would quote the first part. Psalm 22 describes the crucifixion of Jesus. Very appropriate, eh?

Psalm 22:1-25 My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?Why are you so far from saving me,so far from my cries of anguish? My God, I cry out by day, but you do not answer,by night, but I find no rest. Yet you are enthroned as the Holy One;you are the one Israel praises. In you our ancestors put their trust;they trusted and you delivered them. To you they cried out and were saved;in you they trusted and were not put to shame. But I am a worm and not a man,scorned by everyone, despised by the people. All who see me mock me;they hurl insults, shaking their heads. “He trusts in the Lord,” they say,“let the Lord rescue him.Let him deliver him,since he delights in him.” Yet you brought me out of the womb;you made me trust in you, even at my mother’s breast. From birth I was cast on you;from my mother’s womb you have been my God. Do not be far from me,for trouble is nearand there is no one to help. Many bulls surround me;strong bulls of Bashan encircle me. Roaring lions that tear their preyopen their mouths wide against me. I am poured out like water,and all my bones are out of joint.My heart has turned to wax;it has melted within me. My mouth is dried up like a potsherd,and my tongue sticks to the roof of my mouth;you lay me in the dust of death. Dogs surround me,a pack of villains encircles me;they pierce my hands and my feet. All my bones are on display;people stare and gloat over me. They divide my clothes among themand cast lots for my garment. But you, Lord, do not be far from me.You are my strength; come quickly to help me. Deliver me from the sword,my precious life from the power of the dogs. Rescue me from the mouth of the lions;save me from the horns of the wild oxen. I will declare your name to my people;in the assembly I will praise you. You who fear the Lord, praise him!All you descendants of Jacob, honor him!Revere him, all you descendants of Israel! For he has not despised or scornedthe suffering of the afflicted one;he has not hidden his face from himbut has listened to his cry for help. From you comes the theme of my praise in the great assembly;before those who fear you I will fulfill my vows.

God told us about what He expects from US, not about HIM.
God is unknowable.
In fact, God doesn't need us...at all.

God is not 100% knowable, but He is also omniscient and is capable of explaining Himself to the degree that we need to understand Him.

And, true, God does not need us, nor does He need anything at all.

But he desires us and wants us to worship Him.

that is all that is necessary as He isnt exactly on a budget of some sort and can do whatever He wants.
Now think of all the different ways people understand him. Ask 100 people what god is and you'll get 100 different ideas.

How do you know he desires us and wants us to worship him? That isn't obvious to me so why is it a given for you? Because you read it in a book? Because a preacher told you?

God told us about what He expects from US, not about HIM.
God is unknowable.
In fact, God doesn't need us...at all.

God is not 100% knowable, but He is also omniscient and is capable of explaining Himself to the degree that we need to understand Him.

And, true, God does not need us, nor does He need anything at all.

But he desires us and wants us to worship Him.

that is all that is necessary as He isnt exactly on a budget of some sort and can do whatever He wants.
Now think of all the different ways people understand him. Ask 100 people what god is and you'll get 100 different ideas.

How do you know he desires us and wants us to worship him? That isn't obvious to me so why is it a given for you? Because you read it in a book? Because a preacher told you?

I observe from the behavior of my seniors that they are living the type of life I admire.
I seek from them how to go about walking in their footsteps.

And there seems to be two arguments for god. One is the generic, "there must be god" argument and then there's the "god visited our ancestors 2000 years ago of course he's real" argument.
You are the one who doesn't have a clue. Just like a little muslim woman in Afganistan doesn't. But like you she thinks she has all the answers. Its all in the koran.
I

I know it's free will. You babble much and expect to be taken serious, you need to change that
Only the most completely ignorant fool would say that there is only two arguments for the existence of God.

I think you are banging your head against the wall. Atheists these days are just too stupid to follow any complexity in an argument and have no interest to anyway.
Atheists and Theists are both dumb as dog shit. There is only one rational position, God is unknown.
Are you talking about believing in generic god or are you talking about believing the Moses, Jesus, Mohammad, etc? Because when it comes to the idea that god visited, I'm an atheists. But when it comes to the existence of a creator, I'm an agnostic atheist. It doesn't seem like there is a god/creator. From an intelligent mind, it seems like humans made that up to deal with death and the unknown. Superstitious. So I lean towards not believing but you are right, the only logical position is agnostic.

I'm talking about you providing proof of your opinion. Cease with the mumbo jumbo, it's worthless. Now, put up or shut up
I'm not making any extraordinary claims that require proof. Goes something like this. You say you can fly or turn invisible just by wishing it. I say you are full of shit. You're asking me to prove you can't fly or become invisible.

I

I'm not making any extraordinary claims that require proof. Goes something like this. You say you can fly or turn invisible just by wishing it. I say you are full of shit. You're asking me to prove you can't fly or become invisible.

Is your issue proselytation?

Forum List

Back