Why I don't believe in God

That's an easy one. Scripture numbering system was not created until centuries after Christ. So guess how a Rabbi told people what to read - he would quote the first part. Psalm 22 describes the crucifixion of Jesus. Very appropriate, eh?

Psalm 22:1-25 My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?Why are you so far from saving me,so far from my cries of anguish? My God, I cry out by day, but you do not answer,by night, but I find no rest. Yet you are enthroned as the Holy One;you are the one Israel praises. In you our ancestors put their trust;they trusted and you delivered them. To you they cried out and were saved;in you they trusted and were not put to shame. But I am a worm and not a man,scorned by everyone, despised by the people. All who see me mock me;they hurl insults, shaking their heads. “He trusts in the Lord,” they say,“let the Lord rescue him.Let him deliver him,since he delights in him.” Yet you brought me out of the womb;you made me trust in you, even at my mother’s breast. From birth I was cast on you;from my mother’s womb you have been my God. Do not be far from me,for trouble is nearand there is no one to help. Many bulls surround me;strong bulls of Bashan encircle me. Roaring lions that tear their preyopen their mouths wide against me. I am poured out like water,and all my bones are out of joint.My heart has turned to wax;it has melted within me. My mouth is dried up like a potsherd,and my tongue sticks to the roof of my mouth;you lay me in the dust of death. Dogs surround me,a pack of villains encircles me;they pierce my hands and my feet. All my bones are on display;people stare and gloat over me. They divide my clothes among themand cast lots for my garment. But you, Lord, do not be far from me.You are my strength; come quickly to help me. Deliver me from the sword,my precious life from the power of the dogs. Rescue me from the mouth of the lions;save me from the horns of the wild oxen. I will declare your name to my people;in the assembly I will praise you. You who fear the Lord, praise him!All you descendants of Jacob, honor him!Revere him, all you descendants of Israel! For he has not despised or scornedthe suffering of the afflicted one;he has not hidden his face from himbut has listened to his cry for help. From you comes the theme of my praise in the great assembly;before those who fear you I will fulfill my vows.

Tell us, who is Lord in the above?

And if Jesus is God, who was he crying out to save him, himself?
Good question. No one understands the trinity very well.
Let me ask you this - why and how was his crucifixion written down centuries before crucifixion was invented?

That's an easy one. Scripture numbering system was not created until centuries after Christ. So guess how a Rabbi told people what to read - he would quote the first part. Psalm 22 describes the crucifixion of Jesus. Very appropriate, eh?

Psalm 22:1-25 My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?Why are you so far from saving me,so far from my cries of anguish? My God, I cry out by day, but you do not answer,by night, but I find no rest. Yet you are enthroned as the Holy One;you are the one Israel praises. In you our ancestors put their trust;they trusted and you delivered them. To you they cried out and were saved;in you they trusted and were not put to shame. But I am a worm and not a man,scorned by everyone, despised by the people. All who see me mock me;they hurl insults, shaking their heads. “He trusts in the Lord,” they say,“let the Lord rescue him.Let him deliver him,since he delights in him.” Yet you brought me out of the womb;you made me trust in you, even at my mother’s breast. From birth I was cast on you;from my mother’s womb you have been my God. Do not be far from me,for trouble is nearand there is no one to help. Many bulls surround me;strong bulls of Bashan encircle me. Roaring lions that tear their preyopen their mouths wide against me. I am poured out like water,and all my bones are out of joint.My heart has turned to wax;it has melted within me. My mouth is dried up like a potsherd,and my tongue sticks to the roof of my mouth;you lay me in the dust of death. Dogs surround me,a pack of villains encircles me;they pierce my hands and my feet. All my bones are on display;people stare and gloat over me. They divide my clothes among themand cast lots for my garment. But you, Lord, do not be far from me.You are my strength; come quickly to help me. Deliver me from the sword,my precious life from the power of the dogs. Rescue me from the mouth of the lions;save me from the horns of the wild oxen. I will declare your name to my people;in the assembly I will praise you. You who fear the Lord, praise him!All you descendants of Jacob, honor him!Revere him, all you descendants of Israel! For he has not despised or scornedthe suffering of the afflicted one;he has not hidden his face from himbut has listened to his cry for help. From you comes the theme of my praise in the great assembly;before those who fear you I will fulfill my vows.

Let me ask you this - why and how was his crucifixion written down centuries before crucifixion was invented?
It wasn't.

And do answer the questions above. No one knows doesn't cut it but then you'd have to admit something, Jesus didn't think himself God, he thought himself the Messiah of the Jews. That makes Christianity polytheistic, which it is unless you are a nontrinitarian Christian, the only even partly valid kind who understand the trinity is utter bullshit, even Jesus would have agreed as he had a Lord, the Lord God...

People don't come to faith because they are fooled.
If only. Faith for most is nothing more than what you were raised with.
Not true at all. Christianity is sweeping thru Asia and the Middle East like a wildfire. These people have zero background in Christianity. I'm from an agnostic home and was agnostic until I did my homework.
The vast majority of the faithful were raised as faithful. Just because a faith appeals to fools. slaves, and children cannot be helped.
Is that your hang up? You bow to no one?
Even someone who died so you may live?
No one died so I could live. That was my parents fucking, and my mom not aborting.

As for bowing down to you God, he's entirely unworthy, not that I would bow down to any being, which I wouldn't.

Q for you, why can't you stand on your own two feet and take it, whatever it is, like a man? Fucking big daddy complex, and just as childish...
Because I want to be a better human being.
Like billions before me, my life is much different than it was BC.

It wasn't.

And do answer the questions above. No one knows doesn't cut it but then you'd have to admit something, Jesus didn't think himself God, he thought himself the Messiah of the Jews. That makes Christianity polytheistic, which it is unless you are a nontrinitarian Christian, the only even partly valid kind who understand the trinity is utter bullshit, even Jesus would have agreed as he had a Lord, the Lord God...
Genesis 1:26 Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”

Who was "us"?

The Bible never records Jesus saying the precise words, “I am God.” That does not mean, however, that He did not proclaim that He is God.

Jesus’ words in John 10:30 are, “I and the Father are one.” You need only to look at the Jews’ reaction to His statement to know He was claiming to be God. They tried to stone Him for this reason.

The Jews understood exactly what Jesus was claiming—deity. When Jesus declared, “I and the Father are one,”

John 8:58 is another example. Jesus declared, “I tell you the truth … before Abraham was born, I am!” Jews who heard this statement responded by taking up stones to kill Him for blasphemy as the Mosaic Law commanded

If only. Faith for most is nothing more than what you were raised with.
Not true at all. Christianity is sweeping thru Asia and the Middle East like a wildfire. These people have zero background in Christianity. I'm from an agnostic home and was agnostic until I did my homework.
The vast majority of the faithful were raised as faithful. Just because a faith appeals to fools. slaves, and children cannot be helped.
No one died so I could live. That was my parents fucking, and my mom not aborting.

As for bowing down to you God, he's entirely unworthy, not that I would bow down to any being, which I wouldn't.

Q for you, why can't you stand on your own two feet and take it, whatever it is, like a man? Fucking big daddy complex, and just as childish...
Life is better now that you live a lie like so many others. Got it.

It wasn't.

Genesis 1:26 Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”

Who was "us"?
God and his sycophants, that he made in his own image because his ego is that fucking big apparently.

And, humans weren't made in the image of God, there are two of us for starters. That utter nonsense, just the human ego at work.

Tell us, logically, did Adam have a penis? If he did what exactly was he supposed to fuck with it, the sheep?

Life is better now that you live a lie like so many others. Got it.
Maybe. Only a delusional fool would state they are always 100% certain in Gods existence or nonexistence. But as my wife and friends attest, I am a much better person than I was BC.
So I'm happy in my so called delusion.

The Bible never records Jesus saying the precise words, “I am God.” That does not mean, however, that He did not proclaim that He is God.

Jesus’ words in John 10:30 are, “I and the Father are one.” You need only to look at the Jews’ reaction to His statement to know He was claiming to be God. They tried to stone Him for this reason.

The Jews understood exactly what Jesus was claiming—deity. When Jesus declared, “I and the Father are one,”

John 8:58 is another example. Jesus declared, “I tell you the truth … before Abraham was born, I am!” Jews who heard this statement responded by taking up stones to kill Him for blasphemy as the Mosaic Law commanded
The reason he never said "I am God" is pretty simple, he didn't believe that, and John is crap, stick with the synoptic Gospels please.

BTW, the Jesus cult was just one of many Messiah cults around then, and not even a very good one.

It wasn't.

Who was "us"?
God and his sycophants, that he made in his own image because his ego is that fucking big apparently.

And, humans weren't made in the image of God, there are two of us for starters. That utter nonsense, just the human ego at work.

Tell us, logically, did Adam have a penis? If he did what exactly was he supposed to fuck with it, the sheep?

Ever read about the 2 guys who discovered the human genome? Both were atheists. By the end of their work one says we came from extraterrestrial aliens, the other says God did it.
The evidence is there, you just have to look.
Always wanted to ask the one guy where the extraterrestrial aliens came from.

A well-known problem in science, people go looking for something and well what do you know, they find it. When God finds me then it will count, otherwise it's just subjectivity at work. but I know your faith, which is why I rejected it as nonsense.

And those aliens, if they believe in God as well, and think of God as you do, which one of you is the one made in the image of God? You the tree-dweller stuck on a spinning rock, on the ones who came here in a flying saucer?

The ability to abstract.
A tardigrade can survive the vaccuum of space and there more of them than us. Maybe they are gods chosen one.

Humans are such funny animals. So smart and yet so dumb. So superstitious. Wishful thinking. It's a way of coping with death.

I think a real God will reward my intelligence, if there was one.
No right or wrong answer, but do you hope you are wrong?

I never saw an elephant painting a tree when it wasn't looking at the tree.
Personally, it wouldn't bother me if there was no difference between animals and humans.
All that matters to me is that my religion dictates I treat all people and animals with respect.

So what kind of criteria are you now applying to the elephant? He has to paint something from sheer imagination that he's never seen before? "Abstract" now takes on this murky meaning that you can define however you please, as best as I can tell.

You have an elephant thinking an abstract thought... Hmmm, I am going to paint a picture of a tree with pink flowers and an elephant beneath it.... then taking a brush and paint and bringing that thought to life on canvas. If this is not an example of what you meant by "abstract thought" you need to clarify what it is. No one can chase around a loose-end interpretation that you get to change as you please.
How does this prove a god exists?

*sigh*

How many times does someone have to tell you this? If a God could be proved to exist we wouldn't be having this conversation. I certainly never have claimed that I could prove God exists. Do you come here in hopes that one day someone will post proof that God exists? I can save you an enormous amount of time.

The main problem with "prove god exists" is all three of those words are subjective and ambiguous. Proof is what you are willing to accept evidence for and believe. To "prove" something to you requires 1) for you to believe it's possible and 2) for you to accept the evidence available. There is no other way to "prove" things. Next is "god" and what is meant by that word. Is it an invisible person? Is it a spirit? Is it metaphysical energy? And finally, what do you mean by "exist"? In a physical sense, how can a spiritual thing exist? God is by definition, not a physical being. Therefore, not physically existent.

We were having a conversation about what is the difference between humans and elephants or tortoises. The one unique thing that distinguishes humans from all other life is human spirituality. Some will argue that spirituality is just our way of coping with death but it's actually the other way around, our fears of death and contemplation of afterlife are byproducts of our spiritual awareness. That's exactly why this "coping with death" thing isn't found anywhere else in nature.

A well-known problem in science, people go looking for something and well what do you know, they find it. When God finds me then it will count, otherwise it's just subjectivity at work. but I know your faith, which is why I rejected it as nonsense.

And those aliens, if they believe in God as well, and think of God as you do, which one of you is the one made in the image of God? You the tree-dweller stuck on a spinning rock, on the ones who came here on a flying saucer?

They were not looking for God. They hit a brick wall of evidence and were forced to change their beliefs. Same evidence is there for all. Some just chose to pretend they never saw it.

So I'm happy in my so called delusion.
Nuff said. They lie works, religion in a nutshell.
So what's the downside of my faith that disturbs you so much?
It's a lie, and people of a lie are dangerous. They do things based upon lies, not rational thought.
Well that is true. Highly irrational of me spending hundreds of hours and big $ helping people who I will likely never see again, let alone get repaid. And yes, I think Satan considers such behavior as dangerous.

A tardigrade can survive the vaccuum of space and there more of them than us. Maybe they are gods chosen one.

Humans are such funny animals. So smart and yet so dumb. So superstitious. Wishful thinking. It's a way of coping with death.

I think a real God will reward my intelligence, if there was one.

Personally, it wouldn't bother me if there was no difference between animals and humans.
All that matters to me is that my religion dictates I treat all people and animals with respect.

So what kind of criteria are you now applying to the elephant? He has to paint something from sheer imagination that he's never seen before? "Abstract" now takes on this murky meaning that you can define however you please, as best as I can tell.

You have an elephant thinking an abstract thought... Hmmm, I am going to paint a picture of a tree with pink flowers and an elephant beneath it.... then taking a brush and paint and bringing that thought to life on canvas. If this is not an example of what you meant by "abstract thought" you need to clarify what it is. No one can chase around a loose-end interpretation that you get to change as you please.

*sigh*

How many times does someone have to tell you this? If a God could be proved to exist we wouldn't be having this conversation. I certainly never have claimed that I could prove God exists. Do you come here in hopes that one day someone will post proof that God exists? I can save you an enormous amount of time.

The main problem with "prove god exists" is all three of those words are subjective and ambiguous. Proof is what you are willing to accept evidence for and believe. To "prove" something to you requires 1) for you to believe it's possible and 2) for you to accept the evidence available. There is no other way to "prove" things. Next is "god" and what is meant by that word. Is it an invisible person? Is it a spirit? Is it metaphysical energy? And finally, what do you mean by "exist"? In a physical sense, how can a spiritual thing exist? God is by definition, not a physical being. Therefore, not physically existent.

We were having a conversation about what is the difference between humans and elephants or tortoises. The one unique thing that distinguishes humans from all other life is human spirituality. Some will argue that spirituality is just our way of coping with death but it's actually the other way around, our fears of death and contemplation of afterlife are byproducts of our spiritual awareness. That's exactly why this "coping with death" thing isn't found anywhere else in nature.
If there was a permanent cloud over every city that said "God Exists" people would just shrug it off as a natural event and the basis why the concept of God was created.

Well that is true. Highly irrational of me spending hundreds of hours and big $ helping people who I will likely never see again, let alone get repaid. And yes, I think Satan considers such behavior as dangerous.
What did Jesus tell you to do, keep to yourself and horde your possessions?

Don't pat yourself on the back for doing as your Savior taught. He taught about that as well eh?

*sigh*

If there was a permanent cloud over every city that said "God Exists" people would just shrug it off as a natural event and the basis why the concept of God was created.
If you want to prove God exists you'd better do a whole lot better than that. When he stops by for a drink, what the fuck else does he have to do, then we're on our way. Got more than a few thing to ask that SOB, and he'd better bring his A-game and a better than average single-male whiskey.

Forum List

Back