Why I don't believe in God

The evidence is there, you just have to look.
Always wanted to ask the one guy where the extraterrestrial aliens came from.
A well-known problem in science, people go looking for something and well what do you know, they find it. When God finds me then it will count, otherwise it's just subjectivity at work. but I know your faith, which is why I rejected it as nonsense.

And those aliens, if they believe in God as well, and think of God as you do, which one of you is the one made in the image of God? You the tree-dweller stuck on a spinning rock, on the ones who came here on a flying saucer?

They were not looking for God. They hit a brick wall of evidence and were forced to change their beliefs. Same evidence is there for all. Some just chose to pretend they never saw it.
Their subjective experiences, and religion always is, changes nothing.

Tell me, if your faith is a lie, and dead is dead, no afterlife, any problems with that?

Well that is true. Highly irrational of me spending hundreds of hours and big $ helping people who I will likely never see again, let alone get repaid. And yes, I think Satan considers such behavior as dangerous.
What did Jesus tell you to do, keep to yourself and horde your possessions?

Don't pat yourself on the back for doing as your Savior taught. He taught about that as well eh?
So which is it, I'm dangerous for helping the poor or because I changed and started helping the poor?
Which is the threat you're worried about?

A well-known problem in science, people go looking for something and well what do you know, they find it. When God finds me then it will count, otherwise it's just subjectivity at work. but I know your faith, which is why I rejected it as nonsense.

And those aliens, if they believe in God as well, and think of God as you do, which one of you is the one made in the image of God? You the tree-dweller stuck on a spinning rock, on the ones who came here on a flying saucer?

They were not looking for God. They hit a brick wall of evidence and were forced to change their beliefs. Same evidence is there for all. Some just chose to pretend they never saw it.

Tell me, if your faith is a lie, and dead is dead, no afterlife, any problems with that?
If we cease to exist, that means we are no more important than a worm. Do I have a problem with that? Yeah. We all know that's a lie, humans are something special.

Humans cannot prove there's a God.

Out of curiosity, were any of your descendants religious?
Do you consider them fools?
If so, do you consider yourself a superior genetic anomaly?
These questions are serious, not sarcastic.

If we cease to exist, that means we are no more important than a worm. Do I have a problem with that? Yeah. We all know that's a lie, humans are something special.
LOL. No, they aren't. Just because you are the top of evolutionary cycle currently, very questionable but that depends on the criteria used, doesn't mean you have a soul or any right to anything else, ike an afterlife. You want to beat death so Jesus is your ticket to Heaven and you cling to it. News for you, you are just another animal who made up god and gods to explain a universe you aren't even remotely equipped to understand or survive in. God didn't create man, man created God, and absolutely nothing in all of human history shows anything different.

If God is at work in the world, there sure as hell isn't any evidence of it.

Anyone who believes in God or gods is a moron, period.

People don't come to faith because they are fooled.
If only. Faith for most is nothing more than what you were raised with.
Not true at all. Christianity is sweeping thru Asia and the Middle East like a wildfire. These people have zero background in Christianity. I'm from an agnostic home and was agnostic until I did my homework.
The vast majority of the faithful were raised as faithful. Just because a faith appeals to fools. slaves, and children cannot be helped.
Is that your hang up? You bow to no one?
Even someone who died so you may live?

Let me explain his hangup (and probably the hangup of most anti-Christians)...

They realize how all belief in God requires faith and cannot be physically proved. This allows them to disbelieve and challenge others to "prove" God, which they know, can't be done. Now the thing about freeing yourself from belief in God is that you also free yourself from any moral responsibility. This allows people like PaintFumes to live the decadent lifestyle he enjoys without guilt or accountability.

Well that is true. Highly irrational of me spending hundreds of hours and big $ helping people who I will likely never see again, let alone get repaid. And yes, I think Satan considers such behavior as dangerous.

Don't pat yourself on the back for doing as your Savior taught. He taught about that as well eh?
So which is it, I'm dangerous for helping the poor or because I changed and started helping the poor?
You're dangerous because you will do, sometimes, what your holy book says to without using the supposedly rational brain you claim God gave you. If you did actually do what Jesus taught, I'd give you a pass. He might have been a loon but for the most part, he wasn't a selfish blind asshole like most Americans.

Anyone who believes in God or gods is a moron, period.

So you are a superior genetic anomaly.
How often did your Bible thumping father beat the Devil out of you?

Not true at all. Christianity is sweeping thru Asia and the Middle East like a wildfire. These people have zero background in Christianity. I'm from an agnostic home and was agnostic until I did my homework.
The vast majority of the faithful were raised as faithful. Just because a faith appeals to fools. slaves, and children cannot be helped.

They realize how all belief in God requires faith and cannot be physically proved. This allows them to disbelieve and challenge others to "prove" God, which they know, can't be done. Now the thing about freeing yourself from belief in God is that you also free yourself from any moral responsibility. This allows people like PaintFumes to live the decadent lifestyle he enjoys without guilt or accountability.

Wrong...See post 289.

My life is far more moral than the average "Christian", and I don't fly planes into buildings or burn witches because God said to.

Most humans are believers because:

1. They were raised that way.
2. They see design and think Designer.
3. Death scares the crap out of them and therefore they want a way out.

God is the easy answer. If you accept it you go off and make babies and plow the fields, all most people will ever do that matters...

Wrong...See post 289.

Post 289 doesn't prove me wrong it proves me right.

You're dangerous because you will do, sometimes, what your holy book says to without using the supposedly rational brain you claim God gave you. If you did actually do what Jesus taught, I'd give you a pass. He might have been a loon but for the most part, he wasn't a selfish blind asshole like most Americans.
You keep looking at people to judge God, no wonder you struggle. Look at what Jesus did, taught and why he taught it.

Got to go, off to meet with a pastor about an orphanage in Southeast Asia.

Wrong...See post 289.

Post 289 doesn't prove me wrong it proves me right.

I was just a bit more explicit.
He's one abused hombre.

My life is far more moral than the average "Christian".

No it's not, you're just a really good liar because you have no moral conscience. Your so-called "morals" center around self-interest because there is no other valid reason for them. If it serves your self interests to do moral good, you will. If it doesn't, you probably won't. And if it's counter to your self interests, you certainly won't.

You keep looking at people to judge God, no wonder you struggle. Look at what Jesus did, taught and why he taught it.

Got to go, off to meet with a pastor about an orphanage in Southeast Asia.
No, when I judge God, at least your God, I'd crucify the SOB myself, take him down, burn him, and do it again. Any God that thinks this is a valid place for even the most remotely decent, intelligent, and conscious human would be a monster that would defy description.

And here we are right back to the Problem of Evil, why most people don't believe in God. Ditheism gets around that by the way, this is Hell created by that God and you are trying your best to get to the nicer one. The God of the Bible, not him, he's a monster.

Is there anything that would make you have faith that Jesus is real?
He could return I suppose? He's slightly overdue, roughly 2,000 years.

And most of us like Jesus a whole lot more than the people who supposedly follow him...
Oh, and you personally seeing Jesus may or may not be enough. Remember what people did to him.
Very good point. If the people who saw him didn't convert, why did the people who later just heard about him convert? For example, my ignorant Greek ancestors who were worshipping Zeus then fell for that Jesus crap. Didn't they ask for evidence? Of course they didn't! Do Americans today ask for proof? Nope! They just swallow whatever their parents and preachers tell them.
Like many, I came to faith by researching the evidence. My entire career has been in science, and almost 20 years ago I saw something I couldn't explain. Still took me a few years. I'd be a Jew, Muslim, Hindu or whatever if they had more evidence.

People don't come to faith because they are fooled. Anyone who honestly wants to know the truth will seek it and end up in the same boat I'm in.
Jews Muslims and Hindu say the exact same thing. If you were born in Iran, you'd be a Muslim.

Is there anything that would make you have faith that Jesus is real?
He could return I suppose? He's slightly overdue, roughly 2,000 years.

And most of us like Jesus a whole lot more than the people who supposedly follow him...
Oh, and you personally seeing Jesus may or may not be enough. Remember what people did to him.
Very good point. If the people who saw him didn't convert, why did the people who later just heard about him convert? For example, my ignorant Greek ancestors who were worshipping Zeus then fell for that Jesus crap. Didn't they ask for evidence? Of course they didn't! Do Americans today ask for proof? Nope! They just swallow whatever their parents and preachers tell them.
Like many, I came to faith by researching the evidence. My entire career has been in science, and almost 20 years ago I saw something I couldn't explain. Still took me a few years. I'd be a Jew, Muslim, Hindu or whatever if they had more evidence.

People don't come to faith because they are fooled. Anyone who honestly wants to know the truth will seek it and end up in the same boat I'm in.
And like many, I came to Atheism by researching the evidence. Anyone who wants to know the truth will seek it and end up in the same boat I am. Or they can just continue with wishful thinking.

Forum List

Back