Why I don't believe in God

I don't believe in God because it is just too ridiculous a concept for me, and there are many contradictions. I just cannot believe it. There are some times, of course, where I have my doubts about my beliefs, but for the most part I have to say that I find the concept of a "God" or "gods" to be quite silly. No offense, that's just me.

In my opinion, it is a man made and made up concept because human beings have a need to "explain" everything. We are curious by nature and that is only normal that when there is ignorance, we would attribute some things to a "higher power" or to "gods." I think a lot of this stems from our fear of the unknown, and especially dying and death. It's very comforting to believe that you will see your deceased loved ones again and be reunited with them in a "heaven" type of place. I don't like to take that away from others. I guess if that helps some people deal with loss or their eventual demise, then it's all good. I do not like when they try to guilt other people or even threaten them (with hell, etc) to believe or to live like they do though.

In my opinion, it is a man made and made up concept because human beings have a need to "explain" everything. We are curious by nature and that is only normal that when there is ignorance, we would attribute some things to a "higher power" or to "gods." I think a lot of this stems from our fear of the unknown, and especially dying and death. It's very comforting to believe that you will see your deceased loved ones again and be reunited with them in a "heaven" type of place. I don't like to take that away from others. I guess if that helps some people deal with loss or their eventual demise, then it's all good. I do not like when they try to guilt other people or even threaten them (with hell, etc) to believe or to live like they do though.
If religion was "all good" in the end faith wouldn't be a problem. Living a lie, and especially acting upon it, makes this place a living hell...

That's an easy one. Scripture numbering system was not created until centuries after Christ. So guess how a Rabbi told people what to read - he would quote the first part. Psalm 22 describes the crucifixion of Jesus. Very appropriate, eh?

Psalm 22:1-25 My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?Why are you so far from saving me,so far from my cries of anguish? My God, I cry out by day, but you do not answer,by night, but I find no rest. Yet you are enthroned as the Holy One;you are the one Israel praises. In you our ancestors put their trust;they trusted and you delivered them. To you they cried out and were saved;in you they trusted and were not put to shame. But I am a worm and not a man,scorned by everyone, despised by the people. All who see me mock me;they hurl insults, shaking their heads. “He trusts in the Lord,” they say,“let the Lord rescue him.Let him deliver him,since he delights in him.” Yet you brought me out of the womb;you made me trust in you, even at my mother’s breast. From birth I was cast on you;from my mother’s womb you have been my God. Do not be far from me,for trouble is nearand there is no one to help. Many bulls surround me;strong bulls of Bashan encircle me. Roaring lions that tear their preyopen their mouths wide against me. I am poured out like water,and all my bones are out of joint.My heart has turned to wax;it has melted within me. My mouth is dried up like a potsherd,and my tongue sticks to the roof of my mouth;you lay me in the dust of death. Dogs surround me,a pack of villains encircles me;they pierce my hands and my feet. All my bones are on display;people stare and gloat over me. They divide my clothes among themand cast lots for my garment. But you, Lord, do not be far from me.You are my strength; come quickly to help me. Deliver me from the sword,my precious life from the power of the dogs. Rescue me from the mouth of the lions;save me from the horns of the wild oxen. I will declare your name to my people;in the assembly I will praise you. You who fear the Lord, praise him!All you descendants of Jacob, honor him!Revere him, all you descendants of Israel! For he has not despised or scornedthe suffering of the afflicted one;he has not hidden his face from himbut has listened to his cry for help. From you comes the theme of my praise in the great assembly;before those who fear you I will fulfill my vows.

Tell us, who is Lord in the above?

And if Jesus is God, who was he crying out to save him, himself?
Good question. No one understands the trinity very well.
Let me ask you this - why and how was his crucifixion written down centuries before crucifixion was invented?
It wasn't.

And do answer the questions above. No one knows doesn't cut it but then you'd have to admit something, Jesus didn't think himself God, he thought himself the Messiah of the Jews. That makes Christianity polytheistic, which it is unless you are a nontrinitarian Christian, the only even partly valid kind who understand the trinity is utter bullshit, even Jesus would have agreed as he had a Lord, the Lord God...
Genesis 1:26 Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”

Who was "us"?
God and his sycophants, that he made in his own image because his ego is that fucking big apparently.

And, humans weren't made in the image of God, there are two of us for starters. That utter nonsense, just the human ego at work.

Tell us, logically, did Adam have a penis? If he did what exactly was he supposed to fuck with it, the sheep?
Evolution says we are all related. The trees, frogs, dinosaurs, lions, sheep all have a common ancestor. And there wasn't a first human. Humans slowly became humans from a more primitive ape like animal. So what I'm saying is maybe Adam was a pre human and he had sex with another species (sheep) and that is how humans came to me. Probably not a sheep but could have been something with an easily accessable vajayjay.

The Bible never records Jesus saying the precise words, “I am God.” That does not mean, however, that He did not proclaim that He is God.

Jesus’ words in John 10:30 are, “I and the Father are one.” You need only to look at the Jews’ reaction to His statement to know He was claiming to be God. They tried to stone Him for this reason.

The Jews understood exactly what Jesus was claiming—deity. When Jesus declared, “I and the Father are one,”

John 8:58 is another example. Jesus declared, “I tell you the truth … before Abraham was born, I am!” Jews who heard this statement responded by taking up stones to kill Him for blasphemy as the Mosaic Law commanded
You act like the authors of the bible were chasing Jesus around "recording" what he said.

Sometimes I love you.

Tell us, who is Lord in the above?

And if Jesus is God, who was he crying out to save him, himself?
Let me ask you this - why and how was his crucifixion written down centuries before crucifixion was invented?
It wasn't.

And do answer the questions above. No one knows doesn't cut it but then you'd have to admit something, Jesus didn't think himself God, he thought himself the Messiah of the Jews. That makes Christianity polytheistic, which it is unless you are a nontrinitarian Christian, the only even partly valid kind who understand the trinity is utter bullshit, even Jesus would have agreed as he had a Lord, the Lord God...
Genesis 1:26 Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”

Who was "us"?
God and his sycophants, that he made in his own image because his ego is that fucking big apparently.

And, humans weren't made in the image of God, there are two of us for starters. That utter nonsense, just the human ego at work.

Tell us, logically, did Adam have a penis? If he did what exactly was he supposed to fuck with it, the sheep?
Evolution says we are all related. The trees, frogs, dinosaurs, lions, sheep all have a common ancestor. And there wasn't a first human. Humans slowly became humans from a more primitive ape like animal. So what I'm saying is maybe Adam was a pre human and he had sex with another species (sheep) and that is how humans came to me. Probably not a sheep but could have been something with an easily accessable vajayjay.
"Adam" had no penis. The default human sex, therefore the one made in the Image of God, is female.

Men got the penises and the nipples, which we have no need for, came along for the ride. Just a modification on the original and anyone with an eye for design can see that from 100 feet away...

Last edited:
It wasn't.

Who was "us"?

"Adam" had no penis. The default human sex, therefore the one made in the Image of God, is female.

We got the penises and the nipples, which we have no need for, came along for the ride. Just a modification on the original and anyone with an eye for design can see that from 100 feet away...

Penis...First sign of Devolution.

I was just a bit more explicit.
He's one abused hombre.

I think YOU'RE an abused hombre. I think something happened in your life to turn you against religion. I can't tell you what that event was, I don't know your story. At some point, you decided to abandon your spirituality and declare war on religion. I pray that you will one day again find your spiritual connection and walk upright with your fellow humans.

I have read many of your condescending remarks about people in the Economics and Politics threads, so don't even try to claim a moral ground.
As for myself, you will never attain a fraction of the awareness of God's presence as I possess.
Boss isn't even a Christian. He only believes in generic god.

Boss claims to be "Spiritual" but CONSTANTLY comes off as a non-Spiritual, egoistic, arrogant ass in the Economics and Politics threads.

Why do you think my strong spiritual connection has anything to do with my treatment of idiots in political or economic debates? My God doesn't "care" because it's not a Supreme Person. If I ran across one of you libtarded pinheads drowning and didn't try and save you, that would be a different story. To borrow a phrase from my Christian friends, my soul is compelled to follow a path of righteousness. That doesn't mean I have to refrain from calling you a moron or dipshit on a message board.

If religion was "all good" in the end faith wouldn't be a problem. Living a lie, and especially acting upon it, makes this place a living hell...

Well, you cannot control how other people are going to think!

He's one abused hombre.

I think YOU'RE an abused hombre. I think something happened in your life to turn you against religion. I can't tell you what that event was, I don't know your story. At some point, you decided to abandon your spirituality and declare war on religion. I pray that you will one day again find your spiritual connection and walk upright with your fellow humans.

I have read many of your condescending remarks about people in the Economics and Politics threads, so don't even try to claim a moral ground.
As for myself, you will never attain a fraction of the awareness of God's presence as I possess.

Boss claims to be "Spiritual" but CONSTANTLY comes off as a non-Spiritual, egoistic, arrogant ass in the Economics and Politics threads.

Why do you think my strong spiritual connection has anything to do with my treatment of idiots in political or economic debates? My God doesn't "care" because it's not a Supreme Person. If I ran across one of you libtarded pinheads drowning and didn't try and save you, that would be a different story. To borrow a phrase from my Christian friends, my soul is compelled to follow a path of righteousness. That doesn't mean I have to refrain from calling you a moron or dipshit on a message board.

Somehow, I think Jesus would disagree. :D Turn the other cheek and all that. ;)

It wasn't.

Who was "us"?

We got the penises and the nipples, which we have no need for, came along for the ride. Just a modification on the original and anyone with an eye for design can see that from 100 feet away...

Penis...First sign of Devolution.
Separation of the sexes has been quite useful in our case. You have a sex for dying in battle, running down large dangerous animals, and parallel parking. The other sex handles the rest. Win-win.

Well, you cannot control how other people are going to think!
No, but we can damn well show them it's wrong...

It wasn't.

Who was "us"?

Lol! What???

It wasn't.

Who was "us"?

Penises and nipples are just along for the ride? :lol: This has to go down as one of the funniest posts of the day, I think!

He's one abused hombre.

You are arrogant and condescending.
However, I must thank you for keeping your posting in the last few days brief compared to your usual encyclopedic methodology.

He's one abused hombre.

Perhaps because I'm the same in real life as I am on these boards.

It wasn't.

Who was "us"?

Penises and nipples are just along for the ride? :lol: This has to go down as one of the funniest posts of the day, I think!
The nipples are for you, AKA the babies you make. We got a set because we are you, modified. It's biology,

Saw the thread headline. Saw the author of the thread's OP.

Then, a question came up:

Who gives a rat's ass why he (or anybody else) doesn't believe (or does believe) in God?

Forum List

Back