Why I don't believe in God

You can just imagine what a "miracle" the ancient people thought it was when a loved one was unconscious or in a coma and suddenly came too. Of course, I think it is normal that they would think a lot of natural occurrences that they could not explain and did not understand to be the works of "gods."

Just like the belief in vampires, it developed based upon some facts. I've seen quite a few documentaries on the vampire myths and how they developed due to bloated bodies and blood leaking out of the mouth and other orifices before the process of embalming was regularly used, and other weird things the dead body might do after being bloated with gas and blood.

Saw the thread headline. Saw the author of the thread's OP.

Then, a question came up:

Who gives a rat's ass why he (or anybody else) doesn't believe (or does believe) in God?

Discussion? It's an interesting discussion, the belief in gods.

Nah. Not really. It's in the wrong forum, anyway.

A "discussion" would maybe be more of an open question along the lines of "let's talk about why we either do or do not believe in a God or in gods?"

An egotistical bit of pontificating would presume that anybody either does or should give a crap about HIS personal disinclination to believe in God.

Why on Earth would it matter to most other people "why" he happens to be one of many non believers?

I mean. Good for him. But who cares?

Okay, fair point, but I still find it a good spring board to discussion about the belief and why it exists, etc, but yeah, people love to talk about themselves too. :D

If this thread had been posted in the Religion forum, the challenge to my snarky commentary about the OP would be more on point.

I do agree that EVERY participant in almost all discussions on the Board is demonstrating a bit of ego. It's like they are claiming "hey. listen to what I have to say about this topic. MY thoughts are worthy of YOUR time and consideration!"

Of course, some of us are right. Some aren't.

Is there some noble reason why you are posting your thoughts and opinions? :D

Saw the thread headline. Saw the author of the thread's OP.

Then, a question came up:

Who gives a rat's ass why he (or anybody else) doesn't believe (or does believe) in God?

A "discussion" would maybe be more of an open question along the lines of "let's talk about why we either do or do not believe in a God or in gods?"

An egotistical bit of pontificating would presume that anybody either does or should give a crap about HIS personal disinclination to believe in God.

Why on Earth would it matter to most other people "why" he happens to be one of many non believers?

Okay, fair point, but I still find it a good spring board to discussion about the belief and why it exists, etc, but yeah, people love to talk about themselves too. :D

If this thread had been posted in the Religion forum, the challenge to my snarky commentary about the OP would be more on point.

I do agree that EVERY participant in almost all discussions on the Board is demonstrating a bit of ego. It's like they are claiming "hey. listen to what I have to say about this topic. MY thoughts are worthy of YOUR time and consideration!"

Of course. I have seen the light. I am more or less obliged to SHARE, with the people, my quite valuable insights and musings!

In the alternative: Free will, baby!

Of course. I have seen the light. I am more or less obliged to SHARE, with the people, my quite valuable insights and musings!

And said light is?

And said light is?

Wow. You ARE plodding. I mean, you generally are; but you seem unable and unwilling to elevate your game.

I just now finished explaining the light I was shown. (Really, it shone upon me from the heavens.) Let me repeat it for your dim witted benefit:

I am more or less obliged to SHARE, with the people, my quite valuable insights and musings!

Well . . . waiting. :)

I was just a bit more explicit.
He's one abused hombre.

I think YOU'RE an abused hombre. I think something happened in your life to turn you against religion. I can't tell you what that event was, I don't know your story. At some point, you decided to abandon your spirituality and declare war on religion. I pray that you will one day again find your spiritual connection and walk upright with your fellow humans.

I have read many of your condescending remarks about people in the Economics and Politics threads, so don't even try to claim a moral ground.
As for myself, you will never attain a fraction of the awareness of God's presence as I possess.
Boss isn't even a Christian. He only believes in generic god.

Boss claims to be "Spiritual" but CONSTANTLY comes off as a non-Spiritual, egoistic, arrogant ass in the Economics and Politics threads.
I often notice how Republicans who claim to be godly are the most horrible people when it comes to economics and politics.

Feed the poor? Fuck no. Cure the sick? Fuck no. Go to war over money, fuck yea! George Zimmerman murdered Trevon? So fucking what?

And said light is?

Wow. You ARE plodding. I mean, you generally are; but you seem unable and unwilling to elevate your game.

I just now finished explaining the light I was shown. (Really, it shone upon me from the heavens.) Let me repeat it for your dim witted benefit:

I am more or less obliged to SHARE, with the people, my quite valuable insights and musings!

Clear it up for us, what is said light?

No it's not, you're just a really good liar because you have no moral conscience. Your so-called "morals" center around self-interest because there is no other valid reason for them. If it serves your self interests to do moral good, you will. If it doesn't, you probably won't. And if it's counter to your self interests, you certainly won't.
Same with Christians. Remember the shooter asked people if they were christians and if they said yes he shot them? Do you know how many said no they were not christians? So they would deny Jesus if it would save their mortal life.
Most Christians don't have anything like real faith. If they did they wouldn't so fucking afraid of death, they'd embrace it. Continue to live here or in a paradise? Yeah, tough choice.
Heaven or Hell without nuance IS frightening.
It's also very Communistic.
Help for you, what comes the source returns to the source. Either you and Hitler will be in Heaven together, or you will both be dust, pick one?
Jews don't subscribe to the Heaven/Hell paradigm.
Your soul is what you make of it in this life.
Hitler is suffering from an eternal sense of embarrassment now that's he in a world of Truth and devoid of ego.
Your life is what you make of it in this life. And if you as a living being get a terminal disease, you no longer have any control over your life. Just like a 5 year old cow being led to slaughter, your time is up. And if the cow lived a good life up until the end, I'd rather have been that cow than a human who suffered from age 1-4 then died.

Neither the cow or child live on eternally after they die. If they do there is no proof or evidence of it. I don't care what you dreamed when you almost died on the doctors operating table.

And said light is?

Again, oh plodding pal, I already did. And what you MEANT was "clear it up for YOU."

Sorry, but you are obviously far too stupid to have much of anything cleared up for you.

I was just a bit more explicit.
He's one abused hombre.

I think YOU'RE an abused hombre. I think something happened in your life to turn you against religion. I can't tell you what that event was, I don't know your story. At some point, you decided to abandon your spirituality and declare war on religion. I pray that you will one day again find your spiritual connection and walk upright with your fellow humans.

I have read many of your condescending remarks about people in the Economics and Politics threads, so don't even try to claim a moral ground.
As for myself, you will never attain a fraction of the awareness of God's presence as I possess.
Boss isn't even a Christian. He only believes in generic god.

Boss claims to be "Spiritual" but CONSTANTLY comes off as a non-Spiritual, egoistic, arrogant ass in the Economics and Politics threads.
I often notice how Republicans who claim to be godly are the most horrible people when it comes to economics and politics.

Feed the poor? Fuck no. Cure the sick? Fuck no. Go to war over money, fuck yea! George Zimmerman murdered Trevon? So fucking what?

You "often notice" no such thing. But you often say such dishonest tripe, that you've come to buy your own inane stupid baseless bullshit rhetoric.

Your political betters (i.e., Republicans and conservatives) are absolutely FOR feeding the poor. That they might disagree on HOW to accomplish it doesn't mean that they are against it, you jerkoff.

Your political betters (i.e., Republicans and conservatives) are absolutely FOR curing those who are ill. Unlike brain dead assholes like you, however, they recognize that politicians are not doctors and scientists. So, they disagree with idiots such as you on HOW to help get medical care for those who are ill. That certainly does NOT mean they oppose seeking cures for the sick, you dishonest hack twerp.

Nobody except asshole outlying statistics seek war over money. That's just the cheap, dishonest rhetoric of morons like you who favor isolationism in almost all case and then complain when things end up going very badly. It turns out that your do nothing at all philosophy doesn't serve the ends of peace all that well, you fucking dipshit.

Oh and George Zimmerman never murdered anybody. Lying about it, and then repeating your lies, doesn't change that fact.

Please try to get your brain to function, for perhaps the first time in your life. And do consider someday (for a special first time) giving honesty a chance. It will not actually kill you.

Now THAT is some spiritual shit, man. Break out um peace pipe and smoke um up!
If I were that bunny rabbit you take care of, I might think I am a god, or that I died and went to heaven.

The bunny is like a god. I adore him and spoil the crap out of him. He is like an alive stuffed animal. He is dumb but the cutest thing eva! :lol:

In my opinion, it is a man made and made up concept because human beings have a need to "explain" everything. We are curious by nature and that is only normal that when there is ignorance, we would attribute some things to a "higher power" or to "gods." I think a lot of this stems from our fear of the unknown, and especially dying and death. It's very comforting to believe that you will see your deceased loved ones again and be reunited with them in a "heaven" type of place. I don't like to take that away from others. I guess if that helps some people deal with loss or their eventual demise, then it's all good. I do not like when they try to guilt other people or even threaten them (with hell, etc) to believe or to live like they do though.

I realize this is your opinion, Chris, but I disagree. By nature, we are spiritual creatures. We always have been as best we can tell. Humans have this intrinsic spiritual awareness that nothing else in nature seems to have... if other things have it, we don't see it manifest as such. It is THIS spiritual awareness we have that makes us "fear death" or have a problem coping with it.

When you objectively look at nature, there are things which can see better, hear better, taste better, smell better and have a better sense of touch than human beings. We don't even master our own senses as far as species go. Some animals are capable of amazing things that humans could never do... Would you have any idea which flowers need pollinating and when? I wouldn't have a clue. Would you know how to build a massive colony or hive? Bees and ants know. Could you smell food 5 miles away? A bear or shark can. So as you can see, we really suck in terms of what we can do compared to most of nature.

The ONE thing we have an advantage on is our spiritual connection. It is through our belief in some power greater than self that enabled humans to become what we are. We even invented a word to describe the effect... Inspiration.

Now... Does this mean there is a "deity" associated with this spirituality? I don't know, no one does. That's where faith comes in. Even the most devoutly religious believer in God does not KNOW and cannot KNOW until they die, if they were correct. They can only believe and have faith. This is why I can't believe in Christian god of the Bible. It's not that I reject it, I just can't believe it on faith. However, I need NO faith to understand and feel my spiritual connection. Spiritual Nature is my God, it doesn't judge or condemn, it doesn't love or forgive.

And said light is?

Again, oh plodding pal, I already did. And what you MEANT was "clear it up for YOU."

Sorry, but you are obviously far too stupid to have much of anything cleared up for you.
Well, whatever this light is it's not important enough for you to just say it so, that ends that.

And said light is?

I'm sorry, but I'm not seeing the light. :D

And said light is?

I'm sorry, but I'm not seeing the light. :D

that's your vision issue.

Not mine! :D

And said light is?

Well, whatever this light is it's not important enough for you to just say it so, that ends that.

Well, as I have already told you: "I already told you."

That's what ended it.

Now, go play in traffic, you idiot.

Forum List

Back