Why I don't believe in God

My life is far more moral than the average "Christian".

No it's not, you're just a really good liar because you have no moral conscience. Your so-called "morals" center around self-interest because there is no other valid reason for them. If it serves your self interests to do moral good, you will. If it doesn't, you probably won't. And if it's counter to your self interests, you certainly won't.
What you believe is entirely incorrect. Find an Ayn Rand kid, the place is loaded with them, those are your selfish immoral infants. Ask them if they would run into the street to save a toddler? Nope, unless it would pay off for them and they knew it. Trust me on this one, I've asked, many times. They are as self-centered as a babe in arms, and just as moral...

I was just a bit more explicit.
He's one abused hombre.

I think YOU'RE an abused hombre. I think something happened in your life to turn you against religion. I can't tell you what that event was, I don't know your story. At some point, you decided to abandon your spirituality and declare war on religion. I pray that you will one day again find your spiritual connection and walk upright with your fellow humans.

People don't come to faith because they are fooled.
If only. Faith for most is nothing more than what you were raised with.
Not true at all. Christianity is sweeping thru Asia and the Middle East like a wildfire. These people have zero background in Christianity. I'm from an agnostic home and was agnostic until I did my homework.
Ha ha!

Islam is the fastest growing religion in USA

Why Muslims are the world’s fastest-growing religious group

And why aren't Mormon's buying your story? They have their own twist. Is your sect of Christianity growing in Utah?

He's one abused hombre.

I think YOU'RE an abused hombre. I think something happened in your life to turn you against religion. I can't tell you what that event was, I don't know your story. At some point, you decided to abandon your spirituality and declare war on religion. I pray that you will one day again find your spiritual connection and walk upright with your fellow humans.
Religion is what turns people off on religion, and more specifically, the actions and words of the faithful.

Someone trying to understand Jesus reading what gets posted here wouldn't walk away from Jesus, they would run for their very lives.

People don't come to faith because they are fooled.
If only. Faith for most is nothing more than what you were raised with.
Not true at all. Christianity is sweeping thru Asia and the Middle East like a wildfire. These people have zero background in Christianity. I'm from an agnostic home and was agnostic until I did my homework.
The vast majority of the faithful were raised as faithful. Just because a faith appeals to fools. slaves, and children cannot be helped.
Is that your hang up? You bow to no one?
Even someone who died so you may live?
If I believed that old wives tale I would bow. But its not even close to being a believable story. I remember even as a little kid I had a problem with the stories my bible thumping aunt and grandmother told me. Didn't make any sense then but I sort of went along because no one wants to deny god, right? But that takes believing god exists. If we don't believe, why would we bow to anyone? I bow and kiss my priests hand out of respect. I don't tell him I think his boss is a fairytale. But that is what I believe. And I believe humans believing in god has held us back thousands of years. It continues to hold us back. How can we evolve when we are clinging to ancient superstitions? I don't ever expect you to see it. I expect you will die happily a Christian. But I doubt your great grand kids will still be doing that. But over in the Arab world, they will.

My ancient ancestors used to bow to Zeus. He scared the shit out of them long before Moses came down from a mountain with 10 rules and a lie that god talked to him.

No it's not, you're just a really good liar because you have no moral conscience. Your so-called "morals" center around self-interest because there is no other valid reason for them. If it serves your self interests to do moral good, you will. If it doesn't, you probably won't. And if it's counter to your self interests, you certainly won't.
What you believe is entirely incorrect. Find an Ayn Rand kid, the place is loaded with them, those are your selfish immoral infants. Ask them if they would run into the street to save a toddler? Nope, unless it would pay off for them and they knew it. Trust me on this one, I've asked, many times. They are as self-centered as a babe in arms, and just as moral...

We're not talking about Ayn Rand kids, we're talking about you. But you see, your natural reaction was to deflect what I said and point a finger at someone else. It tells me I hit a nerve there... got a little too close to the truth. Besides, wasn't Ayn Rand agnostic?

He's one abused hombre.

I have read many of your condescending remarks about people in the Economics and Politics threads, so don't even try to claim a moral ground.
As for myself, you will never attain a fraction of the awareness of God's presence as I possess.

Same with Christians. Remember the shooter asked people if they were christians and if they said yes he shot them? Do you know how many said no they were not christians? So they would deny Jesus if it would save their mortal life.

We're not talking about Ayn Rand kids, we're talking about you. But you see, your natural reaction was to deflect what I said and point a finger at someone else. It tells me I hit a nerve there... got a little too close to the truth. Besides, wasn't Ayn Rand agnostic?
She was an atheist, a typical idiot and hypocrite, but they love her anyway. And what you believe about me is total BS, so I told who here does believe that way. Fight when them, not me. I would probably find you about as moral as the neighbor's cows.

Same with Christians. Remember the shooter asked people if they were christians and if they said yes he shot them? Do you know how many said no they were not christians? So they would deny Jesus if it would save their mortal life.
Most Christians don't have anything like real faith. If they did they wouldn't so fucking afraid of death, they'd embrace it. Continue to live here or in a paradise? Yeah, tough choice.

Most Christians don't have anything like real faith. If they did they wouldn't so fucking afraid of death, they'd embrace it. Continue to live here or in a paradise? Yeah, tough choice.
Heaven or Hell without nuance IS frightening.
It's also very Communistic.

He's one abused hombre.

Just because we are smart enough to figure out humans made up god doesn't make us angry or bitter.

I'm not mad at god because someone I love died. I just don't believe in god. I think it is ridiculous and ignorant and arrogant. We are just one animal on one little planet circling one small star. There are billions of other planets with life on them. We just happen to be at the top of the food chain on this one. And we are just beginning to understand who we are. If the 14 billion years was put on a year calendar, we would account for about 30 seconds of the entire year. That means we are not special. In fact we are just Johnny come latelys.

He's one abused hombre.

I have read many of your condescending remarks about people in the Economics and Politics threads, so don't even try to claim a moral ground.
As for myself, you will never attain a fraction of the awareness of God's presence as I possess.
Boss isn't even a Christian. He only believes in generic god.

He's one abused hombre.

Boss isn't even a Christian. He only believes in generic god.

Boss claims to be "Spiritual" but CONSTANTLY comes off as a non-Spiritual, egoistic, arrogant ass in the Economics and Politics threads.

I don't consider this hell. I know it can turn to hell in a blink of an eye but I think I was very lucky to have lived 44 years so far and counting.

Now my mom who has Alzheimers or my dad taking care of her, they are in hell. BUT, they had great lives for 70 years. Hard to complain about that when little kids die every day.

Help for you, what comes the source returns to the source. Either you and Hitler will be in Heaven together, or you will both be dust, pick one?

She was an atheist, a typical idiot and hypocrite, but they love her anyway. And what you believe about me is total BS, so I told who here does believe that way. Fight when them, not me. I would probably find you about as moral as the neighbor's cows.

Well of course you would.. when you are your own God and can define your own sense of morals and morality, you can find justification for all your prejudices and judgments. That's the main problem I have with you godless pricks, you think you have the moral authority to judge me.

I don't consider this hell. I know it can turn to hell in a blink of an eye but I think I was very lucky to have lived 44 years so far and counting.

Now my mom who has Alzheimers or my dad taking care of her, they are in hell. BUT, they had great lives for 70 years. Hard to complain about that when little kids die every day.
The Problem of Evil, in a nutshell.

Help for you, what comes the source returns to the source. Either you and Hitler will be in Heaven together, or you will both be dust, pick one?
Jews don't subscribe to the Heaven/Hell paradigm.
Your soul is what you make of it in this life.
Hitler is suffering from an eternal sense of embarrassment now that's he in a world of Truth and devoid of ego.

Forum List

Back