Why I don't believe in God

Of course. I have seen the light. I am more or less obliged to SHARE, with the people, my quite valuable insights and musings!

In the alternative: Free will, baby!

Well . . . waiting. :)

We all wait for lots of things.

WTF are YOU waiting on?

Curious minds wish to know.

What do you mean? I'm not waiting on anything.

So when you wrote, "Well . . . waiting. :)" you didn't know wtf you were posting?

That clears everything up!

Besides your claim of some mystical "light", nothing.

I didn't say the light was mystical.

But, YOU did say you were waiting for something BEFORE you denied that you were waiting for something.

Are you related to John F'n Kerry?

yebut ...

What we all wanna know is why you don't believe in the time before the big bang.

And yeah. It's a trick question because we all know there was no time before time nor space before that time.

Something DID come out of nothing, you see.

And that's what we are obligated to believe because physics says it and therefore it must be true even if the "science" that leads to that conclusion itself violates the rules of science.

Which is a pretty convenient state of original facts.

I swear I haven't had a drink nor have I imbibed any special controlled substances.

In that special state that led to the creation of all that exists (time, space, matter energy), there was no need for a cause for any effect.

Effects just kind of happened. It was like

magic.

Hmm. Interesting stuff, but I don't really consider science to be magic at all. I have no idea what happened before the big bang, nor have I claimed to. :D

WTF are YOU waiting on?

So when you wrote, "Well . . . waiting. :)" you didn't know wtf you were posting?

But, YOU did say you were waiting for something BEFORE you denied that you were waiting for something.

What are you babbling about? Do I look like John Kerry to you? What in the hell kind of stupid question is that?

The same way all stories were made up. That's how. People are imaginative.

No doubt that we are imaginative and can create stories. However, we don't imagine something that isn't real and yet it has some magical effect on us.. that's just nuts. If you hit your finger with a hammer, you can't imagine that Tinkerbell came down and waved her magic wand and made your finger stop hurting. Or maybe, if you've been doing shrooms you can... but eventually you come to realize you were just tripping and Tinkerbell didn't do much for your smashed finger.

No Tinkerbells here, or "magical effects" for that matter. :)

Well then, you're left with no argument.

You are the one talking about Tinker Bells and magic mushrooms. :D That wasn't me. Lol. If I hit my finger with a hammer, then it's going to hurt. No Tinkerbells or gods are going to do anything about that.

Right.. but don't you see? You are claiming that we invented God to console our hurt. Doesn't work... like you said, you hit your finger, it fucking hurts... no invention of your imagination is going to console your hurt.

WTF are YOU waiting on?

You were the one that was here earlier in the day babbling something about your "light." What in the hell were you talking about, tough guy?

No doubt that we are imaginative and can create stories. However, we don't imagine something that isn't real and yet it has some magical effect on us.. that's just nuts. If you hit your finger with a hammer, you can't imagine that Tinkerbell came down and waved her magic wand and made your finger stop hurting. Or maybe, if you've been doing shrooms you can... but eventually you come to realize you were just tripping and Tinkerbell didn't do much for your smashed finger.

You are the one talking about Tinker Bells and magic mushrooms. :D That wasn't me. Lol. If I hit my finger with a hammer, then it's going to hurt. No Tinkerbells or gods are going to do anything about that.

Right.. but don't you see? You are claiming that we invented God to console our hurt. Doesn't work... like you said, you hit your finger, it fucking hurts... no invention of your imagination is going to console your hurt.

No, to explain the things they could not explain, and I also gave an example.

WTF are YOU waiting on?

What are you babbling about? Do I look like John Kerry to you? What in the hell kind of stupid question is that?

LOL!

What am I babbling about? Darlin' I'm just quoting YOU. That's why it sounds like babble.

In September 2003, Kerry implied that voting against wartime funding bills was equivalent to abandoning the troops.

"I don't think any United States senator is going to abandon our troops and recklessly leave Iraq to whatever follows as a result of simply cutting and running," he said.

Then, in October 2003, a year after voting to support the use of force in Iraq, Kerry voted against an $87 billion supplemental funding bill for U.S. troops in Iraq and Afghanistan. He did support an alternative bill that funded the $87 billion by cutting some of President Bush's tax cuts.

But when it was apparent the alternative bill would not pass, he decided to go on record as not supporting the legislation to fund soldiers.

Kerry complicated matters with his now infamous words, "I actually did vote for the $87 billion before I voted against it."
--excerpt from Kerry's Top Ten Flip-Flops

Kerry voted FOR it BEFORE he voted AGAINST it. :: You said you were waiting for something BEFORE you immediately denied that you were waiting for anything.

Maybe you ARE related to ol' Lurch.

WTF are YOU waiting on?

You were the one that was here earlier in the day babbling something about your "light." What in the hell were you talking about, tough guy?

No. That's just your confusion on clear display. Like a High Def screen.

Here, darlin': try to follow along.

What I did was use an old euphemistic kind of expression. The light dawned on me. Sorry. It's probably a generational thing. There's even some old songs about seeing "the light." Hank Williams had a catchy version:

"I saw the light, I saw the light
No more darkness, no more night
Now I'm so happy no sorrow in sight
Praise the Lord I saw the light"

Hank Williams - I Saw The Light Lyrics | MetroLyrics

I believe Johnny Cash did a cover of it, too.

Well, at first you said "to console our fears" and now you say it was to explain the unexplained. :dunno:

If you come across something you can't explain in your life... do you invent something entirely from your imagination to explain it and does that work for you as a satisfactory explanation? Like, if you found $100 in your purse, would you imagine gnomes or pixies put it there and would that suffice in your mind as a valid explanation?

Let me assume that it wouldn't. You see the whole "God Did It" thing is really this dumb... it doesn't answer ANY question or explain anything. We learn when we're about 4 years old, that we can't "imagine" things to go away... stare at those peas on your plate all you like... they're still there. Imagine that you're going to turn into Superman if you eat them, it doesn't make them go down any easier, especially when you know that you're not really going to turn into Superman.

I understand your mindset but your explanation doesn't work. It certainly wouldn't have worked for 70k years of humanity... including our spiritually inspired creation of SCIENCE to ...ahemm... explain the unexplained!

Ah, so you see? They "developed" the idea of a creator. Interesting. ;)

You didnt realize that monotheism was developed among Greek philosophers?

Sheesh, what do they teach in college today?

Actually monotheism was developed in Egypt before it went to Greece. There is evidence of a Pharaoh who changed from multiple gods, to one single god, then when he died they tried to wipe out all evidence of him having ever existed.

How Pharaoh Akhenaten Worshiped the Sun God

"The effect of these doctrines can be seen in the sun worship of Pharaoh Akhenaten, who became an uncompromising monotheist. Aldred has speculated that monotheism was Akhenaten's own idea, the result of regarding Aten as a self-created heavenly king whose son, the pharaoh, was also unique."
I am aware of that, what I am pointing out is that the Greek philosophers developed monotheism from the use of reason and observation.

Bastard who murdered those kids blew a .24 BAC and 'He was released from prison in 1999 after serving nearly 11 years of his 17-year sentence. '

Would smile-kill him and I don't care if they execute me for it. That's a death I"d be ok with.

So you are a murderer. Who gives you the authority to take another man's life in cold blood?
He didnt kill anyone moron, but said he would be willing to, and I agree with him.

Get over yourself.

LOL!

What am I babbling about? Darlin' I'm just quoting YOU. That's why it sounds like babble.

In September 2003, Kerry implied that voting against wartime funding bills was equivalent to abandoning the troops.

"I don't think any United States senator is going to abandon our troops and recklessly leave Iraq to whatever follows as a result of simply cutting and running," he said.

Then, in October 2003, a year after voting to support the use of force in Iraq, Kerry voted against an $87 billion supplemental funding bill for U.S. troops in Iraq and Afghanistan. He did support an alternative bill that funded the $87 billion by cutting some of President Bush's tax cuts.

But when it was apparent the alternative bill would not pass, he decided to go on record as not supporting the legislation to fund soldiers.

Kerry complicated matters with his now infamous words, "I actually did vote for the $87 billion before I voted against it."
--excerpt from Kerry's Top Ten Flip-Flops

Kerry voted FOR it BEFORE he voted AGAINST it. :: You said you were waiting for something BEFORE you immediately denied that you were waiting for anything.

Maybe you ARE related to ol' Lurch.

Sorry that you are a wacko, but I don't have a clue as to what you are babbling about. You came onto this thread incoherently babbling about some "light." Lol. I was just humoring you because I think you are whack.

No. That's just your confusion on clear display. Like a High Def screen.

Here, darlin': try to follow along.

What I did was use an old euphemistic kind of expression. The light dawned on me. Sorry. It's probably a generational thing. There's even some old songs about seeing "the light." Hank Williams had a catchy version:

"I saw the light, I saw the light
No more darkness, no more night
Now I'm so happy no sorrow in sight
Praise the Lord I saw the light"

Hank Williams - I Saw The Light Lyrics | MetroLyrics

I believe Johnny Cash did a cover of it, too.

Sorry, I think you are the one confused. I have no idea why you would be posting crappy country music. :D Terrible. You have terrible taste in music.

Well, at first you said "to console our fears" and now you say it was to explain the unexplained. :dunno:

If you come across something you can't explain in your life... do you invent something entirely from your imagination to explain it and does that work for you as a satisfactory explanation? Like, if you found $100 in your purse, would you imagine gnomes or pixies put it there and would that suffice in your mind as a valid explanation?

Let me assume that it wouldn't. You see the whole "God Did It" thing is really this dumb... it doesn't answer ANY question or explain anything. We learn when we're about 4 years old, that we can't "imagine" things to go away... stare at those peas on your plate all you like... they're still there. Imagine that you're going to turn into Superman if you eat them, it doesn't make them go down any easier, especially when you know that you're not really going to turn into Superman.

I understand your mindset but your explanation doesn't work. It certainly wouldn't have worked for 70k years of humanity... including our spiritually inspired creation of SCIENCE to ...ahemm... explain the unexplained!

:lol:

If you refuse to get it I don't think she should continue trying to explain it.

She and I understand a major emotional reason you have cognitive dissonance on this. If you don't want to admit you are superstitious and practicing wishful thinking that's cool but you won't convince us, just yourself.

Lol! Yup, if we can't explain it must be GODS! ;) Just like the ancient peoples.

If you believe in God... whether it is explained OR not, doesn't make any difference. Of course God did it! God did everything... doesn't answer the question as to HOW God did it, does it?

Lol! Yup, if we can't explain it must be GODS! ;) Just like the ancient peoples.
You are an idiot.

Welcome to my ignore list.
Then you better ignore me too.

This is the only reason we don't like being atheists. We don't like hurting good peoples feelings or to burst your bubble. Ignorance is bliss and I hate being a bliss buster.

I just think a lie is a lie no matter how good it makes you feel. And it's holding us back as a species. How? A million ways.

Forum List

Back