Why I don't believe in God

Anyways, the word :faith" doesn't always have the exact same meaning, like if I say "I have faith in my brother to get it right...". In this instance, having faith means that I think that there's a good chance that he'll get it right, not that my brother is unprovable, or that his success his unprovable. Is English not your first language?
actually that IS the exact same meaning.....you believe your brother will get it right even though it could never be proved.....
He might prove to get it right, or he might prove to get it wrong, faith is not an issue here... well, except for you and Bossy. And based on my knowledge of my brother and his past experiences, I can judge whether I deem him capable or not of getting it right. Basically giving the odds on whether he comes through or not.

Last edited:
Based on something real, past scientific discoveries.

You have nothing that is "real" or based on past science to suggest that we can ever build a physical detector to measure something that defies physical principles. As I said, Dark Matter simply passes through your physical detector, whatever it is. Therefore, your physical detector is useless.
Physical detectors at present are useless, you don't know what will happen in the future. At least admit that you can't predict the future. C'mon, I KNOW you can do that. :D

Well I don't profess to predict the future.. I have faith that physical science won't figure out how to examine things which don't interact with physical nature in any direct way. I also have faith that we won't time travel into the future or past. I don't know that my faith is correct, it's just what I believe.
Then you'd be wrong. Science makes new discoveries all the time. You can try to live in the dark if you want, but the rest of the world will pass you by.

Yes, physical science discovers things about the physical universe all the time. That's how DM and DE were discovered. What physical science can't do is evaluate things outside of the confines of physics.

You can say that "you'd be wrong" and apply that to some faith you have in what the future holds... you have no way to know the future either.
To discover something, you have to have something to discover, meaning you just observed or measured something new. Thanks for clearing that up. :D

Any bet you ever can make is made on faith.
No, you're playing the stats, meaning the odds, with a little luck thrown in. People pray to win but that is useless.

You may be playing the stats but you are still operating on faith. In fact, that is always what a bet is... your faith vs. the faith of whom you are betting with. Are you really this dumb? You still don't understand what faith means? :dunno:
If I'm dumb, it's for talking to you for so long.

You've lost so badly, that now you're descending into insults. Predictable. Not faith.

Hey, you're the one who started with the insults by comparing my intellect to a walnut... are you saying you were losing badly? I mean, I totally agree... you were getting your ass kicked pretty good but I usually don't get my opponent to admit that.

Prediction (like betting) is based on FAITH!
You're example was retarded.

My betting is based on probabilities, and past experience with betting, past experience of a certain horse or team...
Your betting is based on blind faith, I get it.

It doesn't matter that you base your faith on past experience or probabilities. It's STILL FAITH!

Go back and read the definition of faith again if you're having trouble... it's not that hard.

NOW you are trying to modify the term with "blind" faith. We're not talking about "blind" faith. What this indicates is, you KNOW that your argument has been defeated and now you want to uproot the goal posts and trot off down the field, as if no one will notice. But you've been caught! Exposed!

Maybe it's time to cut your losses and step away from the keyboard for a while? Just sayin'.

Making your god just as made-up as all the others.

Where is your scientific proof (or even, evidence) that humans made up spirituality? :dunno:
Religion.

:thanks:
religion is proof that humans made up religions......spirituality is WHY humans made up religions.......
Religion is simply organized spirituality.

Exactly. So it's NOT like two pockets of the same pair of pants like you previously claimed.

So where is your scientific proof that humans invented spirituality?

No, you're playing the stats, meaning the odds, with a little luck thrown in. People pray to win but that is useless.

You may be playing the stats but you are still operating on faith. In fact, that is always what a bet is... your faith vs. the faith of whom you are betting with. Are you really this dumb? You still don't understand what faith means? :dunno:

You've lost so badly, that now you're descending into insults. Predictable. Not faith.

Hey, you're the one who started with the insults by comparing my intellect to a walnut... are you saying you were losing badly? I mean, I totally agree... you were getting your ass kicked pretty good but I usually don't get my opponent to admit that.

My betting is based on probabilities, and past experience with betting, past experience of a certain horse or team...

It doesn't matter that you base your faith on past experience or probabilities. It's STILL FAITH!

Go back and read the definition of faith again if you're having trouble... it's not that hard.

NOW you are trying to modify the term with "blind" faith. We're not talking about "blind" faith. What this indicates is, you KNOW that your argument has been defeated and now you want to uproot the goal posts and trot off down the field, as if no one will notice. But you've been caught! Exposed!

Maybe it's time to cut your losses and step away from the keyboard for a while? Just sayin'.
Ok, so you're seeing it in the optic of, I have faith that I'll wake up in the morning. I have faith that my breakfast won't kill me. I have faith that my employer won't rape me at work. I have faith that the cop that I cross on the street won't shoot me. I have faith that when I flush the toilet, my shit will disappear... I get your point of view. I just don't see life that way. Plus, you're insane. :D

You have nothing that is "real" or based on past science to suggest that we can ever build a physical detector to measure something that defies physical principles. As I said, Dark Matter simply passes through your physical detector, whatever it is. Therefore, your physical detector is useless.
Physical detectors at present are useless, you don't know what will happen in the future. At least admit that you can't predict the future. C'mon, I KNOW you can do that. :D

Well I don't profess to predict the future.. I have faith that physical science won't figure out how to examine things which don't interact with physical nature in any direct way. I also have faith that we won't time travel into the future or past. I don't know that my faith is correct, it's just what I believe.
Then you'd be wrong. Science makes new discoveries all the time. You can try to live in the dark if you want, but the rest of the world will pass you by.

Yes, physical science discovers things about the physical universe all the time. That's how DM and DE were discovered. What physical science can't do is evaluate things outside of the confines of physics.

You can say that "you'd be wrong" and apply that to some faith you have in what the future holds... you have no way to know the future either.
To discover something, you have to have something to discover, meaning you just observed or measured something new. Thanks for clearing that up. :D

To discover something, you have to have something to discover...

Whut?? Have you ever heard of the term, "circular reasoning?"

Making your god just as made-up as all the others.

Where is your scientific proof (or even, evidence) that humans made up spirituality? :dunno:
Religion.

:thanks:
religion is proof that humans made up religions......spirituality is WHY humans made up religions.......
Religion is simply organized spirituality.

Exactly. So it's NOT like two pockets of the same pair of pants like you previously claimed.

So where is your scientific proof that humans invented spirituality?
Where's your proof that spirituality isn't just made up? You claimed it, you prove that it's real.

Ok, so you're seeing it in the optic of, I have faith that I'll wake up in the morning. I have faith that my breakfast won't kill me. I have faith that my employer won't rape me at work. I have faith that the cop that I cross on the street won't shoot me. I have faith that when I flush the toilet, my shit will disappear... I get your point of view. I just don't see life that way. Plus, you're insane. :D

What do you mean you don't see life that way? You mean... logically? :rofl:

A discovery needs something to discover. Pretty simple really.

What do you mean you don't see life that way? You mean... logically? :rofl:
The last word you should be throwing around is "logical". :D
You and a lot of religious people see the world through the optic of faith. I don't. I'm a realist.

Anyways, the word :faith" doesn't always have the exact same meaning, like if I say "I have faith in my brother to get it right...". In this instance, having faith means that I think that there's a good chance that he'll get it right, not that my brother is unprovable, or that his success his unprovable. Is English not your first language?
actually that IS the exact same meaning.....you believe your brother will get it right even though it could never be proved.....
He might prove to get it right, or he might prove to get it wrong, faith is not an issue here... well, except for you and Bossy. And based on my knowledge of my brother and his past experiences, I can judge whether I deem him capable or not of getting it right. Basically giving the odds on whether he comes through or not.

Yeah, there is a lot of difference between having "faith" that a certain action will produce a certain outcome and having faith in a "god."

Where's your proof that spirituality isn't just made up?

Because it defies logic as well as nature and biology and because we find no evidence of when it could have been made up. It's irrational and illogical to think that humans have the ability to imagine something that isn't real as an explanation for something real. IF that were true, you would simply need to just imagine God is real and all your questions would be instantly answered forever. Obviously, you can't make yourself do that no matter how hard you try. So the premise that man "made up" something to explain what was happening or console fears or comfort them in death, or whatever crazy shit you've dreamed up with no evidence, is simply not logical or rational.

Study of biology is science... we have studied millions of life forms and we've never seen anything that retained fundamental attributes for no apparent reason or purpose... doesn't happen in nature. If human spiritual belief were superficial and unimportant they would not exist as a fundamental attribute in the species. This defies even the most simplistic notions of Darwinian theory as well as biology. And finally, every human civilization we've ever unearthed, back to the very oldest ones we've ever found, show signs of human spirituality. There simply is no evidence to show WHEN humans "invented" it because it has apparently always been a part of our history.

So there you have it in two paragraphs.

I'm not following. How do you discover something you know is there to be discovered?

Yeah, there is a lot of difference between having "faith" that a certain action will produce a certain outcome and having faith in a "god."

Define the difference please?

Because it defies logic as well as nature and biology and because we find no evidence of when it could have been made up. It's irrational and illogical to think that humans have the ability to imagine something that isn't real as an explanation for something real. IF that were true, you would simply need to just imagine God is real and all your questions would be instantly answered forever. Obviously, you can't make yourself do that no matter how hard you try. So the premise that man "made up" something to explain what was happening or console fears or comfort them in death, or whatever crazy shit you've dreamed up with no evidence, is simply not logical or rational.

Study of biology is science... we have studied millions of life forms and we've never seen anything that retained fundamental attributes for no apparent reason or purpose... doesn't happen in nature. If human spiritual belief were superficial and unimportant they would not exist as a fundamental attribute in the species. This defies even the most simplistic notions of Darwinian theory as well as biology. And finally, every human civilization we've ever unearthed, back to the very oldest ones we've ever found, show signs of human spirituality. There simply is no evidence to show WHEN humans "invented" it because it has apparently always been a part of our history.

Spirituality is not a fundamental attribute of humans. I don't believe that a god or spirituality has been proven, and so do a lot of other people, as well as people who outright reject the notion of god...

I'm not following. How do you discover something you know is there to be discovered?
I never said that I knew it was there to discover. You made that up. Predictably.

Define the difference please?

If I have to explain the difference, then I am probably much too intelligent to have a conversation with you at all! :D

Spirituality is not a fundamental attribute of humans. I don't believe that a god or spirituality has been proven, and so do a lot of other people, as well as people who outright reject the notion of god...

But it certainly IS a fundamental attribute of humans. Your beliefs are irrelevant to the debate. Science shows that human spiritual beliefs have followed mankind for all his civilized existence as a species. To this day, it is prevalent in about 95% of the human race in some form. Only about 5% profess Nihilistic views which is the belief in nothing greater than self.

I don't believe God has been proven either. No one has claimed that. I am certainly not claiming I can prove God exists. But there is no question that human spirituality exists and has always existed in civilized man. Not only is it a fundamental attribute, it is our most defining attribute as a species.

Forum List

Back