Why I don't believe in God

Lol. I'm sorry, but I really haven't seen you prove anything. You make a lot of assumptions and you jump to a lot of conclusions, though.

Well Chris, "PROOF" is also a funny and fickle thing... you see, proof is what you accept as proof.

Case in point, most rational people know that O.J. killed his wife and lover because the DNA evidence was clear proof that he did it... but the jury didn't accept the proof. So we see, proof is in the eye of the beholder, so to speak.

I haven't made any assumptions. That seems to be the default position taken by those who maintain that humans somehow imagined something into existence to explain the unexplained. You have no scientific evidence to support that hypothesis and I've shown you how it's completely illogical.

I disagree with your entire premise. :D I have actually shown you evidence of where humans have indeed imagined things into "existence" at least in their OWN minds. :)

Except that you haven't. None of your examples are of people who are imagining something, they honestly have a spiritual belief in something. That you don't share their belief doesn't mean they don't believe it.

Oh yes they do. The belief in vampires, sea monsters and all kinds of things.

But they don't think they are imaginary.

Lol. Of course they didn't THINK they were imaginary. They had themselves believing that vampires were real. That is the point here.

Whaaaaat? Lol.

Again... it's not possible to make up something imaginary and have it explain anything. For it to have any explanatory power in your mind, you have to believe it... not imagine it. Therefore, it is logical that something caused humans to believe in a spiritual connection... they didn't make it up.

Whaaaaat? Lol.

Again... it's not possible to make up something imaginary and have it explain anything. For it to have any explanatory power in your mind, you have to believe it... not imagine it. Therefore, it is logical that something caused humans to believe in a spiritual connection... they didn't make it up.

Well gee, it seems like that is exactly what YOU are doing here in this thread. :D Lol. Hilarious actually.

You don't believe in God because you are blinded to the truth.......
Only when you soften your heart, and open your mind to all possibilities can there be any possibility of knowing truth .....

upload_2015-11-28_12-58-15.jpeg

Whaaaaat? Lol.

Well gee, it seems like that is exactly what YOU are doing here in this thread. :D Lol. Hilarious actually.

But I'm not, Chris. I honestly believe in a Spiritual Nature. In fact, I am certain of it... there is not a doubt in my mind. The fact that you think I'm imagining something is not relevant to my belief or my conviction of belief.

Whaaaaat? Lol.

But I'm not, Chris. I honestly believe in a Spiritual Nature. In fact, I am certain of it... there is not a doubt in my mind. The fact that you think I'm imagining something is not relevant to my belief or my conviction of belief.

Okay, but the thread is actually about why we do NOT believe. :) We already know why the believers believe.

Everyone thinks that their "beliefs" are real and true. Everyone. :) The bottom line though is that there is no real solid evidence of such things actually existing. Of course, you will tell me that you feel this or that, but I believe those are just your feelings related to your belief system.

Everyone thinks that their "beliefs" are real and true. Everyone. :) The bottom line though is that there is no real solid evidence of such things actually existing. Of course, you will tell me that you feel this or that, but I believe those are just your feelings related to your belief system.

Again, this disproves any theory that humans invented something imaginary to explain things. It simply could not have been the result of human imagination. That defies logic, as you've admitted here.

Again, this disproves any theory that humans invented something imaginary to explain things. It simply could not have been the result of human imagination. That defies logic, as you've admitted here.

I think you've got that backwards. It certainly is a good example of people inventing things to explain that which they do not understand. That is where I believe religion and belief systems got their start. It only makes sense.

The bottom line though is that there is no real solid evidence of such things actually existing.

For you that may be true, I can't say. I can only tell you about my experience. I have plenty of evidence... all that I need. It may sound stupid to you but I can tell when my spiritual connection is out of whack... things are really shitty compared to normal. I nurture my spiritual connection through meditation and things get better instantly. You don't have to believe that for me to experience it.

I think you've got that backwards. It certainly is a good example of people inventing things to explain that which they do not understand. That is where I believe religion and belief systems got their start. It only makes sense.

But now you're contradicting what you just said. Religion got it's start because mankind grappled with his spiritual connection and attempted to explain it. His spirituality existed long before he contemplated religion. So we can set aside Religion in this debate, it's an invention of man to explain his spirituality. It's not possible that he invented his spirituality because you cannot imagine something to explain anything... you must first BELIEVE it.

But now you're contradicting what you just said. Religion got it's start because mankind grappled with his spiritual connection and attempted to explain it. His spirituality existed long before he contemplated religion. So we can set aside Religion in this debate, it's an invention of man to explain his spirituality. It's not possible that he invented his spirituality because you cannot imagine something to explain anything... you must first BELIEVE it.

No, that was never my contention. My contention is that man made up gods and religions to explain things that he could not understand. I don't think there is such a thing as "spirituality." That is just your emotions and feelings and the "feel good" chemicals we discussed earlier. :)

[Spirituality] - Not only is it a fundamental attribute, it is our most defining attribute as a species.

th

what is degenerative about boss as the pseudo religious, their exclusivity for the Almighty.

I absolutely adore the water lilies, Breeze! Such a beautiful creation comprised of trillions of cells containing DNA with the digital coding to define exactly what it is, what it will always be, and what it will reproduce if it reproduces. The water-lily has a special place in Tamil poetics, where it is considered symbolic of the grief of separation; it is considered to evoke imagery of the sunset, the seashore and the shark.

Very spiritually-connected species indeed! Well done!

th

Such a beautiful creation comprised of trillions of cells containing DNA with the digital coding to define exactly what it is, what it will always be, and what it will reproduce if it reproduces.

nothing like confirming the exclusivity of your unique existence ... as one and only with Energy.

Mr. Boss, basically you are trying to convince me that "spirituality" is a real thing? Perhaps you have a point. If you "feel" spiritual (whatever that means), then to you it is most definitely a "real" thing. But that is because it is based upon your own feelings, thoughts and biases.

I don't see how you have proven that "spirituality" is anything other than feelings and emotions that you have inside of yourself for whatever reason.

You know, there are many times when I hear a song I like and it gives me the chills, a physical manifestation of how I really enjoy some music. Does that make me "spiritual?" Perhaps in some people's opinions. IMO, it only means that this particular has had an effect on my emotions and feelings. :)

Boss

No, that was never my contention. My contention is that man made up gods and religions to explain things that he could not understand. I don't think there is such a thing as "spirituality." That is just your emotions and feelings and the "feel good" chemicals we discussed earlier. :)

But Chris, you keep going in circles... First you state everyone thinks their beliefs are real then you say that we can make up things not real to explain things. This is two contradicting ideas. Only one can be valid. I think the former is correct, we have to first believe something is real, we can't make it up. And the chemical reactions we've discussed... they are the byproduct of stimulation caused by our feelings. They don't create the feelings.

Whether you believe spirituality is a such thing or not, doesn't have a thing to do with reality. That is your belief, your faith... not science. To prove something with science you need more than your faith. So far, you've offered nothing.

The bottom line though is that there is no real solid evidence of such things actually existing.

For you that may be true, I can't say. I can only tell you about my experience. I have plenty of evidence... all that I need. It may sound stupid to you but I can tell when my spiritual connection is out of whack... things are really shitty compared to normal. I nurture my spiritual connection through meditation and things get better instantly. You don't have to believe that for me to experience it.

And I never said I had an issue with that. What I have an issue with is you assuming that everyone else "needs" 'to have some kind of belief in order to be happy and productive individual when that is just not the case.

Forum List

Back