Why I don't believe in God

Like I told you, spirituality is nothing more than your feelings and emotions.

And like I told you, that contradicts science and nature. Countless forms of life experience feelings and emotions but do not have spirituality. We're the only form that retains this fundamental attribute.
So we're the exception to the rule of nature? Hmmm. I think you just lost again. :D

Except that's not what I said. You continue to try and dishonestly twist my words into something you can attack and defeat and I continue to not let you do it. You think you're winning but you're still failing badly.
Again, you try to prove something by saying "because I said so". Ummm... no.

I've not tried to prove anything with "I say so" that is YOU! That's what YOU'RE doing!

Now, now. Calm down. Maybe you need to go meditate or something. :razz:

If you can't read, we can no longer discuss because you're arguing a false premise.

I did read. Your link doesn't disprove anything. Doesn't support your arguments. Does't refute mine.

Sorry. Just doesn't. Period.
Don't worry, I'm not trying to convert you to reality, just having some fun showing you what a big fat nothing you have as proof of your theory.

But you're FAILING all over the place. It's not a theory, it's proven science. The evidence is conclusive and indisputable. Humans have been spiritual for as long as they've been humans.
Then show me the science. If you have solid science behind it, I'm ok with that. Go for it. :popcorn:

I'm not going to keep repeating the evidence over and over like some kind of fucking drone. If you want to read the evidence, scroll back and read it! It has been presented and you've yet to refute it. We keep going in these big huge circles over and over. You demand evidence, I show you evidence, you reject it based on your opinion and then claim I've not proven it. Then you act like nothing has been presented and clamor for the evidence! Over and over!
No, post links to scientists.. who have done research and back up your claims. You said that "it's proven science. The evidence is conclusive and indisputable." Proven science has links to the actual proven conclusive and indisputable science done by scientists. Got any?

And like I told you, that contradicts science and nature. Countless forms of life experience feelings and emotions but do not have spirituality. We're the only form that retains this fundamental attribute.
So we're the exception to the rule of nature? Hmmm. I think you just lost again. :D

Except that's not what I said. You continue to try and dishonestly twist my words into something you can attack and defeat and I continue to not let you do it. You think you're winning but you're still failing badly.
Again, you try to prove something by saying "because I said so". Ummm... no.

I've not tried to prove anything with "I say so" that is YOU! That's what YOU'RE doing!
I gave a link to support what I said. You haven't given anything yet.

Look the bottom line here is that some people need a crutch, like religion, drugs, alcohol, or whatever. Other people do not need such things because they are apparently better able to handle reality. That's all.

Again... I am not a proponent of organized religions. I am sure some people do use their religion as a crutch. Human spirituality is not a crutch or we'd be extinct as a species right now and we're not. So either Darwin and biology have it all completely wrong or YOU are completely wrong. :dunno:

Look the bottom line here is that some people need a crutch, like religion, drugs, alcohol, or whatever. Other people do not need such things because they are apparently better able to handle reality. That's all.

Again... I am not a proponent of organized religions. I am sure some people do use their religion as a crutch. Human spirituality is not a crutch or we'd be extinct as a species right now and we're not. So either Darwin and biology have it all completely wrong or YOU are completely wrong. :dunno:

Well, this thread is about not believing in GOD.

None of those things say anything about "spirituality." Where in biology is spirituality mentioned? Please cite a link now.

Please cite links to your scientific data regarding human spirituality.

Maybe in the study of human behavior, religion and spirituality is included, but that in no way is evidence that either of those things actually exist.

Spirituality is just something you "feel." It is nothing more than that. You cannot prove it's existence or nonexistence. If you "feel" spiritual, then you are a "spiritual person" but it isn't like it is some "entity," so I'm a little confused at why Mr. Boss Man is getting so upset.

I did read. Your link doesn't disprove anything. Doesn't support your arguments. Does't refute mine.

Sorry. Just doesn't. Period.
Don't worry, I'm not trying to convert you to reality, just having some fun showing you what a big fat nothing you have as proof of your theory.

But you're FAILING all over the place. It's not a theory, it's proven science. The evidence is conclusive and indisputable. Humans have been spiritual for as long as they've been humans.
Then show me the science. If you have solid science behind it, I'm ok with that. Go for it. :popcorn:

I'm not going to keep repeating the evidence over and over like some kind of fucking drone. If you want to read the evidence, scroll back and read it! It has been presented and you've yet to refute it. We keep going in these big huge circles over and over. You demand evidence, I show you evidence, you reject it based on your opinion and then claim I've not proven it. Then you act like nothing has been presented and clamor for the evidence! Over and over!
No, post links to scientists.. who have done research and back up your claims. You said that "it's proven science. The evidence is conclusive and indisputable." Proven science has links to the actual proven conclusive and indisputable science done by scientists. Got any?

Lake Mungo remains - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There are all kinds of resources available online, you are free to go research them for yourself. I've played this game of "gimme a link" before with you fucktards. I know what happens next... you either attack the source or you cherry pick some detail within to seemingly contradict what I am arguing. I don't play by the Saul Alinsky Rules of Radicals, that's your shtick.

Every paleontologist agrees that the oldest human civilizations were spiritual. If you have some evidence to contradict that, you can present that to me. That's how this is going to work.

There are all kinds of resources available online, you are free to go research them for yourself. I've played this game of "gimme a link" before with you fucktards. I know what happens next... you either attack the source or you cherry pick some detail within to seemingly contradict what I am arguing. I don't play by the Saul Alinsky Rules of Radicals, that's your shtick.

Every paleontologist agrees that the oldest human civilizations were spiritual. If you have some evidence to contradict that, you can present that to me. That's how this is going to work.

Spiritual only means you believe in something though. This is not "proof" of anything at all. Lol. The ancient Greeks believed in Zeus and other gods.

The Mayans also had multiple gods. They were spiritual because they had a belief system based on the supernatural, again a great deal of which was to explain natural events and disasters that they did not yet understand and wanted to explain. That is all. It doesn't prove anything.

Spiritual only means you believe in something though. This is not "proof" of anything at all. Lol. The ancient Greeks believed in Zeus and other gods.

Well of course. I never have said that anything spiritually believed could be proven. If that were possible, we wouldn't be having this conversation, would we? The point is, they all believed in something they though was very real and not made up.

PROOF is subjective. Mudder laughs, but that's just a fact. There are people who believe in PROOF that aliens are walking among us... that Elvis is still alive... that Lee Harvey Oswald didn't shoot Kennedy... that we never landed on the moon.... that OJ was innocent... on and on. Proof is merely something you've accepted some kind of evidence to support your belief in.

The Mayans also had multiple gods. They were spiritual because they had a belief system based on the supernatural, again a great deal of which was to explain natural events and disasters that they did not yet understand and wanted to explain. That is all. It doesn't prove anything.

Well I don't really know about what the Mayans believed because I wasn't there. I can only go by the evidence we've uncovered and it shows incontrovertibly that they held deep spiritual beliefs.

Supernatural means outside of nature and spirituality in humans is definitely not outside of nature. It's part of nature, part of who we are as a species. This is a lame attempt to somehow discredit spiritual belief as nonsense... well, if it's nonsensical, we should be extinct according to Darwin and general biology. Living things that retain attributes detrimental to the species go extinct.

So human spirituality is there, it's always been there, and it has always been a fundamental attribute of our species. In fact, I believe it's responsible for how much more advanced and sophisticated we've been able to become as opposed to all other life forms.

You keep arguing that man invented it to explain things but this doesn't make rational sense because it doesn't explain anything. You can't just make up things to explain stuff... it doesn't work. You must first BELIEVE in something for it to have explanatory power. Your cognitive mind will not let you go around that.

The finding implies that complicated burial rituals existed in early human societies.
First of all, it also implies that they burned the bodies so the animals wouldn't eat them, or because they didn't like the smell or knew that they could get sick...
Secondly, even if that is a ritual, that in no way proves that spirituality is a natural part of man, only that some early humanoids practised it, maybe they were the first ones to do it. Like stone tools, which aren't inherent to humans either.
Thirdly, it's not a scientific link, it's Wiki, and anyone can write anything or change it how they want, including you.

So, I ask yet again, got anything scientific for real?

Well of course. I never have said that anything spiritually believed could be proven. If that were possible, we wouldn't be having this conversation, would we? The point is, they all believed in something they though was very real and not made up.

PROOF is subjective. Mudder laughs, but that's just a fact. There are people who believe in PROOF that aliens are walking among us... that Elvis is still alive... that Lee Harvey Oswald didn't shoot Kennedy... that we never landed on the moon.... that OJ was innocent... on and on. Proof is merely something you've accepted some kind of evidence to support your belief in.
"I never have said that anything spiritually believed could be proven" - Bossy
Bossy said: "Human spirituality is not simply my belief, it is a well-documented fact of human history. YOU can believe whatever YOU want... spirituality in humans is a fact." and "I have presented indisputable physical evidence to show that humans have always been spiritual".

Bossy, you've managed to confuse yourself... again.:D

Fair enough. Like I said, I suppose not everybody believes that "spirituality" is related to a god. We are emotion-driven animals. Yes, we can easily convince ourselves and others that something is "real" when it isn't, as has been proven throughout history time and time again with all kinds of beliefs. So . . . I really don't know what it is you are arguing about, unless you are saying that spirituality has to come from a believe in a god or gods?

And like I told you, that contradicts science and nature. Countless forms of life experience feelings and emotions but do not have spirituality. We're the only form that retains this fundamental attribute

Countless forms of life experience feelings and emotions ...

what is your example of a living being that does not exhibit "feelings and emotions" ... than an academic Spiritualist.

The finding implies that complicated burial rituals existed in early human societies.
First of all, it also implies that they burned the bodies so the animals wouldn't eat them, or because they didn't like the smell or knew that they could get sick...
Secondly, even if that is a ritual, that in no way proves that spirituality is a natural part of man, only that some early humanoids practised it, maybe they were the first ones to do it. Like stone tools, which aren't inherent to humans either.
Thirdly, it's not a scientific link, it's Wiki, and anyone can write anything or change it how they want, including you.

So, I ask yet again, got anything scientific for real?

EXACTLY what I predicted.

"you either attack the source or you cherry pick some detail within to seemingly contradict what I am arguing. "

Only difference is I shouldn't have used "or" because you did BOTH!

I am done with you on this, you believe whatever you wish, you're entitled to your faith.

"I never have said that anything spiritually believed could be proven" - Bossy
Bossy said: "Human spirituality is not simply my belief, it is a well-documented fact of human history. YOU can believe whatever YOU want... spirituality in humans is a fact." and "I have presented indisputable physical evidence to show that humans have always been spiritual".

Bossy, you've managed to confuse yourself... again.:D

You show again that you are apparently ignorant of context. "Spiritually believed" is not "spiritual" in the sentence you quoted. You're dropping "-ly believed" and making a new sentence out of context, then claiming I contradict that.

Follow me slowly. Corky, I'll try not to lose you... Specific beliefs which come through human spirituality cannot be proven or disproved. I've never claimed they could. HOWEVER, human spirituality (the act of humans being spiritually connected) is very much a real thing that cannot be denied and is indisputable throughout human history.

Forum List

Back