Why I don't believe in God

A volcano would erupt, an earthquake would happen, and these people had no clue what was going on, so they attributed these acts of nature to "gods." Same thing with droughts, etc. That is why many ancient civilizations would actually sacrifice people to appease their gods. They actually believed that sacrificing people to the gods made the gods happy and made things more pleasant for them. Lol. :D FACT.

Okay... so next time there is an earthquake or volcanic eruption, just tell yourself that it's the work of some made up God and see if that satisfies you? If it does, then your theory is valid. If not, then my point is correct.

YES... people DID BELIEVE things... that's spirituality baby! It takes a pretty strong convicted belief to throw another human being into a fucking volcano! You are actually PROVING my point.

Sorry, but I don't see that you have presented anything except figments of your imagination.

Well archaeological findings are not figments of my imagination. Sorry!

Now what are you babbling about? Archaeological findings of what? I am aware that some stories do in fact contain accurate historical data. Doesn't mean the stories are not made up. Of course an author will incorporate his surroundings into his stories. :D

They most certainly do and have throughout history.

No they don't and they never have or never can. Unless they are crazy.

You keep presenting examples of people who BELIEVED in SOMETHING!

Give me some examples of people who made up something they didn't believe and used that to explain things?

Sorry, but I don't see that you have presented anything except figments of your imagination.

Now what are you babbling about? Archaeological findings of what? I am aware that some stories do in fact contain accurate historical data. Doesn't mean the stories are not made up. Of course an author will incorporate his surroundings into his stories. :D

I guess maybe you need to read the thread and catch up.

They most certainly do and have throughout history.

No they don't and they never have or never can. Unless they are crazy.

You keep presenting examples of people who BELIEVED in SOMETHING!

Give me some examples of people who made up something they didn't believe and used that to explain things?

Yes they have and do, and I've already given you numerous examples. People made up stories, which they actually did believe, to explain things they couldn't understand. Since they were terrified of natural disasters, famines and other such things, they made up stories of gods being angry and punishing them, and then they thought that they had to sacrifice virgins and animals to appease these gods, which they actually did do.

I'm sorry that you are . . . slow. :)

"proof" is subjective". :lol:

As for the study by NY University, they trump your unproven nonsense every fucking day of the week. You lose again.

I don't know why you think that is funny, it's the truth. Is this going to be another word like "faith" that you have trouble understanding? We're starting to see a pattern develop here.

Is there a study from NYU to disprove the archaeological findings? Or is it possible you are once again, not able to comprehend basic word meanings? Not sure which, but I am reasonably sure nothing contradicts the discovery of human spiritual behavior in the earliest human civilization.
Try reading the study, fool.

I just disputed your lame theory with work done by scientists at NY University.

No you didn't. You presented something from NYU that shows European Neanderthals practiced spirituality. That does not, in ANY WAY, refute the fact that humans have always been spiritual. Neanderthals aren't even the same species, so what they did or didn't do is irrelevant.

I can also cite expert opinions that the European Neanderthals were simply mimicking their homo sapien counterparts as their species was dying out. It was a primitive attempt to assimilate in order to preserve the species. Regardless, pointing to another species exhibiting spiritual ritual beliefs is not disproving spirituality... if anything, it's more evidence FOR it.
If you can't read, we can no longer discuss because you're arguing a false premise.

Stories can definitely be made up, I am not arguing that. Religions can be made up... not arguing that. We are discussing how human spirituality came to be and it wasn't made up... it can't be.

Stories can definitely be made up, I am not arguing that. Religions can be made up... not arguing that. We are discussing how human spirituality came to be and it wasn't made up... it can't be.

Like I told you, spirituality is nothing more than your feelings and emotions. You can't explain it. You can't prove it, and it certainly does not mean that there is a "god".

This is beginning to get OLD. I would like to discuss the high potential for psychopathology regarding religious beliefs and the origins of religious beliefs, if you don't mind.

Here is a very interesting link. Not for you though, Boss. You are a believer. :)

Psychology of religion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Now you are back to talking about RELIGIONS! We've been through this already as well! We are not discussing RELIGIONS! Those ARE man-made constructs and I've never once argued to the contrary!

Well then what are you getting so upset about? I guess your "spirituality" isn't all that, eh? :D

I'm not getting upset but my spirituality doesn't prevent me from being upset about things. What the hell is it with you people? You want to always try and use another person's beliefs against them like a bunch of goddamn hypocrites? I've already told you that you can't "guilt trip" me with my spirituality. My God doesn't give a shit if I get mad or treat you rudely. I'm not going to be punished or reprimanded by my God. So you need to save that shit for your Christian friends because it doesn't work on me.

I just disputed your lame theory with work done by scientists at NY University.

No you didn't. You presented something from NYU that shows European Neanderthals practiced spirituality. That does not, in ANY WAY, refute the fact that humans have always been spiritual. Neanderthals aren't even the same species, so what they did or didn't do is irrelevant.

I can also cite expert opinions that the European Neanderthals were simply mimicking their homo sapien counterparts as their species was dying out. It was a primitive attempt to assimilate in order to preserve the species. Regardless, pointing to another species exhibiting spiritual ritual beliefs is not disproving spirituality... if anything, it's more evidence FOR it.
If you can't read, we can no longer discuss because you're arguing a false premise.

I did read. Your link doesn't disprove anything. Doesn't support your arguments. Does't refute mine.

Sorry. Just doesn't. Period.

This is beginning to get OLD. I would like to discuss the high potential for psychopathology regarding religious beliefs and the origins of religious beliefs, if you don't mind.

Well then start a thread discussing RELIGIONS... I'll be glad to jump in and give you my opinions on them.

What I notice is that people who commit crimes or atrocities based upon their religious beliefs actually believe they are doing the world a favor and that they are the "good guys." This is the type of delusional thinking that religious beliefs can cause. We even see examples of this in our American society today. For example, the "kill all Muslims" people. A lot of religious people (Christians) believe that the Muslims are "evil." And vice versa of course. The Muslims really and truly believe that the Christians are lower than them because they believe in Christ and not Muhammed.

Like I told you, spirituality is nothing more than your feelings and emotions.

And like I told you, that contradicts science and nature. Countless forms of life experience feelings and emotions but do not have spirituality. We're the only form that retains this fundamental attribute.

Forum List

Back