Why I don't believe in God

th

Spirituality is derived from Garden Earth and is shared by all that is living - life is an element of the universe, accessible by Admission to the Everlasting.

So plants are spiritual? Well, that explains you. :D
So plants are spiritual? ...
th

not all "planets" Mud, sadly but correctly I admit the Garden is not Earth ... any more than its location.

Nah, just tired of arguing over a word. But I'm sure that you and Bossy will see it as a win. Go for it. You both win by pestering me with nonsense. Way to go!

Your concession is duly noted.
You're a fool, go get me some proof of spirituality being a fundamental part of humans, aside from, "because it IS!" :lol:
I don't have faith that you can't, I KNOW you can't. :lmao:

How many more times do we need to go through this? I've already presented the only evidence any rational person could need and you don't accept it.

The oldest bones of human civilization that we've ever dug up, show signs of humans being spiritual creatures. They buried their dead in ritual ceremonies. There is no other practical purpose of burying dead people with a ritual ceremony, it is a purely spiritual action.

From there, we see that EVERY civilization we've discovered from the past has some form of spirituality being practiced. There's not a period of human history where humans (in civilization) were not spiritual. Furthermore, every instance we find where rulers or kings tried to ban spiritual beliefs it simply failed. This is something that, despite every effort, cannot be stomped out of the heart of man.

Now... whether you believe in modern biology or Darwinism, the fact remains that when living things maintain a specific attribute for all the species existence, it must be fundamental to the species. To deny that is to deny science and Darwinism.

Nah, just tired of arguing over a word. But I'm sure that you and Bossy will see it as a win. Go for it. You both win by pestering me with nonsense. Way to go!

You're a fool, go get me some proof of spirituality being a fundamental part of humans, aside from, "because it IS!" :lol:

How many more times do we need to go through this? I've already presented the only evidence any rational person could need and you don't accept it.

The oldest bones of human civilization that we've ever dug up, show signs of humans being spiritual creatures. They buried their dead in ritual ceremonies. There is no other practical purpose of burying dead people with a ritual ceremony, it is a purely spiritual action.

From there, we see that EVERY civilization we've discovered from the past has some form of spirituality being practiced. There's not a period of human history where humans (in civilization) were not spiritual. Furthermore, every instance we find where rulers or kings tried to ban spiritual beliefs it simply failed. This is something that, despite every effort, cannot be stomped out of the heart of man.

Now... whether you believe in modern biology or Darwinism, the fact remains that when living things maintain a specific attribute for all the species existence, it must be fundamental to the species. To deny that is to deny science and Darwinism.
You have no proof, what you have is a theory, and a not very good one at that.

You haven't put forth any evidence, just your personal opinion. You haven't backed up your claims with anything, meaning, you still have nothing.
Why aren't other animals spiritual then if it's ingrained in nature and part of it? And why does spirituality and religion need to be taught?
And the earliest burials show no signs of being a spiritual ritual. Up to you to prove otherwise. “While we cannot know if this practice was part of a ritual or merely pragmatic, ..."
Neanderthals Buried Their Dead, New Research Concludes

You haven't put forth any evidence, just your personal opinion. You haven't backed up your claims with anything, meaning, you still have nothing.
Why aren't other animals spiritual then if it's ingrained in nature and part of it? And why does spirituality and religion need to be taught?
And the earliest burials show no signs of being a spiritual ritual. Up to you to prove otherwise. “While we cannot know if this practice was part of a ritual or merely pragmatic, ..."

Well again. "proof" is subjective. I did give you evidence and it's compelling evidence that you can't refute. That's why you keep on trying to dismiss it. The problem is, you have to contradict biology, archaeology, paleontology, nature and even Darwinian theory. That basically leaves us with YOUR OPINION and that's all.

There is nothing pragmatic about a ritual ceremony for something dead. You cannot rationalize it any other way than an exercise of spiritual belief. Try if you like... present some explanations! Showing that some Neanderthals in Europe practiced spirituality is not refuting anything. You've also shown no evidence that other living things aren't spiritual or spiritually connected.

And the earliest burials show no signs of being a spiritual ritual.

Well.. YES... they most certainly fucking DO! This is not disputable or questionable. Until you can present some explanation for ritual ceremony burial, you can't argue this. You're just flat out telling a lie. They used red ocher, flowers, artifacts, arranged bodies, performed ceremonies. All of this is documented findings and fully available for anyone to research. We have overwhelming evidence that humans have always been spiritual. Denial ain't just a river in Egypt!

No, I have presented indisputable physical evidence to show that humans have always been spiritual and you have not refuted that. There is no theory other than your unfounded theory that mankind "invented" spirituality. Not only is your theory unfounded, it is unsupportable due to logic and reason. It's impossible to imagine something not real and have it explain anything... unless you are split from reality and mentally insane.

So the person here with the scientific evidence backing them up is ME and the person who is trying to promote their baseless opinions is YOU. And that dynamic isn't going to change because you think you can run your mouth better than me.

Well again. "proof" is subjective. I did give you evidence and it's compelling evidence that you can't refute. That's why you keep on trying to dismiss it. The problem is, you have to contradict biology, archaeology, paleontology, nature and even Darwinian theory. That basically leaves us with YOUR OPINION and that's all.

There is nothing pragmatic about a ritual ceremony for something dead. You cannot rationalize it any other way than an exercise of spiritual belief. Try if you like... present some explanations! Showing that some Neanderthals in Europe practiced spirituality is not refuting anything. You've also shown no evidence that other living things aren't spiritual or spiritually connected.

And the earliest burials show no signs of being a spiritual ritual.

Well.. YES... they most certainly fucking DO! This is not disputable or questionable. Until you can present some explanation for ritual ceremony burial, you can't argue this. You're just flat out telling a lie. They used red ocher, flowers, artifacts, arranged bodies, performed ceremonies. All of this is documented findings and fully available for anyone to research. We have overwhelming evidence that humans have always been spiritual. Denial ain't just a river in Egypt!
""proof" is subjective". :lol:

As for the study by NY University, they trump your unproven nonsense every fucking day of the week. You lose again.

No, I have presented indisputable physical evidence to show that humans have always been spiritual and you have not refuted that. There is no theory other than your unfounded theory that mankind "invented" spirituality. Not only is your theory unfounded, it is unsupportable due to logic and reason. It's impossible to imagine something not real and have it explain anything... unless you are split from reality and mentally insane.

So the person here with the scientific evidence backing them up is ME and the person who is trying to promote their baseless opinions is YOU. And that dynamic isn't going to change because you think you can run your mouth better than me.
I just disputed your lame theory with work done by scientists at NY University. You have nothing.

And I'm agnostic, I take no position for or against whether god and spirituality are real until I see some proper evidence. You have nothing. Please stop pestering me until you have something real to back up your claims.

And I showed you irrefutable evidence that human beings make up stories and "gods" to explain that which they do not understand. Spirituality doesn't really mean much of anything, sorry to say, and means something different to everyone.

"proof" is subjective". :lol:

As for the study by NY University, they trump your unproven nonsense every fucking day of the week. You lose again.

I don't know why you think that is funny, it's the truth. Is this going to be another word like "faith" that you have trouble understanding? We're starting to see a pattern develop here.

Is there a study from NYU to disprove the archaeological findings? Or is it possible you are once again, not able to comprehend basic word meanings? Not sure which, but I am reasonably sure nothing contradicts the discovery of human spiritual behavior in the earliest human civilization.

And I showed you irrefutable evidence that human beings make up stories and "gods" to explain that which they do not understand. Spirituality doesn't really mean much of anything, sorry to say, and means something different to everyone.

No Chris, you have shown me NO evidence whatsoever. You keep SAYING it, as if you are some all-knowing entity... that's not "irrefutable evidence" of anything except your ego.

Again... it is absolutely impossible for you to make up something and have it explain anything. We've gone through this already... you cited examples of people who BELIEVED things that you don't think are real, but they DID... they couldn't believe them if they didn't. They couldn't "pretend" any more than you can.

No Chris, you have shown me NO evidence whatsoever. You keep SAYING it, as if you are some all-knowing entity... that's not "irrefutable evidence" of anything except your ego.

Again... it is absolutely impossible for you to make up something and have it explain anything. We've gone through this already... you cited examples of people who BELIEVED things that you don't think are real, but they DID... they couldn't believe them if they didn't. They couldn't "pretend" any more than you can.

Sorry but my evidence is better than anything you have been able to produce thus far.

Human beings are known to make up stories. Lol.

I just disputed your lame theory with work done by scientists at NY University.

No you didn't. You presented something from NYU that shows European Neanderthals practiced spirituality. That does not, in ANY WAY, refute the fact that humans have always been spiritual. Neanderthals aren't even the same species, so what they did or didn't do is irrelevant.

I can also cite expert opinions that the European Neanderthals were simply mimicking their homo sapien counterparts as their species was dying out. It was a primitive attempt to assimilate in order to preserve the species. Regardless, pointing to another species exhibiting spiritual ritual beliefs is not disproving spirituality... if anything, it's more evidence FOR it.

You know what? Your last sentence makes very little if any sense and it seems as if you are starting to panic. Maybe you shouldn't read this thread anymore. It's really kind of supposed to be a discussion between us "nonbelievers" about why we don't believe. I have no desire to hurt anyone or destroy anyone's faith or to make them question their faith, but I will not cow tow to your silly belief system. So . . . we are at an impasse.

Sorry but my evidence is better than anything you have been able to produce thus far.

I'm not saying humans can't make up stories. They can't believe made up stories have explanatory power. If that were true, you wouldn't have any trouble believing the "made up God" explains things. Do you?

Your evidence is without merit. Pointless.

I'm not saying humans can't make up stories. They can't believe made up stories have explanatory power. If that were true, you wouldn't have any trouble believing the "made up God" explains things. Do you?

Your evidence is without merit. Pointless.

They most certainly do and have throughout history. That is why the ancient Greeks believed in "gods" too. All religions, aside from a few minor details, are pretty much based on the same ignorance.

A volcano would erupt, an earthquake would happen, and these people had no clue what was going on, so they attributed these acts of nature to "gods." Same thing with droughts, etc. That is why many ancient civilizations would actually sacrifice people to appease their gods. They actually believed that sacrificing people to the gods made the gods happy and made things more pleasant for them. Lol. :D FACT.

You know what? Your last sentence makes very little if any sense and it seems as if you are starting to panic. Maybe you shouldn't read this thread anymore. It's really kind of supposed to be a discussion between us "nonbelievers" about why we don't believe. I have no desire to hurt anyone or destroy anyone's faith or to make them question their faith, but I will not cow tow to your silly belief system. So . . . we are at an impasse.

No Chris, this is a discussion on human spirituality at this point. I am not panicking or "making little sense" at all. I am presenting scientific evidence to support everything I've said and you are presenting your opinion. I've not asked you to "cow tow" to anything. You are free to have whatever opinion you wish.

In the words of the great philosopher, Jules wWinnfield:

No Chris, this is a discussion on human spirituality at this point. I am not panicking or "making little sense" at all. I am presenting scientific evidence to support everything I've said and you are presenting your opinion. I've not asked you to "cow tow" to anything. You are free to have whatever opinion you wish.

In the words of the great philosopher, Jules wWinnfield:

Sorry, but I don't see that you have presented anything except figments of your imagination. Lol. :D

https://www.quora.com/Sacrifice/Why...mals-would-allow-them-to-gain-favor-with-gods

As a result, you can see a historical development from the pagan notion of appeasement to the gods, to the biblical notions which started to recast the ritual in a slightly different way. This development leads to the current state where there is no animal sacrifice at all. What will the future bring? Some think animal sacrifices will be restored, others insist they will never be restored and were only mandated because ancient people had ancient ideas.

Thus ancient people thought that animal sacrifices allow people to gain favor with the gods. Biblical people thought that the modified animal rituals would help them get closer to God.

Forum List

Back