Why I don't believe in God

Sorry, but I don't see that you have presented anything except figments of your imagination.

Well archaeological findings are not figments of my imagination. Sorry!

Now what are you babbling about? Archaeological findings of what? I am aware that some stories do in fact contain accurate historical data. Doesn't mean the stories are not made up. Of course an author will incorporate his surroundings into his stories. :D

Stories can definitely be made up, I am not arguing that. Religions can be made up... not arguing that. We are discussing how human spirituality came to be and it wasn't made up... it can't be.

This is beginning to get OLD. I would like to discuss the high potential for psychopathology regarding religious beliefs and the origins of religious beliefs, if you don't mind.

Well then start a thread discussing RELIGIONS... I'll be glad to jump in and give you my opinions on them.

Okay, well you can argue with the other posters about this "spirituality" stuff. I am more interested in discussing other aspects of the religious belief systems instead of arguing with you about your beliefs. Lol. You can believe whatever you want.

Like I told you, spirituality is nothing more than your feelings and emotions.

And like I told you, that contradicts science and nature. Countless forms of life experience feelings and emotions but do not have spirituality. We're the only form that retains this fundamental attribute.

Okay, well I just think you are silly. Sorry. :)

What I notice is that people who commit crimes or atrocities based upon their religious beliefs actually believe they are doing the world a favor and that they are the "good guys." This is the type of delusional thinking that religious beliefs can cause. We even see examples of this in our American society today. For example, the "kill all Muslims" people. A lot of religious people (Christians) believe that the Muslims are "evil." And vice versa of course. The Muslims really and truly believe that the Christians are lower than them because they believe in Christ and not Muhammed.

RIGHT! And you are presenting yet MORE evidence of a profound human spiritual connection.

I just disputed your lame theory with work done by scientists at NY University.

No you didn't. You presented something from NYU that shows European Neanderthals practiced spirituality. That does not, in ANY WAY, refute the fact that humans have always been spiritual. Neanderthals aren't even the same species, so what they did or didn't do is irrelevant.

I can also cite expert opinions that the European Neanderthals were simply mimicking their homo sapien counterparts as their species was dying out. It was a primitive attempt to assimilate in order to preserve the species. Regardless, pointing to another species exhibiting spiritual ritual beliefs is not disproving spirituality... if anything, it's more evidence FOR it.
If you can't read, we can no longer discuss because you're arguing a false premise.

I did read. Your link doesn't disprove anything. Doesn't support your arguments. Does't refute mine.

Sorry. Just doesn't. Period.
Don't worry, I'm not trying to convert you to reality, just having some fun showing you what a big fat nothing you have as proof of your theory.

Okay, well you can argue with the other posters about this "spirituality" stuff. I am more interested in discussing other aspects of the religious belief systems instead of arguing with you about your beliefs. Lol. You can believe whatever you want.

Human spirituality is not simply my belief, it is a well-documented fact of human history. YOU can believe whatever YOU want... spirituality in humans is a fact.

And like I told you, that contradicts science and nature. Countless forms of life experience feelings and emotions but do not have spirituality. We're the only form that retains this fundamental attribute.
So we're the exception to the rule of nature? Hmmm. I think you just lost again. :D

No you didn't. You presented something from NYU that shows European Neanderthals practiced spirituality. That does not, in ANY WAY, refute the fact that humans have always been spiritual. Neanderthals aren't even the same species, so what they did or didn't do is irrelevant.

I can also cite expert opinions that the European Neanderthals were simply mimicking their homo sapien counterparts as their species was dying out. It was a primitive attempt to assimilate in order to preserve the species. Regardless, pointing to another species exhibiting spiritual ritual beliefs is not disproving spirituality... if anything, it's more evidence FOR it.
If you can't read, we can no longer discuss because you're arguing a false premise.

I did read. Your link doesn't disprove anything. Doesn't support your arguments. Does't refute mine.

Don't worry, I'm not trying to convert you to reality, just having some fun showing you what a big fat nothing you have as proof of your theory.

But you're FAILING all over the place. It's not a theory, it's proven science. The evidence is conclusive and indisputable. Humans have been spiritual for as long as they've been humans.

So we're the exception to the rule of nature? Hmmm. I think you just lost again. :D

Except that's not what I said. You continue to try and dishonestly twist my words into something you can attack and defeat and I continue to not let you do it. You think you're winning but you're still failing badly.

Human spirituality is not simply my belief, it is a well-documented fact of human history. YOU can believe whatever YOU want... spirituality in humans is a fact.
So why am I, like countless others, not spiritual?

But you're FAILING all over the place. It's not a theory, it's proven science. The evidence is conclusive and indisputable. Humans have been spiritual for as long as they've been humans.
Then show me the science. If you have solid science behind it, I'm ok with that. Go for it. :popcorn:

Okay, well I just think you are silly. Sorry. :)

Sorry but I think you're silly too.

Because you, like a lot of others, fill your spiritual void with something else.

Except that's not what I said. You continue to try and dishonestly twist my words into something you can attack and defeat and I continue to not let you do it. You think you're winning but you're still failing badly.
Again, you try to prove something by saying "because I said so". Ummm... no.

I find it interesting that religious delusions often accompany mental illness, especially certain kinds of mental illnesses, like schizophrenia. Now, of course, I am aware that you can have a belief system and not be delusional. However, I think a lot of times people who "rely" on religion to get them through life can be just as unhealthy as one who relies on drugs or alcohol and that when under severe amounts of stress, these religious beliefs can certainly turn "delusional." We hear stories all the tie on the news about how parents kill their children because they think the child is "possessed" by the devil. A couple of stories within the last decade come to mind, such as Andrea Yates and there is this story from 2008.

Mother charged in grisly deaths of her four children - CNN.com

Because you, like a lot of others, fill your spiritual void with something else.
So why do I have a spiritual void? Birth defect?

Sorry, but there are plenty of us out here who don't share your views and don't need to fill it with something else at all. :) This is something you need to realize.

Then show me the science. If you have solid science behind it, I'm ok with that. Go for it. :popcorn:

I'm not going to keep repeating the evidence over and over like some kind of fucking drone. If you want to read the evidence, scroll back and read it! It has been presented and you've yet to refute it. We keep going in these big huge circles over and over. You demand evidence, I show you evidence, you reject it based on your opinion and then claim I've not proven it. Then you act like nothing has been presented and clamor for the evidence! Over and over!

Look the bottom line here is that some people need a crutch, like religion, drugs, alcohol, or whatever. Other people do not need such things because they are apparently better able to handle reality. That's all.

Again, you try to prove something by saying "because I said so". Ummm... no.

I've not tried to prove anything with "I say so" that is YOU! That's what YOU'RE doing!

Forum List

Back