Why I listen to Conservative Talk Radio

Your post suggests you are a dittohead and offended by my post - the ball is in your court. Either call me a name or offer a valid argument of Limabughs rhetoric - if you can find one.

Actually I found your post rather inane and only responded to it because it was so typical of the fodder commonly found on message boards of this type, i.e. you "ditto heads" are blah, blah because you pay attention to <insert some talking heads name here> says, if you wish to impress somebody, you're going to have to try much harder than you have up to this point.

That being said, feel free to continue demonstrating your "sheephood", I'm very hopeful that it'll prove entertaining at some point along the way and while you're at it have yourself an excellent day!

So, you can't provide a valid argument, and you called me a name in an oblique manner - what a surprise.

It isn't playing a victim card. It's a fact. Bush was absolutely crucified by the press because of slow response to Katrina, yet FEMAs response to Katrina was getting in food and water and medical supplies to the victims within a couple of days.
BULLSHIT!!!!!!

Think Progress » KATRINA TIMELINE

Monday, August 29
7AM CDT — KATRINA MAKES LANDFALL AS A CATEGORY 4 HURRICANE

Wednesday, August 31
11:20 AM CDT — FEMA STAFF WARNED BROWN THAT PEOPLE WERE DYING AT THE SUPERDOME: Three hours later, Brown’s press secretary wrote to colleagues complaining that Brown needed more time scheduled to eat at a restaurant: “He needs much more that (sic) 20 or 30 minutes. We now have traffic to encounter to go to and from a location of his choise (sic), followed by wait service from the restaurant staff, eating, etc. Thank you.”

3,000 STRANDED AT CONVENTION CENTER WITHOUT FOOD OR WATER: “With 3,000 or more evacuees stranded at the convention center — and with no apparent contingency plan or authority to deal with them — collecting a body was no one’s priority. … Some had been at the convention center since Tuesday morning but had received no food, water or instructions.”

Thursday, September 1
MICHAEL BROWN FINALLY LEARNS OF EVACUEES IN CONVENTION CENTER: “We learned about that (Thursday), so I have directed that we have all available resources to get that convention center to make sure that they have the food and water and medical care that they need.”

Friday, September 2
10:35AM CDT — BUSH PRAISES MICHAEL BROWN: “Brownie, you’re doing a heck of a job.”

BUSH VISIT GROUNDS FOOD AID: “Three tons of food ready for delivery by air to refugees in St. Bernard Parish and on Algiers Point sat on the Crescent City Connection bridge Friday afternoon as air traffic was halted because of President Bush’s visit to New Orleans, officials said.”

BUSH COMMENTS ON SEN. TRENT LOTT’S HOUSE: “Out of the rubbles of Trent Lott’s house — he’s lost his entire house — there’s going to be a fantastic house. And I’m looking forward to sitting on the porch.” Time called the remarks “astonishingly tone-deaf to the homeless black citizens still trapped in the postapocalyptic water world of New Orleans.”

Ah another Think Progress collection of cherry picked or made up quotes gathered and repeated from other hate site eh? At ast you know where to go to get this stuff which makes you less functionally illiterate than some. Pretty much the same list found at Daily Kos or I hate Bush or Republicans Suck or similar sites.

One of these days, one of you guys is actually going to actually use a credible source and I'm going to be major impressed.

One of these days, one of YOU guys will realize most of us were alive and watching as the Katrina debacle unfolded. The MSM was on top of the story before landfall, and the Bush Administration was AWOL.
Candy was shoe shopping, Bush was at a Birthday Party and Cheney was playing Risk with real people.

BULLSHIT!!!!!!

Monday, August 29

Wednesday, August 31
11:20 AM CDT — FEMA STAFF WARNED BROWN THAT PEOPLE WERE DYING AT THE SUPERDOME: Three hours later, Brown’s press secretary wrote to colleagues complaining that Brown needed more time scheduled to eat at a restaurant: “He needs much more that (sic) 20 or 30 minutes. We now have traffic to encounter to go to and from a location of his choise (sic), followed by wait service from the restaurant staff, eating, etc. Thank you.”

3,000 STRANDED AT CONVENTION CENTER WITHOUT FOOD OR WATER: “With 3,000 or more evacuees stranded at the convention center — and with no apparent contingency plan or authority to deal with them — collecting a body was no one’s priority. … Some had been at the convention center since Tuesday morning but had received no food, water or instructions.”

Thursday, September 1
MICHAEL BROWN FINALLY LEARNS OF EVACUEES IN CONVENTION CENTER: “We learned about that (Thursday), so I have directed that we have all available resources to get that convention center to make sure that they have the food and water and medical care that they need.”

Friday, September 2
10:35AM CDT — BUSH PRAISES MICHAEL BROWN: “Brownie, you’re doing a heck of a job.”

BUSH VISIT GROUNDS FOOD AID: “Three tons of food ready for delivery by air to refugees in St. Bernard Parish and on Algiers Point sat on the Crescent City Connection bridge Friday afternoon as air traffic was halted because of President Bush’s visit to New Orleans, officials said.”

BUSH COMMENTS ON SEN. TRENT LOTT’S HOUSE: “Out of the rubbles of Trent Lott’s house — he’s lost his entire house — there’s going to be a fantastic house. And I’m looking forward to sitting on the porch.” Time called the remarks “astonishingly tone-deaf to the homeless black citizens still trapped in the postapocalyptic water world of New Orleans.”

Ah another Think Progress collection of cherry picked or made up quotes gathered and repeated from other hate site eh? At ast you know where to go to get this stuff which makes you less functionally illiterate than some. Pretty much the same list found at Daily Kos or I hate Bush or Republicans Suck or similar sites.

One of these days, one of you guys is actually going to actually use a credible source and I'm going to be major impressed.

One of these days, one of YOU guys will realize most of us were alive and watching as the Katrina debacle unfolded. The MSM was on top of the story before landfall, and the Bush Administration was AWOL.
Candy was shoe shopping, Bush was at a Birthday Party and Cheney was playing Risk with real people.

And some of us get our information from more reliable and less intentionally dishonest sources than Think Progress and Daily KOS.

It isn't playing a victim card. It's a fact. Bush was absolutely crucified by the press because of slow response to Katrina, yet FEMAs response to Katrina was getting in food and water and medical supplies to the victims within a couple of days.
BULLSHIT!!!!!!

Monday, August 29

Wednesday, August 31

Thursday, September 1

Friday, September 2

Katrina = this simple......................

no6a-2.jpg

No shit! I was sitting at home in Houston saying that this was finally going to be the one that flushed the toilet that is known as New Orleans, anyone watching and I guarantee that everyone in NO were watching, anyone that stayed were suicidal. It's not like Katrina was just going to collapse right before hitting the coast line. The predictions were that the she would follow the Mississippi up to Pontchartrain and then just park itself over the lake and empty it into New Orleans......... that didn't happen(there wouldn't be a New Orleans left if it had). It turned East at the last second and destroyed the Mississippi coast. As bad as it was, it could have been a lot worse. I am from Louisiana and the predictions have been the same for as long as I remember, the Mississippi is going to decide that it doesn't like the way the Corps of Engineers has directed it and it would just wash New Orleans away one day. If the levees on the banks of the Mississippi had failed, there would be a huge section of the Gulf where New Orleans used to be.

Those that blame anyone but the incompetent governments in New Orleans and Louisiana for well over 30 years is full of shit. New Orleans knew this would happen eventually and there were suggestions of stocking up food and water at numerous locations including the convention center and the Super Dome, I'm sure some politician pocketed the funds. The Federal government were there immediately doing what the were suppose to do, rescuing people off of roof tops by the thousands. The extraordinarily brave acts by the U.S. Coast Guard saved over a thousand people and they barely get any credit. The city of New Orleans did nothing, Ray Nagin was in Baton Rouge. Governor Kathleen Blanco and her staff were easily the most dimwitted in the whole debacle.

BULLSHIT!!!!!!

Monday, August 29

Wednesday, August 31

Thursday, September 1

Friday, September 2

what a fucking joke

the MSM was reporting all kinds of falsehoods during katrina
all over it, LOL
you have shown you lack what you claim others lack, critical thinking skills

Ah another Think Progress collection of cherry picked or made up quotes gathered and repeated from other hate site eh? At least you know where to go to get this stuff which makes you less functionally illiterate than some. Pretty much the same list found at Daily Kos or I hate Bush or Republicans Suck or similar sites.

Still parroting your brainwashing without even clicking on the link, which makes you more functionally illiterate than most.

Every quote is linked to its source, such as, the Office of the Governor, the White House, DOD, CNN, the National Weather Service, and numerous local and national newspapers and wire servaces.

One of these days you mindless CON$ will actually check something for yourself and I'm going to be major impressed. But I'm not going to hold my breath waiting.

You may not be entirely functionally literate if you don't know the definition of 'cherry picked', but then you've already shown that you don't understand what 'in context' means. But have a great day anyway.
But you are entirely brainwashed since you could not show one single "made up quote" nor could you show any other "context" even though each quote contained a link to the ENTIRE article it came from. So I do know BULLSHIT when you post it.

And some of us get our information from more reliable and less intentionally dishonest sources than Think Progress and Daily KOS.

Of course, so do I. I have never read anything from either of those sources. And, I do tune in to Fox and Limbaugh regularly - at least until I start laughing so hard at their piss poor effort to guise propaganda as news, also known as intentinally dishonest reporting.

Of course, so do I. I have never read anything from either of those sources. And, I do tune in to Fox and Limbaugh regularly - at least until I start laughing so hard at their piss poor effort to guise propaganda as news, also known as intentinally dishonest reporting.

Yeah well, you keep repeating that Wry. A few here are gullible enough to believe you. If you say it often enough you might even believe it yourself. Maybe you already do. It sure doesn't show in your posts, but hey, everybody needs a hobby.

(You might start with considering why you would defend a post from a source that you say you've never read anything from.)

Last edited:
Question for the fringe, or those who believe they are not a member of the fringe but continue to describe the MSM as having a liberal bias: How was the reporting on Katrina before landfall, the video of Katrina after landfall and video of the flooding and human misery after landfall not journalism?
After explaining all of that, please explain, Brownie, you're doing a heck of a job, and his subsequent 'transfer' as well as Brownies later testemony before Congress.

Yeah well, you keep repeating that Wry. A few here are gullible enough to believe you. If you say it often enough you might even believe it yourself. Maybe you already do. It sure doesn't show in your posts, but hey, everybody needs a hobby.

(You might start with considering why you would defend a post from a source that you say you've never read anything from.)

Explain your final parenthetical challenge. Which post am I 'defending'?

Question for the fringe

interesting comment coming from someone in San Francisco

you MSNBC sheep are broken records - Patriot Act, Habeus Corpus, Heck of a Job Brownie, repeat

few people hated Bush more than I did - he was the worst two term president in history, but you need to learn to think for yourself and develop some ideas that originate in your brain, not Keith Olbermann's mouth

Question for the fringe

you MSNBC sheep are broken records - Patriot Act, Habeus Corpus, Heck of a Job Brownie, repeat

few people hated Bush more than I did - he was the worst two term president in history, but you need to learn to think for yourself and develop some ideas that originate in your brain, not Keith Olbermann's mouth

LOL, "interesting comment from someone in San Francisco". FYI, San Francisco (the SF Bay Area) is a large, diverse, cosmopolitan region with world renown universities (CAL, UCSF and Stanford; USF, Santa Clara, St. Mary's) and other top tier schools of higher learning.
And, I don't hate Bush. He was an incompetent tool of the far right, and (we agree) the worst president, two term or one in our nations history.
As for my opinons, they are based on principles formed over my lifetime - I'm 62 - and well developed before Olbermann appeared on TV.

Question for the fringe

LOL, "interesting comment from someone in San Francisco". FYI, San Francisco (the SF Bay Area) is a large, diverse, cosmopolitan region with world renown universities (CAL, UCSF and Stanford; USF, Santa Clara, St. Mary's) and other top tier schools of higher learning.
And, I don't hate Bush. He was an incompetent tool of the far right, and (we agree) the worst president, two term or one in our nations history.
As for my opinons, they are based on principles formed over my lifetime - I'm 62 - and well developed before Olbermann appeared on TV.
you prove how far out on the left fringe you are by calling Bush "far right"

Question for the fringe, or those who believe they are not a member of the fringe but continue to describe the MSM as having a liberal bias: How was the reporting on Katrina before landfall, the video of Katrina after landfall and video of the flooding and human misery after landfall not journalism?
After explaining all of that, please explain, Brownie, you're doing a heck of a job, and his subsequent 'transfer' as well as Brownies later testemony before Congress.

From a 2004 study, and things haven't changed much.

In this paper we estimate ADA (Americans for Democratic Action) scores for major media outlets such as the New York Times, USA Today, Fox News’ Special Report, and all three network television news shows. Our estimates allow us to answer such questions as “Is the average article in the New York Times more liberal than the average speech by Tom Daschle?” or “Is the average story on Fox News more conservative than the average speech by Bill Frist?” To compute our measure, we count the times that a media outlet cites various think tanks and other policy groups. We compare this with the times that members of Congress cite the same think tanks in their speeches on the floor of the House and Senate. By comparing the citation patterns we construct an ADA score. As a simplified example, imagine that there were only two think tanks, one liberal and one conservative. Suppose that the New York Times cited the liberal think tank twice as often as the conservative one. Our method asks: What is the typical ADA score of members of Congress who exhibit the same frequency (2:1) in their speeches? This is the score that we would assign to the New York Times. Our results show a strong liberal bias. All of the news outlets except Fox News’ Special Report and the Washington Times received a score to the left of the average member of Congress. Consistent with many conservative critics, CBS Evening News and the New York Times received a score far left of center. Outlets such as the Washington Post, USA Today, NPR’s Morning Edition, NBC’s Nightly News and ABC’s World News Tonight were moderately left. The most centrist outlets (but still left-leaning) by our measure were the Newshour with Jim Lehrer, CNN’s NewsNight with Aaron Brown, and ABC’s Good Morning America. Fox News’ Special Report, while right of center, was closer to the center than any of the three major networks’ evening news broadcasts. All of our findings refer strictly to the news stories of the outlets. That is, we omitted editorials, book reviews, and letters to the editor from our sample.

A Measure of Media Bias

You prove how ignorant you are, everytime you post. Consider, my words, not your spin. I wrote, "Bush was a tool of the far right"; maybe you're not ignorant, maybe a liar is a more accurate assessment. Of course, Bush is far right in terms of his appointments, consider how many in his administration attended Regency Law School.

You prove how ignorant you are, everytime you post. Consider, my words, not your spin. I wrote, "Bush was a tool of the far right"; maybe you're not ignorant, maybe a liar is a more accurate assessment. Of course, Bush is far right in terms of his appointments, consider how many in his administration attended Regency Law School.
maybe your just too fucked up to know what was actually said

btw, the name of the school you are refering to isnt "regency" its REGENT UNIVERSITY
http://regent.edu/acad/schlaw/

and just because someone is "Christian" it doesnt mean they are "far right" or even "right" at all

Last edited:

From a 2004 study, and things haven't changed much.

In this paper we estimate ADA (Americans for Democratic Action) scores for major media outlets such as the New York Times, USA Today, Fox News’ Special Report, and all three network television news shows. Our estimates allow us to answer such questions as “Is the average article in the New York Times more liberal than the average speech by Tom Daschle?” or “Is the average story on Fox News more conservative than the average speech by Bill Frist?” To compute our measure, we count the times that a media outlet cites various think tanks and other policy groups. We compare this with the times that members of Congress cite the same think tanks in their speeches on the floor of the House and Senate. By comparing the citation patterns we construct an ADA score. As a simplified example, imagine that there were only two think tanks, one liberal and one conservative. Suppose that the New York Times cited the liberal think tank twice as often as the conservative one. Our method asks: What is the typical ADA score of members of Congress who exhibit the same frequency (2:1) in their speeches? This is the score that we would assign to the New York Times. Our results show a strong liberal bias. All of the news outlets except Fox News’ Special Report and the Washington Times received a score to the left of the average member of Congress. Consistent with many conservative critics, CBS Evening News and the New York Times received a score far left of center. Outlets such as the Washington Post, USA Today, NPR’s Morning Edition, NBC’s Nightly News and ABC’s World News Tonight were moderately left. The most centrist outlets (but still left-leaning) by our measure were the Newshour with Jim Lehrer, CNN’s NewsNight with Aaron Brown, and ABC’s Good Morning America. Fox News’ Special Report, while right of center, was closer to the center than any of the three major networks’ evening news broadcasts. All of our findings refer strictly to the news stories of the outlets. That is, we omitted editorials, book reviews, and letters to the editor from our sample.

A Measure of Media Bias

Meister, I looked at your link, sorry, I'm much more into the Colts v. Ravens to read that much. Post the executive summary, please.

Forum List

Back