Why is almost every case of voter fraud committed by democrats?

so you are basing this condemnation of the Democrats on what you see as potential pending charges? enough said.

Then you are saying you think ACORN did nothing wrong?

we here in America believe in the concept of innocent until proven guilty.

That only applies in a court of law, not public opinion. You are avoiding answering this question because you know as well as everyone else that they have been up to no good for a long time.

No, I'm pretty sure responding to a post with something like this, and ignoring any other points I made have in the post, is actually a better sign that someone is losing a debate.

Would you like to respond to anything I've said? Perhaps what I've bolded, in my initial post?

You are wrong. More than just low level people will be in trouble for the actions of ACORN employees and associates. President Wade Rathke and his brother Dale Rathke for example are looking at serious time right now for embezzling 5 million dollars.

And yet, that doesn't seem to have anything to do with voter fraud, does it?

Neither did your challenge "in bold letters".

Convictions only seem to matter to you guys when it applies to democrat crimes, but in the case of OJ Simpson, we will all be unanimously in agreement that he murdered 2 people with a butcher knife.

Just because the higher ups in ACORN may get away with voter fraud, that doesnt mean they arent committing it or helping it happen.

You are wrong. More than just low level people will be in trouble for the actions of ACORN employees and associates. President Wade Rathke and his brother Dale Rathke for example are looking at serious time right now for embezzling 5 million dollars.

Yes it did. You claimed that higher-ups in ACORN would be seeing jail time for the voter fraud charges, in what you described as "multiple states". And yet, when I responded with a much more likely scenario, seeing as how I seem to know much more about this than you do, you change the subject to embezzlement by the brother of the chief organizer, which by the way will not lead to any convictions - Dale Rathke has already at this point paid all of the embezzled money back in restitution.

Convictions only seem to matter to you guys when it applies to democrat crimes, but in the case of OJ Simpson, we will all be unanimously in agreement that he murdered 2 people with a butcher knife.

Just because the higher ups in ACORN may get away with voter fraud, that doesnt mean they arent committing it or helping it happen.

By all means, whip out all that proof you have that it didn't play itself out exactly how I said it did, in this post...
Its fairly plain that you don't know how groups like ACORN do voter registration drives, so I'll fill you in.

ACORN hires a bunch of people to knock on people's doors, and register people to vote. ACORN pays these people a salary, and expects them to come back with a certain number of voter registrations. Random ACORN canvasser decides he'd rather sit in a Dunkin Donuts than actually work, and fakes a bunch of registration cards, and turns them in at the end of his shift. ACORN by law MUST submit every voter reg card they get, while flagging the ones that were obviously faked.

That's what happened. Please point out where ACORN as an organization broke the law.

Here is one of the finest hasty generalizations I have ever seen: "Why is almost every case of voter fraud committed by democrats?" I truly do not hope Godboy is as ignorant as the statement he posted.

Then you are saying you think ACORN did nothing wrong?

That only applies in a court of law, not public opinion. You are avoiding answering this question because you know as well as everyone else that they have been up to no good for a long time.

see my above statement, funny how your opinion put forth here did not apply to the previous examples given in this thread of Republicans committing voter fraud.

By all means, whip out all that proof you have that it didn't play itself out exactly how I said it did, in this post...
Its fairly plain that you don't know how groups like ACORN do voter registration drives, so I'll fill you in.

ACORN hires a bunch of people to knock on people's doors, and register people to vote. ACORN pays these people a salary, and expects them to come back with a certain number of voter registrations. Random ACORN canvasser decides he'd rather sit in a Dunkin Donuts than actually work, and fakes a bunch of registration cards, and turns them in at the end of his shift. ACORN by law MUST submit every voter reg card they get, while flagging the ones that were obviously faked.

That's what happened. Please point out where ACORN as an organization broke the law.

...because it would be absurd to assume that they werent aware of what was going on. Since they never tried to put a stop to it or report it to the authorities, they broke the law. Of course its near impossible for investigators to prove stuff like this in a court of law unless they had secret video tapes of them discussing it, therefore alot of people that broke the law will get away with it. Just because someone gets away with breaking the law doesnt mean they are innocent.

You dont hire as baby sitter that has been the focus of 8 child mloestation investigations, just never convicted of it. This is common sense stuff.

Yes it did. You claimed that higher-ups in ACORN would be seeing jail time for the voter fraud charges, in what you described as "multiple states". And yet, when I responded with a much more likely scenario, seeing as how I seem to know much more about this than you do, you change the subject to embezzlement by the brother of the chief organizer, which by the way will not lead to any convictions - Dale Rathke has already at this point paid all of the embezzled money back in restitution.

Just because he paid the money back, doesnt mean hes going to get away with it. You obviously know less about this than you would like us to think.

On the subject of your bold letters, theres nothing in there where you mentioned voter fraud. Reread what you typed in bold and you will realize im right.

...because it would be absurd to assume that they werent aware of what was going on. Since they never tried to put a stop to it or report it to the authorities, they broke the law. Of course its near impossible for investigators to prove stuff like this in a court of law unless they had secret video tapes of them discussing it, therefore alot of people that broke the law will get away with it. Just because someone gets away with breaking the law doesnt mean they are innocent.

You dont hire as baby sitter that has been the focus of 8 child mloestation investigations, just never convicted of it. This is common sense stuff.

Let's break down what you're saying. You're claiming that ACORN as an organization is liable because they a.) must have known what was going on, b.) didn't do anything to stop it, and c.) didn't report it to the authorities.

I guess you must have missed a few things, in what I said before. They were aware of it, at least the direct supervisors - because they did a.) fire the employees who came in with faulty ballots, and b.) report them to the election board, by flagging the obviously fake ballots.

So, to sum it up, ACORN DID report it to the authorities, the people WERE fired, and the fake registration cards WERE flagged.

If ACORN had not submitted registrations that were clearly fake, then they would have been breaking the law. But actually, all reports say that they seemed to have followed the letter of the law pretty carefully.

Let's break down what you're saying. You're claiming that ACORN as an organization is liable because they a.) must have known what was going on, b.) didn't do anything to stop it, and c.) didn't report it to the authorities.

I guess you must have missed a few things, in what I said before. They were aware of it, at least the direct supervisors - because they did a.) fire the employees who came in with faulty ballots, and b.) report them to the election board, by flagging the obviously fake ballots.

So, to sum it up, ACORN DID report it to the authorities, the people WERE fired, and the fake registration cards WERE flagged.

If ACORN had not submitted registrations that were clearly fake, then they would have been breaking the law. But actually, all reports say that they seemed to have followed the letter of the law pretty carefully.

They didnt do any of that until after the controversy exploded on the news. Are you really that dumb?

Just because he paid the money back, doesnt mean hes going to get away with it. You obviously know less about this than you would like us to think.

On the subject of your bold letters, theres nothing in there where you mentioned voter fraud. Reread what you typed in bold and you will realize im right.

Yes, I'm aware that the words "voter fraud" were not in what I bolded. But what I bolded was in direct response to a conversation about voter fraud, not embezzlement.

In response to your claims of me not knowing about this, or as you put it "obviously know[ing] less about this than would like [you] to think", whether or not you accept my credentials about this means nothing to me - feel free to doubt what I know about this. I promise that I do in fact know much more about ACORN and it's day to day functions than you, or likely, anyone else on this board, simply because I work for an organization that has worked either with or against ACORN many times, as well as my own personal experience running voter registration drives, and my general knowledge of the type of temporary workers that ACORN hires.

They didnt do any of that until after the controversy exploded on the news. Are you really that dumb?

Where did you get that information? Because its quite wrong.

see my above statement, funny how your opinion put forth here did not apply to the previous examples given in this thread of Republicans committing voter fraud.

Any serious investigation of Republicans committing voter fraud is probably true. The same can be said about the Dems. These days, it seems like all we hear about is Democrats, and its wide spread across many states.

There are situations where repubs have been convicted, but they dont have the mass voter fraud problem that the dems have. When you find dems from all over the country committing this crime on a massive scale, there is obviously a problem with their credibility and desire to truly have free and fair elections. Democrat voters have been consitantly showing us that they dont care about those things.

Last edited:

No, it is not.

I also wonder if any democrats can address this topic without resorting to deflection... "well the republicans did this and that and the other thing". Take responsibility for your parties actions and explain this behavior.

38 votes? 38? That's it? For a second, I thought someone was on to something, but 38?

That's like three dozen plus two. 38?

OK, I take responibility for it. 38?

In 5-Year Effort, Scant Evidence of Voter Fraud

By ERIC LIPTON AND IAN URBINA; SABRINA PACIFICI AND BARCLAY WALSH CONTRIBUTED RESEARCH.
Published: April 12, 2007

CORRECTION APPENDED

Photos: Nashawna Prude, 9, with a family photo that includes her grandmother, Kimberly, second from left, jailed for more than a year for voter fraud.; Ms. Prude's daughter Nicole with her children, Anthony Bibins, 4; Nashawna; and Narvelle Handley, 1, at home last week in Milwaukee. (Photographs by Darren Hauck for The New York Times))(pg. A19)

Chart: ''In the Courts''
The government has indicted 95 people, and convicted 70 of them, for federal election-related crimes from Oct. 2002 through Sept. 2005.

All types
Total cases: 95
Acquittals and dismissals: 25
Voters CONVICTIONS: 26
Party or campaign workers CONVICTIONS: 31
Government officials CONVICTIONS: 10
Election workers CONVICTIONS: 3

Vote buying, voter intimidation and ballot forgery
Total cases: 50
Acquittals and dismissals: 10
Party or campaign workers CONVICTIONS: 28
Government officials CONVICTIONS: 9
Election workers CONVICTIONS: 3

Voting by people who are ineligible
Total cases: 28
Acquittals and dismissals: 10
Voters CONVICTIONS: 18

Multiple voting
Total cases: 9
Acquittals and dismissals: 4
Voters CONVICTIONS: 5

Registration fraud
Total cases: 5
Voters CONVICTIONS: 3
Party or campaign workers CONVICTIONS: 1
Government officials CONVICTIONS: 1

Civil rights violations
Total cases: 3
Acquittals and dismissals: 1
Party or campaign workers CONVICTIONS: 2

(Sources by Lorraine C. Minnite, Barnard College; Justice Department)(pg. A19)

Five years after the Bush administration began a crackdown on voter fraud, the Justice Department has turned up virtually no evidence of any organized effort to skew federal elections, according to court records and interviews.
tNY/imes
Voter fraud is not a national problem, it's Rpublicans who want to create a problem even when their is none!

No, it is not.

It appears we're at an impasse then: Neither of our statements are provable, and yet we are both very sure that we each are right.

What to do... what to do....

I can prove it, but teaching you isnt my job. I have better things to do than waste my time searching for information i already know to be true, just to appease some dem that doesnt give a shit about voter fraud, or any other crimes committed by his party.

Forum List

Back