Why is gun crime so high in Chicago?

Could it be that guns from other places are brought into the city?
Well if that were true why isn't crime as high in other city's that has less restrictive control laws?
So why does Chicago have a gun violence problem their must be another reason?

I know, right? I mean, what with being a center of enlightenment like they are, you wouldn't think they would have these kind of issues. :eusa_whistle:

Well if that were true why isn't crime as high in other city's that has less restrictive control laws?

No answers are as "simple" as Republicans would have you believe. On another thread, one right winger proudly pointed to a deep south city, I think it was Nashville, and raved about how small their gun problem is. So I did a little research and found the police has stopped investigating almost every crime except gun violence and it was the only one that was down. Domestic violence had skyrocketed.

The Republican created recession has affected the entire nation. Even Chicago has laid off officers.

Deep south? Nashville? Really? And you expect to be taken seriously? Take a look at a map.

I'd love to know your definition of "pretty dam safe" .

Can you point me to the safe areas?

yea come to Orange Country Cal......go to Irvine,Lake Forrest,Mission Viejo,Chino Hills,Yorba Linda,Anaheim Hills.....thats just a few.....

SO pretty damn safe means what exactly? A few areas you can name where no one has been shot recently?

you know what RDD.....that poor girl made the mistake of making Irvine her home.....and since that fucker hadnt killed anyone yet.....in spite of that.....in those areas no one has been shot that i know of.....you can walk down the street at 3 AM and be pretty reasonably sure you wont have to worry about assholes fucking with ya.....were there is wealth....there is security.....sad,but thats the way it is....

Baton Rouge LA has some of the most lax gun laws in the nation and some of the highest crime rates, rendering your point moot.

No answers are as "simple" as Republicans would have you believe. On another thread, one right winger proudly pointed to a deep south city, I think it was Nashville, and raved about how small their gun problem is. So I did a little research and found the police has stopped investigating almost every crime except gun violence and it was the only one that was down. Domestic violence had skyrocketed.

The Republican created recession has affected the entire nation. Even Chicago has laid off officers.

Deep south? Nashville? Really? And you expect to be taken seriously? Take a look at a map.

its called the "Dean Spin".....since you are not a far lefty you are not supposed to have the intellect to see that....

If liberalism hurts the poor hardest why do poor folks vote liberal? Do they know something you don't?

If I could answer that I could win the Nobel prize. My guess is that they are taken in by the promise of free stuff, not realizing that taking free stuff makes them slaves to the govt.

But you tell us why the cities that are dominated by liberals and unions are all failing and all broke.

Baton Rouge LA has some of the most lax gun laws in the nation and some of the highest crime rates, rendering your point moot.

Baton Rouge is full of New Orleans ghetto dwellers who left after Katrina and never came back.

But I think that the gun laws in Baton Rouge are the same as the rest of the state---do you have something that says that city has more lax gun laws than New Orleans or Shrevport?

Baton Rouge is full of New Orleans ghetto dwellers who left after Katrina and never came back.

But I think that the gun laws in Baton Rouge are the same as the rest of the state---do you have something that says that city has more lax gun laws than New Orleans or Shrevport?

I didn't argue that the gun law in BR were any different than ay in NO , I was merely using BR as an example of high crime rates despite lax gun laws.

I think we both know what can be concluded to be the major factor in high crime that Chicago and BR share.

I didn't argue that the gun law in BR were any different than ay in NO , I was merely using BR as an example of high crime rates despite lax gun laws.

I think we both know what can be concluded to be the major factor in high crime that Chicago and BR share.

Liberals?:cool:

well not really because while LA has lax laws on owning a gun, they have very rigid laws on carrying a gun. So in LA you can own a gun for home or business protection but you are in vilolation of the law if you carry the weapon on you. i'm sure all there murders aren't taking place inside the gun owners residence.

well not really because while LA has lax laws on owning a gun, they have very rigid laws on carrying a gun. So in LA you can own a gun for home or business protection but you are in vilolation of the law if you carry the weapon on you. i'm sure all there murders aren't taking place inside the gun owners residence.

pretty much

most of Chicago is controlled by gangs,the politicians are utterly corrupt,and..they simply do not care.

If liberalism hurts the poor hardest why do poor folks vote liberal? Do they know something you don't?

If I could answer that I could win the Nobel prize. My guess is that they are taken in by the promise of free stuff, not realizing that taking free stuff makes them slaves to the govt.

But you tell us why the cities that are dominated by liberals and unions are all failing and all broke.
It seems odd to me that you are in the dark and have to guess about so fundamental an issue as the correlation between income and ideology. Perhaps the idea of "free stuff" is part of the problem. I know of no such promises made by the government to the poor or anyone else for that matter. You will have to be specific if you want to convince me on that one. As to being "slaves to the govt.," call me simple-minded but I don't see how having the same voting power to elect the government as everyone else in the country makes poor people government slaves. The idea seems counter-intuitive, to put it charitably.

It is a distortion to say that cities "dominated by liberals and unions" are all failing and broke. Urban decline is due to a number of economic factors such as "free trade" and state legislature control of urban taxes, zoning and banking laws etc. None of these factors are directly controlled by liberals or unions; in fact most of them are driven by conservative political programs imposed in trickle-down fashion from federal and state government, and the plight of cities is ubiquitous, involving locations all across the red-blue political spectrum.

Because, liberals figured out that if they give a few freebies away the poor will vote for them, no matter if the liberals know what they promise can only go as far as those who has money, when that is gone they have nothing else to give, but by then it's too late.

You give the poor free stuff that you took from other people, they are going to want more free stuff taken from other people.

Throw in a lot of drugs, and you have a formula for out of control violence.

Chicago is not only one of the largest consumer markets for cocaine, heroin, marijuana, and other illicit drugs, but it also serves as a national-level transshipment hub and distribution center for these drugs to other areas of the country.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files/ondcp/policy-and-research/hidta_2011.pdf

Forum List

Back