Why is gun crime so high in Chicago?

Could it be that guns from other places are brought into the city?
Well if that were true why isn't crime as high in other city's that has less restrictive control laws?
So why does Chicago have a gun violence problem their must be another reason?

i'm thinking they had some very ineffective community organizers in the past

That's not actually the point.

Well if that were true why isn't crime as high in other city's that has less restrictive control laws?

No answers are as "simple" as Republicans would have you believe. On another thread, one right winger proudly pointed to a deep south city, I think it was Nashville, and raved about how small their gun problem is. So I did a little research and found the police has stopped investigating almost every crime except gun violence and it was the only one that was down. Domestic violence had skyrocketed.

The Republican created recession has affected the entire nation. Even Chicago has laid off officers.

Where you have the most armed citizens in America, you have the lowest violent crime rate. Where you have the worst gun control, you have the highest crime rate.

Chicago is controlled by gang culture. Kill the gangs...you kill most of the gun crimes.

Making the possession of guns illegal is NOT the answer!

Because gun laws aren't strict enough throughout the nation, which includes Chicago.

No need to thank me.

no.... because those strict gun laws already there, are not enforced strictly enough throughout the nation.....no need to thank me.....

Where you have the most armed citizens in America, you have the lowest violent crime rate. Where you have the worst gun control, you have the highest crime rate.

LOL, Weeeee! It's fun to make up "facts"!

The answer is very simple, the people there allow it. If they really wanted to end it, they could.

I have read where you have made some pretty stupid fuking statements. But this one is the winner.

Follow this one up with a how they (whoever "they" is) could end it, if they really wanted to. Maybe you could top your own stupidity. But I don't know. Your initial comment was pretty fuking stupid.

Have at it.

we are pretty dam safe.....just stay out of the unsafe areas.....

I'd love to know your definition of "pretty dam safe" .

Can you point me to the safe areas?

yea come to Orange Country Cal......go to Irvine,Lake Forrest,Mission Viejo,Chino Hills,Yorba Linda,Anaheim Hills.....thats just a few.....

SO pretty damn safe means what exactly? A few areas you can name where no one has been shot recently?

The two key contributing factors are Blacks and Hispanics.

With both out of the equation, not much gun violence in Chicago at all.

So their skin color causes them to shoot people? Go ahead and finish your thought.

The two key contributing factors are Blacks and Hispanics.

With both out of the equation, not much gun violence in Chicago at all.

Any Second Amendment patriot can tell you that the real contributing factor is tyranny and oppression. Our Founding Fathers were oppressed by a tyrannical government in which they had no choice (taxation without representation) as a result, they felt themselves unfairly held back by a system that exploited them. Their response was to take up arms and overthrow the tyrant by violence. So worshipful of this basic right were they that they enshrined it in the constitution of the government which they established to replace the tyrant.

[fast forward to the present day] Many of the poor in America today feel similarly oppressed by a tyrannical government in which they have no say and which has shown no interest in protecting their liberties or ensuring their happiness. They turn to the time-honored remedy left them by the nation's forefathers. God bless America!

Now, it may be argued that the injustices of which these embattled [urban] farmers complain are without foundation and that as they fire their own shot heard round the world they are shooting at the wrong guys, but that misses the point. After all, King George and his Parliament felt much the same about the violent mob on Concord Bridge. The colonials paid lower taxes and had a higher standard of living than their metropolitan counterparts and, under the doctrine of virtual representation, were adequately represented in the halls of government. To the ruling class, those Americans were traitors and terrorists and, logically and legally, the government had a point.

What America gave the world was the idea that it isn't up to the government to decide when its citizens are being badly treated, it is up to those citizens themselves. Similarly, it is not for others to decide who the enemy is and whom to shoot at, that too is the choice of the people. We see echoes of those noble principles in the Stand Your Ground Law: it is the citizen who feels threatened who has the right to pull the trigger. The name of that law, BTW, comes from the instructions from the terrorist leadership on Lexington Common. "If they want a war, let it begin here!" Not all the Americans who feel it is time for such a war in defense of Liberty are white survivalists out in Idaho. The passion for freedom and justice burns in every patriot heart. God bless America

gun violence is high in Chicago---and New Orleans, Philly, Cincinnatti, detroit, LA, Atlanta, Cleveland, new york, et al. because those cities are run by liberal democrats.

sorry folks, but thats the answer-----liberalism never works, and it hurts the poor hardest.

Forum List

Back