Why is it so hard to have a civil discussion in the Israel/Palestine forum?

I can do it too. Quote other people.

- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

". . . You declare, my friend, that you do not hate the Jews, you are merely 'anti-Zionist.' And I say, let the truth ring forth from the high mountain tops, let it echo through the valleys of God's green earth: When people criticize Zionism, they mean Jews--this is God's own truth."

Looks like MLK wasn't immune to being hoodwinked. Even the best of us can get it wrong sometimes.

Yeah? This quote is from AFTER the 1967 war. Hoodwinked my ass!

Wrong again Rude-ee strikes again, the truth only started to come out in the public domain, especially in the West, in the late 1970's early 1980's

The "truth". Ha ha ha. The truth is he witnessed five Arab nations gang up against Israel, and get their asses kicked.

The truth is that there was never a discussion about creating this mythical Palestine, the Arabs just wanted to destroy Israel and divide it amongst themselves.

The truth is there would never have been a Palestine had the Arabs succeeded, and nor would there be a "Palestinian people" complaining about a stolen land.

The truth is Dr King saw the Arab aggression towards Israel motivated by their intolerance and hatred for Jews.

That's the truth. And that's why Dr. King said what he did after the 67 war.

Bill used to have a screen name by the name of "Loinboy", employed the same name calling and use of profanity, until he embarrassed himself so much that he asked the admins to change his name to this new name to save face, thinking that people won't recognize that its still him.

Now that he's back to the same assholery and public embarrassment and humiliation, I suppose he's going to crawl back to the admins yet again, begging to change his name again. I wonder what he'll call himself now? Perhaps a more fitting name.
You're funny! And more creative than usual.

No? Your previous screen name wasn't Loinboy? Well I'm surprised that you would lie about it now.

". . . You declare, my friend, that you do not hate the Jews, you are merely 'anti-Zionist.' And I say, let the truth ring forth from the high mountain tops, let it echo through the valleys of God's green earth: When people criticize Zionism, they mean Jews--this is God's own truth."

Looks like MLK wasn't immune to being hoodwinked. Even the best of us can get it wrong sometimes.

Wrong again Rude-ee strikes again, the truth only started to come out in the public domain, especially in the West, in the late 1970's early 1980's

The "truth". Ha ha ha. The truth is he witnessed five Arab nations gang up against Israel, and get their asses kicked.

The truth is that there was never a discussion about creating this mythical Palestine, the Arabs just wanted to destroy Israel and divide it amongst themselves.

The truth is there would never have been a Palestine had the Arabs succeeded, and nor would there be a "Palestinian people" complaining about a stolen land.

The truth is Dr King saw the Arab aggression towards Israel motivated by their intolerance and hatred for Jews.

Like I said, looks like MLK wasn't immune to being hoodwinked. Wrong again Rude-ee on the other hand, just keeps on regurgitating what his handlers tell him to and collects his pay cheque at the end of the week.

The rockets have only killed.....and that is acceptable to you. There is your reason why it
hard to have a civil discussion in the Israel/Palestine forum?Totally unacceptable behavior being accepted and defended
That's not the reason at all. You not dealing with all the death and destruction at the hands of the Israeli's, but instead spending all your time talking about these rockets as if they were the worst tragedy in this entire issue, is much closer to that reason. You being unwilling to see that elephant in the room, or even discussing the size of that elephant, is closer to that answer.
Israel defends themselves against rocket attacks launched by Palestinian terrorists who hide behind civilians including women and children.

Like I said, looks like MLK wasn't immune to being hoodwinked. Wrong again Rude-ee on the other hand, just keeps on regurgitating what his handlers tell him to and collects his pay cheque at the end of the week.
Actually he lived during those times. So he saw the truth exactly as it was. Not this bullshit revisionism, propaganda and lies you guys engage in today.

No you friggin idiot, you don't get to make up your own definitions, the word anti Semite in the English language applies Jews only.

Wow, who's the friggin idiot now....

Definitions.....

Anti - A word used before a noun or noun phrase to indicate opposition to the concept expressed by the noun or noun phrase.

Semite - A Semite is a member of any of various ancient and modern Semitic-speaking peoples originating in the Near East, including; Akkadians (Assyrians and Babylonians), Ammonites, Amorites, Arameans, Chaldeans, Canaanites (including Hebrews/Israelites/Jews and Phoenicians/Carthaginians), Eblaites, Dilmunites, Edomites, Ethiopian Semites, Hyksos, Arabs, Nabateans, Maltese, Mandaeans, Mhallami, Moabites, Shebans and Ugarites.

Now, you friggin idiot... Go do your research and tell me that I made up those two definitions and are not FACTUAL!

Enough already!

Actually he lived during those times. So he saw the truth exactly as it was. Not this bullshit revisionism, propaganda and lies you guys engage in today.

and so did I.

That is what makes all the crap spewed by these uneducated British teenagers all the more repugnant. All this reflexive anti-Zionism in Britain is simply a fashion statement. It is their gospel every bit as thorough and unyielding as the most faithful Southern Baptist here in this country.

155411_600.jpg

And in a later post you defined anti semitism as hatred of Arabs, which is is not. While a Semite can be an Arab, an anti Semite is strictly someone who hates Jews ie: YOU.

HUGE FAIL ROUDY!

And you doubt my knowledge?!?!

Go away, spend a year of two studying and then come back here and debate with knowledge, not with blind ignorance, THEN I will debate with you!

Evidently your "education" did not include a dictionary nor a warning about the pitfalls of fabricating your own facts.

Anti-Semitism - noun
: hatred of Jewish people
: hostility toward or discrimination against Jews as a religious, ethnic, or racial group

Semite - refers to a language family native to West Asia, Northeast Africa and Malta

The fact that Antisemite was 'chosen' by a German as a word to describe "Jew Hatred" does not detract from the fact that Semite is NOT exclusively relating to Jews...
Hence, to be Antisemitic you have to 'hate' a LOT of people!

15 million is a LOT of people and indeed "Semite" does not refer exclusively to Jews but the term "anti-Semite" very specifically does. If that distresses you, take it up with the dictionary people or just get over it:

Anti-Semitism - noun
: hostility toward or discrimination against Jews as a religious, ethnic, or racial group

No you friggin idiot, you don't get to make up your own definitions, the word anti Semite in the English language applies Jews only.

Wow, who's the friggin idiot now....

Definitions.....

Anti - A word used before a noun or noun phrase to indicate opposition to the concept expressed by the noun or noun phrase.

Semite - A Semite is a member of any of various ancient and modern Semitic-speaking peoples originating in the Near East, including; Akkadians (Assyrians and Babylonians), Ammonites, Amorites, Arameans, Chaldeans, Canaanites (including Hebrews/Israelites/Jews and Phoenicians/Carthaginians), Eblaites, Dilmunites, Edomites, Ethiopian Semites, Hyksos, Arabs, Nabateans, Maltese, Mandaeans, Mhallami, Moabites, Shebans and Ugarites.

Now, you friggin idiot... Go do your research and tell me that I made up those two definitions and are not FACTUAL!

Enough already!

Ah-ha! So you do know how to use a dictionary. For your next lesson look up the term "anti-Semite" or, if you like, just read the definition:

Anti-Semitism - noun

The rockets have only killed.....and that is acceptable to you. There is your reason why it
hard to have a civil discussion in the Israel/Palestine forum?Totally unacceptable behavior being accepted and defended
That's not the reason at all. You not dealing with all the death and destruction at the hands of the Israeli's, but instead spending all your time talking about these rockets as if they were the worst tragedy in this entire issue, is much closer to that reason. You being unwilling to see that elephant in the room, or even discussing the size of that elephant, is closer to that answer.

The elephant in the room is your insistence we ignore all Palestinian provocations and simply do as you do ... blame Israel.
Consider what the American response would be to the firing of rockets and mortars into our border states by Mexican "freedom fighters."
Comprende?

So ... does anyone else see the irony in this "Let's be Civil" thread's devolvement into a "Let's Redefine the Term Anti-Semitism" thread? You can't have a political or current event discussion with peeps who insist on using their own definitions for terms (like the idiot who uses his/her own meaning for the term "Zionism'). Everyone has heard of the Tower of Babel, right?

Last edited:
So ... does anyone else see the irony in this "Let's be Civil" thread's devolvement into a "Let's Redefine the Term Anti-Semitism" thread?

:lmao:

I file it away with the statement "I can't be one o thems racists. Some of my best friends is black"

It's fun watching what a guilty conscience can come up with to try to fool itself.

So ... does anyone else see the irony in this "Let's be Civil" thread's devolvement into a "Let's Redefine the Term Anti-Semitism" thread?

:lmao:

I file it away with the statement "I can't be one o thems racists. Some of my best friends is black"

It's fun watching what a guilty conscience can come up with to try to fool itself.

"Don't knock rationalization. Where would we be without it? I don't know anyone who can get through the day without two or three juicy rationalizations." - Michael (Jeff Goldblum) in "The Big Chill"

And in a later post you defined anti semitism as hatred of Arabs, which is is not. While a Semite can be an Arab, an anti Semite is strictly someone who hates Jews ie: YOU.

HUGE FAIL ROUDY!

And you doubt my knowledge?!?!

Go away, spend a year of two studying and then come back here and debate with knowledge, not with blind ignorance, THEN I will debate with you!

Evidently your "education" did not include a dictionary nor a warning about the pitfalls of fabricating your own facts.

Anti-Semitism - noun

Semite - refers to a language family native to West Asia, Northeast Africa and Malta

The fact that Antisemite was 'chosen' by a German as a word to describe "Jew Hatred" does not detract from the fact that Semite is NOT exclusively relating to Jews...
Hence, to be Antisemitic you have to 'hate' a LOT of people!

15 million is a LOT of people and indeed "Semite" does not refer exclusively to Jews but the term "anti-Semite" very specifically does. If that distresses you, take it up with the dictionary people or just get over it:

Anti-Semitism - noun

I'd add to that last, an unhealthy pathological obsession with Jews.

....While trying to hide your Jew hate, you should first learn what Zionism means. Anti Zionism is the new anti semtism, as Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Put it well in 1968.

...Most of these anti Semites don't even know what Zionism actually means. They heard something during a Neo Nazi or IslmoNazi rally and they think that's what it is.

Indeed, the staggering amount of drivel, bullshit, innuendo and dumbass babble palistan-cheerleaders dump here makes it so.

...You really are terminally stupid. That some groups use the word in their name does not mean Zionism is an organization. Don't look up when it rains ... you will definitely drown.

...Uh-huh. I accept your capitulation. Don't do that stupid, stupid shit again.

... I'd say, these days the definition is a socially acceptable all encompassing word for Jew. So anti Semite scumbags aren't seen to be what they really are.

....NOTHING MORE THAN A NAZI ANTI SEMITIC JEW HATRED RANT by a paid ISLAMONAZI LIAR AND PROPAGANDIST

... Spouting the term Zionist is RACIST ANTI SEMITIC INTOLERANCE

Why is it so hard to have a civil discussion in the Israel/Palestine forum? See above.

Hi Billo, while I agree with a lot of the above, sadly I strongly suspect this forum appears to be over-run with ignorant or ill-informed, generally "right-wing" (but not exclusively), paid Hasbarists whose job it is to sabotage any meaningful discourse on this topic. This is evidenced in their constant repetition of Hasbara talking points, (regardless of how often they are discredited) and a predilection for resorting to "shouting" and "name calling" at every opportunity. While it can be entertaining, from time to time, to "poke the monkey cage with a stick" it adds nothing to the the general discourse and you do run the risk of getting hit with the faeces they throw at you as a result.

I rest my case.

You don't have a case to begin with as you ignore the often repeated question to give your definition of Zionism, knowing if you di it will prove your Jew hatred and ANTI SEMITISM.

....While trying to hide your Jew hate, you should first learn what Zionism means. Anti Zionism is the new anti semtism, as Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Put it well in 1968.

...Most of these anti Semites don't even know what Zionism actually means. They heard something during a Neo Nazi or IslmoNazi rally and they think that's what it is.

Indeed, the staggering amount of drivel, bullshit, innuendo and dumbass babble palistan-cheerleaders dump here makes it so.

...You really are terminally stupid. That some groups use the word in their name does not mean Zionism is an organization. Don't look up when it rains ... you will definitely drown.

...Uh-huh. I accept your capitulation. Don't do that stupid, stupid shit again.

... I'd say, these days the definition is a socially acceptable all encompassing word for Jew. So anti Semite scumbags aren't seen to be what they really are.

....NOTHING MORE THAN A NAZI ANTI SEMITIC JEW HATRED RANT by a paid ISLAMONAZI LIAR AND PROPAGANDIST

... Spouting the term Zionist is RACIST ANTI SEMITIC INTOLERANCE

Why is it so hard to have a civil discussion in the Israel/Palestine forum? See above.

Hi Billo, while I agree with a lot of the above, sadly I strongly suspect this forum appears to be over-run with ignorant or ill-informed, generally "right-wing" (but not exclusively), paid Hasbarists whose job it is to sabotage any meaningful discourse on this topic. This is evidenced in their constant repetition of Hasbara talking points, (regardless of how often they are discredited) and a predilection for resorting to "shouting" and "name calling" at every opportunity. While it can be entertaining, from time to time, to "poke the monkey cage with a stick" it adds nothing to the the general discourse and you do run the risk of getting hit with the faeces they throw at you as a result.

I rest my case.
I think you've proven it to be true, quite well.

Bravo!

It's pretty clear that Zionists and their minions, have no intention of being civil to anyone with opposing views.

So how about you define what you mean when you use the term Zionist, not a cut and paste but your very own words ?

Most of the civilised world support the NATIONAL HOME FOR THE JEWS and the ABILITY TO DEFEND IT FROM VIOLENCE AND TERRORISM. It is only the muslims that don't, and they are the ones being defended against.
An occupational force, that will not allow peace to occur, cannot claim self defense!

A terrorist entity targeting Israeli children can not claim defence against occupation, those are war crimes and the Palestinians should be charged one and all for allowing it to happen

Forum List

Back