Why is the left still lying about the shut down?

OriginalShroom

Gold Member
Jan 29, 2013
Why is the left and the media still lying about the shut down?

The Republicans passed multiple bills to keep the Government running.. The Democrats refused to even vote on them and Obama said he'd veto them if passed.

Seems to me that it was the Democrats who had the opportunity to either keep the Government running or shut it down and they chose to shut it down.

The Republicans passed multiple bills to keep the Government running.. The Democrats refused to even vote on them and Obama said he'd veto them if passed.

Seems to me that it was the Democrats who had the opportunity to either keep the Government running or shut it down and they chose to shut it down.

You lost, Toby. Get over it.

The dementia is spreading...

Rubio was on Foxnews Sunday today claiming he never supported the shutdown in the first place, and yet,

he voted against the final bill that got the government re-opened!!!!!!!!

There is, quite simply, a madness infecting the Republican Party.

Rubio was on Foxnews Sunday today claiming he never supported the shutdown in the first place, and yet,

When did Rubio have a chance to vote on any of the bills that passed the House that would have kept 99% of the Government open?

Reid refused to bring them up for a vote.

You can't know what he was or wasn't for.. He never got a chance to vote on the bills.

When did Rubio have a chance to vote on any of the bills that passed the House that would have kept 99% of the Government open?

Reid refused to bring them up for a vote.

You can't know what he was or wasn't for.. He never got a chance to vote on the bills.

Yes they did vote on the bills. The voted on them...amended them...and sent them back to the house...where the HOUSE would refuse to vote on them.

THE SENATE DID VOTE ON THE BILLS FROM THE HOUSE

THE HOUSE DID NOT VOTE ON THE BILLS FROM THE SENATE

Last edited:

The spin of this OP is just sad. Obama was being extorted over a LAW. He had damn good reason not to negotiate. Not only that, but he repeatedly said that he was willing to negotiate over ObamaCare when the government was reopened.

Republicans have been using this switch-the-blame gambit for some time now and on occasion it must have worked because they keep it up and keep it up, but it has been so overdone and so ridiculous that even diehard Republicans aren't buying it anymore. Still they hope the really dopey ones will still go for it.

The same reason they keep lying about Mitt Romney. The election is over and they still can't admit that he isn't the devil incarnate trying to kill old ladies and send us all the unemployment line.

They can't admit the truth because it means they were wrong and their ego cant handle it.

A couple of things wrong with this:

1. Big-government Democrats wanted to cripple the government, shutdown-style? Yeah, right. It's like saying Adolf Hitler adored and idolized the Jews but decided "lol let's kill them all anyway for shits and gigs". It makes no sense. (I'm not suggesting it's comparable to Nazi Germany, but it was the first analogy I could think of, so :dunno:)

2. It's also saying "Well Republicans shut down the government, but Democrats didn't immediately reopen it, therefore it's the Democrats' fault." You realize how ridiculous that is, right?

3. Republicans were asking for a figurative moon on this one. (asking a POTUS to allow the repeal or defunding of his signature legislation is like trying to break down the Great Wall of China with a fork)

4. Obama said he'd only veto legislation that attached Obamacare attacks to the CR (which probably wouldn't make it to his desk in the first place considering the Dem-majority Senate) or piecemeal legislation (i.e. Republicans' Plea for Public Favor that had nothing to do with actually reopening the government).

Calling it a Democratic shutdown is a large stretch and ridiculously illogical.

Last edited:

1. Big-government Democrats wanted to cripple the government, shutdown-style? Yeah, right. It's like saying Adolf Hitler adored and idolized the Jews but decided "lol let's kill them all anyway for shits and gigs". It makes no sense. (I'm not suggesting it's comparable to Nazi Germany, but it was the first analogy I could think of, so :dunno:)

2. It's also saying "Well Republicans shut down the government, but Democrats didn't immediately reopen it, therefore it's the Democrats' fault." You realize how ridiculous that is, right?

3. Republicans were asking for a figurative moon on this one. (asking a POTUS to allow the repeal or defunding of his signature legislation is like trying to break down the Great Wall of China with a fork)

4. Obama said he'd only veto legislation that attached Obamacare attacks to the CR (which probably wouldn't make it to his desk in the first place considering the Dem-majority Senate) or piecemeal legislation (i.e. Republicans' Plea for Public Favor that had nothing to do with actually reopening the government).

Unless you actually look at the facts. which none of your four points included.

Unless you actually look at the facts. which none of your four points included.

Which facts actually contradict these points?
The ones that don't exist?

The only thing that matters in this debate is how it effects real things. Will it effect anyone being elected, what the people who are elected already do from here on out?

That's the only way you figure out who was wrong, otherwise just consign yourself to having differing opinions and move on.

Uhm, that was too little, too late. They shouldn't have shut down government in the first place.

Rubio seems to be unable to get out of his own way...

Forum List

Back