Why is this so hard for some people to give up when faced with a financial crisis?

fbj

Gold Member
Jul 10, 2014
I found out my Aunt got fired from one of her jobs and no only has one income instead of two. She was working 2 jobs to pay for her car and rent, So my mom suggested she may have to get rid of the car. My Aunt didnt want to hear that

But isnt rent and food more important than DRIVING?

I found out my Aunt got fired from one of her jobs and no only has one income instead of two. She was working 2 jobs to pay for her car and rent, So my mom suggested she may have to get rid of the car. My Aunt didnt want to hear that

How does she get to her two jobs?

her car so now she will have to get the bus
Saying that she can catch a bus is easy, but is she very close to a bus line? I live in the city (technically) and am 2 miles from the nearest bus stop and at my age and health, 2 miles might as well be 200 miles, as such I have a car and it gets me everywhere I need to. If she is indeed your aunt, assess her abilities and budget and see what you can do to assist.

My sister and brother in law were massively in debt. They owned their own business, but had to sell it to pay off some of the gambling debts he had amassed. They then had to sell their car.

They have two kids, one 9, who lives with the grandparents, and one 15 who lives at his school most of the time.

So then one of their uncles basically let them run their business for a bit and they're making money, maybe enough to pay off all the debts, maybe not. But they have some money, and the first thing they want to buy is A CAR. Not a home, they don't own one, not to help their kids, no, they want a car. Why? I think so that he can go gambling again.

Forum List

Back