Why isn't congress pushing impeachment proceedings now?

In War Between States and Feds, Utah Strikes Latest Blow
Yes, LBers, you’ve read that correctly: a state has invoked eminent domain in order to take back land from the feds.
In War Between States and Feds, Utah Strikes Latest Blow - Law Blog - WSJ

You left out the part where they actually won the case

I didn't realize it had went to court. The govenor signed a law in to effect invoked eminent domain and that has been proven that a state can do it.

Utah Democrats have slammed the eminent domain measure as a waste of money, emphasizing that the move is on shaky legal ground. Why spend taxpayer money defending legislation that likely won’t withstand legal muster, opponents say.

Was 9/11 a battle or an attack that is the question.

And the original question was where was the first battle of the war of northern aggression?

It's "the War of Southern Rebellion". What kinda school books you all usin down there?

What rebellion? IF THERE WAS A REBELLION WERE THE LEADERS HANGED?

There was discussion about doing so, but the North had mercy....not without a LOT of disagreement as to whether they should have or not. Maybe there was have been such issues as Jim Crow, etc. if the North had hung a few traitors. They let the South off too easy, IMO.

It's "the War of Southern Rebellion". What kinda school books you all usin down there?

What rebellion? IF THERE WAS A REBELLION WERE THE LEADERS HANGED?

There was discussion about doing so, but the North had mercy....not without a LOT of disagreement as to whether they should have or not. Maybe there was have been such issues as Jim Crow, etc. if the North had hung a few traitors. They let the South off too easy, IMO.

There was a discussion, yes but the supreme court told the Fed governemt it had no standing to do so.

You left out the part where they actually won the case

I didn't realize it had went to court. The govenor signed a law in to effect invoked eminent domain and that has been proven that a state can do it.

Utah Democrats have slammed the eminent domain measure as a waste of money, emphasizing that the move is on shaky legal ground. Why spend taxpayer money defending legislation that likely won’t withstand legal muster, opponents say.

Tripping all over yourself again. Did the Govenor sign the bill?

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

It gets funnier and funnier. We should all just stand by and let him dig his own hole of stupidity.

Robert E. Lee said it best.

Then his Virginia background and the mental discipline of years asserted themselves. He had said: "If the Union is dissolved and the government disrupted, I shall return to my native state and share the miseries of my people and save in defence will draw my sword on none." There he stood, and in that spirit, after listening to all Blair had to say, he made the fateful reply that is best given in his own p437 simple account of the interview: "I declined the offer he made me to take command of the army that was to be brought into the field, stating as candidly and as courteously as I could, that though opposed to secession and deprecating war, I could take no part in an invasion of the Southern States."24 That was all, as far as Lee was concerned. He had long before decided, instinctively, what his duty required of him, and the allurement of supreme command, with all that a soldier craved, did not tempt him to equivocate for an instant or to see if there were not some way he could keep his own honor and still have the honor he understood the President had offered him. Blair talked on in a futile hope of converting Lee, but it was to no purpose.

Robert*E.*Lee (by Freeman) ? Vol.*I Chap.*25

Which was the opinion of most Americans. And they weren't on the government tit like a lot of Americans are today.

Yes...a traitor's words. :lol::lol:
Next you'll be giving up OBL's words in justification for 9/11. :lol::lol::lol:

Was R.E. Lee hanged?

Isn't that just disgraceful that southern traitors were willing to see 600,000 killed just so they could maintain the rights to enslave other people?

No whats a shame is that lincoln used slavery to keep England from helping the south. It's a damn shame that lincoln only freed slaves in a country he had no authority to it in.

Now, therefore I, Abraham Lincoln, President of the United States, by virtue of the power in me vested as Commander-in-Chief, of the Army and Navy of the United States in time of actual armed rebellion against the authority and government of the United States, and as a fit and necessary war measure for suppressing said rebellion, do, on this first day of January, in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred and sixty-three, and in accordance with my purpose so to do publicly proclaimed for the full period of one hundred days, from the day first above mentioned, order and designate as the States and parts of States wherein the people thereof respectively, are this day in rebellion against the United States, the following, to wit:
Arkansas, Texas, Louisiana, (except the Parishes of St. Bernard, Plaquemines, Jefferson, St. John, St. Charles, St. James Ascension, Assumption, Terrebonne, Lafourche, St. Mary, St. Martin, and Orleans, including the City of New Orleans) Mississippi, Alabama, Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, and Virginia, (except the forty-eight counties designated as West Virginia, and also the counties of Berkley, Accomac, Northampton, Elizabeth City, York, Princess Ann, and Norfolk, including the cities of Norfolk and Portsmouth[)], and which excepted parts, are for the present, left precisely as if this proclamation were not issued.

Why no mention of Kentucky Maryland Delaware Missouri and D.C.

You mean the Abe Lincoln who the South was so afraid of that they committed treason rather than allow him to be president?

The Abe Lincoln that freed the slaves?

The Abe Lincoln that the cowardly south shot when they could not win on the battlefield?

Wow the clowns are loss tonight. YOU realy don't knoiw any history of the war of northern aggression do you?

I saw this & it made be think about bigreb-dude:

teabagg.jpg

No whats a shame is that lincoln used slavery to keep England from helping the south. It's a damn shame that lincoln only freed slaves in a country he had no authority to it in.

Now, therefore I, Abraham Lincoln, President of the United States, by virtue of the power in me vested as Commander-in-Chief, of the Army and Navy of the United States in time of actual armed rebellion against the authority and government of the United States, and as a fit and necessary war measure for suppressing said rebellion, do, on this first day of January, in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred and sixty-three, and in accordance with my purpose so to do publicly proclaimed for the full period of one hundred days, from the day first above mentioned, order and designate as the States and parts of States wherein the people thereof respectively, are this day in rebellion against the United States, the following, to wit:
Arkansas, Texas, Louisiana, (except the Parishes of St. Bernard, Plaquemines, Jefferson, St. John, St. Charles, St. James Ascension, Assumption, Terrebonne, Lafourche, St. Mary, St. Martin, and Orleans, including the City of New Orleans) Mississippi, Alabama, Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, and Virginia, (except the forty-eight counties designated as West Virginia, and also the counties of Berkley, Accomac, Northampton, Elizabeth City, York, Princess Ann, and Norfolk, including the cities of Norfolk and Portsmouth[)], and which excepted parts, are for the present, left precisely as if this proclamation were not issued.

You mean the Abe Lincoln who the South was so afraid of that they committed treason rather than allow him to be president?

The Abe Lincoln that the cowardly south shot when they could not win on the battlefield?

Wow the clowns are loss tonight. YOU realy don't knoiw any history of the war of northern aggression do you?

Lets see what we know..

We know the South had their asses kicked and were left begging for mercy

We know southern racist terrorists continued to terrorize its own peaceful citizens and brutally killed over 3000 of them

Its your bogus link...show where Utah ended up taking federal land

Any asshole can sign a bill

Robert E. Lee said it best.

Then his Virginia background and the mental discipline of years asserted themselves. He had said: "If the Union is dissolved and the government disrupted, I shall return to my native state and share the miseries of my people and save in defence will draw my sword on none." There he stood, and in that spirit, after listening to all Blair had to say, he made the fateful reply that is best given in his own p437 simple account of the interview: "I declined the offer he made me to take command of the army that was to be brought into the field, stating as candidly and as courteously as I could, that though opposed to secession and deprecating war, I could take no part in an invasion of the Southern States."24 That was all, as far as Lee was concerned. He had long before decided, instinctively, what his duty required of him, and the allurement of supreme command, with all that a soldier craved, did not tempt him to equivocate for an instant or to see if there were not some way he could keep his own honor and still have the honor he understood the President had offered him. Blair talked on in a futile hope of converting Lee, but it was to no purpose.

Robert*E.*Lee (by Freeman) ? Vol.*I Chap.*25

Which was the opinion of most Americans. And they weren't on the government tit like a lot of Americans are today.

Was R.E. Lee hanged?

No, but there was grounds to do so. But I bet you think because he wasn't, there was no crime of treason. :lol::lol:

Well, none of us are privy to the Fantasy in your Head...no.

Yes, LBers, you’ve read that correctly: a state has invoked eminent domain in order to take back land from the feds.
Yet another pathetic example of ignorant, irresponsible rightist legislative terrorism.

In McCulloch v. Maryland (1819), the Court ruled the State of Maryland did not have the Constitutional authority to tax The Second Bank of the United States. Now, if the Constitution does not authorize the states to tax a bank created by Congress, how could anyone believe the Constitution authorizes a state to appropriate Federal land.

Pure idiocy.

Was R.E. Lee hanged?

No, but there was grounds to do so. But I bet you think because he wasn't, there was no crime of treason. :lol::lol:

The court finally heard preliminary motions in December 1868, when the defense asked for a dismissal claiming that the Fourteenth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution already punished Davis by preventing him from holding public office in the future and that further prosecution and punishment would violate the double jeopardy restriction of the Fifth Amendment. The court divided in its official opinion and certified the question to the United States Supreme Court.Fearing the court would rule in favor of Davis, Johnson released an amnesty proclamation on December 25, 1868, issuing a pardon to all persons who had participated in the rebellion.

Encyclopedia Virginia: Jefferson Davis's Imprisonment

Yet another pathetic example of ignorant, irresponsible rightist legislative terrorism.

In McCulloch v. Maryland (1819), the Court ruled the State of Maryland did not have the Constitutional authority to tax The Second Bank of the United States. Now, if the Constitution does not authorize the states to tax a bank created by Congress, how could anyone believe the Constitution authorizes a state to appropriate Federal land.

Pure idiocy.

Idiot this happen in 2010

Its your bogus link...show where Utah ended up taking federal land

Any asshole can sign a bill

Yes obama has signed a few.

I know nothing about it but I assume that, if there is such a thing as a "presidential order" it was created to prevent paralysis at federal level.

But the executive order should not be used to by-pass the will of the people.

Wouldn't the President be presumed to represent the ultimate will of the people?
After all, he was voted into the position by The People.

Wow here is someone that knows nothing about our separation of powers and our system of checks and balances.

Wouldn't the President be presumed to represent the ultimate will of the people?
After all, he was voted into the position by The People.

Wow here is someone that knows nothing about our separation of powers and our system of checks and balances.

Am I wrong?
Please enlighten me.

Yes you're wrong the president must go through Congress otherwise he's a dictator.

Forum List

Back