Why Isn't This Detail About The Southerland, TX Shooter Being Reported?

federalist50

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2016
Former friends and school mates of Devin Kelly told members of the mainstream media, including CNN, that he was an avowed atheist who hated religious people. Why do we have to discover this fact through the U.K. Daily Mail? I'm guessing it is because it would not be PC, as it would suggest his primary motive was to target Christians, which would make it a "hate crime." This is just another example among many, as to why so many people do not trust the mainstream media to tell us the whole truth about anything!

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5053013/Devin-Kelley-outcast-preached-atheism.html

Former friends and school mates of Devin Kelly told members of the mainstream media, including CNN, that he was an avowed atheist who hated religious people. Why do we have to discover this fact through the U.K. Daily Mail? I'm guessing it is because it would not be PC, as it would suggest his primary motive was to target Christians, which would make it a "hate crime." This is just another example among many, as to why so many people do not trust the mainstream media to tell us the whole truth about anything!

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5053013/Devin-Kelley-outcast-preached-atheism.html

Indeed. What is happening today is written in scripture. Christians will be attacked but make no mistake, when the trumpets sound, every tongue will confess and every knee will bow

-Geaux

Don’t see how it matters. Don’t think it was a contributing factor in the guys actions. Can’t a really bad act just be a really bad act without any political or religious overtones?

It hasn't been omitted. I read it several times yesterday

Don’t see how it matters. Don’t think it was a contributing factor in the guys actions. Can’t a really bad act just be a really bad act without any political or religious overtones?
It seems to matter. He was an atheist who targeted that church.

You think that the cops didn't already look at this angle?

What paper? There has been no mention of this in my local paper ABC affiliate, or ABC itself.

No, I doubt it can, or at least it is very unlikely that any mass killing is not rooted in politics or religion.

What paper? There has been no mention of this in my local paper ABC affiliate, or ABC itself.

Why assume it was read in a paper? For example, here it is in a CNN article: Devin Kelley: What we know about Texas church shooter - CNN "Kelley had been posting a lot about "non-God beliefs, atheism, a lot of gun violence and a lot of weapons that he was into," said Christopher Leo Longoria, who attended high school with him."

Here it is again on Foxnews: Texas church shooter Devin Patrick Kelley served in Air Force, was court-martialed for assaulting wife, child "Shocked former classmates who attended middle and high school with Texas church gunman Devin Patrick Kelley described him Monday as being heavily medicated and someone who kept to himself -- despite a deluge of posts on his apparent Facebook profile about weapons and atheism."

Washington Times: Devin Patrick Kelley: An anti-Christian, atheist ‘outcast’

NY Times: Texas Gunman Broke Child’s Skull and Assaulted Wife in Troubled Life

It may not have been reported prominently, but it has been reported by major media outlets.

You can't arrest someone for being an "avowed atheist" but he should have been in prison for fracturing the skull of his step son in a violent domestic outburst and maybe he should have been tried in civilian court instead of an Air Force court. Everyone forgot the most notorious school shooting in history by now but the Va. Tech. Blacksburg shooter who was obviously insane, was protected by the school and the local police and later by the system. (Mostly) democrats determined that his court ordered psychiatric counseling would not appear on the instant check to purchase a firearm. Likewise the maniac who murdered Texas churchgoers did not appear in the criminal data base even though he was convicted of domestic abuse in military court.

No, I doubt it can, or at least it is very unlikely that any mass killing is not rooted in politics or religion.

So far what I've read about this is that it was rooted in family troubles; something to do with his in-laws? It's possible that he chose a church as a secondary consideration; he planned to kill a bunch of people because of the domestic situation, and decided to target the church because of his hatred of religion. :dunno:

It's early to say much for sure about the motivations behind this attack. Religion and politics are certainly likely suspects, but may not have been the drivers of this shooting.

This guy seemed to have problems with his in-laws. They are members of that church but weren't there Sunday. His beef with his in-laws plus his atheism might have pushed him over the edge. The OP depends on MSN ABC for news they don't want to push.

I see you failed to mention the Walmart shooter had a stack of bibles.

You suffer from extreme confirmation bias, don't you retard.

This guy seemed to have problems with his in-laws. They are members of that church but weren't there Sunday. His beef with his in-laws plus his atheism might have pushed him over the edge. The OP depends on MSN ABC for news they don't want to push.

In one of the articles I read it mentioned that while the guy's mother-in-law was not at the church, his grandmother-in-law was.

In one of the articles I read it mentioned that while the guy's mother-in-law was not at the church, his grandmother-in-law was.

I don’t know. Domestic bill shit has a way of getting out of control pretty fast.

An atheist believes in nothing.

What's to report?

He believed in…. nothing…

It was hate crime against his mother in law…

Dope.

Really? Already forgot about Las Vegas and Columbine?

Forum List

Back