Why Jail for Kim Davis But Not for Sanctuary City Officials?

I hope you realize that while the RWnuts keep making this double standard accusation now,

THEIR position is to simply flip flop the double standard to their own double standard, i.e.,

let Davis go and then go after the sanctuary cities.

They are guilty of the same double standard they're ranting against.

False equivalency, Mike.

Rosa Davis wrongfully was denied equal access to public transportation.

Kim Davis wrongfully was denying equal access to county clerk services.

actually no. she just had to sit in the back of the bus...she was still allowed to ride.....
actually as usual you are wrong. She had to sit in a particular section of the bus and was denied to sit up front and had to give up her sit, although she paid the same prices. The far right is relentlessly stupid.

that was wrong and has been corrected. This woman had the right to refuse service to gays knowing that she was violating the law. The muslim flight attendent refused to serve alcohol even though that was part of her job. Why is one form of religious protest ok and the other not?

The far right, and some of the far left, are masters of false equivalency, then cry when they get caught.

Well Mike just brought up a great point, when it comes to following the law. We have judge Kim Davis being put in jail for refusing to issue marriage licenses in a state where the people voted in favor of traditional marriage. The Supreme Court made its own ruling against the voters, but the judge still followed what she believed was right in denying same sex couples marriage licenses. She is told she will be in jail until her beliefs are changed.

The San Francisco mayor believes what the city is doing is right,, by standing up to Federal law that supports immigration enforcement. Unlike the situation with Kim Davis, San Francisco's efforts have resulted in the death of American citizens. Still, it doesn't make major headlines with most of the media. There are no repercussions, no jail time for those responsible for violating federal law. Yes, there is an obvious double standard of enforcement and consequences for those violators here.

States also voted against integration. The courts ordered them to do otherwise. Davis does not have to change her beliefs but if her beliefs conflict with doing her job, she has to make a choice

That choice can't be forcing your beliefs on others

actually no. she just had to sit in the back of the bus...she was still allowed to ride.....
She paid the same fare as everyone else, yet was told she was not entitled to a white mans seat

but it was the law at the time....right...and you guys say that this clerk has to follow the law......so you agree Rosa parks, the NAACP activist should have obeyed the law...right?
Your analogy is incorrect

Davis is not Rosa Parks

Davis is the bus driver enforcing her bigotry on others

You are a fucking loser, and I think it is laughable that you and everyone like you pretend to care if a faggot gets married. I think you have actually convinced yourself that you care about it.

So, how about all of those mayors and judges and sheriffs that violate federal law for illegals? You know what? Fuck you and your hypocritical double talking answer.

You unreal pieces of shit can giggle away. Have fun. It is your time now. Know this. Your time will come when you will not be giggling anymore. Count on it.

Fuck you hypocrite.

Here is what gays had to do

When officials were not following the law, they went to court and they were ordered to do so. Why can't you do the same?

Kate's family is taking SFO to court for failing to follow US law and that that violation of federal law resulted in Kate's death.

The far right, and some of the far left, are masters of false equivalency, then cry when they get caught.

Well Mike just brought up a great point, when it comes to following the law. We have judge Kim Davis being put in jail for refusing to issue marriage licenses in a state where the people voted in favor of traditional marriage. The Supreme Court made its own ruling against the voters, but the judge still followed what she believed was right in denying same sex couples marriage licenses. She is told she will be in jail until her beliefs are changed.

The San Francisco mayor believes what the city is doing is right,, by standing up to Federal law that supports immigration enforcement. Unlike the situation with Kim Davis, San Francisco's efforts have resulted in the death of American citizens. Still, it doesn't make major headlines with most of the media. There are no repercussions, no jail time for those responsible for violating federal law. Yes, there is an obvious double standard of enforcement and consequences for those violators here.

States also voted against integration. The courts ordered them to do otherwise. Davis does not have to change her beliefs but if her beliefs conflict with doing her job, she has to make a choice

Hmmmmm, and forcing a baker to bake for a gay couple is not forcing your beliefs on others???? Double standard or hypocrisy-----------you choose.

She paid the same fare as everyone else, yet was told she was not entitled to a white mans seat

but it was the law at the time....right...and you guys say that this clerk has to follow the law......so you agree Rosa parks, the NAACP activist should have obeyed the law...right?

Davis is not Rosa Parks

You are a fucking loser, and I think it is laughable that you and everyone like you pretend to care if a faggot gets married. I think you have actually convinced yourself that you care about it.

So, how about all of those mayors and judges and sheriffs that violate federal law for illegals? You know what? Fuck you and your hypocritical double talking answer.

You unreal pieces of shit can giggle away. Have fun. It is your time now. Know this. Your time will come when you will not be giggling anymore. Count on it.

Fuck you hypocrite.

When officials were not following the law, they went to court and they were ordered to do so. Why can't you do the same?

Kate's family is taking SFO to court for failing to follow US law and that that violation of federal law resulted in Kate's death.
Only, they did follow the law since holding him for deportation, and for no other reason, has been ruled unconstitutional...

I hope you realize that while the RWnuts keep making this double standard accusation now,

THEIR position is to simply flip flop the double standard to their own double standard, i.e.,

If Conservatives want to go after sanctuary cities, then do it

Use the courts to insist that immigration laws be followed. My feeling is the courts will not be too supportive of their case

Hmmmmm, and forcing a baker to bake for a gay couple is not forcing your beliefs on others???? Double standard or hypocrisy-----------you choose.
Same issue. You might believe they are unequal but they have to be treated as equals. If you can't do that, get a different job, like one where you can legally discriminate. Those jobs do exist.

Davis is not Rosa Parks

Fuck you hypocrite.

Good for them

That is what gays had to do when laws were not being followed

Use the courts to insist that immigration laws be followed. My feeling is the courts will not be too supportive of their case

Meanwhile they are all violating federal laws, and they are not being put in jail are they.

Let us know when you allow illegals to camp out in your back yard. Until then, all you are is a hypocritical dick.

That is all you are. A fucking pawn for your communist masters.

Davis is not Rosa Parks

Fuck you hypocrite.

Good for them

It amazes me that you equate death and gay marriage. But you are a liberal, soooooooooooooooo

These RWnuts want the state and local governments to be able to ignore same sex marriage law,

but not immigration law.

Interesting.

Wrong, the clerk violated law and should be punished in accordance with the law.

Question for you: Why was she denied bail? Is she a danger to society? Is she a flight risk? That is simply absurd.

lol, yes let the Conservatives go after the sanctuary cities with those unelected tyrannical judges employing judicial activism and judicial fiat.

lol

Meanwhile they are all violating federal laws, and they are not being put in jail are they.

Let us know when you allow illegals to camp out in your back yard. Until then, all you are is a hypocritical dick.

That is all you are. A fucking pawn for your communist masters.
Like I said...take them to court
That is why we have courts

I think you will lose because cities will claim immigration is a federal responsibility not a local one.....but you are welcome to try

Davis is not Rosa Parks

Fuck you hypocrite.

Good for them

It amazes me that you equate death and gay marriage. But you are a liberal, soooooooooooooooo

So only when your situation is life or death are you entitled to constitutional rights?

These RWnuts want the state and local governments to be able to ignore same sex marriage law,

but not immigration law.

Interesting.

Wrong, the clerk violated law and should be punished in accordance with the law.

Question for you: Why was she denied bail? Is she a danger to society? Is she a flight risk? That is simply absurd.
She didn't jaywalk, she's being held on Contempt, and can be, in this case, as long as she holds her elected position. Were she to be reelected, she could continue to be held, as long as she refuses to do her job or interferes with others doing it for her.

Reelect Kim Davis, so she stays in jail. Could get interesting but she won't hold out that long, not a chance.

Davis is not Rosa Parks

Fuck you hypocrite.

Good for them

I'd like to respond, but your post makes absolutely no sense

Fuck you hypocrite.

Good for them

So only when your situation is life or death are you entitled to constitutional rights?

not even close to what I said. I was merely pointing out the hypocrisy of liberals who support the murder of unborn human beings, selling their body parts and then whining about gay marriage.

said another way; your priorities are all fucked up.

Forum List

Back