Why Liberals Want To Ban The AR-15

The fundamental reason weakbrains buy them is because they look "scary"; i.e;, they look just like an M16.

***\\\This Is My Opinion///***

I believe Liberals want to ban the AR-15 for two reasons...

1. The AR-15 is scary looking, it's that simple. The AR-15 is scary looking and it's easy to get people to think the AR-15 is bad because of the way it looks.

2. Here's the main reason why Liberals want to ban the AR-15. If Liberals are successful, they can then point to other guns as more powerful and say "We banned the AR-15 so we should ban all of these other weapons because they are more powerful and accurate."

That's why the big push to ban the AR-15.

And you are wrong. No other gun, freely available to civilians, is designed for or capable of killing as many people as possible in as short a time as possible as the AR-15.
Many handguns hold 15-18 rounds. Handgun are much more mobile and concealable. The rounds they hold can be excessively deadly.

Yes, in some situations, but not as consistently as the AR. The AR's accuracy doesn't degrade any where near as quickly as any other commonly available gun, including pistols, and concealment isn't always an issue.

Moron....

There are over 18 million AR-15 rifles in private hands in the United STates.....how many were used to kill people in 2018?

In 2018 there were a total of 5 attacks with rifles, either AK-47 civilian models or AR-15s, which are civilian rifles.........

Total killed.... 39 people. ( cars kill over 38,000 people)

numbers killed in the attacks...

Notice.....in only one of those attacks did the killer with the rifle kill more people than the guys with the pump action shotguns......

You don't know what you are talking about......

AGain....the Russian shooter....Killed 20, injured 40 with a tube fed, 5 shot, pump action shotgun.

The Navy Yard shooter killed 12 with a pump action shotgun..

The Santa Fe shooter used a pump action shotgun and .38 revolver and killed 10

You don't know what you are talking about.

The fundamental reason weakbrains buy them is because they look "scary"; i.e;, they look just like an M16.

No.....we have over 18 million AR-15 rifles in private hands...the majority reason people buy them is they are easy to use, clean and they can be customized for all body shapes.

Many handguns hold 15-18 rounds. Handgun are much more mobile and concealable. The rounds they hold can be excessively deadly.
Calibres in handguns with mags holding that many don't have the killing power of AR 15 calibres at the same ranges.

Moron...

In 2018 there were a total of 5 attacks with rifles, either AK-47 civilian models or AR-15s, which are civilian rifles.........

Total killed.... 39 people.

Virginia tech shooter with 2, 9mm pistols....32 killed.

Notice.....in only one of those attacks did the killer with the rifle kill more people than the guys with the pump action shotguns......

You don't know what you are talking about......

AGain....the Russian shooter....Killed 20, injured 40 with a tube fed, 5 shot, pump action shotgun.

1. The AR-15 is scary looking, it's that simple. The AR-15 is scary looking and it's easy to get people to think the AR-15 is bad because of the way it looks.

2. Here's the main reason why Liberals want to ban the AR-15. If Liberals are successful, they can then point to other guns as more powerful and say "We banned the AR-15 so we should ban all of these other weapons because they are more powerful and accurate."

You don't need it for personal protection, a regular gun will do. It's a gun designed for war, mass killing. One could easily shoot up a shopping mall with one, not good. We have too many idiots in this country wanting to walk into shopping malls, movie theaters, dance clubs, and schools wanting to kill as many people as they can in a short amount of time. The AR-15 allows them to do that.

I know all the gun nuts are going cry your violating my rights, I say go cry me a river pumpkin we need tougher gun control in this country to lower the murders. It violates the constitution you say? I don't care so be it.

I recently left truck driving for a 48k year job in the Social Services industry that was offered to me. Pretty good since most my jobs besides truck driving have been low paying $7-10hr and I got fired from 7 jobs. Dyslexic, ADHD, Mildly Autistic, Mild problems with seizures.

But anyway... back to my point. Most the people I have known in the healthcare/ Social Services industry including caregivers, doctors, nurses are very much pro gun control. Several doctors I have known have said they see it everyday in the ER, they need stronger gun control laws in this country.
Lol
...And political correctness has made you fucking retarded

And you are wrong. No other gun, freely available to civilians, is designed for or capable of killing as many people as possible in as short a time as possible as the AR-15.

Yes, in some situations, but not as consistently as the AR. The AR's accuracy doesn't degrade any where near as quickly as any other commonly available gun, including pistols, and concealment isn't always an issue.
Yeah but bear with me for a second...practically speaking...if you are in close quarters (office, school...mosque...etc.) and wish to effect max damage...a handgun is just as effective a tool as an AR.
I mean there is a reason police carry handguns and not rifles. You have a valid point Bulldog not arguing just saying.

In practical situations one can maximize the kill ratio with a handgun on concealment and a greater element of surprise alone.

Yep...

Virginia Tech...2, 9mm pistols....32 killed.

..the Russian shooter....Killed 20, injured 40 with a tube fed, 5 shot, pump action shotgun.

Yeah but bear with me for a second...practically speaking...if you are in close quarters (office, school...mosque...etc.) and wish to effect max damage...a handgun is just as effective a tool as an AR.
I mean there is a reason police carry handguns and not rifles. You have a valid point Bulldog not arguing just saying.

In practical situations one can maximize the kill ratio with a handgun on concealment and a greater element of surprise alone.

Yep...

..the Russian shooter....Killed 20, injured 40 with a tube fed, 5 shot, pump action shotgun.

Yep,
Progressives have absolutely zero credibility when it comes to firearms knowledge, political correctness has made them fucking retarded

Except for this little ranch rifle.
Ruger-Rifle-MINI-14-Ranch-5.56-NATO-Wood-Stock-Rifle---5816.jpg
It's based on a military action designed to kill/wound as many people as quickly as possible and will take large capacity detachable magazines, so should likewise be severely restricted.

So it’s not the total number of people killed that you’re concerned about...it’s the total number killed in a single incident? Am I understanding you right?

That isn't right.....since these facts are true...

Total killed in the entire year with rifles in mass public shootings.... 39 people.

You don't need it for personal protection, a regular gun will do. It's a gun designed for war, mass killing. One could easily shoot up a shopping mall with one, not good. We have too many idiots in this country wanting to walk into shopping malls, movie theaters, dance clubs, and schools wanting to kill as many people as they can in a short amount of time. The AR-15 allows them to do that.

I know all the gun nuts are going cry your violating my rights, I say go cry me a river pumpkin we need tougher gun control in this country to lower the murders. It violates the constitution you say? I don't care so be it.

I recently left truck driving for a 48k year job in the Social Services industry that was offered to me. Pretty good since most my jobs besides truck driving have been low paying $7-10hr and I got fired from 7 jobs. Dyslexic, ADHD, Mildly Autistic, Mild problems with seizures.

But anyway... back to my point. Most the people I have known in the healthcare/ Social Services industry including caregivers, doctors, nurses are very much pro gun control. Several doctors I have known have said they see it everyday in the ER, they need stronger gun control laws in this country.

The AR-15 has never been used in war, and has never been used by the military....of any branch....

Do you know which guns are actual military weapons...

Pump action shotguns....in current use by all branches.

Bolt action, deer hunting rifle...in current use by the U.S. mililtary.

Lever action rifles...used by the U.S. military.

Revolvers...used by the U.S. military.

You don't even understand the issue....

need tougher gun control in this country to lower the murders

You don't understand the issue or crime in this country.....

Please, explain the following.....

Over the last 26 years, we went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 18.6 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2018...guess what happened...

-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.
The anti-gun hypothesis and argument.....

More Guns = More Gun crime regardless of any other factors.

Actual Result:

In the U.S....as more Americans own and carry guns over the last 26 years, gun murder down 49%, gun crime down 75%, violent crime down 72%

The result: Exact opposite of theory of anti-gunners....

In Science when you have a theory, when that theory is tested....and the exact opposite result happens...that means your theory is wrong. That is science....not left wing wishful thinking.

Whatever the crime rate does......as more Americans owned more guns the crime rate did not go up....so again...

Britain...

More Guns = More Gun Crime
Britain had access to guns before they banned them.....they had low gun crime, low gun murder.
They banned guns, the gun murder rate spiked for 10 years then returned to the same level...
Your Theory again....
More guns = More Gun Crime
Guns Banned creates no change? That means banning guns for law abiding gun owners had no effect on gun crime.
When your theory states one thing, and you implement your theory, and nothing changes....in science, that means your theory is wrong...
-------

Maine tops ‘safest states’ rankings four years after removing major gun restriction

When Maine passed a “Constitutional Carry” law allowing Maine residents to carry a concealed firearm without any special permit in 2015, opponents of the law forecast a dangerous future for the state. They said the new law would hurt public safety and put Maine kids at risk.

One state representative who opposed the bill went so far as to say it would give Mainers a reason to be afraid every time they went out in public or to work.

Another state representative suggested the law would lead to violent criminals with recent arrests and convictions legally carrying handguns.

-----

Now four years later, Maine has been named the safest state in the nation according to US News and World Report’s public safety rankings, which measures the fifty states based on crime data.

Ranking as the top safest state for violent crime and fourth for property crime, Maine edges out another New England state, Vermont, for the top spot. Of note, Vermont also is a “Constitutional Carry” state. New Hampshire ranks third in the national rankings, giving New England all three of the top spots in the nation.

In 2018, Maine was edged out by Vermont in the same “safest states” ranking, but declared the best state overall in the broader “Crime and Corrections” category.

In 2017, using a different methodology, Maine was ranked second among the fifty states in the “Crime and Corrections” category and also second in the categories used to rank the “safest states.”

The U.S. News and World Report “Best States” rankings are built in partnership with McKinsey & Company, a firm that works closely with state leaders around the nation.

Maine has also ranked at the top of other state rankings. WalletHub.com recently ranked Maine second in “Personal and Residential Safety” among the fifty states, and third overall.

That's a lie. Hand guns are used in most mass shootings.

I wasn’t lying.. just stating an observation

Yeah, an observation that has been debunked in every thread on firearms. I'm sure I've seen you in at least a couple of them. So what would you call an observation that has been proven to be untrue?

im not twisting numbers to form a narrative just providing the most obvious reason for supporting regulation by most people. They hear AR15 and think of most the major mass shootings we’ve had in the USA. Schools, night clubs, churches... that’s why they support regulation. The OP left out the most obvious point.

And the only reason people think that way is due to propaganda pushed by the commiecrats and their lackey media. ARs have lower body counts than fist, feet and clubs, they just get all the publicity. Studies show the last AW ban had no measurable effect on crime. It's all planned to eventually disarm law abiding citizens. That's why I say, NO MORE COMPROMISE!!!!!!!!!!

How about you list the biggest mass shootings in the US over the past few years and the type of weapon used... I’m not talking about gang homicides in Chicago, I’m talking about mass shootings in public forums... you obviously need to do the research so have fun.

Here....

Las Vegas....rifle with magazine 58 killed

Virginia Tech....2 pistols.....38 killed

Luby's Cafe.....2 pistols 24 killed...

Russian Polytechnich shooting, 5 shot, tube fed, pump action shotgun...20 killed, 40 injured

It isn't the weapon, it is the location of the attack and how long the shooter can kill before someone with a gun shoots back to stop him.

Im right about banning them? I never said I wanted to ban them. You have serious reading comprehension problems.

I jumped the gun...so what is your position? Ban or No ban?
no ban

Okay, no ban. But Regulation then.
Yeah sure depends on what the plan is, I’m always open to smart ideas to help solve problems and make our world safer.

On handguns, I don't have an answer or even a suggestion. But Handguns aren't inherent to the high body count potential. In fact, a Shiv Specialist can inflict the same body count as the handgun in the same time and space. So I don't have an opinion on how to address it. But the handgun has other uses other than going for a body count. And I think we have covered those to death already.

But the AR is another story. I think I have clearly expressed my thoughts on that already.

You are really dumb.....

Las Vegas shooter.....58 killed.

Virginia Tech, 2 pistols....32 killed

Luby's Cafe, 2 pistols....24 killed.

It isn't the weapon, you dope, it is the location of the target and it's gun free zone status that allows for more people being killed.

Oh, whoops...me and that stupid critical thinking shit. Sorry, you’re right, ban them and trample on our Constitution on FEELZ alone.
Im right about banning them? I never said I wanted to ban them. You have serious reading comprehension problems.

I jumped the gun...so what is your position? Ban or No ban?
no ban

Okay, no ban. But Regulation then.
Yeah sure depends on what the plan is, I’m always open to smart ideas to help solve problems and make our world safer.

The only way to lower gun murder is to keep gun criminals locked up....but the democrat party won't do that, they keep releasing violent, repeat gun offenders over and over again......

Why is that? And why do you support releasing violent gun offenders?

I support a life sentence on any criminal who uses a gun for an actual gun crime..... and 30 years if a criminal is caught in possession of a gun, even if they are not using it at that moment for crime.

This will dry up gun crime over night. Criminals will stop using guns for robberies, rapes and murders.....and those who do will be gone forever......

Criminals will also stop walking around with guns in their pants......which is the leading cause of random gang shootings in our cities. if they are stopped by police, with a gun in their pants, they are gone for 30 years...they will stop carrying those guns, and random gang violence will end.

You implement this with two other things...

1) No More Bargaining Away the Gun Charge.........it must be against the law to bargain away a gun charge as part of a plea deal....this stops.

2) When a criminal is arrested for any crime, and booked in...they will be read the announcement that any use of a crime is a life sentence without parole, owning or carrying a gun as a felon is a 30 year sentence without parole....when they are released from custody...the same will be read to them again....when they meet their parole officer it will be read to them again.....the U.S. government will also buy and send out Public announcements on this policy on t.v. radio. and cable......

That is how you stop gun crime over night.

Mass shooters are different..... but with only 93 people killed in mass public shootings in 2018, they are not the major problem in gun crime.

The value in my plan......it actually targets the individuals actually using guns to commit crimes and murder people....

It does not require new background check laws, it does not require gun licensing, licensing gun owners, gun registration, new taxes, fees or regulations on guns...

By making gun crime a life sentence, criminals will stop using guns for crime and will stop carrying guns around for protection.....

Also....a nurse, with a legal gun, driving from Pennsylvania, to New Jersey, will not be considered a gun criminal.....that will end. Criminals with a record of crime, caught with a gun will get 30 years, no deals.....and criminals who use guns for actual crime...robbing the local store, rape, robbery, murder.....life without parole...

This, of course, eliminates the need for more gun control laws...we can already do this.....
Mass shooters

1) end gun free zones

2) get the media to stop covering mass shootings like it is the Oscars.....

3) We are already seeing this...get people who know these nuts to report these nuts....

4) Make sure the police who know these nuts arrest these nuts when they have the chance so they will pop on background checks....
What does each do to stop mass shooters....

1) keeps shooters from targeting people, since they target gun free zones.

2) The media not covering it like they are the criminal oscars deters copycats...just like they stopped covering teen suicides to stop the copycat effect

3) The only way to stop mass shooters, since they commit no other crime, is for family, coworkers and neighbors to report their violent behavior....the Odessa shooter should have felonies for the crimes he was committing but they didn't report his shooting his weapon from his front porch....

4) The Parkland shooter had 33 contacts with police and numerous contacts with police at his school.....due to Obama's "Promise Program" the police never arrested him for the felonies he committed....so he didn't pop on the background check..

It is the weapon of choice of mass murderers and has no purpose ion the hands of civilians

It is the weapon of choice of mass murderers and has no purpose ion the hands of civilians

Wrong.....you don't know what you are talking about.....the hand gun is the weapon of choice, you moron.

The AR-15 is a civilian rifle, you doofus...

There are over 18 million AR-15 rifles in private hands in the United States...

Total killed with rifles in mass public shootings.... 39 people.

Luby's Cafe...2, pistols.....24 killed

Notice.....in only one of those attacks with rifles did the killer with the rifle kill more people than the guys with the pump action shotguns......

So it’s not the total number of people killed that you’re concerned about...it’s the total number killed in a single incident? Am I understanding you right?
When it comes to mass killings? Absolutely.

When it comes to the US firearm homicide rate, handguns should be severely restricted in order to lower it. Especially as around half of all US firearm homicides are committed with handguns.

“Half”....huh?
“In 2010, 358 murders were reported involving a rifle while 6,009 were reported involving a handgun; another 1,939 were reported with an unspecified type of firearm. About 1.4 million people have died from firearms in the U.S. between 1968 and 2011.”

And in 2018, as more than 18 million Ar-15 rifles are in Private hands in the U.S......the rifle murder number is 265...

So the idea that more guns = more gun murder is wrong....

Not really. Check out what guns Charles Whitman used. There is also Lee Harvy Oswald. Even for his times the fun he used to kill a presidant was about as shitty as they come. It's not the weapons it's the people behind them.

The AR-15 wasn't as readily available for Whitman, and Lee Harvey Oswald shot one person.
Nevertheless, he killed 11 people and wounded 31.

Over a period of more than 1 1/2 hours with no real response to his attack.

There are over 18 million AR-15 rifles in private hands in the United States...

Total killed with rifles in mass public shootings.... 39 people.

Luby's Cafe... 2 pistols, 24 killed

You don't know much about firearns, do you.

I have several ARs. Here's a picture of one of them.

p_953-000-018_1.jpg

Does that look scary to you?

No.....we have over 18 million AR-15 rifles in private hands...the majority reason people buy them is they are easy to use, clean and they can be customized for all body shapes.
The post identified "weakbrains", meaning it applied to those exclusively.

Forum List

Back